Anyone tried cannabidiol (CBD)?

cannabidiol cannabis cbd cb2

• Please log in to reply
409 replies to this topic

#121 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

Certainly interested in further reports as this seems to offer some promise.

With consideration to high dosing protocols one should take into consideration it is an inverse agonist at CB2 and the potential negative effects on immunomodulation and as well gastrointestinal health. Just a head's up to pay heed to ;)

I've scoped around for some Medical quality CBD but it seems that all the vendors are selling cheaply processed oil. I would want to try this out with the right quality and pricing in mind of course. Do you guy's know of any good suppliers?
  • like x 1

#122 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:14 AM

Certainly interested in further reports as this seems to offer some promise.

With consideration to high dosing protocols one should take into consideration it is an inverse agonist at CB2 and the potential negative effects on immunomodulation and as well gastrointestinal health. Just a head's up to pay heed to ;)

I've scoped around for some Medical quality CBD but it seems that all the vendors are selling cheaply processed oil. I would want to try this out with the right quality and pricing in mind of course. Do you guy's know of any good suppliers?

After reading this article!

http://www.medicalja...sive-disorder/#

The researchers then administered two levels (30mg/kg or 15mg/kg) of cannabidiol (CBD) and evaluated the obsessive-compulsive activity in each rat. Interestingly, even a low dose of CBD decreased the marble-burying behavior without a change in the rats’ overall activity level.

An average person would need 2000mg/day of CBD! Yikes, that's a lot of CBD.

I found CanChew but a monthly supply of CBD with 10mg/day goes for 125$.

Please keep me informed if you find anything.

Edited by Brainfogged, 02 April 2014 - 01:22 AM.

• Ill informed x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#123 celebes

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:08 AM

The researchers then administered two levels (30mg/kg or 15mg/kg) of cannabidiol (CBD) and evaluated the obsessive-compulsive activity in each rat. Interestingly, even a low dose of CBD decreased the marble-burying behavior without a change in the rats’ overall activity level.

An average person would need 2000mg/day of CBD! Yikes, that's a lot of CBD.

HED there is roughly 150-350 mg for an average male.

Anyway, the only economical route right now is dispensary cannabis. Epidiolex should be coming out in the next few years and then you'll be able to get pure CBD with a prescription/maybe insurance in most Western countries.

Edited by celebes, 02 April 2014 - 04:15 AM.

#124 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

^ I was under the impression Epi was only to be approved for (severe childhood) epilepsy?

As well interestingly... :|o :|? :mellow:

The drug, called Epidiolex, is a purified cannabinoid that comes in a liquid form containing no tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychotropic component in cannabis. Produced by the biopharmaceutical company GW Pharmaceuticals, Epidiolex is considered a schedule 1 substance by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and is closely monitored and restricted by both the FDA and U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency.

Edited by VERITAS INCORRUPTUS, 02 April 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#125 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

Anyway, the only economical route right now is dispensary cannabis. Epidiolex should be coming out in the next few years and then you'll be able to get pure CBD with a prescription/maybe insurance in most Western countries.

Really? Has anyone inquired a quotation for custom synthesis of CBD? I'd imagine that to be affordable.

#126 celebes

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:57 AM

There's no such thing as a medicine only being approved for a certain condition. A doctor can prescribe any approved medicine in any case where it might be of benefit. Getting it covered by insurance is more doubtful.

I'm not sure how willing an American or Chinese lab would be to synthesize or ship even a partially controlled substance. Especially to what presumably would be a front company. In Europe I've seen it listed around £500/100mg. Way, way more expensive than weed.

Edited by celebes, 03 April 2014 - 01:57 AM.

• dislike x 1

#127 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:40 AM

^^^^
I gather you did not get the intended message of what I noted...

I never noted a doctor could not prescribe for conditions other than that which a pharmaceutical is approved for; simply that such was approved for a condition outside the scope of what most have any interest for. I also noted it appears to be slated for some unknown reason as a Schedule I (being the excerpt as well specifically denotes a 'no THC' content). The combination of such a limited scope approval and a Schedule I status would make for the pharmaceutical to be extraordinarily unlikely to be prescribed for any 'off-label' condition, unless severe.

I believe it is Schedule I as it likely must contain low amounts of THC (not no THC, as so stated in the excerpt above quoted) , but not so low as to fall under guidelines in place to designate other such a Cannabis product as such other than as per the Schedule I status of Cannabis/marijuana; which is of course ridiculous, especially within as Schedule I intrinsically designates no medicinal value to the drug. This though is obviously the contradictory case for several Schedule I substances/drugs; but that is what you get with a twisted, backwards policy in general.

