C60 Surprises - Anecdotes Of Unique Health Benefits

c60 cure solution remedy therapy improvement

• Please log in to reply
1023 replies to this topic

#841 njurkovi

• 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:10 PM

As far as breath holding goes, it seems the training effect could be eliminated by doing the C60 trial first. But the placebo effect would be harder. You would have to hold your breath until you passed out, then see if it was longer to passing out on C60. That would be hard to attribute that to placebo. Not that I am recommending this.

I have been on C60OO about two years and have a pretty good feel for this stuff. It definitely improves oxygenation. However I have noticed a few negatives: I always get a sore on my left temple when I take it and eat gluten. It seems in fact to create a gluten intolerance. But I have given C60 to family members and it seems not to have this effect on them - it is probably just me. I find the gluten intolerance is proportionate to the dose. On smaller doses, it is hardly noticeable. It was when I upped my dose to 15mL a couple times a week that it became an issue. Also, I began to feel somewhat dependent on it. A few days without it and I was really dragging. So I decided to stop it for a while. Within a few weeks I noticed two things: my eyebrows started falling out, and my left knee was so stiff as to almost cripple me. In fact the knee had bothered me quite a bit before I started C60 (due to an old injury) but I had kind of forgotten about it. So I decided that I do need some C60 and am back on 5mL weekly. I avoid gluten for a couple days after dosing. This is enough to keep my knee from hurting. My eyebrows are back too. I can live without eyebrows, but I do have to be able to walk. If ever I can't get any C60 I will have to get a knee replacement. 

Caliope,

Is there an implication here that you would be worse off when stopping  C60 as compared to when you were not taking it at all?

#842 caliope

• 41 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:46 PM

No way to know what my knee would be like if I hadn't ever been on C60. I remember before it was very stiff in the morning and I was always doing exercises and supplements to keep it from hurting. That was two years ago so it's logical it would have gotten worse. In any case I have no regrets since it's a lot easier to take C60 than to do all the other stuff I was doing.

As far as gluten intolerance goes C60 definitely doesn't mask it because it's only on C60 that I have any symptoms. Somehow it causes me to react to gluten. Someone with a better understanding of biochemistry than me will have to figure that one out.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#843 njurkovi

• 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:06 PM

Caliope,

Thanks for the response. One more question - were your eyebrows falling out prior to taking C60?

Thanks

#844 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:19 PM

No way to know what my knee would be like if I hadn't ever been on C60. I remember before it was very stiff in the morning and I was always doing exercises and supplements to keep it from hurting. That was two years ago so it's logical it would have gotten worse. In any case I have no regrets since it's a lot easier to take C60 than to do all the other stuff I was doing.

As far as gluten intolerance goes C60 definitely doesn't mask it because it's only on C60 that I have any symptoms. Somehow it causes me to react to gluten. Someone with a better understanding of biochemistry than me will have to figure that one out.

C60 appears to energize mitochondria, upping ATP production, and that might indeed have some effect on your gluten sensitivity, at least according to this theory--

Metabolic features of the cell danger response.

The cell danger response (CDR) is the evolutionarily conserved metabolic response that protects cells and hosts from harm. It is triggered by encounters with chemical, physical, or biological threats that exceed the cellular capacity for homeostasis. The resulting metabolic mismatch between available resources and functional capacity produces a cascade of changes in cellular electron flow, oxygen consumption, redox, membrane fluidity, lipid dynamics, bioenergetics, carbon and sulfur resource allocation, protein folding and aggregation, vitamin availability, metal homeostasis, indole, pterin, 1-carbon and polyamine metabolism, and polymer formation. The first wave of danger signals consists of the release of metabolic intermediates like ATP and ADP, Krebs cycle intermediates, oxygen, and reactive oxygen species (ROS), and is sustained by purinergic signaling. . . An understanding of the CDR permits us to reframe old concepts of pathogenesis for a broad array of chronic, developmental, autoimmune, and degenerative disorders. These disorders include autism spectrum disorders (ASD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), asthma, atopy, gluten and many other food and chemical sensitivity syndromes. . .

