• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Tickle Your Damn Amygdala's You Neurotic Fools!

amygdala visualization frontal lobes brain exercise

• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#181 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 March 2020 - 05:00 PM

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4367473/

A Diet Enriched with Curcumin Impairs Newly Acquired and Reactivated Fear Memories

Abstract

Curcumin, a yellow-pigment compound found in the popular Indian spice turmeric (Curcuma longa), has been extensively investigated for its anti-inflammatory, chemopreventative, and antidepressant properties. Here, we examined the efficacy of dietary curcumin at impairing the consolidation and reconsolidation of a Pavlovian fear memory, a widely studied animal model of traumatic memory formation in posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). We show that a diet enriched with 1.5% curcumin prevents the training-related elevation in the expression of the immediate early genes (IEGs) Arc/Arg3.1 and Egr-1 in the lateral amygdala (LA) and impairs the ‘consolidation' of an auditory Pavlovian fear memory; short-term memory (STM) is intact, whereas long-term memory (LTM) is significantly impaired. Next, we show that dietary curcumin impairs the ‘reconsolidation' of a recently formed auditory Pavlovian fear memory; fear memory retrieval (reactivation) and postreactivation (PR)-STM are intact, whereas PR-LTM is significantly impaired. Additional experiments revealed that dietary curcumin is also effective at impairing the reconsolidation of an older, well-consolidated fear memory. Furthermore, we observed that fear memories that fail to reconsolidate under the influence of dietary curcumin are impaired in an enduring manner; unlike extinguished fear memories, they are not subject to reinstatement or renewal. Collectively, our findings indicate that a diet enriched with curcumin is capable of impairing fear memory consolidation and reconsolidation processes, findings that may have important clinical implications for the treatment of disorders such as PTSD that are characterized by unusually strong and persistently reactivated fear memories.

#182 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:40 PM

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/30611899

Obvious anxiogenic-like effects of subchronic copper intoxication in rats, outcomes on spatial learning and memory and neuromodulatory potential of curcumin.

Abstract
Copper (Cu) is a transition metal and an essential trace element, but excessive levels of Cu might disturb vital functions and systems including the Central Nervous System (CNS). Curcumin has numerous beneficial effects including protective potential on the CNS toxicity. Previous studies have revealed solid evidence showing metal elements implication in the physiopathology of psychiatric disorders, principally anxiety, as well as association between stressful conditions and the inception of anxiety. In addition, it was stated that stressful condition strengthens memory. The aim of the present study was to evaluate the influence of subchronic Cu-intoxication (0.125%) for 6 weeks on the serotonergic system and anxiety state along with spatial learning and memory performance, then test the therapeutic efficacy of curcumin I (30 mg/kg B.W.). In Cu-exposed rats, we noted a significant increased innervation of 5HT in dorsal raphe nucleus and Basolateral Amygdala (BLA) outputs; this was correlated with an anxiogenic-like effect in rats subjected to elevated plus-maze test. Curcumin co-treatment prevented Cu-induced anxiety and reversed 5-HT alterations. Cu did not alter learning and memory but main spatial learning and memory performance was remarked in treated rats with curcumin in Morris water maze. Results demonstrated that subchronic Cu intoxication induced an evident anxiogenic-like effect that was alleviated with curcumin treatment, then, impairment of monoamine neurotransmitters expression may be one of the major mechanisms implicated. Therefore, curcumin may be valuable in the treatment of anxiety disorders caused by metal elements by acting as an anxiolytic agent, and in the improvement of memory performance.

Edited by Jesus is King, 02 April 2020 - 08:44 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#183 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:44 PM

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC6029466/

Systemic Administration of Curcumin Affect Anxiety-Related Behaviors in a Rat Model of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder via Activation of Serotonergic Systems

Abstract
Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a trauma-induced psychiatric disease characterized by impaired hyperarousal, fear extermination, depression, anxiety, and amnesic symptoms that may include the release of monoamines in the dread circuit. Curcumin (CUR), a major diarylheptanoid and polyphenolic component of Curcuma longa, reportedly possesses several pharmacological features, including antidiabetic, antiatherosclerotic, anticancer, and neuropsychiatric actions. But the anxiolytic-like effects of CUR and its mechanism of action in PTSD are unclear. The current research measured some anxiety-related behavioral responses to examine the effects of CUR on symptoms of anxiety in rats after single prolonged stress (SPS) exposure by reversing the serotonin (5-HT) dysfunction. Rats received CUR (20, 50, or 100 mg/kg, i.p., once daily) for 14 days after SPS exposure. Administration of CUR significantly increased the number of central zone crossings in the open field test and reduced grooming behavior in the elevated plus maze (EPM) test and increased the number of open-arm visits on the EPM test. CUR administration significantly reduced freezing response to contextual fear conditioning. CUR recovered neurochemical abnormalities and SPS-induced decreased 5-HT tissue levels in the hippocampus, amygdala, and striatum. These results suggested that CUR has anxiolytic-like effects on biochemical and behavioral symptoms associated with anxiety. Thus, CUR may be a useful agent to alleviate or treat psychiatric disorders similar to those observed in patients with PTSD.

Edited by Jesus is King, 02 April 2020 - 08:45 PM.

#184 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:50 PM

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/24405689

Effects of curcumin on chronic, unpredictable, mild, stress-induced depressive-like behaviour and structural plasticity in the lateral amygdala of rats.

