NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#5911 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:35 PM

Sounds good, I'll be using 60mg for a bit. I'm also using tianeptine sulfate at 25mg which I just started a couple weeks ago.

Tianeptine Sulfate is supposed to be something more like 40 mg per day though - might want to consider upping the dosage at least slightly there. The classic 37.5 mg could be a good target-dosage.

#5912 Hyperflux

• 122 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:00 AM

So I've been using 60-80mg for about a week now, yeah there's side effects that manifest themselves at this dose that aren't present at 40mg. Weird dissociation/anxiety type symptoms and the only positive is vivid bombardment of seemingly random old memories which I usually get the first two weeks when starting an NSI regime. I'll keep using 40mg for another month to conclude a 3 month cycle and then I'll take a break until my next big "bout" of depression.

I don't like tianeptine sulfate at 50 mg, it feels too sedating and there's definite negative effects on body composition. You just look more "soft" if that makes more sense. In fact, I'm not a fan of sulfate at all to be honest and I've used it for 3 months in the past at 50 mg. Sodium used sporadically when needed is much better, but once again I try to avoid that shit because it ruins body composition so I limit it to twice a month or so when I go out.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5913 dojob

• 63 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:30 PM

I'm curious if there are people who quit NSI for some longer time and still have most of the benefits?

I am using it now for 3 months, the longer I take it the less i need to take it seems.

#5914 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:24 PM

Do you continue to retain the benefits of NSI-189 after all these years, Strangelove?

You still dose it daily?

#5915 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 02:29 PM

Do you continue to retain the benefits of NSI-189 after all these years, Strangelove?

You still dose it daily?

Hi jaiho, 

Yes I still have the exact same benefits and I use it almost everyday. NSI-189 does not have any kind of psychological addiction for me (as tranylcypromine for example) I know that if I dose NSI-189 I ll feel better (even in a dopaminergic way) but I only use it when I am out. As I said in the past the social confidence/interest makes socializing better for me. I have read similar from others, but anyone else here that thinks NSI-189 is good in social environments? It can make you a little introverted, but in combination with tianeptine/noopept is the only sustainable pro-social combo I have found. 

#5916 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:55 AM

Can someone please update me: after all these years, what is the most trusted source for NSI?

Has anyone dealt with these guys by any chance?

#5917 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:35 PM

Is there anywhere that states it’s actual affects on neurotransmitters. For example does it increase dopamine and if so in what mechanism? Which D receptors does it target? Does it influence serotonin and if so is it 5ht1, ht2,etc..?

Thanks

#5918 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:30 PM

Is there anywhere that states it’s actual affects on neurotransmitters. For example does it increase dopamine and if so in what mechanism? Which D receptors does it target? Does it influence serotonin and if so is it 5ht1, ht2,etc..?

Thanks

It was discussed and theorized about greatly in another thread:

https://www.longecit...f-action/page-2

There was some simulations done, which showed a few hypotethical affinities, but actual affinity-data from Neuralstem, the people making the drug, showed that these were off.

Either they're lying, or the drug really does have an UNRELATED effect on the brain, from the classical action on NE, DA and 5ht -receptors.

You can see the highest traditional affinities the drug has, down below. They are all very low, and wouldn't have much of an effect - the only one that MIGHT have an effect is the one on Norepinephrine reuptake. The side-effectsprofile is very different from Reboxetine and Atomoxetine though, so the effects on symptoms are probably not related to that.

Does anybody know what the (h) after the target means wenn it comes to the binding affinities?

post-40578-0-97262100-1489402096.jpg

If I was to make a vaguer of a guess, Neuralstem has probably kept testing it for affinities, double-checking the data, and have PROBABLY figured out the way it works by now - they don't want to say what it is just yet though, because they don't want competitors to crop up so quickly - if the drug fails Phase 3 testing, we'll probably find out how it works.

If not, it may be a long, long time until we find it out... h*ll, TYLENOL, aka Paracetamol/Acetaminophen, took us 70 years to figure out! Turns out it's a Selective Cannabinoid Reuptake Inhibitor - the first in its class.

(interestingly enough, Paracetamol is just like THC, derived from a plant - BIRCH to be accurate! So, as such, there's bound to be other plants that probably have Cannabinoid system interaction, perhaps even antagonistic action.)

Edited by Mind_Paralysis, 18 June 2018 - 07:34 PM.

• like x 1

#5919 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:27 PM

Can someone please update me: after all these years, what is the most trusted source for NSI?

Has anyone dealt with these guys by any chance?

Hi tolerant, you would not have guessed it, but after all these years (and that small private group buy ) I am still here :D I only have freebase right now for $20/gram, $80/5 grams with shipping included.

