D-Deprenyl group buy?

selegiline d-deprenyl reinforcing dopamine

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#31 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:26 AM

This seems to be in the works with THT. Hope it pans out. 

#32 Ruinmir

• 26 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:35 AM

I hope so, I've been wanting to try the d isomer for several years but didn't think I'd ever find a source.  It would be great to have a domestic vendor make it available.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:38 AM

I hope so, I've been wanting to try the d isomer for several years but didn't think I'd ever find a source.  It would be great to have a domestic vendor make it available.

Same, pretty excited about this one. I gave up on nootropics in general until something like ISRIB comes around that actually works. 

#34 Killword

• 29 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:53 AM

3. Will it bee a good idea to comine L-deprenyl + D-deprenyl or D-deprenyl + BPAP?

No one can tell you for sure whether there would be a significant interaction but, no, it wouldn't be a very good idea.  I believe racemic deprenyl was the first made so combining d- and l-deprenyl could quite possibly be just fine but since there are significant interactions between nonselective (which l-deprenyl is at doses not much higher than what is commonly used for nootropic use) and irreversible (which l-deprenyl also is) MAOIs and since so little information is known about d-deprenyl, it's affinity for MAO enzymes, etc., this combination is probably too high risk to try without close medical supervision.

I would be very excited to see this but given what little information exists about d-deprenyl and the fact that it seems there hasn't been any research on humans (at least none on pubmed) and that it was invented (and perhaps last used by humans) in the 60s when we knew way less about MAOIs and their interactions than we do now, it seems prudent that this be treated very carefully (like you would with any research chemical with known MAOI activity).  

Edited by Killword, 30 July 2014 - 04:54 AM.

#35 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:58 AM

3. Will it bee a good idea to comine L-deprenyl + D-deprenyl or D-deprenyl + BPAP?

No one can tell you for sure whether there would be a significant interaction but, no, it wouldn't be a very good idea.  I believe racemic deprenyl was the first made so combining d- and l-deprenyl could quite possibly be just fine but since there are significant interactions between nonselective (which l-deprenyl is at doses not much higher than what is commonly used for nootropic use) and irreversible (which l-deprenyl also is) MAOIs and since so little information is known about d-deprenyl, it's affinity for MAO enzymes, etc., this combination is probably too high risk to try without close medical supervision.

I would be very excited to see this but given what little information exists about d-deprenyl and the fact that it seems there hasn't been any research on humans (at least none on pubmed) and that it was invented (and perhaps last used by humans) in the 60s when we knew way less about MAOIs and their interactions than we do now, it seems prudent that this be treated very carefully (like you would with any research chemical with known MAOI activity).  

It actually has no MAOI activity, and is neuroprotective. I'm not sure if it is as neuroprotective as L-Deprenyl; but, there is actually a lot of research around on it (D-Deprenyl) as compared with (L-Deprenyl). One just need look at google scholar and search "D-Deprenyl." I'm not sure if combining L-deprenyl with d-deprenyl is useful. Some people report potentiation of stimulants although the research shows that selegiline actually inhibits dopamine reuptake and release from what I recall. Whatever the case, I'd still love to see it as it seems like an ideal ADD drug. 

#36 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:19 AM

It actually has no MAOI activity, and is neuroprotective. I'm not sure if it is as neuroprotective as L-Deprenyl; but, there is actually a lot of research around on it (D-Deprenyl) as compared with (L-Deprenyl). One just need look at google scholar and search "D-Deprenyl." I'm not sure if combining L-deprenyl with d-deprenyl is useful. Some people report potentiation of stimulants although the research shows that selegiline actually inhibits dopamine reuptake and release from what I recall. Whatever the case, I'd still love to see it as it seems like an ideal ADD drug. 

I believe it has MAOI activity but it is much less prominent than l-deprenyl. One of the papers I recall reading said it had no MAOI inhibition at 0.5 mg/kg in a rodent, but another stated that it did act as a weak MAOI.

• Informative x 1

#37 Killword

• 29 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:22 AM

What are you basing its lack of MAO inhibition on?  I still see no human research and I wouldn't want to just assume it doesn't based on animal data given interspecies differences in MAO and MAOI activity such as http://pubs.acs.org/....1021/jm060441e.  Also a lot of those google scholar results are either false hits or simply make brief mention of d-deprenyl.

#38 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:40 AM

i want this to happen but it would likely be considered a pro-drug for meth legally.

If not I'd go for it.

Regardless of whether or not it contributes negligibly an amount of d-meth in the body, or whether it has abuse potential, it would likely still be considered a pro-drug since that's exactly what it is.

I'd wish for it to be in the grey area legally though, and hopefully really effective and helpful for people.

IIRC ive tried to source it before with not much luck, probably owing to a possible legal complication since the company likely had easy access to it. Pure speculation

• dislike x 1

#39 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:55 AM

i want this to happen but it would likely be considered a pro-drug for meth legally.

If not I'd go for it.

Regardless of whether or not it contributes negligibly an amount of d-meth in the body, or whether it has abuse potential, it would likely still be considered a pro-drug since that's exactly what it is.

