Niagen Nicotinamide Riboside LONGECITY Group Buy

niagen nicotinamide niacin group buy hpn

• Please log in to reply
447 replies to this topic

#61 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:16 PM

Ok! My first 8 bottles just arrived...As I was getting a late start on gardening my mail lady noted she'd dropped a package over the gate... was extremely happy it was the NR and not one of several other orders this week... just took my first cap and off to work...

I'm excited to have reengaged with Longecity at this particular moment...

Yee haw! 

Btw, I have many questions as to my regime, which although I think is pretty sound, that I'll post soon in the follow-up thread...once I have some more time to reflect on things...

Thanks, all...I'm stoked!

#62 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:57 PM

The coupon code: Longecity4 is currently still working.    http://hpnsupplements.com/store/nr/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#63 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:09 PM

The coupon code: Longecity4 is currently still working.    http://hpnsupplements.com/store/nr/

Thanks APBT, I wasn't going to rock this boat. I'll check in with HPN when they finally close the window. Keep us posted guys.

#64 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:39 PM

Still working as of this writing.  

#65 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:49 AM

contacted NOW about producing Niagen but they said its no better than their own NADH product. It's similar they said. I'm still not sold yet till prices come down on Niagen.

#66 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:16 PM

contacted NOW about producing Niagen but they said its no better than their own NADH product. It's similar they said. I'm still not sold yet till prices come down on Niagen.

NAD is hydrolyzed to nicotinamide during intestinal digestion

http://jn.nutrition..../2/412.full.pdf

Bet ya NOW didn't share with you that simple Nicotinamide is cheaper than their own NADH product either. We buy Niagen in a group buy because many of us can't afford to pay retail. Nicotinamide Riboside (NR) so far has been found to be the most potent NAD precursor available. That's not to say some of us aren't looking for alternatives or ways to maximize our purchase of (NR). There is also research to support NAD alone is unable to permeate the lipid bilayers of the cell Di Lisa F, Ziegler M (2001). But even if it could be absorbed through the cell membrane on its own how do you get it there if its cleaved into Nicotinamide thru the digestive path? 

#67 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:23 PM

Well NOW is indeed not remotely a scientific institution, but what is so noted in the above post is not perhaps accurate.

There is another study displaying that NAD itself is well absorbed orally and in a far superior fashion to NADH, which is shown in that study to be metabolically altered within the digestive tract to agents that were not identifiable within the scope of the study.  Within that study NADH displayed a lack of significant oral bioavailabilty, however, again, NAD did show solid oral ROA efficacy.

The above referenced study is cited within the below link so to get some further overview see this link perhaps that gives a brief overview:

http://teamtlr.com/a...ide-nad-99.html   ;)

As well for reference:

Pharmacol Toxicol. 2002 Apr;90(4):220-5.

Bioavailability of reduced nicotinamide-adenine-dinucleotide (NADH) in the central nervous system of the anaesthetized rat measured by laser-induced fluorescence spectroscopy.

Author information
  • 1Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Freie Universität Berlin, Koserstr. 20, D-14195 Berlin, Germany. andrerex@zedat.fu-berlin.de
Abstract

Drugs intended to increase wellness or quality of life ("lifestyle drugs") have gained popularity and/or importance over recent years. Biogenic substances like nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NADH) are supposed to increase the physical and intellectual performance without side-effects. NADH is an energy-delivering co-substrate in the respiratory chain. Clinical studies showed positive effects of peripherally given NADH in Morbus Parkinson and major depression. NADH can be measured by its fluorescence. In this study a pulsed N2-laser combined with a fibre-optic probe and photomultipliers was used to induce and measure NADH fluorescence in the rat cortex. The aims of the study were to assess the suitability of the laser-induced spectroscopy for in vivo and on-line measurement of NADH in neuroscience and the assessment of the central availability of NADH after peripheral administration. NADH (50 mg/kg) but not the precursor nicotinamide caused a significant rise of the NADH fluorescence intensity indicating an increase of the NADH concentration in the rat cortex. In conclusion, the results suggest that NADH given orally or intraperitoneally increases the amounts of NADH in the brain. The results may thus help to explain the clinical effects reported.

Edited by VERITAS INCORRUPTUS, 16 October 2014 - 04:26 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#68 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:21 PM

A group buy thread isn't the actual place to debate this but NADH cleaved to Nicotinamide will raise NAD levels in the end anyway so the end result is not in dispute. So if we are only quoting "Route Of Administration" (ROA) efficacy yes consuming NADH will get you there but that data doesn't deal with the most efficient routes to get there. In addition the fluorescence intensity testing in the rat cortex doesn't deal with the transport mechanism, only that the NADH levels did rise.

Guys before we dilute the Niagen Nicotinamide Riboside Group Buy thread we've started a new one to banter about NAD precursors See Link. We all seem to have picked our own horse to cheer on and collectively we all share the same goal. If you want to make the point that taking NAD directly is the best way to raise cellular NAD levels than that thread is the place to do this and we just launched it.

