Niagen Nicotinamide Riboside LONGECITY Group Buy

niagen nicotinamide niacin group buy hpn

• Please log in to reply
447 replies to this topic

#91 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:31 PM

Bryan

Do you know what the final tally was for or latest group buy?  

#92 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:32 AM

I asked the other day and have not heard back.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#93 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:01 AM

Regarding sirtuin; I didn't read deep into it on what it is but only know of 2 compounds that works for it and they are resveratrol and nicotinamide, so I'm assuming nicotinamide riboside would be more potent than just nicotinamide or even NAD. But how is resveratrol? What separates NR?

• Off-Topic x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#94 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:35 AM

When will be the next one? Feb?

#95 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:20 PM

When will be the next one? Feb?

That would be logical we made our quota guys.

From out of the blue High Performance Nutrition is offering a new NR – Powder with an introductory discount to Longecity members.  They will run the deal for (3 or 4 bottle purchases) now through 1/7/14. The code will be "longecitypowder" and it will save $14/bottle ($36 vs $50). So if you missed the last offer here is another and we've been assured this offer will not interfere with the normal LONGECITY Group Buy.

Niagen_150grams.png

The offer is good for a minimum of 3 bottles and a maximum of 4 (for shipping reasons)

IMG_0436-1024x622.jpg

Edited by Bryan_S, 28 December 2014 - 08:46 PM.

#96 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:36 PM

Weird that the base price of the powder is more than capsules: 49.99 vs 47.99 for the same amount of NR. Too bad. Otherwise, I would prefer powder. 

#97 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 11:01 PM

Weird that the base price of the powder is more than capsules: 49.99 vs 47.99 for the same amount of NR. Too bad. Otherwise, I would prefer powder. 

The extra weight in each serving is a special organic vegetable inulin they use to stabilize the Nicotinamide Riboside. Here is how it works out.

NR Powder Nicotinamide Riboside with (HPN Promo code longecitypowder) $36.50/bottle (7.5 g NR per bottle) = $4.87 per gram

This formulation is designed more for our sublingual users and the inulin adds a few cents per serving, I'm told it smooths out the taste.

Hope thats helpful.

Edited by Bryan_S, 28 December 2014 - 11:13 PM.

• dislike x 1

#98 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:23 AM

Is there any difference in term of efficacy of the NR from HPN and LCR? any personal experiences and preferences of the 2 company?

#99 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:23 AM

Wow, keep in mind every company mentioned in our Nicotinamide Riboside (NR)/Niagen vendor vetting and discussion forum gets their Niagen from ChromaDex.

• dislike x 1

#100 Primal

• 95 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:27 AM

From out of the blue High Performance Nutrition is offering a new NR – Powder with an introductory discount to Longecity members.  They will run the deal for (3 or 4 bottle purchases) now through 1/7/14. The code will be "longecitypowder" and it will save $14/bottle ($36 vs $50). 

The offer is good for a minimum of 3 bottles and a maximum of 4 (for shipping reasons)

It's January 7 on the East Coast and the coupon doesnt work. Was it working before? Shouldnt it have worked until 11:59pm? 

[Edit: Trimming redundant image re-post -Michael]

Edited by Michael, 05 February 2015 - 08:29 PM.

#101 russdog

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:00 AM

From out of the blue High Performance Nutrition is offering a new NR – Powder with an introductory discount to Longecity members.  They will run the deal for (3 or 4 bottle purchases) now through 1/7/14. The code will be "longecitypowder" and it will save $14/bottle ($36 vs $50).

It's January 7 on the East Coast and the coupon doesnt work. Was it working before? Shouldnt it have worked until 11:59pm? 

Same issue here on the Gulf Coast... any clues?  Any fixes?  (Or maybe they're in Newfoundland and it's already tomorrow...)

Edited by Michael, 05 February 2015 - 08:30 PM.

#102 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:20 AM

I've got 3 bottles 2 days ago and am still waiting for shipping. The code did work.

#103 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:56 PM

Have to say I didn't monitor the code every day. I'll let you guys know when the standard offering gets scheduled again. 

• like x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#104 SimbaLion

• 15 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:41 AM

Is there any current discount available?  I seem to have jumped into this in the gap period of a group buy.  :(

#105 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:41 PM

Sorry, 4 or 5 weeks away would be my guess. 

#106 jafuga

• 33 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:13 AM

code not working

#107 russdog

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:18 AM

code not working

Given the current date, I think it's supposed to not work...

• Good Point x 1

#108 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:42 AM

We have the dates for the next offer from HPN. This offer will run February 15th through the 23rd. This will be for the capsules not the powder. I'll post more as we get closer.

#109 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:42 AM

Good. 

The powder is actually very difficult to use sublingually. The volume is too large for sublingual use and it will cake when water is added. 

Look forward to try the capsule with a good price

• Informative x 1

#110 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:00 AM

I use the capsules sublingually. Feedback is what HPN is looking for to refine this product. The capsule offer will run February 15th through the 23rd. 

#111 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:07 AM

The powder reminds me of a mixture of powdered milk and glue. It really doesn't mix well in liquid.Works though.