• Informative x 2
  • Ill informed x 1

#845 caliope

• 41 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:57 AM

Interesting, Turnbuckle. So do I understand you to be saying that the C60 increases "functional capacity" in such a way that it outstrips "available resources," thus causing gluten intolerance? Gluten intolerance seems to be generated in this way: the gluten breaks down into peptides that the body sees as invaders, causing an immune response. Would then there not then also be two other possibilities: 1. that increased blood flow to the gut causes me to absorb more of these peptides or 2. that C60 increases the immune response?

The theory of the outstripping of functional capacity and apparent cell damage seems to me problematic because of C60's apparent life-extending properties. Of course we don't know if C60 works in rats as it does in humans and I appreciate that I'm a test subject in my own experiment. What we really need are identical twins to try this out on. How else could we know for sure if eyebrows would be less patchy without having done C60? I know that my eyebrows were thinning out two years ago, but they were not patchy I don't think. But since then there have been some hormonal issues that are perfectly normal for 46 year old women - so I use a progesterone cream now that I didn't use two years ago. Is there anyway to account for that in our experiment? There isn't so we are left with Occam's razor - it makes more sense to me that C60 somehow masks or delays aging rather than accelerates it. I think the worst case is a sort of Dorian Gray effect - where when C60 is stopped one quickly reverts to one's actual age. More likely it delays aging at least in some respects. But without our twins we may never know for sure. 

#846 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:57 AM

Interesting, Turnbuckle. So do I understand you to be saying that the C60 increases "functional capacity" in such a way that it outstrips "available resources," thus causing gluten intolerance? Gluten intolerance seems to be generated in this way: the gluten breaks down into peptides that the body sees as invaders, causing an immune response. Would then there not then also be two other possibilities: 1. that increased blood flow to the gut causes me to absorb more of these peptides or 2. that C60 increases the immune response?

The theory of the outstripping of functional capacity and apparent cell damage seems to me problematic because of C60's apparent life-extending properties. Of course we don't know if C60 works in rats as it does in humans and I appreciate that I'm a test subject in my own experiment. What we really need are identical twins to try this out on. How else could we know for sure if eyebrows would be less patchy without having done C60? I know that my eyebrows were thinning out two years ago, but they were not patchy I don't think. But since then there have been some hormonal issues that are perfectly normal for 46 year old women - so I use a progesterone cream now that I didn't use two years ago. Is there anyway to account for that in our experiment? There isn't so we are left with Occam's razor - it makes more sense to me that C60 somehow masks or delays aging rather than accelerates it. I think the worst case is a sort of Dorian Gray effect - where when C60 is stopped one quickly reverts to one's actual age. More likely it delays aging at least in some respects. But without our twins we may never know for sure. 

I'm not claiming the paper is correct, only that it may have some bearing. My take is that gluten (or its breakdown products) is seen as a poison which the body is dealing with, but hasn't yet gone into emergency mode. But when C60 ups the production of ATP, that triggers a cascade of processes in motion. It doesn't have anything directly to do with gluten intolerance, it's just a matter of pulling a trigger that's already half-pulled.

Exercise also stimulates ATP production and can trigger allergic reactions, possibly for the same reason. 

Edited by Turnbuckle, 22 September 2015 - 12:22 PM.

• Ill informed x 1

#847 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:52 PM

Replication of Turnbuckle breath-holding experiment

For my first posting in this online community, I'm replicating Turnbuckle’s breath holding experiment.  I’m curious whether I can get similar results by using an even lower dose of c60oo than Turnbuckle used.  I also believe, as Turnbuckle and others have suggested, that breath-holding durations may provide a simple and useful metric concerning one big effect of c60oo that many report.  So let's get some data on this.

