• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Tickle Your Damn Amygdala's You Neurotic Fools!

amygdala visualization frontal lobes brain exercise

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 WiseN666

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 April 2019 - 10:46 PM

Nice try, but the only troll here is you, posting these misinformations to endager any random person who might be browsing these forums and don't understand nutrition. Very kind of you for a christian boy. 

• Unfriendly x 1

#62 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 10:00 PM

FYI: WiseN666 and Pamoja post from different IP addresses.  Unlikely the same person.

Be civil guys, even if you disagree.  As long as the invective is confined to this thread, we'll let it slide.  Ignore the trolls.  And don't poke them either.

It's Manny's thread, feel free to ignore it.  If posting an opinion try to post it dispassionaty, please.  And Manny, you need a thicker skin. 

#63 zorba990

• 1,368 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:53 AM

Electro acupuncture for calming the amygdalae:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...4565/figure/F2/

2. Stimulation area two: The line between Taiyang (M-HN-9) and Tianchong (GB-9) and Shuaigu (GB-8).

The above points are commonly used classic acupuncture points for the treatment of mental disorders. The treatment method is that one acupuncture needle inserts from Taiyang (M-HN-9) toward Shuaigu (GB-8) and Tianchong (GB-9), and another needle inserts from Tianchong (GB-9) penetrating Shuaigu (GB-8) toward Taiyang (M-HN-9). These two needles are then attached to the electric wires through which a high-frequency continuous electric pulse is delivered from the electric device. The small electric current is passed between the pair of needles to stimulate the amygdala and hippocampus regions to regulate the neural activity of fear and anxiety. For the locations of selected points in the treatment protocol, see Figure 2.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...14.034.g002.jpg
  • WellResearched x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. [] To go ad-free join as a Member.

#64 TempBannedNotComingBack

• Topic Starter
  • 460 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:21 PM

It's Manny's thread, feel free to ignore it.  If posting an opinion try to post it dispassionaty, please.  And Manny, you need a thicker skin. 

The whole point of reporting WiseN666 was because he was a targeting troll and I was trying to nip it in the bud before it continued. He joined the forum and immediately goes to post on my threads, follows all my threads, and disrupting them on purpose (while staying neutral in other peoples threads), and this is acceptable behaviour to you on this forum?

I could have ignored him, but what exactly is the point of moderators and reporting then? Isn't this your job here?

If the user was here for debate or discussion it wouldn't have been a problem, but it's obvious he had malicious intent and was targeting my threads, rallies for me to be banned, calls me "christian boy". 

I'm not sure how long I would last if I joined this forum, started following another users threads, adding nothing to debate in those threads but disruption, and if the user was gay call him "gay boy", or if they were muslim call him "muslim boy", and see how long I'd last?

I don't think the moderators would be telling that user, hey you need thicker skin, doesn't matter if this new account of 6 days old disrupts your threads and starts calling you "gay boy" or "muslim boy", thicker skin that's what you need. 

Be civil guys, even if you disagree.  As long as the invective is confined to this thread, we'll let it slide.  Ignore the trolls.  And don't poke them either.

Invective: 1 : insulting or abusive language 2 : an abusive expression or speech

Oh wow great moderating. A 6 days old account can continue to post insulting and abusive language as long as it's confined to this thread. Great work moderators, really great. You're telling me he can continue to insult me, call me "christian boy", and disrupt this thread and thats fine, no repercussions.

Is this the exact same thing you are going to tell a gay or muslim user? Hey guys, I know this 6 day old account is targeting you and being invective in your thread calling you "gay boy" and "muslim boy", but we're going to let it slide and allow it to happen continually as long as it's in this one thread, just grow thicker skin alright.

Will this extend to race next? I'm Indian (manny is short for maneesh), would a 6 day old user account be allowed to continue to use "indian boy" or "black boy" in his posts on a users thread, as long as it's confined to that specific thread, and you'll let it slide?