Abstract
Depression is a neuropsychiatric disease associated with wide ranging disruptions in neuronal plasticity throughout the brain. Curcumin, a natural polyphenolic compound of curcuma loga, has been demonstrated to be effective in the treatment of depressive-like disorders. The present study aimed to investigate the mechanisms underlying the antidepressant-like effects of curcumin in a rat model of chronic, unpredictable, mild, stress (CUMS) -induced depression. The results showed that CUMS produced depressive-like behaviours in rats, which were associated with ultra-structural changes in neurons within the lateral amygdala (LA). In addition, the expression of synapse-associated proteins such as brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), PSD-95 and synaptophysin were significantly decreased in the LA of CUMS-treated rats. Chronic administration of curcumin (40 mg/kg, i.p. 6 wk) before stress exposure significantly prevented these neuronal and biochemical alterations induced by CUMS, and suppressed depressive-like behaviours, suggesting that this neuronal dysregulation may be related to the depressive-like behaviours caused by CUMS. Together with our previous results, the current findings demonstrate that curcumin exhibits neuroprotection and antidepressant-like effects in the CUMS-induced depression model. Furthermore, this antidepressant-like action of curcumin appears to be mediated by modulating synapse-associated proteins within the LA. These findings provide new insights into the underlying mechanisms leading to neural dysfunction in depression and reveal the therapeutic potential for curcumin use in clinical trials.

Edited by Jesus is King, 02 April 2020 - 08:50 PM.

#185 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:53 PM

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/23665290

Curcumin ameliorates memory deficits via neuronal nitric oxide synthase in aged mice.

Abstract
A number of neuroprotective effects of curcumin have been demonstrated in recent years. However, whether curcumin exerts any beneficial effects on age-related impaired cognition and memory has not been well characterized; nor was there any detailed data on the molecular pathways activated by curcumin. The present study attempts to investigate the effects of curcumin on memory decline of aged mice with a focus upon the possible contribution of the neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS)/nitric oxide (NO) pathway in the memory amelioration effect of curcumin. The results showed that chronic administration of curcumin (50mg/kg, i.p., 21 days) significantly ameliorated the memory acquisition ability of aged male mice in the novel object recognition and passive avoidance tasks. Immunoblotting revealed that chronic treatment of curcumin increased nNOS expression in the prefrontal cortex, amygdala and hippocampus, as well as the enhancement of nNOS activity and NO concentration. This enhancement was suppressed by pre-treatment with 7-nitroindazole (7-NI), a specific inhibitor of neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS). Furthermore, inhibition of nNOS synthase by 7-NI also prevented the memory improvement effects of curcumin in aged mice. Taken together, the results of the present study suggest that the amelioration of memory deficits by curcumin in aged mice was mediated, at least in part, by activating the nNOS activity in specific brain regions. These findings reveal the therapeutic potential of curcumin as a preventive agent upon the deterioration of cognitive faculties.

• Informative x 1

#186 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:58 PM

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/22820234

Curcumin produces antidepressant effects via activating MAPK/ERK-dependent brain-derived neurotrophic factor expression in the amygdala of mice.

Abstract
The potential antidepressant effects of curcumin have been demonstrated in various animal models of depression, however, there is little information regarding the site and mechanisms of curcumin in promoting antidepressant effects. The present study attempts to explore the mechanisms underlying the antidepressant-like action of curcumin by measuring the contents of brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in the amygdala of animal model of depression. The results showed that treatment with curcumin (40 mg/kg, i.p.) significantly reduced depressive-like behaviors of mice in the forced swim test. Chronic administration of curcumin (40 mg/kg, i.p., 21 days) increased BDNF protein levels in the amygdala and this enhancement was suppressed by pretreatment with the extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) inhibitor SL327. Additionally, the increased levels of ERK phosphoryation in the amygdala by curcumin were blocked by the ERK inhibitor, and inhibition of this kinase prevented the antidepressant effects of curcumin. All of these effects of curcumin, were essentially identical to that observed with the clinical antidepressant, fluoxetine. These results suggest that the antidepressant-like effects of curcumin in the forced swim test are mediated, at least in part, by an ERK-regulated increase of BDNF expression in the amygdala of mice.

Edited by Jesus is King, 02 April 2020 - 08:59 PM.

• Informative x 1

#187 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2020 - 09:30 PM

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/22624119

Effect of curcumin on quinpirole induced compulsive checking: An approach to determine the predictive and construct validity of the model.

Abstract

BACKGROUND:

Disorders of anxiety vary in severity to a wide extent, and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) persists as the fourth most common form of mental illness and is reported to be associated with memory impairment, necessitating effective means of treatment.

AIM:

To study the effect of curcumin on OCD.

METHODS:

The present study includes the determination of effect of curcumin at 5 and 10 mg/kg in quinpirole (0.5 mg/kg) -induced model of OCD, memory retention and brain monoamine levels in rats.

RESULTS:

A significant improvement from the obsessive-compulsive symptoms induced by quinpirole was observed in curcumin treated rats; curcumin showed a protective effect on memory task. An increase in serotonin levels and a decrease in the dopamine levels were observed in curcumin treated rats.

CONCLUSION:

Curcumin treatment had shown a protective effect in OCD with considerable influence on brain monoamine levels, thus providing an evidence for the predictive and construct validity of the model.

Edited by Jesus is King, 02 April 2020 - 09:31 PM.

#188 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2020 - 09:33 PM

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/18766332

Antidepressant activity of curcumin: involvement of serotonin and dopamine system.

Abstract
RATIONALE:

Curcumin is a major active principle of Curcuma longa, one of the widely used preparations in the Indian system of medicine. It is known for its diverse biological actions.

OBJECTIVE:

The present study was designed to investigate the involvement of monoaminergic system(s) in the antidepressant activity of curcumin and the effect of piperine, a bioavailability enhancer, on the bioavailability and biological effects of curcumin.