So this is not a new LONGECITY discussion and I am open to this topic but not on the Group Buy thread.

Edited by Bryan_S, 16 October 2014 - 05:32 PM.

#69 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:27 AM

If this expensive product is what is said to be it is, then there will be bigger companies producing them at lower prices. I'll wait...

Edited by PerC, 17 October 2014 - 04:38 PM.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 2

#70 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:08 AM

I bought 6, but only want 3 of these bottles.  If anyone wants 3 for $100 shipped, let me know.

#71 wbmeier

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:09 AM

Hello Prophets, I would like to buy the 3 bottles, thanks 

#72 kah145

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:42 PM

Have been reading the information on Niagen and just joined Longecity today.  Would have purchased but the code is expired on the HPN site.  Does anyone know the dates for the next group buy period?

I don't take any supplements today but the three I'm interested in are Niagen, C60oo and resveratrol.  The group buy would be my preferred way to purchase the Niagen.  Any good options to purchase C60 and resveratrol?

I plan on documenting my personal reactions on the appropriate threads for all three.  Suggestions for sequencing - starting with resveratrol first?

Kevin

#73 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:40 PM

Does anyone know the dates for the next group buy period?

Kevin

The next buy will be December 11th through the 18th.

• like x 1

#74 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:54 PM

Count me in

#75 MetaphasicSystems

• 112 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:29 AM

That is one of the least reputable looking sites I have seen selling nootropics in a long time. If I weren't being directed there from here I wouldn't never purchase from that site. It looks like something a gym owner put up to sell protein powder.

#76 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:48 AM

get NAD in sublingual form?

NAD is hydrolyzed to nicotinamide during intestinal digestion

http://jn.nutrition..../2/412.full.pdf

Bet ya NOW didn't share with you that simple Nicotinamide is cheaper than their own NADH product either. We buy Niagen in a group buy because many of us can't afford to pay retail. Nicotinamide Riboside (NR) so far has been found to be the most potent NAD precursor available. That's not to say some of us aren't looking for alternatives or ways to maximize our purchase of (NR). There is also research to support NAD alone is unable to permeate the lipid bilayers of the cell Di Lisa F, Ziegler M (2001). But even if it could be absorbed through the cell membrane on its own how do you get it there if its cleaved into Nicotinamide thru the digestive path? 

#77 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:30 PM

That is one of the least reputable looking sites I have seen selling nootropics in a long time. If I weren't being directed there from here I wouldn't never purchase from that site. It looks like something a gym owner put up to sell protein powder.

LOL You hit the nail on the head, they are from the gym and look at this market through that lens. HPN is however one of the largest distributers with ChromaDex who makes the stuff and this vender has been fully vetted. You are free to look into the other (NR) venders, we started a thread on that. HPN was initially the only vender to support us with group discounts on Nicotinamide riboside.  Also it's not being marketed for its nootropic effects, however for some of us its had that effect. You'll find plenty of reading on this subject on this Google search "Nicotinamide Riboside nootropic" We make not such claims for the product this thread is just to notify our members when discounts are offered.

Here are some of the latest up to date science publications on the subject of Nicotinamide Riboside.

Edited by Bryan_S, 02 December 2014 - 10:01 PM.

#78 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:58 AM

Interesting latest news regarding NR:

But it's mostly regarding for hearing loss use. I do not have hearing loss but maybe it may make my hearing a lot better? I've read of people's use of coluracetam making their hearing of music a lot better.

A quote in the article:

"Methods for synthesizing NR were recently developed by Anthony Sauve, PhD, a professor of pharmacology at Weill Cornell and co-author of the study. This resulted in quantities of NR that were sufficient to test in animals."

Does that mean Anthony hold the patent to NR? Also, if it was just recently developed according to the article, how did Thorne Research and Niagen already have the product? I'm just trying to get to the gist of this.

#79 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:17 PM

Interesting latest news regarding NR:

But it's mostly regarding for hearing loss use. I do not have hearing loss but maybe it may make my hearing a lot better? I've read of people's use of coluracetam making their hearing of music a lot better.

A quote in the article:

"Methods for synthesizing NR were recently developed by Anthony Sauve, PhD, a professor of pharmacology at Weill Cornell and co-author of the study. This resulted in quantities of NR that were sufficient to test in animals."

Does that mean Anthony hold the patent to NR? Also, if it was just recently developed according to the article, how did Thorne Research and Niagen already have the product? I'm just trying to get to the gist of this.

Vitamin supplement successfully prevents noise-induced hearing loss

ChromaDex doesn't own Nicotinamide Riboside they bought the patent rights for "one" method to produce it and stabilize the substance. They are at this current time the only ones actively producing it as a supplement for the consumer market. From what I've read NR does have an affinity with water, if you had pure NR powder it would likely turn to goo and be unmanageable in a supply and packaging chain.  In the process ChromaDex bought they turn the NR into a salt by making it a chloride. This allows it to be handled with traditional encapsulating equipment.