As far as this judgment goes. It's saying it's open season for targeted trolls to join the forum, target a user, and be invective against you and your religion, sexuality, or skin colour, without any repercussion, as long as it's confined to one of that users thread, just grow thicker skin dawg.

Edited by manny, 15 April 2019 - 01:42 PM.

#65 zorba990

• 1,368 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:51 PM

Manny you are killing your own thread. Something which I am genuinely interested in discussing.
And proving the point that you are not at all in control of your strong emotions (most people are not, but consider the subject matter we are discussing here)
Take a break.
Regroup.
Progressive relaxation.
Exercise.
Smile.
Rise Above.
Come back and contribute.

#66 TempBannedNotComingBack

• Topic Starter
  • 460 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:08 PM

Electro acupuncture for calming the amygdalae:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...4565/figure/F2/

2. Stimulation area two: The line between Taiyang (M-HN-9) and Tianchong (GB-9) and Shuaigu (GB-8).

The above points are commonly used classic acupuncture points for the treatment of mental disorders. The treatment method is that one acupuncture needle inserts from Taiyang (M-HN-9) toward Shuaigu (GB-8) and Tianchong (GB-9), and another needle inserts from Tianchong (GB-9) penetrating Shuaigu (GB-8) toward Taiyang (M-HN-9). These two needles are then attached to the electric wires through which a high-frequency continuous electric pulse is delivered from the electric device. The small electric current is passed between the pair of needles to stimulate the amygdala and hippocampus regions to regulate the neural activity of fear and anxiety. For the locations of selected points in the treatment protocol, see Figure 2.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...14.034.g002.jpg

Also here for the whole paper: https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4104565/

This is actually one of the most exciting things that's been posted on this thread. I've always wondered about electro stimulation directly to the fronts of the amygdalas via electrodes, but for a normal user that would be impossible to do (unless your were part of a brain study where they insert electrodes into your brain).

But this paper not only gives the exact points of electro acupuncture, but also the results of the treatment, and on someone who has PSTD no less!

If we believe Lingos theory traumatic experiences are the cause of neurosis and lower brain function, as well as the amygdala being the "master click switch" to higher brain functions, and people with PSTD are the perfect example who have big/deep traumas and have hyperactive amygdalas, then this could be a great link, lets look into it further.

After six sessions of acupuncture treatments, the patient completely recovered from PTSD, went back to work, and now lives a healthy and happy family life.

Excuse me! Completely recovered from PTSD!

I think we may have found one of the best ways to stimulate the amygdalas through external means! If this treatment alone can cause recovery of PTSD, then who knows how it would effect normal people with not as strong traumas, or people who are specifically practicing amygdala tickling.

The demonstration of remarkable immediate and long-term effects of this treatment protocol reveals new and developing prospects of scalp acupuncture for the treatment of anxiety disorders.

Immediate and long term effects!

I reiterate, this is one of the most exciting things that has been posted on this thread! Very related to amygdala tickling and Lingos trauma theory. Don't forget Lingo was a PSTD Vietnam war veteran when he started his research.

I am going to bookmark this study and study it more, and see if I can get an acupuncturist to follow the same method.

Very exciting stuff!

#67 TempBannedNotComingBack

• Topic Starter
  • 460 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:59 PM

Manny you are killing your own thread. Something which I am genuinely interested in discussing.
And proving the point that you are not at all in control of your strong emotions (most people are not, but consider the subject matter we are discussing here)
Take a break.
Regroup.
Progressive relaxation.
Exercise.
Smile.
Rise Above.
Come back and contribute.

One thing you'll find if you tickle a lot, is you don't really give a monkeys (btw I restarted tickling yesterday, vitamin D seems to be doing wonders).

I could have let it slide and ignored the troll because it really wasn't a big deal to me. But I wanted to fight back and expose the troll, and after getting the ruling from the mods, point out the bias and fallacies in their ruling.

Do I care if someone trolls me, no. Do I care if the moderators have this weird policy on new accounts who are targeted trolls, no. I could have chosen to ignore it, but I chose to to expose it instead.