#128 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:05 AM

There is a little trick to get CBD without THC, if You have a Vaporizer.

CBD gets vaporized by a lower degree than THC. So, tuning the Vaporizer to that lower degree would vaporize CBD and some other in contrast to THC.

The Melting or Vaping points are:
THC 200 C
CBD 190 C
CBN 185 C"

regarding to
http://fuckcombustio...e-cbd-cbn.4213/

The most CBD is contained in Indica Strains.
But however the Harvest time does also influence the content,
Afaik the older, the more CBD

Edited by Flex, 03 April 2014 - 03:06 AM.

#129 celebes

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:33 AM

^^^^
I gather you did not get the intended message of what I noted...

I never noted a doctor could not prescribe for conditions other than that which a pharmaceutical is approved for; simply that such was approved for a condition outside the scope of what most have any interest for. I also noted it appears to be slated for some unknown reason as a Schedule I (being the excerpt as well specifically denotes a 'no THC' content). The combination of such a limited scope approval and a Schedule I status would make for the pharmaceutical to be extraordinarily unlikely to be prescribed for any 'off-label' condition, unless severe.

I believe it is Schedule I as it likely must contain low amounts of THC (not no THC, as so stated in the excerpt above quoted) , but not so low as to fall under guidelines in place to designate other such a Cannabis product as such other than as per the Schedule I status of Cannabis/marijuana; which is of course ridiculous, especially within as Schedule I intrinsically designates no medicinal value to the drug. This though is obviously the contradictory case for several Schedule I substances/drugs; but that is what you get with a twisted, backwards policy in general.

I understood perfectly well what you intended. However, as the United States is not the only country in the Western world, its almost unique political stance towards cannabis doesn't make it "extraordinarily unlikely for CBD to be prescribed off-label" anywhere else. What's more, with almost half of states allowing medical use almost half of Americans would have to be silly to pay the pharmaceutical premium.

Downvoting me like that for no good reason is frankly offensive.

Edited by celebes, 03 April 2014 - 05:59 AM.

#130 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:44 AM

CBD gets vaporized by a lower degree than THC. So, tuning the Vaporizer to that lower degree would vaporize CBD and some other in contrast to THC.

The Melting or Vaping points are:
THC 200 C
CBD 190 C
CBN 185 C"

regarding to
http://fuckcombustio...e-cbd-cbn.4213/

That's very interesting, and goes contrary to much of what i've read regarding the vaping temperature of mj components.
however, i am not so sure that it is correct.
the list a few posts above that one corresponds with the boiling points listed on wikipedia and elsewhere: http://fuckcombustio...13/#post-173179

Edited by Adaptogen, 03 April 2014 - 08:45 AM.

#131 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:43 AM

Yeah I´m not sure as well.

For instance I heard that the Temparature differences for Vaping are ca. 69 Celsius for CBD and ca.70 Celsius for THC (!?).

I never examined a Vaporizer from close to, so therefore I dont know whethever those values are correct.

Btw; CBD is, curiously, in Germany NOT a controlled substance

#132 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

My apologies celebes...I took it as somewhat derogatory to what I noted, and I should not have...
I'll also cop to being a bit America-centric in my outlook toward things (mostly within the hypocrisy, et al. that exists here).

Being the main concern was far more so in relation to cost and not access from what has been implied herein, I simply view what I said as highly relevant to the issue of cost. I would very much say insurance would not cover for "off-label" prescriptions of what is as well now being deemed a Schedule I pharmaceutical. Paying full price for a pharmaceutical is certainly unlikely to be less costly than where the general market pricing will be once this pharmaceutical is commercially available.

#133 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:15 PM

I'm not sure how willing an American or Chinese lab would be to synthesize or ship even a partially controlled substance. Especially to what presumably would be a front company. In Europe I've seen it listed around £500/100mg. Way, way more expensive than weed.

Perhaps they'd be more comfortable shipping it to the Netherlands. I'm not sure what you mean by partially controlled.. As far as I know, there are no restrictions on CBD. Yes, those prices are likely from companies like Sigma Aaldrich who have ridiculous pricing. I wouldn't be surprised if ordering a kg was quite affordable.

#134 celebes

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

In many parts of the world all cannabinoids are controlled. And my understanding is that international shipping comes under UNODC regulations and needs to be explicitly approved by both countries' narcotics or medicine agencies bilaterally.

Sigma has it at twice the price above. I don't think you'll be able to find somewhere in the EU that is orders of magnitude cheaper.