Edited by Strangelove, 18 June 2018 - 08:30 PM.

#5920 snotz14

• 10 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:09 PM

Hi everyone, I've just seen the 2a Endpoints (attachment) and they look very promising. It seems like that nsi-189 has not only an effect on memory but also on executive functioning, working memory and minor effects on attention in people with MDD. Consequently, one might assume that nsi-189 not only exhibits it's neurogenic effects on the hippocampi, but also on cortical structures that are implicated in these cognitive abilities. Under the impression that nsi-189 does not influence any neurotransmitters (or only to a very limited extent) this change in cognitive capability appears to be remarkable.

Due to the fact that working memory and executive functions are impaired in people with adhd/add, could it be a possible treatment for adhd/add? 

Do these endpoints match with your personal subjective experience of nsi-189 ?

Attached Files

Edited by snotz14, 19 June 2018 - 03:11 PM.

• Informative x 1

#5921 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:51 PM

Hi everyone, I've just seen the 2a Endpoints (attachment) and they look very promising. It seems like that nsi-189 has not only an effect on memory but also on executive functioning, working memory and minor effects on attention in people with MDD. Consequently, one might assume that nsi-189 not only exhibits it's neurogenic effects on the hippocampi, but also on cortical structures that are implicated in these cognitive abilities. Under the impression that nsi-189 does not influence any neurotransmitters (or only to a very limited extent) this change in cognitive capability appears to be remarkable.

Due to the fact that working memory and executive functions are impaired in people with adhd/add, could it be a possible treatment for adhd/add? 

Do these endpoints match with your personal subjective experience of nsi-189 ?

Since I could only take a quick glance, it's hard to say how much I'd say the data is accurate for me, personally.

ONE thing that I would agree on, if I'm reading it correctly, is that the lower dosages does indeed give the most BENEFIT! = D On congnition, and so on.

If one looks at the chart, it appears as if lower dose actually gives a much more dramatic increase in memory, for instance.

I'd say NSI-189 has SOME effects on my ADHD and SCT, but it also interferes with drugs that target mono-amine-systems, I would say (and others agree, to some extent - there appears to be dose-related issues here) meaning that it can be a bit of a hindrance anyway.

I would say the benefits in such issues were rather modest for myself.

#5922 Junipersun

• 70 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:24 PM

I've seen different claims about the U-shaped response curve. initially, it was claimed that you get the most benefit (in terms of depression) from 80mg. Then someone posted the charts from the study, which clearly showed that 120mg gave the best results. What's the consensus right now? 

#5923 snotz14

• 10 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:06 PM

Since I could only take a quick glance, it's hard to say how much I'd say the data is accurate for me, personally.

ONE thing that I would agree on, if I'm reading it correctly, is that the lower dosages does indeed give the most BENEFIT! = D On congnition, and so on.

If one looks at the chart, it appears as if lower dose actually gives a much more dramatic increase in memory, for instance.

I'd say NSI-189 has SOME effects on my ADHD and SCT, but it also interferes with drugs that target mono-amine-systems, I would say (and others agree, to some extent - there appears to be dose-related issues here) meaning that it can be a bit of a hindrance anyway.

I would say the benefits in such issues were rather modest for myself.

Thanks for replying. I could imagine that nsi-189 is able to increase tolerance (homeostasis) in substances, which afffect the catecholamine-system through the upregulation of growth factors: https://www.ncbi.nlm...25847-fig-0004/. (like bad neuroplasticity)

Thus, it would diminish the effect of simulants medication on adhd. 

#5924 snotz14

• 10 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:09 PM

I've seen different claims about the U-shaped response curve. initially, it was claimed that you get the most benefit (in terms of depression) from 80mg. Then someone posted the charts from the study, which clearly showed that 120mg gave the best results. What's the consensus right now? 

According to the 2a endpoints the 40mg dose seems to be superior to 80 mg dose in almost all aspects (cognition / MDD).

• Agree x 2

#5925 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:11 PM

What's your guys take on the stage-2 human trial failure? (I may be phrasing that wrong)

#5926 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:28 AM

What's your guys take on the stage-2 human trial failure? (I may be phrasing that wrong)

Inconclusive.

Since I believe the results were reinterpreted (showing an effect, but on a different kind of scale) and they are trying to get a Phase 3 trial going? Or a Phase 2b trial - can't quite recall actually...

But, since it is inconclusive, I DO believe that many should probably not put ALL of their bets on NSI-189, if they are trying to treat depression - it's probably best to only use it as a compliment to another antidepressant, until all trials are done.