A little drama in this thread isn't going to kill it, I'm not here to represent or convince people of amygdala tickling, these are just my experiences and research into it. I'm human, and just as much an asshole and fallible as the next. If my crazy responses in this thread are enough to convince anyone to stay away from amygdala tickling in-spite of all the other anecdotal reports and research posted here, then that's up to them.

While I vehemently disagree with the mods decision and have posted my reasonings why, at the end of the day they're the ones in power, and like a judge or a referee, their decision goes and I respect that. Their decision had their own logical conclusions on what the best course of action was, and I've made my protest and said my piece on why I think the decision has fallacies in it and is an insult to fairness. But I don't equate this one decision to their characters, I've been on this forum for years and think the mods are generally reasonable even if you disagree with them, hence why I had no fear with challenging them on their decision in the first place.

Regardless, I've said my piece and explained my reasonings on the matter, I wipe my hands of it now. No more debating it, no more arguing on the matter. I'm not trying to get the last word on this, if anyone wants to say their piece on the matter or troll, feel free. But as far as I'm concerned, I've washed my hands of it, and if it isn't related to topic at hand, then I'll ignore it.

I'm an asshole!

I'm a cunt!

I'm a jackoff!

I'm crazy!

I'm an idiot!

I'm a fool!

I'm a loser!

I have a massive EGO!

No one should listen to me!

No one should follow me!

No one should take my advice!

No one should take me seriously!

No one should give credence to anything I say!

Run, RUN AWAY!

And... Smile :D

Edited by manny, 15 April 2019 - 04:08 PM.

#68 zorba990

• 1,368 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 12:20 AM

Also here for the whole paper: https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4104565/

This is actually one of the most exciting things that's been posted on this thread. I've always wondered about electro stimulation directly to the fronts of the amygdalas via electrodes, but for a normal user that would be impossible to do (unless your were part of a brain study where they insert electrodes into your brain).

But this paper not only gives the exact points of electro acupuncture, but also the results of the treatment, and on someone who has PSTD no less!

If we believe Lingos theory traumatic experiences are the cause of neurosis and lower brain function, as well as the amygdala being the "master click switch" to higher brain functions, and people with PSTD are the perfect example who have big/deep traumas and have hyperactive amygdalas, then this could be a great link, lets look into it further.

Excuse me! Completely recovered from PTSD!

I think we may have found one of the best ways to stimulate the amygdalas through external means! If this treatment alone can cause recovery of PTSD, then who knows how it would effect normal people with not as strong traumas, or people who are specifically practicing amygdala tickling.

Immediate and long term effects!

I reiterate, this is one of the most exciting things that has been posted on this thread! Very related to amygdala tickling and Lingos trauma theory. Don't forget Lingo was a PSTD Vietnam war veteran when he started his research.

I am going to bookmark this study and study it more, and see if I can get an acupuncturist to follow the same method.

Very exciting stuff!

I'm wondering if we could duplicate the effect by placing magnets at those points, or maybe using the ICES PEMF device or some such.
It would be nice to literally flip the switch and turn down or off amygdala fear processing.

Edited by zorba990, 17 April 2019 - 12:20 AM.

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. [] To go ad-free join as a Member.

#69 zorba990

• 1,368 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:40 PM

Essential oils as an amygdala target (Boswellia, frankincense):

Incensole acetate, an incense component, elicits psychoactivity by activating TRPV3 channels in the brain
https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2493463/

Incensole acetate, an incense component, elicits psychoactivity by activating TRPV3 channels in the brain

"IA significantly increased c-Fos in the lateral septum, central nucleus of the amygdala, and solitary nucleus, while significantly reducing c-Fos in the motor cortex, medial striatum, and hippocampal CA3 region (Fig. 4; Table 1; Supplemental Fig. 1)."

"At 50 mg/kg, IA exerted a potent anxiolytic-like effect, causing mice to spend significantly more time in the aversive open "

Edited by zorba990, Yesterday, 07:52 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amygdala, visualization, frontal lobes, brain exercise

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users