METHODS AND OBSERVATIONS:

Behavioral (forced swim test), biochemical (monoamine oxidase (MAO) enzyme inhibitory activity), and neurochemical (neurotransmitter levels estimation) tests were carried out. Curcumin (10-80 mg/kg, i.p.) dose dependently inhibited the immobility period, increased serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT) as well as dopamine levels (at higher doses), and inhibited the monoamine oxidase enzymes (both MAO-A and MAO-B, higher doses) in mice. Curcumin (20 mg/kg, i.p.) enhanced the anti-immobility effect of subthreshold doses of various antidepressant drugs like fluoxetine, venlafaxine, or bupropion. However, no significant change in the anti-immobility effect of imipramine and desipramine was observed. Furthermore, combination of subthreshold dose of curcumin and various antidepressant drugs resulted in synergistic increase in serotonin (5-HT) levels as compared to their effect per se. There was no change in the norepinephrine levels. The coadministration of piperine (2.5 mg/kg, i.p.), a bioavailability enhancing agent, with curcumin (20 and 40 mg/kg, i.p.) resulted in potentiation of pharmacological, biochemical, and neurochemical activities.

CONCLUSION:

The study provides evidences for mechanism-based antidepressant actions of curcumin. The coadministration of curcumin along with piperine may prove to be a useful and potent natural antidepressant approach in the management of depression.

• Informative x 1

#189 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2020 - 09:36 PM

I found an old Turmeric supplement I never ended up using before. It's a high strength curcumin extract (95% 400mg). I started taking it this Monday, but since Sunday I've caught the flu or a cold, and am still recovering. 

One thing I've noticed is my sense of pain and temperature has diminished, to the point where I can't tell temperatures of hot water. Originally I thought this was part of my flu/cold I'm going through, but this sense has come back better now it's late at night, and so I'm wondering if it's anything to do with the curcumin supplement I've been taking in the morning since Monday. I wont be able to test this until I fully recover. But curcumin maybe having an extremely strong analgesic effect on me, to the point where I can drink Tabasco sauce and feel no discomfort from mouth, stomach, to end. Also my appetites been crushed too, another maybe due to curcumin, or could just be this flu/cold.

Anyway what's more interesting to me is the anxiogenic and serotonergic effects. I noticed I was pretty much anxiety free when I took it on Monday. However I can't really tell much at the moment while going through this flu as I've been off sick from work for a week.

But I've recently concluded that my problem lies within serotonin, and have been looking for ways to increase or balance it naturally. Think my OCD, insomnia.

I do feel different on curcumin, but at this stage while I'm recovering from flu, I can't differentiate between whats down to the supplement and whats not. 

One of those studies about chronic copper intoxication causing anxiety in rats and reversing it with curcumin is particularly interesting to me. As I accidentally megadosed copper when I was trying to fight off a cold last October by megadosing a zinc supplement which contained copper in it, causing me to poo blood for 2 days. No joke, thread here: https://www.longecit...gut-any-advice/

Anyway I'm going to jump the gun on this one, and say I think curcumin may be a game changer for me. Can't wait to test it out once I'm back to normal health.

#190 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 April 2020 - 07:40 PM

I believe I'm getting a very strong analgesic effect from curcumin, to the point where I can eat A LOT of tabasco sauce and it doesn't effect me from beginning to end. However my sense of smell and taste are still gone at the moment from this cold/flu, so I won't be able to confirm it for sure until they get restored. My wife has also caught the cold/flu and has lost her sense of smell and taste. 

So I've taken this opportunity to eat more tabasco sauce in my diet, and research the health benefits of capsicum. And look what I just so happen to come across: https://www.pennmedi...ril/spicy-foods

Your taste buds and your gut may be more connected than you think. When you bite into a pepper, the capsaicin attaches to a receptor that communicates with other cells. That communication causes a nerve on your tongue to immediately tell your brain that it’s hot.

That same receptor is found in your digestive tract. When capsaicin enters your digestive tract and attaches to the receptor, it creates a chemical called anandamide. Anandamide has been shown to lead to less inflammation in the gut, which can be caused by conditions such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.

I never knew that, and need to find a better source. And just now googling [capsaicin and anadamide] I come across this: https://journals.plo...al.pone.0016116

Capsaicin-Induced Changes in LTP in the Lateral Amygdala Are Mediated by TRPV1

Abstract
The transient receptor potential vanilloid type 1 (TRPV1) channel is a well recognized polymodal signal detector that is activated by painful stimuli such as capsaicin. Here, we show that TRPV1 is expressed in the lateral nucleus of the amygdala (LA). Despite the fact that the central amygdala displays the highest neuronal density, the highest density of TRPV1 labeled neurons was found within the nuclei of the basolateral complex of the amygdala. Capsaicin specifically changed the magnitude of long-term potentiation (LTP) in the LA in brain slices of mice depending on the anesthetic (ether, isoflurane) used before euthanasia. After ether anesthesia, capsaicin had a suppressive effect on LA-LTP both in patch clamp and in extracellular recordings. The capsaicin-induced reduction of LTP was completely blocked by the nitric oxide synthase (NOS) inhibitor L-NAME and was absent in neuronal NOS as well as in TRPV1 deficient mice. The specific antagonist of cannabinoid receptor type 1 (CB1), AM 251, was also able to reduce the inhibitory effect of capsaicin on LA-LTP, suggesting that stimulation of TRPV1 provokes the generation of anandamide in the brain which seems to inhibit NO synthesis. After isoflurane anesthesia before euthanasia capsaicin caused a TRPV1-mediated increase in the magnitude of LA-LTP. Therefore, our results also indicate that the appropriate choice of the anesthetics used is an important consideration when brain plasticity and the action of endovanilloids will be evaluated. In summary, our results demonstrate that TRPV1 may be involved in the amygdala control of learning mechanisms.