We have after all seen quite a few successful combinations in this thread and elsewhere, through the years.

SSRI's and Tianeptine in combo with NSI-189 is probably a good bet, for instance.

That, or keep another antidepressant ON HAND, to swap it out with, if one does not see an improvement within a week or so of starting treatment.

I still feel the drug is promising, and even if it can't be used as mono-therapy, it does appear to be a VERY useful add-on for treatment of depression.

• Agree x 1

#5927 Robinvanpersie

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:54 PM

Has anyone taken mdma while on a NSI-189 cycle? Do you think there is a danger combining these two?

#5928 Bushi84

• 34 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:38 PM

Don't think there is any danger when you take MDMA when on a NSI-189 cycle. Although other people might have more information about it. 

Gotta say that am very happy with the effect of the NSI I've received. The one thing that is sometimes a bit weird is that I can be happy and confident for a few days and than on another day I feel a bit down again. Could it be because I started smoking weed again in the weekend? 

#5929 mupomupo82

• 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:49 PM

Quick questions for you knowledgeable folks:

1. When using NSI and Tianeptine for social anxiety, what dose of Tianeptine do you use? Is that dose different than if Tianeptine were taken solo?

2. Similarly, when using NSI and Noopept, does it make much sense to dose Noopept in excess of 5-6 mg, or is that sufficient?

Thanks so much, in advance, for your thoughtful replies!

#5930 Hyperflux

• 122 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:55 AM

Man the hypomania from discontinuing NSI-189 after using it for ten weeks is so bomb.

#5931 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:31 AM

hi is irc.bio reliable site for NSI?? i know strangelove offers but for bitcoins and im not ready to deal with that bitcoin shit. any clue as to either the website i offered having reliable NSI, or any other site??

#5932 greyfox

• 18 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:03 PM

hi is irc.bio reliable site for NSI?? i know strangelove offers but for bitcoins and im not ready to deal with that bitcoin shit. any clue as to either the website i offered having reliable NSI, or any other site??

IRC.bio is reliable, however they are shutting down very soon for good.

#5933 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:45 PM

oh i didnt know they are shutting down. how is this good? anyway i might try their NSI i suppose

#5934 greyfox

• 18 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:54 PM

oh i didnt know they are shutting down. how is this good? anyway i might try their NSI i suppose

Haha I didn't mean "good" as in it's a positive thing, I meant "good" as in they are closing down permanently.

It is a terrible loss for the Nootropic community to have both Ceretropic and IRC.bio shut down at the same time.

#5935 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 June 2018 - 02:49 PM

Haha I didn't mean "good" as in it's a positive thing, I meant "good" as in they are closing down permanently.

It is a terrible loss for the Nootropic community to have both Ceretropic and IRC.bio shut down at the same time.

Wait, what?? What are you talking about? Ceretropic is shutting down? Can you link me this? Has MisterYouareSoDumb (user-name of the owner of ceretropic on Reddit) commented on this?

#5936 greyfox

• 18 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:54 PM

Wait, what?? What are you talking about? Ceretropic is shutting down? Can you link me this? Has MisterYouareSoDumb (user-name of the owner of ceretropic on Reddit) commented on this?

https://www.reddit.c...8t5ne5/the_end/

https://www.reddit.c..._62218/e0hyl8q/

:( Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Stinkorninjor / Mind_Paralysis .

#5937 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:28 PM

IRC.bio doesnt indicate when exactly they are closing. i dunno if its safe to order from them now cuz i might end up with them closing taking the money. also im confused as to which to order, phosphate or free base form???

#5938 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:40 PM

IRC.bio doesnt indicate when exactly they are closing. i dunno if its safe to order from them now cuz i might end up with them closing taking the money. also im confused as to which to order, phosphate or free base form???

Phosphate.

That's the form that's actually been tested for human consumption - in clinical trials as we speak.

There's also been highly varying reports of efficacy when it comes to Free base - even with sublingual dosing. There appears to be ample reason why free base isn't being used in the trials.

Personally, I also felt Phosphate was tons, tons more effective...

#5939 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 June 2018 - 08:10 PM

thanks mind paralysis. ill try to order from the site today hopefuly it doesnt close by the time my order is processed and then end up losing the money too. how the hell do u contact dead website afterwards? risky...

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5940 DH888

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:51 PM

Hello I'm sorry to ask this since I'm sure it's been asked before. But does anyone know the risks of combining NSI and SSRI'S? Sorry, I couldn't find a way to search the thread. Can I stop taking my SSRI for a day to try nsi, or does that not make sense since it would still be in my system?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users