* * * * * 9 votes

Anyone tried cannabidiol (CBD)?

cannabidiol cannabis cbd cb2

• Please log in to reply
409 replies to this topic

#181 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:42 PM

The alkylamides in echinacea to my recall were though of high binding affinity, of exceptionally low efficacy, as to the profile at CB2R.  As well as to the same as to efficacy for those assayed as active at CB1R.

I am not certain if it was within that study or otherwise, but there exists a study of a very strong overview of many alkylamides efficacy, within to my recall all were exceptionally weak partial agonists and inverse agonists.

The near eidetic memory is seeing that picture - though not every picture is always 100% accurate, as storage is relatively saturated ;)

Anyway, the study exists in the literature for those so interested.

#182 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:42 PM

Echinacea too

Alkylamides from Echinacea are a new class of cannabinomimetics. Cannabinoid type 2 receptor-dependent and -independent immunomodulatory effects.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16547349

I've deffinetly felt it from echinacea but its extremely short lived (short half life)..

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#183 nootz

• 9 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:26 AM

Plasticperson, how would you describe the effects of the copaiba oil or is it something that works in the backround, and what is the dosage?

Edited by nootz, 30 September 2014 - 01:30 AM.

#184 tepol

• 100 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:35 PM

I dont trust medivape.

And now i dont trust Dixie at all.

Im definately not buying anything from Dixie at the prices they are selling them for.

But i may try Medivape,

If anyone else can report back with any experiences using Medivape's Products??

Thanks

Tamar Wise, the former head of science for Dixie Botanicals, has called out the entire cannabidiol products industry as well as her former employer.

In a post on her Facebook page, Wise said CBD-based products are made from “crude and dirty hemp paste” that is contaminated with microbial life, residual solvents and other toxins. The post is no longer on her page.

“I’m tired of so called CBD companies claiming that what they provide is medicine. Anyone using a CBD from hemp product please be aware of what you’re actually getting b/c it is not what you think,” Wise wrote on her Facebook page. The message was quickly copied and re-posted on several other social media pages of those with an interest in the marijuana industry.

“What these companies are doing is criminal and dangerous…and since I formulated most of these products as head of Dixie science, I feel responsible for spreading the truth.”

In an email, Wise confirmed she wrote the post but declined further comment.

Dixie Elixirs reacted to Wise’s comments with a Facebook post of its own, saying it makes “safe, lab-tested, effective CBD health and wellness products.”

“We are saddened that Ms. Wise has opted to now make slanderous allegations against Dixie Botanicals so long after her departure when none of these concerns ever came up during her term at Dixie,” the post said. “The company abides by strict confidentiality agreements designed to protect the privacy of the company, our employees and our customers. As a result we will not comment on this further and hope Ms. Wise honors these same agreements.”

The comments represent a 180 for Wise, who had previously spoken positively about CBD-based products publicly, and wrote a column for Marijuana Business Daily in 2012 discussing the science behind Dixie’s CBD extraction process.

http://forums.phoeni...ow.27487/page-3

#185 KieranA001

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:47 PM

Well I have just tried Medivape's new tincture and it's actually the best I've tried so far. It doesn't produce any of the negative symptoms at all, I like it a lot. It increases my mood a lot and makes me feel happy and gives me a positive overview on life, everything feels more meaningful.

I have recently tried Cibdex CBD tincture and it made me very ill. I went to hospital because I felt dissociated from everything and my blood pressure was above normal. I also had a massive tingling dull headache with bad lightheadedness. Medivape's tincture doesn't cause me any of this and it actually works straight to the point, and tastes nice!

Edited by KieranA001, 30 September 2014 - 12:49 PM.

#186 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:51 PM

Its impossible to prove this claims.

The motive could be either to harm the former employer because of a fight or something

or shes telling the truth.

@ Kieran

To not feeling any bad from Medivape means not to be 100% ok

e.g. think of accumulating effects of poisions.

Just saying. Dont want to raise paranoia.

Edited by Flex, 30 September 2014 - 12:55 PM.

#187 tepol

• 100 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:02 PM

Well I have just tried Medivape's new tincture and it's actually the best I've tried so far. It doesn't produce any of the negative symptoms at all, I like it a lot. It increases my mood a lot and makes me feel happy and gives me a positive overview on life, everything feels more meaningful.

I have recently tried Cibdex CBD tincture and it made me very ill. I went to hospital because I felt dissociated from everything and my blood pressure was above normal. I also had a massive tingling dull headache with bad lightheadedness. Medivape's tincture doesn't cause me any of this and it actually works straight to the point, and tastes nice!

Server Error 404

www.medivape.org/

or there's this  which doesn't sell it

Edited by tepol, 30 September 2014 - 01:04 PM.

#188 tepol

• 100 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:09 PM

The motive could be either to harm the former employer because of a fight or something

@ Kieran

true , but it does leave a ?