#112 jessedc

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:11 AM

I just placed an order with code Longecity6 for 6 bottles and it gave me the proper discount. Whether or not they cancel the order or just wait until February 15th - 23rd to ship it remains to be seen. I'm not sure I'm keen on holding 6 months worth though, depends on how it effects me.

..edit. I'm curious, has anyone had the source coming from hns tested to see if it's what they claim? I've read some speculation that others are saying the price it's being sold at, even before the group discount, is far too low for what it currently costs to synthesize and that no patents have been found related to Chromadex's specialized method that allows them to create it at a much cheaper rate. 

Edited by jessedc, 06 February 2015 - 03:16 AM.

#113 russdog

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:40 AM

I just placed an order with code Longecity6 for 6 bottles and it gave me the proper discount. Whether or not they cancel the order or just wait until February 15th - 23rd to ship it remains to be seen. I'm not sure I'm keen on holding 6 months worth though, depends on how it effects me.

..edit. I'm curious, has anyone had the source coming from hns tested to see if it's what they claim? I've read some speculation that others are saying the price it's being sold at, even before the group discount, is far too low for what it currently costs to synthesize and that no patents have been found related to Chromadex's specialized method that allows them to create it at a much cheaper rate. 

I just tried it and got only the std quantity discount for 6 bottles... per bottle cost of $41 and change, not mid-$30's as per the group buy...

EDIT:  Nope, I was wrong... it did work... I just wasn't looking in the right place....

Edited by russdog, 06 February 2015 - 03:53 AM.

#114 jessedc

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:48 AM

I just tried it and got only the std quantity discount for 6 bottles... per bottle cost of $41 and change, not mid-$30's as per the group buy...

Maybe they disabled it after my order? Not sure, it was only a little while ago, screen shots below.

Cart: http://imgur.com/FDVtJJf

Receipt Email: http://imgur.com/se652E2

#115 russdog

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:54 AM

Maybe they disabled it after my order? Not sure, it was only a little while ago, screen shots below.

Cart: http://imgur.com/FDVtJJf

Receipt Email: http://imgur.com/se652E2

No, you're right... it did work... I was being a dope and not looking all the way at the bottom...

Edited by russdog, 06 February 2015 - 03:55 AM.

#116 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:48 AM

It worked. I've just ordered 6 bottles

#117 Thell

• 61 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:33 PM

Going to be ordering for the next (current) group buy. Question on quantity dosage and ensuring enough to get through to the next group buy...

We need to order enough for two individuals...

My mom, 67 5'5" 155lbs highly active (~10miles/day walk) losing weight consistently and drinks ~8 cups water/day.

There are no medications involved, and the only supplement is 2 fish oil capsules/day (Nature Made 1000mg (300mg Omega-3) ).

This will be as controlled a trial as we can make it utilizing online resources for cognitive testing, 24/7 fit-bit activity monitoring, visual testing, and close up pictures of the eyes.

Our hope is that we can see cognitive improvement to alleviate signs of forgetfulness (alz).

me - Male 44 6'6" weighing a _very_ stable 200lbs (+/- 5lbs summer/winter for 10+ yrs) drinking about ~15 cups water/day.

No medications or supplements. I have a fast metabolism and can feel my body start burning off energy regularly after eating.

I am healthy, never get sick or anything, so I am not sure what I'm testing for, but will be keeping the same records as her.

So, to make it to the next sale, how much do you think we'll need? I was thinking 8 bottles, 2 doses/day, sublingual - but not sure what the dose should be...

Edited by Thell, 06 February 2015 - 04:34 PM.

#118 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:01 PM

250 mg per day is the recommended dose and 1 bottle represents a months supply for a person. The group buy runs about every 2 months. The minimum order to qualify for the discount is 6 bottles.

Now a few of us take a bit more and calculate a little differently. I take a bottle per week and there is 8-weeks between buys and my wife is taking it as well. As to dose the clinical studies should start to come out soon and we will see how they weigh in on this question.

#119 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:07 PM

It worked at 1st but the disease is working faster. I could say that about a lot of things

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#120 Thell

• 61 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:20 PM

250 mg per day is the recommended dose and 1 bottle represents a months supply for a person. The group buy runs about every 2 months. The minimum order to qualify for the discount is 6 bottles.

Now a few of us take a bit more and calculate a little differently. I take a bottle per week and there is 8-weeks between buys and my wife is taking it as well. As to dose the clinical studies should start to come out soon and we will see how they weigh in on this question.

Thanks Bryan, its great there is a recommended dosage, but I'm hoping to get a little more input than what I can read on the bottle. I recall reading somewhere on the forum (though I don't recall where) a formula for dosage/weight calories/day. I'd be remiss if I treated us both with the same dosage and left it at a single dosage/day... I'll try again to find the formula, as well as half-life info, which I also recall reading something about. I eat ~3500 calories a day where as she is closer to 1500 (we've been tracking for ~2 months).

• Ill informed x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: niagen, nicotinamide, niacin, group buy, hpn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users