NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#5941 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 July 2018 - 12:15 AM

first of all, you should know the mechanism of NSI and i do not know it to say anything. if it has SSRI activity then yes, logically you shouldnt mix it with SSRIs but im skeptical that is its main mechanism of action. from what i have read, some people compare it more to ketamine which would make it more of NMDA related mechanism? not even sure since its still research compound and explanations are scarce

• Agree x 1

#5942 2Aleph Naught

• Registrant
  • 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:31 PM

Dig this.. I read the entirety of this thread and decided to take the plunge.

This Friday will be my two week mark on the phosphate version of NSI-189 at 80mg QD.

I'm it to reverse some serious (self diagnosed) brain damage due to heavy dissociative type drugs and a doctor diagnosed form of depression which leaves me anhedonic / emotionless most of the time...

I've been in pursuit a drug like this for a long long time, spending lots of hours doing research through fourms and medical journals and reddit and nootropic dedicated website. I've tried at least 50 different supplements (some legal, some ish).

I'm very happy to say that NSI-189 seems to be working. My memory is getting deeper and my verbal fluency has increased quite a bit (very important to me) as well as my ability to concentrate and be emotionally open with others. And it hasn't even been two weeks yet :)

I signed up for Longecity officially today mostly to make this post and answer questions people might have for me about my experience.

I also found a really neat printout of NSI-189 test results that seem to indicate in more depth that it does indeed cause neurogenesis / brain growth in humans. Hooray science!

Edited by 2Aleph Naught, 03 July 2018 - 11:35 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5943 DH888

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:02 PM

Dig this.. I read the entirety of this thread and decided to take the plunge.

This Friday will be my two week mark on the phosphate version of NSI-189 at 80mg QD.

I'm it to reverse some serious (self diagnosed) brain damage due to heavy dissociative type drugs and a doctor diagnosed form of depression which leaves me anhedonic / emotionless most of the time...

I've been in pursuit a drug like this for a long long time, spending lots of hours doing research through fourms and medical journals and reddit and nootropic dedicated website. I've tried at least 50 different supplements (some legal, some ish).

I'm very happy to say that NSI-189 seems to be working. My memory is getting deeper and my verbal fluency has increased quite a bit (very important to me) as well as my ability to concentrate and be emotionally open with others. And it hasn't even been two weeks yet :)

I signed up for Longecity officially today mostly to make this post and answer questions people might have for me about my experience.

I also found a really neat printout of NSI-189 test results that seem to indicate in more depth that it does indeed cause neurogenesis / brain growth in humans. Hooray science!

How long did it take you to get any results? I've been taking 40mg for the past 3 days and have felt nothing at all. I know it hasn't been long, but just wondering. I suppose the source I got it from could have sent me a dud.

#5944 2Aleph Naught

• Registrant
  • 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:07 PM

I played around with my dosage and schedule so it's hard to say how long. I started day 1 with 5mg to test for allergies of course and this dosage gave me no noticeable results. The next few days I tried 20mg QD (felt no changes). I tried adding another 20mg before bed on around day 5 (40mg total) and I woke up with a headache. At this dosage though, despite the mild pressure headache I did feel a little more social and my concentration seemed improved. For the next day I went with 40mg in the morning and not having the headache I really felt myself starting to shine. So I guess day 6 is when I 'got results' . I read a little more into the studies though and it seemed like 80mg was the ideal dose, or atleast apogee of that negative effects U-shaped curve. I wasn't getting any of the reported increases in anxiety or other uncomfortable side effects so on day 8 I bumped to 80mg QD in the morning. So since the 30th of June I've been doing the 80mg QD and every day I feel things getting very slightly better.

I was lucky to source about an ounce from IRC.Bio before they upped the price again and I plan on continuing with this regime as long as possible.

So far the only negative (ish) effects have been that I'm a little hungrier now (which I can deal with) and a little more aggressive when dealing with selfish relatives (they deserved it  :happy:  ).

On the plus side I'm having old memories bubble up pretty often and my verbal ability is still getting stronger. I think the verbal thing has to do with self-confidence when speaking and maybe mental clarity/paying more attention to words.

PS:

I forgot to mention in my first post the other things I'm currently taking.

They are:

Buspirone (10mg TiD) (anti-anxiety medication)

Wellbutrin 300mg a day (XR version) (depression med)

Thornes Multi-Vitamin Elite

Edited by 2Aleph Naught, 04 July 2018 - 02:16 PM.

#5945 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:36 PM

wellbutrin might be adding to it. its a strong felt med. i ordered from irc bio almost a week ago now, and they wont even send me tracking number. all they do is keep sending me shitty advertisements to which i keep responding "uh yeh thanks, where is my tracking number btw"

#5946 faso_racetam

• Registrant
  • 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:26 PM

WARNING regarding Strangelove.

I have paid 80 euros to Strangelove via amazon gift card. He is now completely ignoring me thinking he can get away with this with a person in poor health.

I paid 80 euros instead of $80 which is more not less than he requested and forgot to fill my address in the gift card. I have sent my addres in the email he provided for amazon gift card. 