Edited by celebes, 03 April 2014 - 05:12 PM.

#135 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

In many parts of the world all cannabinoids are controlled. And my understanding is that international shipping comes under UNODC regulations and needs to be explicitly approved by both countries' narcotics or medicine agencies bilaterally.

Sigma has it at twice the price above. I don't think you'll be able to find somewhere in the EU that is orders of magnitude cheaper.

For me its still too expensive.
Consider, a study where Amisulpride and CBD were compared for Negative Symptoms, took 400mg/day for CBD !
So, even at half or a quarter of 500 pounds, It would be a way too expensive for a single dose.

Edit:

This is EU based Seller is a bit cheaper
https://biochem.thc-...&products_id=39

Edited by Flex, 03 April 2014 - 05:41 PM.

• like x 1

#136 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

I believe its far cheaper to get it extracted than synthesized.

And this isnt too compicated in terms of crossing the Law or something, since Industrial Hemp contains CBD, and even Flax ( afaik ca.2%?)
cuz they are just look after to eliminate the THC content, But not every Industrial Hemp contains CBD and the ammount does vary between the strains.
(found two promising Italian Strains)
So, Industrial Hemp is even cultivated in Germany. However I´m not able to find a company which does extract CBD from Industrial Hemp and in addition for a good price as well.

If someone has a suggestion, I would be thankful.

Edited by Flex, 03 April 2014 - 06:02 PM.

#137 celebes

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

Good find. Still around €200-400 a month for a low end active dose.

Edited by celebes, 03 April 2014 - 07:09 PM.

#138 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:38 AM

Here again for all who wants to know where to buy it:
http://www.hanf-schn...er__Hanfblueten

(Just look at the bottom of the page)

Regarding some german forums, the CBD content variies from 1-5%, but with arround 1-2% ,from what I´ve found, it seems likely to be moderate.

The Strains what I´ve found are: Felina, Fedora, Futura, Kompolti, and Uniko-B
Komplotti Hybrid TC seems not to be approved

See the THC/CBD Ratio on Pic 1
http://www.inaro.de/...pf/Hanf/THC.HTM

Edited by Flex, 04 April 2014 - 05:43 AM.

#139 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

Has anybody an Idea how to cheap measure the CBD content in those products ?

Edited by Flex, 04 April 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#140 hullcrush

• 83 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

American companies will only transfer CBD synthesis to another DEA-approved lab.

India and Chinese manufacturers won't touch the stuff, at least any cGMP lab I know. The governments there are intensely opposed to cannabis derivatives.

In short, any English-speaking laboratory will not do a kg synthesis of CBD, Aldrich must be synthesizing it in-house in a satellite lab and reselling it to Cayman. Usually they just buy the APIs from Asia and QC them here.

I know a total synthetic route exists but I'm unable to get anyone to do it at any price point.

• like x 1

#141 bernax

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

cbd is not psychoactive

• dislike x 1

#142 celebes

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

CBD is not psychotropic. Anything that reduces anxiety is by definition psychoactive.

Edited by celebes, 29 April 2014 - 06:37 PM.

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#143 bernax

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

CBD is not psychotropic. Anything that reduces anxiety is by definition psychoactivet

that whas the word is was looking for :P

Edited by bernax, 29 April 2014 - 06:45 PM.

#144 mrnootropic

• 180 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:09 AM

I dont trust medivape.

And now i dont trust Dixie at all.

Im definately not buying anything from Dixie at the prices they are selling them for.

But i may try Medivape,

If anyone else can report back with any experiences using Medivape's Products??

Thanks

Edited by Mr.Nootropic, 26 May 2014 - 11:09 AM.

#145 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

Thank You very much for the hint for that shop.

I´ve read that the flask contains 5mg per 1ml CBD.

But I´m not sure whether its enough for Depression, Anxiety and Negative Symptoms.

I´ve just seen that study where the participants ingested arround 400mg (?) CBD a Day.

Compared to the 600mg Amisulpride

So therefore it still looks expensive based on that daily ammount.

altough the bioavailability for ingestion is afaik 20-50%

and for somking 90% but I dont know if this is sufficient.

#146 Al Capacino

• 120 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:56 PM

I've used Medivape's CBD.  Infact just had some today!  Its okay.  I suffer depression/anxiety and fibromyalgia.  Have done for nearly 10 years.  I can concur that only 2ml of Medivapes CBD takes away my aches and pains to as good an extent if not better than any anti-depressant/Seroquel/lyrica or codeine.  It reduces the racing heart feeling in the chest.  Doesn't necessarily reduce psychological anxiety though.  Mainly the physical symptoms.

