- - - - -

bio ethanol

alcohol

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 UKLAD

• 78 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:48 PM

anybody using bio ethanol to break down stuff, is it ok to use when something says alcohol/ethanol for solubility?

#2 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:14 AM

Are you talking about ingesting it? Unless it's specifically meant for consumption, do no such thing.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 UKLAD

• Topic Starter
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:22 AM

no not for ingesting, i mean using it to break down stuff, certain compounds on TLR require alcohol to break down, as ethanol is quite difficult to obtain legally i was wandering if bio-ethonal would be ok but i guess they denature it, would that affect the breaking down of a chemical? what do other people use when a chemical needs alcohol to break it down? Vodka?

#4 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:30 AM

The kind of ethanol used in labs is mixed with methanol, that way you go blind if you try to drink it.

What are you trying to break down?

#5 UKLAD

• Topic Starter
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:38 AM

lets start with this one... http://teamtlr.com/s...49-orpa-ox.html

#6 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:30 AM

And you know if this molecule is non-polar, and will in fact separate in alcohol?

#7 UKLAD

• Topic Starter
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:46 AM

ive no idea what you mean, if you read the instructions at the bottom it says ... Mostly soluble within a 1:1 to 1:2 solution of alcohol:water at ~100mg/ml

so im guessing it needs alcohol to break down? is that right?

#8 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:35 AM

I don't get what you are trying to do? Are you trying to separate ingredients from a supplement? That is a complicated process that goes beyond just pouring alcohol into something. You'd need 3+ semesters of Organic Chemistry, plus lab experience, to be able to do that correctly and safely.

Am I making the wrong assumption?

#9 UKLAD

• Topic Starter
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:02 PM

im just wanting to consume it ie the orpa ox, but because tlr states "Mostly soluble within a 1:1 to 1:2 solution of alcohol:water at ~100mg/ml" im assuming i need alcohol to break the orpa ox down so i can ingest it. maybe im reading this totally wrong and should just swallow it or sub lingual?

Edited by UKLAD, 27 May 2015 - 03:16 PM.

#10 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:59 PM

im just wanting to consume it ie the orpa ox, but because tlr states "Mostly soluble within a 1:1 to 1:2 solution of alcohol:water at ~100mg/ml" im assuming i need alcohol to break the orpa ox down so i can ingest it. maybe im reading this totally wrong and should just swallow it or sub lingual?

Ohhhh, now I get it. It directs you to add alcohol. Vodka will do then. :) Vodka is already almost 1:1 ethanol to water (4:6 or 2:3), so it falls right in between 1:1 and 1:2 of alcohol to water. That should do it. hope the clears it up.

Why do they need you to add alcohol? Never seen those directions ofr a supplement.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#11 UKLAD

• Topic Starter
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:18 AM

im not sure why they direct one to use alcohol, but many of their compounds say the same thing in the description. I put some under my tongue and definetly felt something so why does need alcohol?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alcohol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users