He has ignored several private messages and email. Be aware who you are dealing with.

• Disagree x 3

#5947 celticlion76

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 July 2018 - 06:59 AM

Hi, 

Sorry to butt-in,

Strangelove was extremely quick to reply to people until only very recently  He has a really intense job which makes it hard for him to get back to people straight away. Rest assured that he will and you have definitely not been scammed, my friend.  He is a great guy and I am sure he will address any issues you have.

When I had delays in my replies I got a bit worried but he sorted it all out and was so helpful. I know it's a pain when you are desperate but hold in there.

Bw

• Agree x 2

#5948 faso_racetam

• Registrant
  • 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:02 AM

Hi, 

Sorry to butt-in,

Strangelove was extremely quick to reply to people until only very recently  He has a really intense job which makes it hard for him to get back to people straight away. Rest assured that he will and you have definitely not been scammed, my friend.  He is a great guy and I am sure he will address any issues you have.

When I had delays in my replies I got a bit worried but he sorted it all out and was so helpful. I know it's a pain when you are desperate but hold in there.

Bw

Sorry if I have been quick to judge, but I have several health issues playing on my mind besides the one this will try to address and it doesn't give you the best judgement at times. I've seen he'd been on longecity and thought he was avoiding dealing with it. 

• Disagree x 1

#5949 2Aleph Naught

• Registrant
  • 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:04 AM

How long did it take you to get any results? I've been taking 40mg for the past 3 days and have felt nothing at all. I know it hasn't been long, but just wondering. I suppose the source I got it from could have sent me a dud.

Something else to consider is this half-life of this drug being ~20 hours. With a half-life of around 20 hours it takes at least 4 days to reach a steady state in your bloodstream (depending of course on your individual metabolism). So I think 3 days may be too soon to tell if your NSI is doing anything since it hasn't built up to full potential yet. (100% speculation)

Some people here reported effects very quickly and others required weeks / months.

So don't give up hope!

I'd recommend keeping a brief journal / effects diary to track how you're feeling over time. You might not notice things in the moment but looking back daily on your feelings (like at the end of the day) you can get a better picture.

Edited by 2Aleph Naught, 05 July 2018 - 11:50 AM.

#5950 celticlion76

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 July 2018 - 04:26 PM

Sorry if I have been quick to judge, but I have several health issues playing on my mind besides the one this will try to address and it doesn't give you the best judgement at times. I've seen he'd been on longecity and thought he was avoiding dealing with it.

#5951 2Aleph Naught

• Registrant
  • 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:41 AM

Today is day 14 of my NSI trial (day 7 at dose of 80mg QD) so I thought I'd give an update on my progress. :happy:

So far things have really only been good for me in terms of side effects. I have noticed that my overall disposition is brighter in social settings and even when alone. Before starting NSI-189 I would get caught up ruminating about things and my day would spiral out of my control, but for a week now I have been able to notice the ruminating start and cut it off early. Sort of like I'm able to 'think' my way out of sadness / anger, but it's not a conscious thought like "you're about to have an argument with yourself, don't do that...". It's I just feel myself getting upset and remove the thought, like popping a soap bubble. Kinda hard to put into words.

I don't know where to do an objective survey so if anyone can point me to a cambridge brain sciences type platform that'd be really nice.

But I can definitely tell my memory is improving too. I've had instances where really old / forgotten memories bubble up in my mind unprompted, like whole scenes from my childhood showed up in my minds eye that I had totally forgotten about.

I'm also finding it easier to visualize things like when reading I build a portrait of characters in a scene or the space they're acting in. I didn't do this before very often (but of course I am trying to push my abilities since starting NSI).

The hippocampus is responsible for visual / spatial memory so I think it makes sense that the NSI's action on hippocampal neurogenesis is causing these changes for me. It's only been 2 weeks so I'm very excited to see how this develops at the 1 month mark.

I'll try to keep updating my progress in this thread. If there are specifics you guys want to know about, feel free to ask. :)

#5952 2Aleph Naught

• Registrant
  • 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:46 PM

For some reason I can't edit my previous post.. :(

I wanted to add that my dreams have started to become more pronounced too. NSI-189 isn't inducing lucid dreams but I'm having more involved dreams (hard to explain) and remembering them when I wake up.

I think this is another tie-in to hippocampal activity since the hippocampus is the brain structure most responsible for theta waves and so affect REM sleep and dreams.

#5953 DH888

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:41 PM

I'm on day 5 and still no results :(

I'm thinking that I should try another source.

#5954 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:54 AM

I'm on day 5 and still no results :(

I'm thinking that I should try another source.