Some background:  I’m a male in my late 40s. I have been taking c60oo (carbon60oliveoil brand) for 10 weeks at 7 to 14 day intervals (average interval about 9 days) at 1.5 mg to 2.5 mg per dose.  So my lifetime total is around 20 mg.   

My previous dose (2 mg) was 8 days ago.  

I’ve more or less replicated the first 3 stages of Turnbuckle’s breath holding trial at 1/3 his dose.  And for variation, 4 hours after first 1 mg, I took another 1 mg, thereby doubling the day’s dose.  

I diluted the c60oo product even further with a known highest quality EVOO (4:1 ratio) and consumed the EVOO/c60oo solution with chickpeas and lentils.

I paused for about 1 minute between attempts, breathing normally, taking a deep exhale-inhale before starting.  Measurements are in seconds.

In the results tabulated below, you’ll see some analysis I ran on the numbers.  The percentages in brackets are percent increases in 4 measures at each test time vis a vis the control (T1). Specifically, at each testing (T2, T3, etc), I’ve calculated: 

• the percent increase in "total seconds" across the three attempts over T1.
  • the median of three attempts compared to median time at T1.
  • the maximum time of three attempts compared to maximum time at T1.
  • finally, I averaged the three above measures of % increase and named this new measure BQ or "Breath Quotient."  

TURNBUCKLE - scores (and % increases over T1)

Sources: #823 and #824 in this thread

T1 (0 hours): 25, 35, 60, Tot=120, Median=35, Max=60

Consumed 3 mg

T2 (1 hours): 25, 55, 85, Tot=165 (38%), Median=55 (57%), Max=85 (42%), BQ = 45%

T3 (2 hours): 25, 65, 90, Tot=180 (50%), Median=65 (86%), Max=90 (50%), BQ = 62%

T4 (3 hours): Did not test

T5 (4 hours): Did not test

T6 (5 hours): XX, XX, XX, Tot=XXX (50%), Median=XX (86%), Max=XX (50%), BQ = 62%*

___

* Turnbuckle reports (post #824) "I retested after five hours from the 3-mg dose, and the results were the same as after two hours" (hence, I entered my calculations on his T3 numbers for T6).

EMPIRICUS - scores (and % increases over T1)

T1 (0 hours): 65, 75, 110, Total=250, Median=75, Max=110

Consumed 1 mg 

T2 (1 hours): 125,  88,  78, Total=291 (16%), Median= 88 (17%), Max=125 (14%), BQ =16%

T3 (2 hours):  80, 150,  95, Total=325 (30%), Median= 95 (27%), Max=150 (36%), BQ = 31%

T4 (3 hours): 125, 112, 145, Total=382 (53%), Median=125 (67%), Max=145 (32%), BQ = 50%

T5 (4 hours): 110, 108, 120, Total=338 (35%), Median=110 (47%), Max=120 (9%), BQ = 30%

Consumed additional 1 mg

T6 (5 hours): Did not test  

T7 (6 hours):  96, 125, 112, total= 333 (33%), Median 112 (49%), Max=125 (14%), BQ = 32%

T8 (10 hours): 120, 98, 94, Total=312 (25%), Median=98 (31%), Max=120 (9%), BQ = 22%

Holding my breath for 2 min 30 secs at 2 hours post c60oo is quite possibly my all time best ever — and I’ve been doing this experiment on and off since I was about 6 years old. I found holding my breath to be more comfortable during T3-T4 phases of this experiment than during most previous attempts to hold my breath.  It just felt easier than usual.   

Unlike Turnbuckle, my longest time isn’t dependably the last of three. 