So we have capsaicin effecting the amygdala and anandamide levels in the brain, nice! I'm not sure if this article is relevant to me now though, as it says the TRPV1 is activated by painful stimuli such as capsaicin, and currently I don't find chilli hot/painful much due to the flu removing my taste and smell, or the strong analgesic effect from the curcumin extract (yet to be determined). So maybe without the painful signal I won't get the anadamide release in my brain, what a shame. I'll settle for it's other health benefits instead such as anti cancer, anti inflammatory, anti oxidants, and better blood circulation.

Edited by Jesus is King, 04 April 2020 - 07:43 PM.

#191 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2020 - 12:25 PM

https://link.springe...1064-012-0716-2

The CB1 Receptor-Mediated Endocannabinoid Signaling and NGF: The Novel Targets of Curcumin

Abstract

Increasing interest has recently been attracted towards the identification of natural compounds including those with antidepressant properties. Curcumin has shown promising antidepressant effect, however, its molecular target(s) have not been well defined. Based on the interaction between the neurotrophins and endocannabinoid system as well as their contribution to the emotional reactivity and antidepressant action, here we show that 4-week treatment with curcumin, similar to the classical antidepressant amitriptyline, results in the sustained elevation of brain nerve growth factor (NGF) and endocannabinoids in dose-dependent and brain region-specific fashion. Pretreatment with cannabinoid CB1 receptor neutral antagonist AM4113, but not the CB2 antagonist SR144528, prevents the enhancement of brain NGF contents. AM4113 exerts no effect by itself. Our findings by presenting the CB1receptor-mediated endocannabinoid signaling and NGF as novel targets for curcumin, suggest that more attention should be focused on the therapeutic potential of herbal medicines including curcumin.

Edited by Jesus is King, 17 April 2020 - 12:25 PM.

#192 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2020 - 12:44 PM

I think curcumin may be the most brilliant supplement I’ve come across, and am looking forward to experimenting with it more.

Now we find it raises anandamide levels! Combine that with the first study on this page “A Diet Enriched with Curcumin Impairs Newly Acquired and Reactivated Fear Memories”, which may correlate with the raised anandamide levels I’ve looked into before. And then all the other curcumin benefits, anti anxiety, anti depressant, anti inflammatory, neurotransmitter balancing effects, makes this a very interesting substance indeed.

I will say one thing, anecdotally. When I’m on curcumin, I swear giving up cigarettes is much easier. Which I think is related to that first study, maybe I have subconscious fears if I don’t smoke which are being impaired.

Additional experiments revealed that dietary curcumin is also effective at impairing the reconsolidation of an older, well-consolidated fear memory.

Edited by Jesus is King, 17 April 2020 - 12:49 PM.

#193 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2020 - 11:21 PM

So I’d thought I’d reply as I haven’t done for several months.

So it’s been 3+ months since I’ve tickled my amygdalas, whether via visualization or the feeling method. I don’t experience emotional flashbacks.

There was one time where I experienced such symptoms, and that was when I had eaten a lot of gluten with tabasco sauce. I have had several experiences in the past years where eating too much gluten would bring on depressive symptoms, however I thought I had solved them with a regular supplement regime, however this doesn’t seem to be the case, especially when eating gluten with tabasco sauce.

Other than the occasion of amygdala tickling I have experimented with, which will make me highly emotional sensitive and easily hurt. There has been no such case in either of these or emotional flashbacks if I stop the practice.

I believe my amygdala tickling journey has not been permanently stopped. Nor do I believe that it hasn’t provided benefits since it’s inception. I can more easily cry at emotional things seen on television or in movies, and I believe my OCD and paranoia has lessened. However unless you have been brought up in a relativly happy childhood, you may face emotional walls which you cannot overcome, especially if they relate to the emotional flashback kind.

I believe hypnosis is one of the best available tools at everyones disposal. I have used it to crush my appetite (intermittent fasting), stop me from smoking, become a workaholic, become a gym rat, and obliterate my anxiety like nothing else. However unless you are able trance regularly and accept the suggestions, it will become a hit and miss thearaputic tool. And if the suggestions are not worded correctly, it can even make you too calm and content, that you may become a pushover for those who do not have your best interest in mind.

I also believe massaging the side of your temples or any tendor spots on the side of your skull are a great quick relief for emotional stress and disassociation.

I think the best way to sum up my experiences. Is that you have untapped potentional in your mind that you don’t even realize, and that something that seemed so hard, may become realitivly easy when your subconscious mind is finally on your side. However this will require regular reinforcement with the tool that gives you this benefit i.e. hypnosis.

Regardless there is possibility of increased joy, happiness, and pleasure, and a lessen of fear, aniexty, and paranoia with the right tools. I will not go into what works and what doesn’t, because there is a scope of available options, and even an SSRI may help those who struggle (not that I have had experience with them). 

All I will say, is the reality you may be accustomed too, whether negative or positive, is subject to change, whether you realize it or not (however long you have been accustomed to it). The mind had untapped potential you may not realize anymore, just like the child who finds joy in seeing a cat run out the door.

God bless those who have mental struggles who want out (there is always hopes in Jesus Christ), and I also hope more theraputic remedies will be available soon to help you with your struggles.

Edited by Jesus is King, 09 July 2020 - 11:35 PM.

#194 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 August 2020 - 11:10 AM

Amazingly when I wrote that last post, I was completely pissed. I don't know whether it was supplements or previous times of amygdala tickling, but it's damn possible to write coherently even when extremely drunk.

Anyway I started slipping back into depression, OCD, and eventually that anhedonia stuck in a rut feeling which I noticed a week ago. I had stopped taking NAC in my stack as I had run out, and thought lets see how I do with my well rounded stack minus the NAC. Well NAC is definitely a requirement for me.

