• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Tickle Your Damn Amygdala's You Neurotic Fools!

amygdala visualization frontal lobes brain exercise

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#241 Jesus is King

• Topic Starter
  • 752 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 09:36 AM

Getting off the Riluzole. 2nd day of trouble getting to sleep, and then my sleep quality was wrecked again.

I need to look into DMAE again, I had mood stabilising effects with it, but also major insomnia. However if I cut the pill into 4 (or was it 8?) I think I could curb this side effect somewhat.

Riluzole helped with ocd for sure I noticed. If the pills weren’t so small, I’d rather cut them into 4 (12.5mg) doses, rather than half (25mg) doses. I’m afraid 25mg will be too strong for me. Maybe I’ll try it, before testing DMAE, not sure yet

edit:

Ok I decided to try and cut the Riluzole to 1/4 and also took DMAE 1/4.

So I’ve taken this morning:

2 x Multivitamin

100mg Selenium

1/4 Riluzole (approx 12.5mg give or take)

1/4 DMAE (approx 44mg give or take)

I’ll consume cocoa hot drink later, to see how well I can handle it (as cocoa can cause my mood instability).

Funnily enough while my sleep quality felt poor, I feel alright now I’ve woken up. Something that selenium has had a good effect on before (daytime tiredness).

Let’s see what happens.

Edited by Jesus is King, 25 September 2020 - 10:10 AM.

#242 Jesus is King

• Topic Starter
  • 752 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 11:00 AM

Okay some good news. I seem to be “fixed”. In the sense the last couple of days I haven’t taken anything, and felt fine. Now I don’t know whether this is due to my t.gondii killer combo, riluzole, DMAE, hypnosis, etc... But another point could be tiredness, if that brings any inhibiting effect. Anyway I say “fixed” as it’s too early to tell, but my emotions/mood don’t seem out of control at all. I still have anhedonia.

Now I was doing some more investigation, and I can now confirm I was taking high doses of ALCAR before my pop:

I notice a difference. I take about 30 different capsules a day, 10 being fish oil, and 10 borage oil. The rest are high doses of b complex, zinc, vitamin d, multivitamins, and herbs.

I've only started my strict regime 10 days ago, and have so much more energy and concentration.

I think my best supplement for body building (and brain), is a teaspoon of acetyl l carnitine with a couple of raw egg yolks. My concentration/motivation in the gym has sky rocketed, I do so many more exercises in a shorter time, and I don't have the feeling to leave because I'm bored until much later on. I also can do more reps, and the lactic acid in my muscles takes a long time to build up, it feels weird but good

This was written on 9th Feb 2010, pop happened 3rd Feb 2011.

Now there is a year difference, but I found another post where I referred to myself eating 6 raw egg yolks a day on 11th August 2010. No mention of ALCAR, but I could have still been taking it.

The last hint is from here when I posted on 27th September 2010 asking whether glutamine is a good way to increase GABA. Which gives me the possibility I may have been taking glutamine, though I can’t find any evidence to back this up.

Anyway I decided to go full whammy today. Created my stack as opposed to just taking the multivitamin and selenium in the morning. Also decided to experiment with 500mg ALCAR and 4g of glutamine, just because I’ve been feeling very calm lately. I also increased my dose of riluzole to 25mg, this is because it’s easier to cut in half than a quarter, and it will absorb less when taken with fats, and I’m taking other things for NDMA antagonism, such as NAC, and I think turmeric is one also.

So it will be interesting to see what happens by the end of the day. It should be noted ALCAR gave me major insomnia and irritability when I experimented with it a few months back, so I’m hoping with the tweaks since then I’ll be able to handle it (like when I use to take a teaspoon of the stuff), and get it’s wonderful benefits on the amygdala and frontal lobes as the studies a few pages back show.

Edit note: Also I might have been taking creatine around that time also, and will be looking to add a low dose of it (500mg-1g) to my stack in the future if I can tolerate ALCAR and glutamine first (and then at higher doses).

Edited by Jesus is King, 01 October 2020 - 11:02 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#243 InfinityExists

• 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 05:34 PM

Something about this thread resonated with me and I had to come back and post so I can find it again.

Edited by InfinityExists, 01 October 2020 - 05:35 PM.