How much greater were Turnbuckle’s score increases on 3 mg compared to my own score increases on 1 mg?  That's what these percentages show: 

T2 Total (+21%),  Med (+40%), Max (+28%), BQ (+30%)

T3  Total (+20%), Med (+59%), Max (+14%), BQ (+31%)

At T2 and T3, I was taking 1/3 as much c60oo as Turnbuckle. Turnbuckle’s performance gains outpaced mine by a margin of 31% (BQ), but I made up considerable ground at T4.  Comparing our respective performance highs, Turnbuckle’s percentage increase peak measurements at 2 hours (T3) and 5 hours (T6) only exceeded my peak BQ score taken at 3 hours (T4) by 12%.  How to account for having narrowed the gap so much?

Possibly the c60oo I took kicked in later on account of it being mixed with lentils. Another possibility is that 3 hours is the point at which c60oo has maximum effect on breath holding. Perhaps Turnbuckle’s performance gains would have destroyed mine at 3 hours had he tested then.  

Other factors that may have contributed to my top max score at T3 and/or high BQ score at T4:

• Drank 3 cups of coffee with milk between T1 and T3
  • I did 30 minutes of high intensity cardio after T2
  • Ate 3 eggs (mainly yokes) after T3

I think I never got the cumulative bang of 2 mg, possibly because the effects of the first dose were wearing off by the time I took the 2nd dose. And with the 2nd dose, I neglected to do the test at the possibly optimal 3-hour post-dose point.

Probably re-doing this test over several days would provide an indication of the rate of decline of cardio and/or breath-holding benefits.  Onward and upward! 

#848 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:08 PM

I paused for about 1 minute between attempts, breathing normally, taking a deep exhale-inhale before starting.  Measurements are in seconds.

We used a different method, and that likely explains why your results didn't go up within each group of attempts like mine did. I allowed 45 seconds recovery while taking deep breaths at a moderate rate as noted in post #823. So the second and third attempts of each group were definitely more oxygenated than the first one, while yours may be less. I only did it that way because that's how I used to do it in the pool. And the submerged time would continue to go up with even more tries.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Informative x 1

#849 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:48 PM

We used a different method, and that likely explains why your results didn't go up within each group of attempts like mine did. I allowed 45 seconds recovery while taking deep breaths at a moderate rate as noted in post #823. So the second and third attempts of each group were definitely more oxygenated than the first one, while yours may be less. I only did it that way because that's how I used to do it in the pool. And the submerged time would continue to go up with even more tries.

Yes, I saw where you had written that, but I hadn't realized this might be the key to your progressively better times. (I'd assumed times just tend to improve provided one gets sufficient rest, so I did more of a relaxation thing, adding 15 seconds to be sure).  

Anyway, next time I'll give your method a go and see what happens.

#850 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:05 AM

I'm not claiming the paper is correct, only that it may have some bearing. My take is that gluten (or its breakdown products) is seen as a poison which the body is dealing with, but hasn't yet gone into emergency mode. But when C60 ups the production of ATP, that triggers a cascade of processes in motion. It doesn't have anything directly to do with gluten intolerance, it's just a matter of pulling a trigger that's already half-pulled.

Exercise also stimulates ATP production and can trigger allergic reactions, possibly for the same reason.

The Cell Danger Response paper was pretty interesting; I hadn't seen it before.  I don't know what the mechanism might be, but water soluble fullerene compounds have been observed to have immunomodulatory effects, here and here.  Assuming c60oo showed a similar effect, the alteration in the profile of secreted cytokines might change the way a person responded to an antigen like gluten.

• Informative x 1

#851 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:30 AM

Of relevance to breath-holding on c60oo and explaining possible protective effects of c60oo may be this 2009 thread "holding breath for three minutes reduces heart disease":  http://www.longecity...heart-disease/ 

• like x 1

#852 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:25 AM

My Breath Holding Response to Ingesting C60

I have been taking 16 to 22 mg (3 to 4 tbsp) C60-OO per week after experimenting with heavy daily doses earlier this year.  In that experiment, I saturating my body with C60 with daily doses of 45 mg and eventually established that I could tolerate up to 16 to 22 mg C60 per week without side effects.  About 16 mg C60 is the upper bound for a safe dose for me.  While that experiment gave useful information, it did not give other pharmacological information, like how rapidly the effects of C60 decay.  Breath holding measurements should give insight.