So here I was a week ago, feeling so anhedonic. So I start googling NAC again, and read a reddit comment that you should take selenium as well because NAC can deplete it.

I didn't realise selenium is needed for glutathione peroxidase, the enzyme that creates glutathione in your body, the most powerful antioxidant.

Also me, my wife, and my father got hit by the china virus. But out of us 3 I was definitely hit the worse, taking a full month to recover. This always perplexed me, as someone who takes a well rounded supplement stack, I had the worse immune system. Originally I thought it hit me the hardest because I have beta thalassemia minor, but now there's been a recent study that shows a significant link between low selenium levels and a higher death rate from the coronavirus. So did my prior intake to NAC deplete my selenium which is why covid 19 hit me so hard?

But I can go further. I have some sort of metabolic syndrome or something. Because in the past I have taken megadoses of potassium iodide, coq10, and l-carnitine. Now I can't take any of these (or sea kelp), because I get a severe reaction to them. Most notably coq10 will give me major unnatural brain fog and make me really tired, and I can't even eat offal anymore, such as liver or heart, because I would get too much coq10 from them and get the major brain fog/tiredness. Could l-carnitine, coq10, and iodine/iodide depleted my selenium levels or caused some sort of metabolic syndrome? The only link I know is iodine, as that's used for the thyroid as it selenium.

I should also note the timeline. Mini pop was in 2011, potassium iodide high dose experiment 2013, coq10 and l-carnitine high dose experiment 2015. 2016 onwards haven't been able to take any of them without severe reaction, so did I deplete my selenium levels back then or screw up my metabolism? 

I should also note if you look at posts 172-175 in this thread (page 6), I discovered I was taking ALCAR around the time period of my mini pop, and then post some relevant studies and experiences of ALCAR and its effect on mood. So I ordered some as I wanted to try it again, but due to new allergy to l-carnitine from 2015, when I took 1 x 500mg ALCAR, I suffered from the worst insomnia I have ever experienced. I should make a distinction btw, I became allergic after megadosing L Carnitine L Tartrate back in 2015, not ALCAR, but obviously it has the same effect with ALCAR as it breaks down to carnitine. I should also mention when I say megadosing, I was taking 3-6g of L Carnitine L Tartrate a day. So this might not be considered megadosing per se, but it was enough to make me allergic to it. The same with 600-1200mg of coq10 a day.

Metabolic disorder, hypothyroidism, whatever I have, lets move back to selenium. I ordered super selenium complex from life extension a couple of days ago. I got it in the evening and took 2 capsules (400mcg). Definitely a perk in energy, got insomnia that night, had to take nytol. Yesterday I add it to my morning stack, but after last nights experiment 200mcg is all I need.

So here are some obeservations:

1. Getting out of bed was super easy when my alarm went off, even though I should have probably slept in longer. And this is after having taken a nytol too!

2. After I took my morning stack with the now added 200mcg selenium, I had 0 daytime tiredness or any grogginess which is definitely unsual especially after a nytol.

3. I feel like I'm more calm with a steady energy. I feel more awake.

4. Definite bump in libido and rigidity.

So selenium is definitely doing something, most likely better thyroid function.

While these are all perks, the thing I'm most interested in is emotional stability. Now the last 3 weeks I've being doing instant self hypnosis for various things and it's worked to various degrees. But one thing I've been doing it for is peace and love, and overcoming any anger, which it has also worked to various degrees. Now I don't really suffer from major anger or emotional flashbacks if I don't tickle my amygdalas. So prior to getting my selenium I tried tickling my amygdalas again, and while I was able to handle things much better, I still could not overcome any strong emotions fully, but I was able handle them and overcome them much better.

So the most interesting thing will be, will I be able to handle them even better or not experience them at all now I've added selenium? 

The next thing is will selenium eventually allow me to overcome my allergy to carnitine, and will I be able to take ALCAR again, which I believe might have been the supplement back in 2011 that allowed me to experience my first frontal lobes mini pop? This will be really exciting if I can take ALCAR again eventually.

Now lets get into some studies:

Here's one from 2018: http://www.archivesp...s_PP_4_2018.pdf

Effect of selenium as an adjunctive therapy in patients with treatment-resistant obsessive-compulsive disorder:

A pilot randomized double blind placebo-controlled clinical trial

Background: The first line medicinal treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) includes selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). Researchers have shown that there is a correlation between a defi- ciency of trace elements, the trace elements deficiency such as selenium, and mental disorders and mood, – Since selenium is a safe supplement with a favorable side effect profile, it may be useful as an adjunctive treatment with SSRIs.

Aim: To determine if adjunctive selenium therapy improves symptoms in treatment-resistant OCD.

Methods: Thirty-two patients with treatment-resistant OCD were selected and randomly assigned to two groups: intervention and control, with both groups continuing to receive SSRI drugs according to current guidelines. The intervention group received one 200 mcg selenium capsule daily while the control group received one placebo capsule each day for 6 weeks.

Results: Y-BOCS scores decreased at the end of the sixth week in both groups, but this reduction was significantly lower in the selenium group (P = 0.01). Selenium was well tolerated and there was no significant difference between the two groups in the incidence of side effects.

Conclusion: The results of this study indicate that selenium, as an adjunctive treatment with SSRIs, improves symptoms of OCD and thus can be used as a new drug for treatment-resistant OCD.

So here we have a study where selenium was given to those with OCD on SSRI's and there was significant improvement. 

I can say without a doubt NAC reduces my OCD to the point where I question whether I still suffer from it anymore. Is this because NAC increases my glutathione levels even without dosing selenium? I assume that is the link because selenium gave a significant reduction here in 6 weeks, and selenium is required for glutathione peroxidase.

