• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:42 AM

feeling "nootropic" effect is quite vague

#32 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 06:24 PM

Yes I agree it was a vague description lol 

Ok so, after taking the 5 mushroom combo from Realmushrooms, I have a sense of being more alive and ready to engage socially or engage with some project that I have to work on.  Overall, I feel sturdier and able to handle what's in front of me. It's subtle, but noticeable. 

Edited by motorcitykid, 28 January 2017 - 06:25 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#33 Real Mushrooms

• 101 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:27 PM

great to hear. thanks for the feedback.

#34 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:09 PM

great to hear. thanks for the feedback.

You're welcome. Love your product.

My only complaint would be the package that contains the mushrooms. The top does not close properly and some of the powder spills out of the top from time to time. I had to put it all in a Ziploc. With such a terrific product, it might be worth looking into a good package alternative that secures the product properly.

#35 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:09 AM

motorcitykid, it could be placebo for example maybe you changed your diet, adding few supplements here and there and lead different social life than before that has affected you different all while taking the product assuming it has a huge influence

anyway, i was just interested if the source i posted is good reliable source but i guess one cannot know unless one uses it...

Edited by hazy, 29 January 2017 - 04:10 AM.

• Good Point x 1

#36 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:49 PM

motorcitykid, it could be placebo for example maybe you changed your diet, adding few supplements here and there and lead different social life than before that has affected you different all while taking the product assuming it has a huge influence

anyway, i was just interested if the source i posted is good reliable source but i guess one cannot know unless one uses it...

Hi Hazy,

I've played around with a good amount of herbs and supplements over the years and I feel my detection meter for this kind of thing is fairly fine tuned. I've tossed a bunch of stuff from me regimen that others swear by because I don't experience the same reported effects.

With the mushroom powder, I didn't expect any sort of nootropic effect.

I was taking Reishi from Host Defense prior to using realmushrooms product and never experienced any nootropic effect. Keep in mind( In all fairness to Host Defense) I was only taking one type of mushroom(reishi) and w/ realmushrooms product I'm taking a combo of 5.  The subtle nootropic effect is not placebo and I feel it at about the same intensity each time I take it(every other day).

It could just be that my particular body chemistry is having this response to the mushrooms or maybe that my senses are more acutely aware of any slight changes in energy or concentration whereas for some other people it would go unnoticed. 

#37 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:58 PM

https://lostempirehe...uct/lions-mane/ Any thoughts on this product?

#38 William Sterog

• 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:52 PM

Well, they claim:

Active Components

>25% Beta-d-Glucans

Which is good, but in the laboratory analysis I don't see any reference to Beta-d-Glucans and I see this instead

Ergosterol (BCBK4106V, SigAl) ~0.1%

And I don't think that this is good. Because Ergosterol, according to this same thread, is an indicator of quality. 

Ergosterol analysis shows the actual amount of fungal material in the products.

Anyway, I don't see the point I'm buying from other than Real Mushrooms or Nootropics Depot. They both are transparent and top quality, they also are very active in the community and they deserve it. And no, I don't work for any of them, I just appreciate the good work.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#39 EFTANG

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:18 PM

Active Components

>25% Beta-d-Glucans

Ergosterol (BCBK4106V, SigAl) ~0.1%

I don't think that this is good. Because Ergosterol, according to this same thread, is an indicator of quality. 

Ergosterol analysis shows the actual amount of fungal material in the products.

Anyway, I don't see the point I'm buying from other than Real Mushrooms or Nootropics Depot. 

I think they are all selling the same product: sourced from Nammex. I don't understand why they do not test for beta-glucan though. Just a claim doesn't cut it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mushroom supplements, reishi, cordyceps, lions mane, beta-glucan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users