Without this turning into a discussion about how to circumvent ChromaDex and their proprietary methods its safe to say no one has stepped up to the plate to compete with them. They claim the process is expensive and if you want some comparison there are some chemical supply companies offering NR for sale at exorbitant prices. This group formed to generate some purchasing power because with volume we can achieve a discount. In return by supporting our community many more people generate the buzz which HPN and ChromaDex hope will eventually generate more volume. And with more volume comes lower production costs and eventually this stuff becomes a common supplement and the price to the consumer will drop.

So that's the landscape, the companies you speak of are part of the ChromaDex supply chain. HPN participates in seminars all over North America disseminating information on Nicotinamide Riboside. As MetaphasicSystems noted in a post the other day you can see their gym mentality in their website. Jokes aside HPN is actively promoting Nicotinamide Riboside, (Niagen) to the athletic market and in return driving business to the doors of their competitors who have done little to increase demand. I have to commend them for their selfless marketing effort. I once worked as a product evangelist some years ago so I know how much work goes into the endeavor and how much business is lost to competitors who do little to deserve the business you created.

We also now have a forum for the latest scientific developments and news. So if you're looking for the latest published study information and conversation head over to: Nicotinamide Riboside Current News and Updates There you'll also find members there who are up-to-date on the latest NAD booster trends and get answers to questions like "why cant I just take NAD, or can I get NAD in sublingual form?" All great questions which many of us have the answers to from participating in Longecity's 14 other Nicotinamide Riboside forums.

EON, I hope that picture helps. I also sense I need to clarify, no I do not work for or am I compensated by any of the aforementioned companies.

#80 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:39 PM

hmm the more you say you don't work for the company the more it sounds like you're a salesman...

Edited by eon, 03 December 2014 - 09:40 PM.

• Ill informed x 3
  • Disagree x 2

#81 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:55 PM

Eon...many of us on this forum appreciate being able to acquire NR at a better cost than would be available if not for Bryan's efforts. Your response is just rude. For the record Bryan didn't start this relationship but took it on a a burden from another forum member so we could continue to get the deal.

I don't get the not so subtle negativity towards someone helping us out.
  • Agree x 4
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#82 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:49 AM

hmm the more you say you don't work for the company the more it sounds like you're a salesman...

LOL Thats Ok, I heard a voice saying that in the back of my mind as I wrote that . . . that was the reason for the disclaimer. I did works in broadcast sales some years ago, maybe that still comes across. . . No I'm just a TV videidiot working in news. Been immersed in this NAD booster topic since it caught my eye in 2007 when my father-in-law was diagnosed with alzheimer's. Maybe I can rattle off enough or more about this topic to keep up with those guys, don't know?

Edited by Bryan_S, 04 December 2014 - 01:02 AM.

#83 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:48 PM

N0777C.gif

OK guys same as before. This discount offer is made every 2 months to our members and the minimum buy-in is 6 bottles at 25% off. You can purchase more but that's the minimum.  Starting after midnight tonight, "Longecity5" will be the discount code. http://hpnsupplements.com/products/nr/ This offer will run December 11th through the 18th.

The code is currently active, I just checked and made my purchase. Also its not required but let the thread know how many bottles you get so we can get an idea if we're going to make our quota.    I just picked up 12.    Thanks guys for helping to keep this group purchase going.

Also someone recently asked about taking Niagen sublingually. . . guys just private message me on that topic. There are a few interested parties and we can start a private thread by invitation only if this is your interest.

Edited by Bryan_S, 11 December 2014 - 12:22 AM.

#84 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:37 AM

Guys just noticed the code isn't generating the proper discount of 33.60 per bottle. Let me take care of this and I'll let you know when its fixed. And it should be a 30% discount not 25% as stated above. In addition now the website seems to be down. Sorry for the inconvenience I've put out a message to HPN to look into the problem,

Edited by Bryan_S, 11 December 2014 - 03:07 AM.

#85 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:49 AM

The discount code is now properly working!

#86 wbmeier

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:30 AM

I just tried the code for 6 bottles, and only received 20% discount???

#87 rustybutt

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:27 AM

The discount code is now properly working!

I just attempted to make a 6 bottle purchase and after entering the discount code, the per bottle price went from $47.99 to $41.67, an approximately 15% discount.

Attached Files

Edited by rustybutt, 12 December 2014 - 01:28 AM.

#88 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:44 AM

I just ordered 6.  The discount shows up in the bottom of the screen....it refunds $48.25 on an order of 6 (after the total at bottom of screen) which brings the total to $201.77 .....or $33.63 per bottle.

#89 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:47 AM

I just ordered 6.  The discount shows up in the bottom of the screen....it refunds $48.25 on an order of 6 (after the total at bottom of screen) which brings the total to $201.77 .....or $33.63 per bottle.

This is right $201.77 would be correct for 6 bottles. Guys if it doesn't come out to #33.63 per bottle re-enter the code and try it again.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#90 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:35 AM

Damnit, missed it by a day... Does anyone want to unload a few extra bottles?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: niagen, nicotinamide, niacin, group buy, hpn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users