- - - - -

Questions about my homemade Dark chocolate and Theobromine content

paleo chocolate dark chocolate yummy

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

I bought about a pound of raw Cacao butter (the ingredient that makes dark chocolate SOLID at room temp) and I have tried to make it similar to the store bought kind and failed royally the first time (too much cocoa powder and not enough mixing). 

So I finally think I have succeeded the third time around by adding 2 parts of raw cacao butter per 1 part of dark cocoa baking powder. It actually feels like real chocolate in my mouth now. The key seems to be proper mixing and emulsifying of the ingredients. Stevia might have made it too powdery with the first batch so i used honey this time, I will probably use liquid stevia next time.

Anyway, I am confused about the theobromine content of raw cacao butter. Conflicting info out there. 

I know dark cocoa powder contains the caffeine, does it also contain the bulk of the theobromine as well? I read that the raw cacao butter, which is the tannish ingredient that actually creates the solid mass of the chocolate at room temps, only contains 1% theobromine. 

Help me out here. I don't want theobromine overdosing. 

So, which contains the most of it, the cacao butter or the dark cocoa baking powder? 

Thanks. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paleo, chocolate, dark chocolate, yummy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users