#189 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:48 PM

For those with research intents, this was noted to be back in stock in about 2 weeks, and demonstrates potent and efficacious CB2R related activity:

http://teamtlr.com/s...=snrb&results=2

Anyway, pre-order discount as so noted for those so inclined.

#190 KieranA001

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:49 PM

Server Error 404

www.medivape.org/

or there's this  which doesn't sell it

mvape.co.uk

It's sold there. :-)

#191 KieranA001

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:53 PM

@ Kieran

Really? I would have thought it's the other way round. If I was feeling bad from using medivape's tincture, then I wouldn't be 100% okay.

I have 100% faith in Medivape. Cibdex is rubbish though, plus it's a big rip-off! ;)

#192 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:04 PM

I had this discussion a few times.

Look You cant feel the pesticides or heavy metals, if they arent too high but high enough to harm You over a few months/weeks.

Again, You cant allways notice if Your are harming Your Brain.

This is the accumulating effect what I´m talking about.

Workers who weld but dont air the smoke, do loose striatral neurons over the Years.

This because of the magnesium which accumulates in the brain.

Guess what ?

They get only then Parkinson symptoms, when the cell count is below 30%

Untill then, they are " Healthy" and feel fine..

And there are several other examples e.g. with polluted Chinese herbs and so on....

Edited by Flex, 30 September 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#193 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:16 PM

Plasticperson, how would you describe the effects of the copaiba oil or is it something that works in the backround, and what is the dosage?

It's a lot like cbd oil maybe slightly different but they're both give very similar effects and all you need is a couple drops of copaiba oil.. might as well give it out a a try for like 12 dollars on amazon 

#194 BarrelBoy

• 43 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:36 PM

So has any member here ever actually taken a study-proven dose of 60-600mg of lab tested CBD? If so can you point out where you obtained it and which lab tested it? 

For those so inclined I just received an email from BioScience Nutraceuticals announcing a new product: Elixinol's 1800mg CBD Hemp Oil, for a relatively prohibitive cost of $495.

http://biosciencenut...&product_id=253

http://www.elixinol.com

From briefly scanning Elixinol's literature I couldn't verify which lab tested it but the trademarks/website/extraction process all seem legit. If anyone has the inclination and money to try this at study doses (60-600mg) I'm sure many people would be extraordinarily grateful for your anecdotal reports. I've yet to hear someone's report on a legitimate CBD product at such doses (and even then, they could just be some company shill) but I've smoked lab tested CBD plant material to great affect and have faith in the studies and so on so my hopes remain... high.  

Edited by brokenyoga, 10 October 2014 - 09:41 PM.

#195 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:17 AM

Yeah the price is the problem.

If You look at the one study where CBD was compared with Amisulpride for Negative Symptoms, You notice the dosage of 800mg per day !

The Vendor You´ve mentioned is expensiver than YoungSchizo´s suggestion by ca. 300mg

#196 tjcbs

• 155 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:00 AM

Anyone have any expereince with this stuff?

http://www.alchimiaw...roduct-4052.php

Supposedly high-cbd hemp. No info on how high "high" is, or whether it is smokable or not. 

• like x 1

#197 tjcbs

• 155 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:25 AM

On another note, I can't BELIEVE the prices that are being charged for CBD extracts, it is beyond absurd!! I would have thought that the "magic of the market" would have taken care of that by now, but it is almost 2015 and prices are still stupidly high. WTF

• Agree x 2
  • like x 1

#198 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:21 PM

On another note, I can't BELIEVE the prices that are being charged for CBD extracts, it is beyond absurd!! I would have thought that the "magic of the market" would have taken care of that by now, but it is almost 2015 and prices are still stupidly high. WTF

Thx, nice link to that shop !

Unfortunaetly  they didnt state the approx. CBD content

Somebody could get almost the idea of: buy the flowers - extract it on Your own - sell it and dump the market -

Btw does anybody know an EU based vendor who sells Rimonabant

like https://www.geopepti...0mg-per-ml.html ?

Sry for beeing off-topic its out of desperation. Because I live in Germany, its nearly impossible to order anything outside the EU

Edited by Flex, 22 October 2014 - 12:23 PM.

#199 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:00 PM

What are the very best pricing points for quality standardized CBD oil, for quantities such as 1g, 5g, and 'bulk' such as 10-20g or more (basis as to per gram CBD content for oils or related)?

Are they from an organic source?

Are there people enough interested here to get a strong group buy or something of that fashion within purchasing at a more reasonable pricing such as $60-90/gram CBD (basis) for high content quality CBD hemp oil?

Edited by VERITAS INCORRUPTUS, 22 October 2014 - 04:01 PM.

• like x 1

#200 tjcbs

• 155 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:23 AM

Somebody could get almost the idea of: buy the flowers - extract it on Your own - sell it and dump the market -

I know, it seems like a huge opportunity!

