* * * * - 14 votes

C60 experiments @ home

buckyball c60 fullerene buckyballs

• Please log in to reply
3585 replies to this topic

#151 Metrodorus

• 188 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

Have you read the original paper 'rat paper'? The lipofullerene solution was stable in a dark room temperature cupboard for two years. It would probably remain stable for even longer, given the antioxidant properties of the fullerene.

#152 senso42

• 11 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

thanks metro!

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#153 aaaaaaal

• 94 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

Personally i am not taking C60 with oil at this time.

The first thing i want to do, is make this taste better.

Tonight i am mixing in good ol' pace picante sauce, vinegar with the olive oil and carbon. This tastes much better than the tuna so far, but there is still a lot of oil... even for bread, as you end up eating way too much bread...

As for resveratrol, i am taking 4 to 6 grams a day without issues... and i dont plan to give prospective rats C60 without it being pure and solubilized... my current issue is taste.

Cheers
A
Circle me: https://profiles.goo...236572014252197

Hi Anthony,

What is your main reason for taking 4 to 6 grams of Resveratrol per day? I wouldn't ask if it would have extended the lives of normal mice. Thanks.
  • dislike x 1

#154 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

Someone mentioned to start up a new study, and someone already offered some money. An Imminst member who has always wanted to do mouse experiments is Agevivo. I don't think this would cost too much to get going. C60, olive oil, a larger cohort of mice, etc... What does everyone else think?
  • like x 2

#155 HappyPhysicist

• 156 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

Senso,

I was afraid of that. Here are some standard internet links for the equipment I have purchased so far:

Magnetic Stirrer:

http://en.wikipedia....agnetic_stirrer

Centrifuge:

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Centrifuge

Buchner flask/filter

http://en.wikipedia....i/Büchner_flask

#156 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

Yeah, HP, and I broke down and bought all that stuff too. I'll be damned if somebody's going to call me low-tech!

#157 HappyPhysicist

• 156 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:54 PM

So I am wondering if I should get a hydrophilic or hydrophobic filter for the olive oil?

#158 HappyPhysicist

• 156 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

Just found this on a steroid users website:

From my experience and trial and error procedures, I've noticed that the best filter membrane, by far, for oil solutions is NYLON. You can also use PVDF, although you need to take into account the speed of which the different membranes can process your solution. From what I"ve used, the PVDF membrane, especially in .22micron has a speed that is extremely exaggerated on many websites like the Whatman homepage. To me, using this filter with a GSO type solution is about as bad as watching the grass grow. That is my best description of how slow PVDF is in filtering in a .22micron size. .45 microns in PVDF allow for twice this speed, but it's like doubling the speed of a turtle. It's still gonna be way too dam slow for myself.

#159 mpe

• Guest, F@H
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

Someone mentioned to start up a new study, and someone already offered some money. An Imminst member who has always wanted to do mouse experiments is Agevivo. I don't think this would cost too much to get going. C60, olive oil, a larger cohort of mice, etc... What does everyone else think?

Yes great let's get into it, the sooner we get some results the better

#160 HappyPhysicist

• 156 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

Well a few of us PALS (People with ALS) are starting up the human trial right away. It is interesting the average lifespan of a PALS after diagnosis is about the same as the Wistar Rat. So we should be able to detect efficacy (for ALS) about as fast as another rat study would. So far I count about 3 PALS about to embark on the study. If it does help us that number will grow quickly, if it doesn't the study will probably be abandoned.
  • like x 2

#161 HappyPhysicist

• 156 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:39 PM

Turnbuckle,

Not to be outdone I purchased a green laser. Gotta love that amazon prime membership. Free shipping on every order. Laser was $8.

I just purchased Nylon 0.22 micron 90 mm diameter disk filters. The funnel I ordered is 90 mm diameter. If anyone else out there has a 90 mm filter I'd be glad to sell you some of my stock of filters. They aren't expensive, about 1$ a piece but I had to buy a box of 100. A lot to pay if they don't work.

Got them from this website:

https://www.scientificfilters.com/default.asp

https://www.scientif...ane-filters.asp

Thanks,

Ben

#162 revenant

• 306 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:18 AM

I've been looking around for a non toxic food grade deflocculant that can be used in oil with C60. I think I found something that may be useful, Carboxymethyl cellulose. http://en.wikipedia....ethyl_cellulose

#163 HappyPhysicist

• 156 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:38 AM

I've been looking around for a non toxic food grade deflocculant that can be used in oil with C60. I think I found something that may be useful, Carboxymethyl cellulose. http://en.wikipedia....ethyl_cellulose

I'm lost. What are you trying to achieve?