I'd wish for it to be in the grey area legally though, and hopefully really effective and helpful for people.

IIRC ive tried to source it before with not much luck, probably owing to a possible legal complication since the company likely had easy access to it. Pure speculation

By who? I don't get the sense of dread and paranoia. I understand if you were importing meth or a RC; but, D-deprenyl is in the pretty murky area. Especially, given that people take l-deprenyl every day and are OK with the idea of having meth metabolites also. 

Anyway, I found a supplier and will be getting a batch, hopefully soon. 

Edited by yadayada, 31 July 2014 - 05:56 AM.

• like x 2

#40 Ruinmir

• 26 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

Really?! You found a supplier yada? That's encouraging news.
I do see protoject's point though, the d-isomer may be more likely to raise some eyebrows in customs. I think l-Dep is no problem because l-amp and l-meth are also unscheduled. But I guess the only way to find out is to try and hope!

#41 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:54 PM

If not I'd go for it.

By who? I don't get the sense of dread and paranoia. I understand if you were importing meth or a RC; but, D-deprenyl is in the pretty murky area. Especially, given that people take l-deprenyl every day and are OK with the idea of having meth metabolites also. 

Anyway, I found a supplier and will be getting a batch, hopefully soon. 

Good to hear! I assume you would end up with a decent amount since it wouldn't be worth it to synthesize a negligible amount. Will you have extra for other people to try out?

#42 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:02 PM

So...

This will eventually become available. :D

God bless, since I'll need this for school. Haha. 

• like x 1

#43 Ruinmir

• 26 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:38 PM

Like, available from an online vendor?  That would be very nice, any idea how soon eventually might be?

#44 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:59 PM

Like, available from an online vendor?  That would be very nice, any idea how soon eventually might be?

Yes, in a couple of weeks. :-)

Edited by yadayada, 25 August 2014 - 07:00 PM.

• like x 2

#45 meth_use_lah

• 72 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

Very interesting, great job pitching this to your contacts!

#46 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:07 AM

Yes, in a couple of weeks. :-)

Finally! Good work, yadayada. d-Deprenyl has so much potential.

#47 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:18 PM

Yet no source

#48 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

Yet no source

A novel nootropic store will be distributing it. Just gotta hold your breath for a little. 

• Needs references x 1

#49 ovecta

• 68 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:43 PM

Never thought I'd see the day of D-Deprenyl being made available...hopefully one day Amineptine too will be resurrected
  • Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1

#50 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:13 AM

Never thought I'd see the day of D-Deprenyl being made available...hopefully one day Amineptine too will be resurrected

We will have to keep working for Amineptine. The demand is there as well, some day a supplier should start offering it.

• Cheerful x 1

#51 Sciencyst

• 272 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:08 AM

I originally expressed dismay towards d-deprenyl... but I am super super excited for it to become available! I am definitely going to give it a try, and would certainly pre-order if able! I have high hopes for this compound!!!

• like x 1

#52 tritium

• 384 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:01 AM

A novel nootropic store will be distributing it.

Which store are you referring to?

#53 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:38 PM

yadayada, do you know if tht.co will be selling Dihexa?

#54 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:55 AM

yadayada, do you know if tht.co will be selling Dihexa?

Prolly, not. Though you can look around the forums and prolly find it. I can ask if THT will sell it, unlikely tho. 

#55 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts
  • Location:From Hartford (Just 1/1/2014) Moved too Boston (jamica Plains)

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:30 AM

This is all panning out as I expected , and I'm rather pleased

#56 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:04 AM

Any update on this?

• like x 1

#57 tritium

• 384 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:42 AM

^ The topic starter left this forum, so someone else may have to look into finding a source.

#58 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:23 AM

^ The topic starter left this forum, so someone else may have to look into finding a source.

He still browses the forum: http://www.longecity...er/22402-redan/

Last online, yesterday. I think he mainly said he prefers /r/nootropics over Longecity. I don't think he said he'd never post here again. Redan, please update this thread if any concrete progress is made.

Either way, someone needs to get the ball rolling on finding a source. I'm going to contact New Star Nootropics and other vendors and see if they can look into obtaining this. This is really a promising compound. It is truly a shame nobody is offering it yet.

• like x 1

#59 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:49 AM

Thanks for reaching out FW900. Mesocarb would also be a viable alternative.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:03 PM

He still browses the forum: http://www.longecity...er/22402-redan/

Last online, yesterday. I think he mainly said he prefers /r/nootropics over Longecity. I don't think he said he'd never post here again. Redan, please update this thread if any concrete progress is made.

Either way, someone needs to get the ball rolling on finding a source. I'm going to contact New Star Nootropics and other vendors and see if they can look into obtaining this. This is really a promising compound. It is truly a shame nobody is offering it yet.

It's taking so long because Deprenyl or selegiline productrion is banned in China. A lab in India has to produce it and finding a reliable and trustworthy lab in India is proving a time taking task. But, I can say with a high degree of confidence that THT will be stocking racemic selegiline in the not to distant future. I'm personaly not interested in stims anymore; but, it should serve as an awesome research chemical.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: selegiline, d-deprenyl, reinforcing, dopamine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users