The downside?  The effects only last a couple of hours.  I would say 2-4 hours maximum. 

I haven't noticed a great effect from it on my depression or mood.  Maybe too low a dose for that.  It has no effect on motivation for me.  I could easily just sit and vegetate on it!

All in all its too expensive for me for long term use considering its effects don't last and don't do enough for my mood/motivation.  But I am happy I tried it. 

• like x 1

#147 cbdbro

• Validating/Suspended
  • 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:46 PM

Thank you for all the positive comments folks Medivape is evolving, we started this whole idea to make CBD available to all and at a price affordable to everyone and that is why we are shutting down Medivape and re-launching as mvape.co.uk (please check the address in a few weeks time and it will be active) our current tincture will be 50% the original cost and within 2 months we will have 10-15% CBD tincture available at 30ml for £25 or thereabouts which will last for 1 month as the dosage will be sufficient at 0.5ml twice a day. We are getting a massive amount of positive feedback at the moment and especially from sufferers of many types of epilepsy - 1ml has been reported to stop a hospital worthy seizure in 30 seconds. While it is clear we have achieved a decent level of CBD currently it is not effective enough for sufferers of anxiety but that will change with the stronger tincture. We are committed to getting this incredible compound out there and fast - nature has a cure for us we no longer need big pharma.

Many customers will also be pleased to know we will never run out of stock with mvape and all packages will be guaranteed to arrive within 3 working days but typically they will arrive the next day if ordered before 12. Thank you for sticking by us those of you who have, we will not let you down :)

• like x 3

#148 mrnootropic

• 180 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

Thank you for all the positive comments folks Medivape is evolving,

While it is clear we have achieved a decent level of CBD currently it is not effective enough for sufferers of anxiety but that will change with the stronger tincture. We are committed to getting this incredible compound out there and fast - nature has a cure for us we no longer need big pharma.

Many customers will also be pleased to know we will never run out of stock with mvape and all packages will be guaranteed to arrive within 3 working days but typically they will arrive the next day if ordered before 12. Thank you for sticking by us those of you who have, we will not let you down :)

Im skeptical, because big companies with massive promotion in the USA have been accused of terrible methods for producing & manufacturing their hemp cbd oil ..

What method do you use to get the CBD & do you have a license to do this ??

It sounds too good to be true, is what im trying to say..  I could just be buying a bottle of Glycerin with Zero CBD in, it could all be a placebo effect.

Edited by Mr.Nootropic, 27 May 2014 - 05:28 PM.

#149 cbdbro

• Validating/Suspended
  • 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:09 PM

The whys and where-fors are not for discussion on a public message board unlike many companies selling CBD we actually have proof from a HPLC test as will the next more concentrated tincture. Our next site will have many many personal comments regarding our tinctures, there is no placebo effect here. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#150 mrnootropic

• 180 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:33 PM

It looks like im the only one whos skeptical.

Whenever your new website is up & running, send me the link or post it in here.

Im interested to try CBD, but it seems to be Hit & Miss, like most other supplements.

I may give your CBD a try, however.....

'' Our next site will have many many personal comments regarding our tinctures, there is no placebo effect here. ''

Well, id rather have facts and evidence of how you produce your CBD products, rather than comments.

Forgive me for being like this, its nothing personal. But i dont trust random companies selling something that's still in a Legal Grey Area.

There is no Business Number or anything on your website, or any Company Details.

After digging, i found 

MEDIVAPE LIMITED

55A CEMETERY ROAD 
SCUNTHORPE 
SOUTH HUMBERSIDE 
ENGLAND 
DN16 1DY 

Its like you make your CBD oil at home..

Your not making it in a lab or working environment suitable for selling this as a medicine ..

Plus you make claims about curing all sorts, on your website.

Transparency , is the key to having a large customer base.. And customers actually willing to buy from you in the first place.

The internet is full of gullible people who want a miracle cure who will buy anything in an instant.

But for some of us we like to see professional business standards. Not just random claims etc.

HPLC is useless because i get the impression their is no Quality Control, the CBD will more than like vary in each bottle.

Im not being harsh, i just think a CBD oil aimed at curing debilitating illnesses such as Anxiety or serious illnesses like M.S, then i think we deserve to know everything we can about a product we are ingesting. 

Edited by Mr.Nootropic, 28 May 2014 - 06:04 PM.

• like x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannabidiol, cannabis, cbd, cb2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users