#164 senso42

• 11 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

Well a few of us PALS (People with ALS) are starting up the human trial right away. It is interesting the average lifespan of a PALS after diagnosis is about the same as the Wistar Rat. So we should be able to detect efficacy (for ALS) about as fast as another rat study would. So far I count about 3 PALS about to embark on the study. If it does help us that number will grow quickly, if it doesn't the study will probably be abandoned.

I'm with you ben!

#165 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:09 AM

Buy some C60, dump in olive oil, shake daily and wait two weeks. Any fullerene not absorbed is just going to be excreted.

What makes you so sure that 100 or 200 or 500 angstrom clusters won't be absorbed?

Previous studies have indicated that such clusters are toxic, and that they are in fact absorbed.

#166 HappyPhysicist

• 156 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

Senso,

Sorry I didn't answer you question about DCA. I will start taking that tomorrow. I have my sodium chlorite infusion today. Sorry guys this is a bit off topic, but I will be taking DCA along with C60. DCA is used for mitochondria dysfunction disease. If forces the mitochondria to use the aerobic respiration rather than anaerobic respiration. There was a recent paper published showing it increased the lifespan of ALS mice. The author of the paper expressed concern that if DCA does correct the motor neurons mitochondria dysfunction and gets the motor neurons back on track with aerobic respiration they might be more susceptible to oxidative stress. My hope is the C60 will act as an antioxidant and help with this. Its all a shot in the dark of course. But the lights aren't coming on anytime soon so I am just going to empty my barrel. ;)

HP

#167 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

So how long does it take? The rats were on C60 for months, but is that really necessary?

I’ve had dramatic results* within hours, but after a few days the effect has plateaued and increasing the dose has had little further effect. This is similar to the result I had with PQQ, which was quite noticeable after a couple of days, but plateaued after a week. I still take PQQ, though, as it is said to promote the biogenesis of mitochondria, and that is an ongoing, daily process. C60’s effect on mitochondria is surely different. As the rat trial suggests, it may have reset the rats (or their mitochondria) to a younger age. If so, there’s no reason to take it continuously, but only when needed. So to test this resetting hypothesis, I’m skipping the C60 for a week to see if I get to keep my new-found running stamina and the 20 point drop I’ve see in my total cholesterol.

*I suffered from mitochondrial damage from statin use and couldn’t run more than a hundred yards without gasping for breath. Now I can clip off a mile or two without any trouble--not from a lack of oxygen, anyway.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 07 May 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#168 Metrodorus

• 188 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

Remember - the rats were only given a daily dose for one week.
Then, weekly for two months,
Then fortnightly until the first control rat died, after which, no treatment for any of the rats.

I would suggest a low chronic dosage for large rats, if to be administered on a daily basis. There is no need to consume huge amounts of oil on a daily basis. Possibly 1mL or less of oil per day as a chronic dosage would be sufficient - assuming 3 to 5mg of the original pristine fullerene per mL, depending on your body mass.

As the

#169 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

Remember - the rats were only given a daily dose for one week.
Then, weekly for two months,
Then fortnightly until the first control rat died, after which, no treatment for any of the rats.

I would suggest a low chronic dosage for large rats, if to be administered on a daily basis. There is no need to consume huge amounts of oil on a daily basis. Possibly 1mL or less of oil per day as a chronic dosage would be sufficient - assuming 3 to 5mg of the original pristine fullerene per mL, depending on your body mass.

I took it for ten days, about half that at 2mg/day and the other at 20mg/day. If I do this again down the road, I'll take 10mg daily for a week, and that's about a tablespoon of oil at a .7 mg/ml concentration. So the amount of oil isn't at all unreasonable.

#170 HappyPhysicist

• 156 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

Attached File  c60 after 3 days of mixing.JPG   69.02KB   17 downloads

After 3 days of mixing:

Left: original olive oil
Right: c60 mixture

Edited by HappyPhysicist, 07 May 2012 - 05:31 PM.

#171 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

Another cholesterol update: Before C60 total cholesterol was 228. During the ten day trial it ranged from 202-208, and today, the second day after stopping, it was 191.