The breath holding experiment described here should give the response for how the effects of a single dose of C60 decay over time.  Hopefully, the results will give an indication of whether C60 should be taken daily, twice per week, once per week or less often.

Incidentally, as a teenager my record for breath holding was just over 70 seconds.  Typically I could hold my breath for about 45 seconds.  This summer, after the heavy daily doses of C60 I took earlier in the year, I was surprised to find that I could hold my breath 3 minutes.

Results of my breath holding experiment are shown in the attached table and graph.  In this experiment I had planned to take 16 mg C60 but carelessly took 32 mg.

As careful as I was in trying to make measurements under the same conditions, there was large variability by time of day and day to day.  Furthermore, the control was taken the morning after an overseas flight.  The stress of that flight and jet lag could have contributed to shorten what might otherwise be a steady state reference.

Given the variability the data and the outliers, averaging daily is needed to reduce the noise of these measurements and give hope to making sense of them.   

I will venture to infer that for someone whose body was previously saturated with C60,  the short term influence of ingesting an additional large dose is that

1. since days 1 and 2 are about the same, there is a ceiling to the change C60 can make

2. the effects decay linearly

3. it takes 4 or 5 days for the effects to return to something close to normal.

I can’t explain the apparent bounce between days 5 and 7.  It could just be due to experimental noise.

Another observation is that since I could hold my breath for 184 seconds on day 8 of this experiment compared to 60 seconds or so before I started taking C60, it is likely that the body retains C60 for a long time, perhaps months.

Apologies to all for uploading the data as a jpg file. I couldn't upload a spreadsheet.

Attached Files

• Informative x 3
  • like x 3

#853 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:57 PM

Very informative. If anyone else does this, it would be good to have the same number of trials for each day--especially day zero. And note how you are breathing in the recovery period between tries--if it is normal, moderate, or heavy. This is the most difficult variable to keep consistent.

I'm also intrigued by the comment, "I could tolerate up to 16 to 22 mg C60 per week without side effects." What are the side effects?

• Informative x 1

#854 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:45 PM

1. since days 1 and 2 are about the same, there is a ceiling to the change C60 can make

2. the effects decay linearly

3. it takes 4 or 5 days for the effects to return to something close to normal.

I can’t explain the apparent bounce between days 5 and 7.  It could just be due to experimental noise.

Another observation is that since I could hold my breath for 184 seconds on day 8 of this experiment compared to 60 seconds or so before I started taking C60, it is likely that the body retains C60 for a long time, perhaps months.

It's great that we're getting more data on this.  Good job.  

After my 2 mg dosage day, reported in #847 above, I did daily follow-up tests for a week.  (I'd post those scores now, but I left the data on a computer in another city).

Anyway, for the rest of the week I switched to using the Turnbuckle breathing method.  I didn't notice any real drop-offs in max times. I was going strong even after the 5th day.  Strong as ever, in fact. 

Although my perception of ease-of-endurance-of-exercise tends to decline around Day 4, I didn't see that reflected in breath scores.  

#855 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:20 PM

Very informative. If anyone else does this, it would be good to have the same number of trials for each day--especially day zero. And note how you are breathing in the recovery period between tries--if it is normal, moderate, or heavy. This is the most difficult variable to keep consistent.

I'm also intrigued by the comment, "I could tolerate up to 16 to 22 mg C60 per week without side effects." What are the side effects?

Hi Turnbuckle,

In the post #636 above I reported my experiences from taking 22 mg (4 tbsp) C60 per day for about 2 months.  After about a month the skin on my back and chest became itchy and small patches became rough and inflamed, particularly around my waistband, upper arms and back.  I also experienced muscle fatigue and cold hands and feet.  My eye color changed from hazel to a grayish-green.