Now check this amazing study out from 2014: https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/24749253/

[Advances of selenium supplementation in posttraumatic stress disorder risk group patients]

Abstract

Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a complex of symptoms developed in a patient after traumatic event. The basis of PTSD pathophysiology is hyper activation of neurones under stress factors influence, so-called excitotoxicity, followed by oxidative stress (OS) because of an accumulation of free radicals. Lipid peroxidation can lead to neurons damage. Neurons are especially susceptible to OS, changing signal transduction and information processing mechanisms. Clinically excitotoxicity preforms as different acute and/or chronic stress reactions and can cause PTSD. Selenium (Se) is involved on different stages of transport and metabolism of Glutamate. Research aim: to access PTSD incidence, OS parameters and their adjustment advances using organic Se in PTSD risk group patients. PTSD symptomatic severity (in PCL-M points) reduced for 5.85% to baseline, Prevalence Rate reduced for 46.03% to baseline in Se group patients. We can conclude that: 1) there is a statistically reliable correlations between the incidence of PTSD and OS parameters, between PTSD symptomatic severity and OS parameters; 2) the use of Se during the mission can reduce the OS parameters, minimize the incidence of PTSD and reduce the PTSD symptomatic severity.

So here we have a study where selenium supplementation will reduce the incidence and severity of PTSD by protecting the neutrons from oxidative stress. 

Here's another study from 2018 on Latvian soldiers: https://www.pharmano...atvian-soldiers

Study Design

There were 143 soldiers in the study. All were Latvian men with an average age of 27 years who were to participate in a six-month peacekeeping mission in Afghanistan. The participants were examined using blood tests and questionnaires before and immediately after their departure. As a marker of the blood level of selenium, the amount of the selenoprotein glutathione peroxidase (Gpx) was measured and, in addition, a number of other markers for oxidative stress.
SelenoPrecise
The participants were randomized into a selenium and a placebo group. The selenium group received two 100 μg SelenoPrecise tablets at each day for the six-month duration. The placebo group received identical-looking tablets without selenium.

Study Results
The study showed that the plasma content of selenium increased markedly in the selenium group. The placebo group's selenium had risen slightly because the soldiers had eaten food imported from the US. The activity of Gpx increased in the selenium group, whereas it decreased in the placebo group. The level of malondialdehyde (MDA) which is a measure of lipid oxidation and not desirable in larger quantities, decreased in the selenium group and increased in the placebo group. However, the activity of superoxide dismutase (SOD) which is an important antioxidant enzyme decreased by 1.7% in the selenium group relative to the initial level and increased 2.9% in the placebo group, i.e. a total difference of 4.6% (A possible explanation for this may be that the increased selenium level in the selenium group simply had relieved some of the antioxidant tasks of the SOD enzymes).

Conclusions
Finally, the severity of PTSD symptoms was reduced in the selenium group, whereas they had increased in the placebo group. The difference between the two groups was 20%. The study concludes that there is a reliable relationship between PTSD symptoms, their severity and oxidative stress. Supplements of selenium during a mission can reduce oxidative stress and minimize incidences of PTSD as well as its severity.

So we have another study showing selenium alone helps reduce the incidences and severity of PTSD, of soldiers actively on the field.

Now while these studies do not show whether they can help after the PTSD has developed. It makes me wonder if selenium can help with flashbacks or emotional flashbacks, by reducing the oxidative stress when you are re-experiencing the flashback? Not sure but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

Now here's a study from 1991 on anxiety and mood:

The impact of selenium supplementation on mood

Abstract

The possibility that a subclinical deficiency of the trace element selenium might exist in a sample of the British population was examined by giving a selenium supplement for 5 weeks. Using a double-blind cross-over design, 50 subjects received either a placebo or 100 mcg selenium on a daily basis. On three occasions they filled in the Profile of Moods States. A food frequency questionnaire was used to estimate the intake of selenium in the diet. Intake was associated with a general elevation of mood and in particular, a decrease in anxiety. The change in mood when taking the active tablet was correlated with the level of selenium in the diet, which was estimated from a food frequency questionnaire. The lower the level of selenium in the diet the more reports of anxiety, depression, and tiredness, decreased following 5 weeks of selenium therapy. The results are discussed in terms of the low level of selenium in the food chain in some parts of the world.

Remember these are just studies on selenium alone, not other supplements, so it's pretty amazing. Then again there are studies for many different nutrients and their effect on mood and anxiety. But interesting nonetheless, as well as the fact OCD is an anxiety disorder. And having covered the majority of the major nutrients in my stack for a long time, I never actually saw a lessening of OCD or anhedonia until I started supplementing NAC. So I think selenium is more powerful that we might give it credit for, as both NAC and selenium are both linked with glutathione.

Here's one from 2014: https://medicalxpres...depression.html

New study shows strong link between selenium levels and depression

A new University of Otago study has found that selenium levels that are both too high in the body, and worse, too low, can place young people at greater risk of depression.

Otago's Department of Psychology co-author and study lead Dr Tamlin Conner says the research reinforces links between both low and high selenium status and adverse health effects in humans – including on mood, which is her main area of expertise.

A total of 978 young adults aged 17 to 25 were asked to complete a depression questionnaire and track their mood daily over the Internet for two weeks. Blood tests were also taken to determine their selenium levels.

The results of this research, a collaboration between the University's Psychology and Human Nutrition departments, and published in the prestigious Journal of Nutrition today, suggests that there is a relationship between selenium concentration and depressive symptoms and negative mood among young adults. Young adults with either too low, or too high, levels of selenium showed the highest risk of depressive symptoms and poorer mood. However, lower concentrations of selenium were found to be even more detrimental to these outcomes.