#172 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

Hi Mind. Sorry I was out recently. Yes, I currently have 3 mice aged 18 month (+-1 month; need to check) at home. I could give them the mixture and see if they live up to age 2 (normal -), 2.5 (normal +), 3 (++) or more (+++).

Does anyone already have the right mixture (same as in the paper, as much as possible!!)?? Please PM me as I don't follow everything currenly. If you can send me the mixture that would be great. I could take some pictures from time to time and post them here such that you can be informed.

Best, AV.

Edited by AgeVivo, 08 May 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#173 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

There is a social networking thing online that peer reviewed reserarchers use called http://www.myexperiment.org/ imminst longecity could publish its research procedures there to get particularly knowlegeable responses as well as share protocols publicly.

Make magazine http://blog.makezine...w&start=21&sa=N might permit biotechnology creations. Publishing protocol as well as results there would reach many people

Edited by treonsverdery, 08 May 2012 - 06:49 PM.

• like x 1

#174 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hi Mind. Sorry I was out recently. Yes, I currently have 3 mice aged 18 month (+-1 month; need to check) at home. I could give them the mixture and see if they live up to age 2 (normal -), 2.5 (normal +), 3 (++) or more (+++).

Does anyone already have the right mixture (same as in the paper, as much as possible!!)?? Please PM me as I don't follow everything currenly. If you can send me the mixture that would be great. I could take some pictures from time to time and post them here such that you can be informed.

Best, AV.

How much more money would you need to increase your number of pet rats to 10 or 20 and maintain them for a few years (5 years presumably, if the C60 is a miracle substance, which I doubt)? We might be able to scrape together some money either here at Longecity, or maybe through Kickstarter, or petri-dish. In contrast to raising money for anti-aging and rejuvenation (which everyone should support, but they don't), this project might be a winner in the crowd-sourced funding scene because it gives people the hope of "popping a pill" for health and longevity, which seems to appeal to the mass psychology of humans.

#175 HappyPhysicist

• 156 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

I got my Buchner filter setup with a hand pump and .22 micron nylon filters. The olive oils is passing through at about 1 drop per second. But now I am not convinced that the oil is going through the filter rather than around it. With this setup the filter rests at the bottom of the cup and the vacuum pulls the filter tight at the bottom.

In the rat paper the C60 was mixed in the dark but I don't understand why this is so important. I could understand no exposing it to direct sunlight full of UV rays but what is wrong with ambient lighting?

#176 senso42

• 11 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

Ben ,

Olive oil is a precious material and adverse conditions may alter its qualities.
The main risk in the conservation of olive oil is rancidity, that is to say, a fatty acid oxidation.
The main factors contributing to these alterations are:

oxygen,
light,
contact with certain metals

To maintain the quality of olive oil, it should follow these tips, keep:

in a clean and cool, between 12 and 18 ° C
away from direct sunlight
in a sealed container

So I also advise you to take extra virgin oil (wich is not transformed) and if you can buy it or something similar because of the packaging.
The bag in box is packed under vacuum in a pouch that protects the oil from the air and light. This prevents product damage by oxidation or rancidity.

http://www.soleou.fr...-promotion&f=62

#177 senso42

• 11 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

for the filtration pr moussa wanted to invite me in his labo but i' m a lot busy actually so i' m not sure i can go to paris for few weeks
I insisted that he explains the method by mail

I hope he will answer

#178 HappyPhysicist

• 156 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

I think Kickstarter is a great idea!!!

#179 HappyPhysicist

• 156 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

Ok, so I finally got all my equipment, centrifuge and filter. Prepared 10 mL of the elixir and drank it. I assume the concentration was 0.8 mg/mL so I am guessing I took 8 mg and I weight about 85 kg so lets say my dose was 0.1 mg/kg. I don't think it would be possible for me to drink enough of this to get 1.7 mg/kg. Moreover, I decided to dilute my current stock so that my concentration is 0.4 mg/kg. Jus to make sure I am dissolving all of my C60. I did notice that even after 4 days of stirring there was a tiny bit of C60 residue at the bottom.

So far I have not turned into the incredible hulk.

My cheap used centrifuge speed control does not work so I have no idea of how many "g's" the oil mixture is subjected to. In Moussa's paper he said he spun the samples at 5 g's for one hour. 5 g's in a centrifuge is a pretty slow speed. Most centrifuges spin at about 1000 g's.
  • like x 1

#180 senso42

• 11 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

wasn' t it 5000 g in the study ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buckyball, c60, fullerene, buckyballs

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users