After I stopped taking C60, the inflamed, rough areas on my skin quickly receded and disappeared.  My eye color began reverting to normal with the gray disappearing (#643).  I then started taking ≈22 mg (4 tbsp) C60 again, this time once per week.  After the second weekly dose, a few of the previously subdued red areas on my arm became slightly inflamed again.  At the time, I interpreted this dose to be the maximum I should take for maintenance.  Later, in July I felt unusually cool even on hot days, so I backed down my weekly dose to ≈16 mg.

From  Redox-Based Flagging of the Global Network of Oxidative Stress Greatly Promotes Longevity  there is reason to believe that ingesting too much of a powerful ROS scavenger is harmful.  That 2014 study reported an unprecedented 170% lifespan extension in the small worm Aeolosoma viride for specific doses, but at higher doses there was a 50% lifespan reduction.

I speculate that too much C60 could suppress ROS to the point where it effects stem cell maintenance and differentiation and that could be the cause of my rough patches of skin.  Support for the role of ROS in stem cell maintenance and differentiation is given in the following sampling of papers.  Suppression of ROS mediated effect on stem cells could be the reason for the reduced lifespan of the Aeolosoma viride.

Redox homeostasis: the linchpin in stem cell self-renewal and differentiation

Roles of Reactive Oxygen Species in the Fate of Stem Cells

Regulation of reactive oxygen species in stem cells and cancer stem cells

What I know for certain is that at 16 mg per week I do not experience any of the side effects described above, and my maximum breath holding ability is 2 to 3 minutes.  I haven't determined the most effective dose, but from the absence of side effects I do believe that 16 mg per week is close to a maximum dose someone like me, who was previously saturated with C60, should be taking.

#856 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:32 PM

In the post #636 above I reported my experiences from taking 22 mg (4 tbsp) C60 per day for about 2 months.  After about a month the skin on my back and chest became itchy and small patches became rough and inflamed, particularly around my waistband, upper arms and back.  I also experienced muscle fatigue and cold hands and feet.  My eye color changed from hazel to a grayish-green.

What purity was this C60? The impurities are mostly C70, and I had rather negative side-effects from just .14 mg C70 after a few days, though they didn't resemble your symptoms at all.

#857 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:24 PM

What purity was this C60? The impurities are mostly C70, and I had rather negative side-effects from just .14 mg C70 after a few days, though they didn't resemble your symptoms at all.

For about the first 6 weeks I used a product from Vaughter.  After that I made my own using 99.9% pure C60 from SES.

#858 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:25 PM

For about the first 6 weeks I used a product from Vaughter.  After that I made my own using 99.9% pure C60 from SES.

At 99.9% purity, that's only .022 mg C70 per 22 mg dose, whereas I was taking 7 times that much C70, but then I ran into a problem after only a few days and you were taking it much longer. C70 goes to the endoplasmic reticulum rather than the mitochondria, where it might interfere with protein synthesis. C60 might cause your body to run cooler if it closes off the UCP pores (according to one hypothesis). That would reduce the heat generated by mitochondria while increasing ATP production.

• Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1

#859 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:59 PM

I'm back on "the sauce" after a prolonged respite and a bout of pneumonia and C60/OO immediately helped my still not 100% lung capacity.  I just feel more "oxygenated"  for lack of a better word and even after pneumonia three weeks ago can now hold my breath for 2 1/2 minutes.  My C60/OO dose is 2 ml and the source is C60OliveOil.com.

#860 Huckfinn

• 103 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:43 PM

Something puzzles me.
I'm on my third batch of home made c60OO, 99.95% pure, from SES Research.
First time 5gr/liter, first through mortar and pestle, then shacking every day for 2 to 3 weeks.
Second time 1gr/liter, no mortar & pestle, shacking as above.
Third and current: 5gr/liter, no mortar, shacking as usual.
PROBLEM: this time it's got a very very strong metallic taste and gives me quite an unpleasant feeling in the stomach + a sense of nausea.
The VOO is always the same one.