"Our strongest finding was that young adults with the lowest selenium concentrations reported the most depressive symptoms. Although we did not test the physiological mechanisms, other research shows that oxidative damage to the brain and nervous system contributes to the development of depression. Adequate selenium intake is required for optimal antioxidant defences to protect body tissues from oxidative damage, through glutathione peroxidise, which is a key antioxidant enzyme," says Dr Conner.

"New Zealand has a well-known history of low selenium intake, with many people having intakes below what is required for maximum antioxidant defences. The average blood-serum selenium concentration observed in our study was below what is required for maximum glutathione peroxidase activity, so this suggests many young people in the South Island have intakes of selenium that are too low for optimal selenium status, and could benefit from increasing intakes."

However, whether increasing selenium intakes in young people with low intake could reduce the risk of depression still needs to be tested in clinical trials, Dr Conner adds.

Co-author Dr Jody Miller, a Research Fellow with Otago's Department Human Nutrition, says there is a narrow window of benefit for selenium, and intakes that are too high may also be detrimental to health.

"Some studies show associations between very high selenium intakes and increased risk of diabetes, prostate cancer, and mortality – usually in older adults.

"Our observation that higher selenium concentrations above a certain level were associated with poorer mood means that recommendations to increase selenium intake should be made with caution. Changes in dietary patterns to increase selenium intake without risk of adversely high intakes should be encouraged – supplementation is not recommended because of the risk of excess intake."

"Safe ways to ensure a good selenium intake without the risk of consuming too much include choosing breads made with whole grains, and increasing the consumption of other high selenium foods such as canned fish, nuts and seeds, poultry, and eggs. Brazil nuts are a particularly rich source of selenium, and one or two brazil nuts per day could safely increase selenium intakes without risk of too high an intake."

Dr Miller says the main source of selenium in the New Zealand diet is bread, followed by fish/seafood, then poultry, and eggs. Bread and bakery products in the North Island are mostly made from Australian wheat, which has high selenium content. For the South Island, most breads and bakery products are made with locally grown wheat.

"New Zealand soil is low in selenium, and so the levels of selenium in NZ-grown wheat are low. Therefore, bread would make a greater contribution to selenium intake in the North Island," she says.

New Zealand soil is low in selenium and so locally grown foods tend to be low in selenium. This is the main reason why the selenium intakes of New Zealanders have historically been amongst the lowest in the world.

This is a large study with 978 young adults and blood tests taken for selenium. While there were depressive risks from both too low and too high levels of selenium. The lowest levels were associated with the most depressive symptoms. 

And there are a couple of studies on selenium and sleep that are relevant to sleep problems I suffer from. 

1. Selenium was associated with being able to fall asleep faster.

2. Selenium helps sleep apnea, and in one case completely stopped snoring from non-obesity sleep apnea.

i.e. I have trouble falling asleep quickly, I also snore, and suffer from sleep apnea. And this is even after taking my well rounded stack for a long time. Maybe more things pointing to selenium deficiency?

So let's see if selenium is one of the last pieces of the puzzle for me. I already feel better on it energy wise. Whether it helps with amygdala tickling and emotional flashbacks is to be seen, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. I'm also hoping after a long enough time of supplementing selenium, I can add 500mg ALCAR to my stack, as that might really help things kick off in the mini pop department.

Here's my current stack, all taken at once in the morning:

[] = Dosage of pill, not total dosage

2 x ZMA [Zinc 10mg, Vitamin B6 3.5mg, Magnesium 150mg] (Supplemented/Amazon)

1 x Benfotiamine [150mg] (Doctors Best)

1 x B-Complex (Higher Nature - B-Vital)

1 x Vitamin C [1g] (Any brand is fine as long as it’s ascorbic acid)

1 x Vitamin D [1000 I.U.] (Natures Aid)

1 x Vitamin E (Healthy Origins - E400)

1 x Cod Live Oil [1g] (Natures Aid)

1 x Borage Oil [1g] (Supplemented/Amazon) 

1 x NAC [500mg] (Prowise/Amazon)

1 x Selenium [200mcg] (Life Extension Super Selenium Complex)

1 x Pycnogenol [30mg] (Natures Aid)

1 x Ginger (Natures Aid or Higher Nature)

1 x Turmeric (Nature’s Aid)

Edited by Jesus is King, 08 August 2020 - 11:12 AM.

#195 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 August 2020 - 01:16 PM

I've been looking into glutathione, anandamide, and the amygdala, to see what their interactions are and make a connection. There are a few studies, but some are a bit over my head so I'l leave them for now. But I feel glutathione, anandamide, and the amygdala are all the parts I need to look into.

Regardless I came here to say I will be adding a teaspoon of glycine to my intake, but before bed. As the precursors glycine and NAC taken together have been shown to increase glutathione in studies. So I'm hoping with this and my new addition selenium, I will be able to keep my glutathione levels high.

Also while I pretty much low dose these days, I am also thinking of increasing my NAC to 1.5-2g in the morning (instead of 500mg) to ensure good glutathione levels.

And then eventually and hopefully, being able to add 500mg Alcar back in the morning.

Edited by Jesus is King, 08 August 2020 - 01:19 PM.

#196 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 August 2020 - 09:08 PM

Just an update.

Selenium is amazing stuff. No highs no lows, no mood swings no anger. Steady energy throughout the day, no tiredness, and my libido is way way up!

But what makes this even more amazing is I’ve been tickling my amygdalas and haven’t had any negative reactions. Compare this to where I tried tickling the day before I got selenium and was getting anger and a small emotional flashback, I am literally having none, nada, just emotional stability.

Also I decided to try sea kelp (for iodine) and alcar later on around 4pm. I haven’t been able to take these for a long time now because of an allergic reaction (and coq10), and yet I tolerate them absolutely fine now. 