#244 Jesus is King

• Topic Starter
  • 752 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 12:34 PM

So I feel I’ve hit a milestone in my mental health. I don’t know whether it was the riluzole, t-gondii combo killer, or hypnosis, but I will note down my observations here.

1. My paranoia was most evident and would go into overdrive if I ever got high on weed. Now it’s pretty much non existent. The same with feeling shame/guilt when being high, pretty much non existent. This is a big development because the difference is night and day compared to a month ago.

2. OCD - My OCD has lessened a lot. 

3. Anhedonia - Still have it, but getting a little pleasure from music.

4. Mood swings/Anger - Lately I’ve just been as cool as a cucumber. I seem to handle everything quite well. No anger issues, mood swings, emotional flashbacks. 

5. Things that have triggered an emotional flashback in the past, or high/low mood swings, don’t seem to trigger me at all right now. It’s like I handle everything better right now. Doesn’t matter if I eat gluten with tabasco sauce, drink hot cocoa, my mind doesn’t get over excited and then really low.

6. I also seem to handle supplements and substances much better now, ones I previously couldn’t take. I use to be so sensitive that many supplements felt stimulating and could cause insomnia even when taken in the morning. Now my body and mind just feel more resiliant. It’s like drinking hot cocoa, or caffeine, I just handle it miles better. 

But the main difference is, my brain feels somewhat RESET. This is because lately I’ve not been taking any riluzole or the t.gondii combo, only my normal supps, but even forgot them on days. But the days I don’t take anything at all, I still feel pretty normal and balanced. It’s quite a remarkable change and I hope it continues.

#245 Jesus is King

• Topic Starter
  • 752 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 05:28 PM

https://www.research...erience_in_rats

Abstract
The incidence of psychiatric disturbances is elevated in temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE) patients. Early life stressful events are believed to have a major impact on mental health later in life, and increasing evidence suggests that such stresses may also promote a vulnerability to TLE. This study investigated whether subjecting rats to early life stress exacerbated mood and cognitive disturbances associated with the development of epilepsy. On postnatal days 2-14, rat pups were separated from their dams for either 180 min/day (handling and maternal separation--HMS180, modelling early life stress) or 15 min/day (control handling and maternal separation--HMS15). At 7 weeks, rats were implanted with a bipolar electrode into the left amygdala. Following recovery, one group of rats from each litter underwent rapid amygdala kindling (RAK) epileptogenesis, while another underwent sham kindling. One week following this, rats were subjected to behavioural tests assessing anxiety and cognition. HMS180-exposed rats kindled faster than HMS15 rats (p<0.0001). RAK induced a potent anxiolytic effect as evidenced by increased % time spent in the open arms of the elevated plus maze, compared with sham kindled rats (p<0.0001). This anxiolytic effect was also observed in the open field task, as evidenced by increased time spent in the inner area (p=0.010). Neither RAK nor maternal separation had any effect on cognitive function in the Morris water maze. We conclude that maternal separation stress accelerates limbic epileptogenesis in adult rats, and that RAK induces potent anxiolytic effects that are not influenced by such early life stressful events.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#246 Jesus is King

• Topic Starter
  • 752 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 02:02 PM

Dam I feel in a good mood today, like my anhedonia has lessened and I enjoy listening to music. Could be my hypnosis session earlier, but most of that was focused more on getting rid of bad habits.

However because of some insomnia yesterday, instead of taking my stack, I just ended up taking sulbutiamine and forskolin.

Forskolin being a relatively new supplement to me, only got and tried it the first time this year, maybe 3 months ago. And I definitely noticed a boost in a stimulating energy and a reduction in anxiety. But I have rarely experimented with it as a usual supplement.

But today was only forskolin and sulbutiamine. If it wasn't the hypnosis, this combo damn feels like a anhedonia killer, at least partially.

I actually hope if I can recreate this mood lift today in the future with these 2 substances, I can drop a lot of my other supplements, and just take these 2, 2 multivitamins, and selenium. And then occasionally like once a week, my t.gondii combo.

Anyway writing this now because the mood lift is very noticeable.

Edited by Jesus is King, 22 October 2020 - 02:03 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amygdala, visualization, frontal lobes, brain exercise

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users