What do you think is the issue?
Thanks!!
  • Off-Topic x 2

#861 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:07 PM

Something puzzles me.
I'm on my third batch of home made c60OO, 99.95% pure, from SES Research.
First time 5gr/liter, first through mortar and pestle, then shacking every day for 2 to 3 weeks.
Second time 1gr/liter, no mortar & pestle, shacking as above.
Third and current: 5gr/liter, no mortar, shacking as usual.
PROBLEM: this time it's got a very very strong metallic taste and gives me quite an unpleasant feeling in the stomach + a sense of nausea.
The VOO is always the same one.

What do you think is the issue?
Thanks!!

Besides your going above 0.9g/l concentation, you are not in the right thread.

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#862 spirilla01

• 52 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:38 PM

Having stopped taking c60OO for 8 months now , I´m considering starting again. My experience with c60OO was a dramatic increase in stamina and energy.  The reason why I stopped was a knee injury due to over exercising. I simply had the feeling, that I could do cardio training at high pace endlessly . After having my second injection of cortisol and recovering well , I feel I´m ready to start taking c60OO again. Another befefit I experienced was sleeping better and overall increase of energy level. 

On a side note, I still have a 100ml bottle of c60OO from carbon60oliveoil.com from last year. Its unopened , stored in a cool and dark place , but question is if its still good enough ?

I plan on taking 33 ml once a month. 

Any advice greatly appreciated  :)

#863 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:38 PM

Having stopped taking c60OO for 8 months now , I´m considering starting again. My experience with c60OO was a dramatic increase in stamina and energy.  The reason why I stopped was a knee injury due to over exercising. I simply had the feeling, that I could do cardio training at high pace endlessly . 

This is called the "the arrogance of C60." You have more muscle stamina and strength, but your tendons aren't any stronger and you injure them.

On a side note, I still have a 100ml bottle of c60OO from carbon60oliveoil.com from last year. Its unopened , stored in a cool and dark place , but question is if its still good enough ?

SES is selling their mix with a three year expiration date. No one knows how long this stuff is good for, but three years is certainly pushing it. Even one year. I mix my own and store it in the freezer where it should last 16 times as long, and only take out what I will use up in a few months.

• Informative x 2
  • Needs references x 1

#864 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:35 PM

Having stopped taking c60OO for 8 months now , I´m considering starting again. My experience with c60OO was a dramatic increase in stamina and energy.  The reason why I stopped was a knee injury due to over exercising. I simply had the feeling, that I could do cardio training at high pace endlessly . After having my second injection of cortisol and recovering well , I feel I´m ready to start taking c60OO again. Another befefit I experienced was sleeping better and overall increase of energy level. 

I plan on taking 33 ml once a month. 

Any advice greatly appreciated  :)

Cissus Quadrangularis: 

http://www.longecity...-healing/page-2

Heteropterys Aphrodisiaca: 

http://www.biomedcen...1472-6882/11/51

Whey Protein/Leucine: 

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23647357

Edited by Logic, 03 November 2015 - 02:56 PM.

• Off-Topic x 2
  • like x 2

#865 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:53 PM

Off topic!??  :)

Do you have any idea how many posts there are about people hurting tendons, ligaments etc due to the increased energy/endurance from C60oo?
The above supps should be added to the Olive Oil along with C60 !  :)

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • like x 2
  • Good Point x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#866 spirilla01

• 52 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:49 PM

Turnbuckle, thanks for the advice, will order a new bottle.

Logic, thanks , for your advice too, all appreciated. 

Edited by spirilla01, 07 November 2015 - 04:50 PM.

#867 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:34 AM

So I've been doing this for a couple of months. 