Why?? Are you very, very fat? Not something I would think someone posting on a mental health board would want, as it is supposed to induce horrific depression. 

• Agree x 1

#201 tjcbs

• 155 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:47 AM

Definitely worth a read before you plunk down 100+ on bullshit overpriced cbd products: 

http://www.projectcb...s-Kannaway.pdf\

#202 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:16 PM

Page doesn't exist..

#203 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:14 PM

like https://www.geopepti...0mg-per-ml.html ?

Sry for beeing off-topic its out of desperation. Because I live in Germany, its nearly impossible to order anything outside the EU

Manufacture of Rimonabant is illegal in India, which eliminates most readily available sources.  China, don't know, but I haven't seen any offered there.

Rimonabant is a CB1 blocker.  Cannabidiol is a mild CB1 blocker, but it also agonizes CB2.  Rimonabant does not AFAIK affect CB2.  I  suspect cannabidiol would be a better choice depending on your desired effect.

Besides weight loss, Rimonabant was also used for smoking cessation, reducing dependence on addictive drugs like cocaine, and enhancement of short-term memory.   

#204 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:03 PM

Thanks for the Answers.

Rimonabant seems to be still sold according to my link and Team tlr, so its comming from somewhere.

But in regards of the quality.. well dunno.

Cant be worser than the anabolic stuff lol

The reason behind is simply to strenghten the weakened connections, caused by adolescent Cannabis abuse.

I can withstand Depressions to some degree therefore I dont bother about that fact.

The  difference between GPR55 antagonsim and CB1 antagonsim is the Glutamate, Acetlycholine and Gaba release.

With Topimarate which is a Nmda enhancer (so to speak), relative weak Gaba degradation inhibitor

and greater antagonist for kainate than Ampa, I´ve noticed a slight better affect i.e. beeing able to laugh more like other people and some other minor changes.

Thats basically why I´m looking for CB1 antagonists. I´m aware that my past isnt fully reversible, but why not just trying it.

GPR55 is still interresting for me since THC is an agonist of that, but not that important like CB1

Btw DHA seems to affect cb1, but somehow not strong enough for me to test it daily & etc.

DHA prevents altered 5-HT1(A), 5-HT2(A), CB1 and GABA(A) receptor binding densities in the brain of male rats fed a high-saturated-fat diet.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23337348

Edited by Flex, 23 October 2014 - 06:21 PM.

#205 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:48 PM

^

No way high dose DHA is going to do much of anything in that regard for anyone, though not saying some EPA/DHA is a bad thing, as for many it could be a good health staple of course.

But anyway, just to clarify as to that...

#206 tjcbs

• 155 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:17 PM

Page doesn't exist..

Sorry

http://www.projectcb...ds-Kannaway.pdf

Edited by tjcbs, 23 October 2014 - 09:18 PM.

• like x 1

#207 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:58 PM

Page doesn't exist..

Sorry

http://www.projectcb...ds-Kannaway.pdf

Thanks!

I did a quick scroll down to Pipeline and read a bit.. So, right now they're still fighting over the price due to regulations/patents/market but in the very near future we all will be able to obtain very high quality CBD for a cheap price. Well, at least, that's what I'm making of the little bit of what I read.. (Don't be pissed if I'm wrong though :sleep: )

#208 tjcbs

• 155 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:08 AM

Hmm, I think optimism colored your reading just a bit!

I read the whole thing. The focus is on the fact that the burgeoning medical hemp industry is currently dominated by some very shady companies and characters, some of whom are outright criminal. Really all of these companies are under the umbrella of one company, Medical Marijuana Inc, which goes a long way towards explaining the ludicrous prices. CBD's current legality is tenuous at best, which drives out the more scrupulous players and puts upward pressure on the price. And, it said that extraction from hemp leaves and flowers is definitely illegal, which means that these companies are probably breaking the law . Or, they are extracting from the fiber, which is both extremely expensive and makes it likely that the final product is contaminated, since hemp is a bioremediator, which means it accumulates heavy metals and other toxins. 

The root cause of this shit, I think, is that CBD is still a schedule 1 drug, and hemp is still illegal at the federal level, which makes more legitimate companies unwilling to invest in this. I *hope* this will change in the very near future.

Edited by tjcbs, 24 October 2014 - 01:10 AM.

#209 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:40 PM

^

No way high dose DHA is going to do much of anything in that regard for anyone, though not saying some EPA/DHA is a bad thing, as for many it could be a good health staple of course.

But anyway, just to clarify as to that...

Just hoped and thought that DHA has significant effect in those terms.

Thanks for clarification

Edited by Flex, 24 October 2014 - 06:43 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#210 Gadget Savvy

• 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:59 AM

One of my best friends had a hard time dealing with his epileptic seizures until his heard about the miracle of cbd oil. Read more information about Cbd oil and watch a beautiful video on: http://miraclesmokereview.weebly.com/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannabidiol, cannabis, cbd, cb2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users