Give it time. can take a month or more for some people to notice anything

• Agree x 2

#5955 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:27 AM

3 days on it and i dont feel anything. i dont have scale to measure mg, so i just put a bit in a capsule and i assume its somewhere between 100 to 200mg a dose. anyway im also withdrawing from opiates so i guess i dont feel as depressed as i would expect so maybe it normalizes you and its subtle? cant tell

#5956 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2018 - 01:04 AM

3 days on it and i dont feel anything. i dont have scale to measure mg, so i just put a bit in a capsule and i assume its somewhere between 100 to 200mg a dose. anyway im also withdrawing from opiates so i guess i dont feel as depressed as i would expect so maybe it normalizes you and its subtle? cant tell

https://www.amazon.c...m/dp/B00ESHDGOI

#5957 2Aleph Naught

• Registrant
  • 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:23 AM

As lots of others have posted 3 days is too early to tell if NSI is having any affect on you, probably doubly hard to determine with your brain chemistry readjusting to life without opiates. Hang in there and don't give up hope just yet. :)

I'd suggest getting a scale for dosing with too; the one John250 linked isn't that expensive even with shipping.

Having a scale lets you dial in your dose (5mg can make all the difference in side effects) and will keep your dose consistent.

• Agree x 1

#5958 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:22 PM

yeh i might get it for future references but i havent read NSI being toxic in high doses anyway and since i dont feel much i dont think i will need precise estimate of doses till i finish this 1 gram.

#5959 bialas55

• 23 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:39 PM

Is the safe combination of nsi and prl-8-53 ?

#5960 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:43 PM

stopped using it for a while because im assuming its related to severe insomnia as side effect. but that also could be from other things. anyway ill have a break for a bit and see how it goes because honestly i didnt notice much positive

#5961 david28

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:08 AM

Is https://www.intellimeds.net/ a reputable source for NSI-189?

#5962 focus83

• 216 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:29 AM

Yes they are. They've been in business for several years. I have purchased NSI-189 a couple of times from them and found it had the same effects as the NSI-189 from the very first group buy in 2013.

#5963 2Aleph Naught

• Registrant
  • 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:54 AM

I don't have any personal experience with Intellimeds but reading through this thread I've seen lots of people vouching for their NSI's quality.

Personally though I'd go through Strangelove or other reputable Longecity member, because before shipping Intellimeds' NSI works out to $76 a gram.

Does anyone have information on X-Nootropics' NSI-189?

They're another site I'd been considering before I found IRC.Bio. They offer NSI-189 in capsule form for about $45 a gram.

Edited by 2Aleph Naught, 15 July 2018 - 11:56 AM.

#5964 david28

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:45 PM

Do they package the NSI-189 in 20mg capsules?

#5965 focus83

• 216 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:37 PM

Do they package the NSI-189 in 20mg capsules?

Yes.

#5966 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:33 PM

since ive tried it, i say people should not rush into it thinking its some new amazing antidepressant. i would say, try to save money and try ketamine instead

• Good Point x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#5967 2Aleph Naught

• Registrant
  • 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:52 PM

Hazy on July 8th you said that you'd been on NSI for 3 days, so by my count you've only been on it 10 days.

I agree people shouldn't put all their hope in discovering "some new amazing antidepressant" in NSI-189. Given your limited experience with the drug and extenuating circumstances (opiate withdrawal, random dosing, sketchy sourcing) though, I don't think you should be telling people not to try it.

This past Friday marked my 3rd week using NSI-189 and I can feel my depression lifting and emotions returning. I think people should try it and decide for themselves, don't let 1 person ruin what could be a really good thing in your life.

I'll be writing another post at the 1 month mark to go into details, but I definitely note a positive difference from using NSI.

EDIT: Isn't ketamine illegal?

Edited by 2Aleph Naught, 15 July 2018 - 10:54 PM.

#5968 magniloquentc0unt

• 299 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:25 PM

oh dear, i took 3 days 20mg each day and ive already started to experience that type of hysterism coming up like 1.5y ago...

makes me think that nsi isnt for me in the end

#5969 Onemorestep

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:00 PM

Hello fellow nsians,

So I started a run with nsi at 20mg per day x2 daily about three days ago. Last night, when leaving a friends house, I was overcome with the urge to jog back to my house. I remember thinking, “wow my body doesn’t hurt for once and I’m enjoying this”. About an hour later, I started to feel tingling on the soles of my feet.

This has persisted since then :( I was hoping that maybe it was just that I hadn’t exercised in a very long time. Or that it was on pavement. But I’m worried now that this might be the dreaded neuropathy symptom.

Nsi has given me back parts of my life I had forgotten were missing. I don’t know if I can go back to what it was like before...

Has anyone else here experienced tingling sensations at the beginning of treatment? Did they go away? Or do they worsen. Should I decrease my dose? I haven’t taken any today.

I appreciate any help you can lend this battered soul :(

Edit: I’m actually in tears right now. This has been the only thing to help me in so many years

Edited by Onemorestep, 19 July 2018 - 11:17 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5970 Onemorestep

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:04 AM

Also, for the sake of discussion—- has anyone noticed how many of the side effects for this drug match symptoms for methylation protocols over on Phoenix Rising? Freddd has some interesting thoughts on nerve pain and b12.

Could the tingling and numbness be caused by a vitamin deficiency? I mean if nsi help repair systems, create new cells in the brain, etc etc this should start using up a lot of b vitamins and minerals.
  • Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)