There doesn't seem to be a consensus on dosage so I went for about 5mg per day that slowly went down to 2mg per day. I didn't notice any particular energy, nootropic or youthful effects, mind you I am on so much

other stuff that its likely my results are not really reliable.

The only effect that I definitely for sure got out of it was that during 5mg per day. I would drink a lot and not suffer any hangover/bad skin/dry throat the day after, this is a huge contrast where a binge night would normal reduce my cognitive abilities significantly for at least a few days afterwards.

I am pretty sure the alcohol thing isn't placebo, because once I tried stopping C60 and did it again, and all the bad stuff came back like the memory loss, the hangover, and so on.

Anti inflammatory wise it seems like the icing on the cake. My skin IS more inflamed if I don't take c60, but the difference is not day and night, but c60 seems to provide a boost to my already extensive antii inflammatory regimen. Somebody did say that I look like a high school kid, so maybe it is having an effect.

Since taking c60 I got off clomid + anastrole, but c60 does not seem to reproduce the youthful feelings that extra hormones clomid creates, however I was always unsure about the safety of being on clomid on the long term since my hair would fall out more even I don't have any hair loss yet (been checking my hairline), clomid does seem to thin my hair.

As for endurance and stuff, not really much improvement on that front. I generally feel and look great, but that's probably because of all the other stuff I am doing anyways, like controlling my blood ph, eating less sugar, taking nootropics like NSI, cutting gluten out, moisturise and have uv cream all the time.

BUT my energy levels are definitely just normal, and not super like you would expect from high energy, high productivity people (which I imagine has something to do with genetics that may be connected to something like mitochondrial count and function), and I definitely do not feel any of my younger energy coming back.

Plus my Asian genetics means that I don't really need to do much apart from moisturise to look young (for now anyways). That said I do generally look older than Asians my age because of my constant skin inflammation.

So I am going to be escalating c60 to 30mg every other day now. Will report how that goes.

I also tried to combine MitoQ with c60, but I found MitoQ to be almost drug like 10mg made me very extroverted - I found myself doing extroverted thing naturally without thinking like making a joke or quipping about something (which I never do), but also destroyed all my inner thoughts (perhaps its restoring some broken mechanism), it also made me more flighty and sensitive. 

MitoQ does not seem to have more effects when the doses increased, however I never really recreated my first MitoQ experience which sent me into an amphetamine type high. It definetely seems to do less and less each time I take it. MitoQ requires more testing really.

Back to C60 - Also interested in applying topically but will only do it at nightt ime as I read that c60 breaks down into reactive oxidants under sunlight which would be really bad for skin. I am really interested in reducing any sort of wrinkles around the eyes.

Edited by Major Legend, 17 November 2015 - 06:50 AM.

• like x 2
  • unsure x 1
  • Informative x 1

#868 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 09:59 PM

I'm on VW and I don't respond to alcohol

Hello Ceridwen, I hope I may ask you a question and hope also you are doing well. In some of the threads you indicate that you fear you may have onset of ALS. Have you seen any postive impact of your C60oo use on this?

Stefan

Edited by stefan_001, 22 November 2015 - 10:00 PM.

#869 HighDesertWizard

• 830 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:56 PM

I'm on VW and I don't respond to alcohol

Hello Ceridwen, I hope I may ask you a question and hope also you are doing well. In some of the threads you indicate that you fear you may have onset of ALS. Have you seen any postive impact of your C60oo use on this?

Stefan

For C60OO to address ALS effectively it must, in one way or another, reduce NF-kB expression... Evidence has been accumulating around this idea. Here's a study pointing this out from 2014. Survival Curves from the study demonstrating effects of significant NF-kB inhibition also appear below.

Microglia induce motor neuron death via the classical NF-κB pathway in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis

qFo28mt.png

Edited by HighDesertWizard, 24 November 2015 - 03:03 PM.

#870 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:36 PM

It brought back my sense of smell. I haven't taken it for a while though
  • Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, cure, solution, remedy, therapy, improvement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users