Another couple of worthy notes is I’m taking a teaspoon of glycine to help with glutathione production along with the selenium and NAC. And I did one last hypnosis session for emotional flashbacks and anger since my last flashback, they do help somewhat as I noted before, but I won’t give it the full credit to preventing emotional flashbacks from tickling, mainly because of the many other evident effects selenium has done unrelated to that session (steady energy, high libido, get out of bed easily when my alarm goes off). 

I will not be upping doses of any of my supplements. I will be adding sea kelp to my morning stack though now I can tolerate it. And though I can tolerate ALCAR, I won’t be adding it just yet, as it’s exacerbating the pain of a neck muscle I pulled a few days ago, but once that heals I’ll be adding it. Lastly since I can tolerate carnitine and iodine again, I’ll probably experiment with coq10 again as I may be able to tolerate it again. And that will be my stack finished.

So eventually my finished stack will look like this:

[] = Dosage of pill, not total dosage

Morning

2 x ZMA [Zinc 10mg, Vitamin B6 3.5mg, Magnesium 150mg] (Supplemented/Amazon)

1 x Benfotiamine [150mg] (Doctors Best)

1 x B-Complex (Higher Nature - B-Vital)

1 x Vitamin C [1g] (Any brand is fine as long as it’s ascorbic acid)

1 x Vitamin D [1000 I.U.] (Natures Aid)

1 x Vitamin E (Healthy Origins - E400)

1 x Cod Live Oil [1g] (Natures Aid)

1 x Borage Oil [1g] (Supplemented/Amazon) 

1 x NAC [500mg] (Prowise/Amazon)

1 x Selenium [200mcg] (Life Extension Super Selenium Complex)

1 x Pycnogenol [30mg] (Natures Aid)

1 x Ginger (Natures Aid or Higher Nature)

1 x Turmeric (Nature’s Aid)

1 x Sea Kelp (Natures Aid)

1 x CoQ10 [Need to test and figure out dosage]

1 x ALCAR [500mg] [once pulled neck muscle heals]

Before Bed

Teaspoon of Glycine Powder

Lavender Oil Pill [80mg] (Kalms)

So now i just have to get back into tickling a lot more again, as it seems my brain and body has all the nutrients it requires now.

#197 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 August 2020 - 08:58 AM

So I wanted to see if I could increase the effects I’ve been getting from 200mcg of selenium by taking 2 sea kelp tablets this morning (300mcg Iodine).

However I stumbled upon a very interesting paper on selenium, iodine, and glutathione.

https://eje.bioscien...e/165/5/745.xml

Abstract
Objective

Iodine deficiency has re-emerged in New Zealand, while selenium status has improved. The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of excess iodine intake as iodate on thyroid and selenium status.

Methods

In a randomized controlled trial on older people (mean±s.d. 73±4.8 years; n=143), two groups received >50 mg iodine as iodate/day for 8 weeks because of supplement formulation error, either with 100 μg selenium (Se+highI) or without selenium (highI). Four other groups received 80 μg iodine as iodate/day with selenium (Se+lowI) or without selenium (lowI), selenium alone (Se+), or placebo. Thyroid hormones, selenium status, and median urinary iodine concentration (MUIC) were compared at weeks 0, 8, and 4 weeks post-supplementation.

Results

MUIC increased nine- and six-fold in Se+highI and highI groups, decreasing to baseline by week 12. Plasma selenium increased in selenium-supplemented groups (P<0.001). The level of increase in whole blood glutathione peroxidase (WBGPx) in the Se+highI group was smaller than Se+ (P=0.020) and Se+lowI (P=0.007) groups. The decrease in WBGPX in the highI group was greater than other non-selenium-supplemented groups, but differences were not significant. Ten of 43 participants exposed to excess iodate showed elevated TSH (hypothyroidism) at week 8. In all but two, TSH had returned to normal by week 12. In three participants, TSH decreased to <0.10 mIU/l (hyperthyroidism) at week 8, remaining low at week 12.

Conclusions

Excess iodate induced hypothyroidism in some participants and hyperthyroidism in others. Most abnormalities disappeared after 4 weeks. Excess iodate reduced WBGPx activity and resulted in smaller increases in WBGPx after selenium supplementation.

Now we know the terms and doses, I found something interesting to me in the full paper.

WBGPx increased by 2.8, 3.1, and 1.0 U/g Hb (6.4, 7.1, and 2.3%) in the Se+, Se+lowI, and Se+highI groups, respectively, significantly greater than the non-selenium-supplemented groups (P<0.0001; Fig. 2). These changes were significantly different among these three groups (P=0.05). The increase in WBGPx in the Se+highI group (+1.0 U/g Hb) was smaller than the Se+ (+2.8 U/g Hb; P=0.020) and the Se+lowI (+3.1 U/g Hb; P=0.007) groups in spite of similar selenium intake (100 μg), but the differences were not significant after adjustment for multiple comparisons (Bonferroni).

As I’m trying to increase my glutathione peroxidase, it seems like 100mcg of selenium and 80mcg of iodine increased this enzyme more than selenium alone (+3.1 vs +2.8).

This interesting to me because of my own experience with 200mcg selenium alone having great results, that the question became do I really need to take iodine? And if that’s the case, how much? Because there’s a lot of contradictory informaction about iodine. And my own bad experiences taking too much iodine in the past. And as the increase in this enzyme was +0.3 more when taking 80mcg of iodine with 100mcg of selenium than just 100mcg selenium alone. I think it will be safe to say I can stick to one sea kelp tablet which gives me 150mcg/100% rda. That is as long as I’m getting the same results as I have been by just taking 200mcg of selenium.

The change in the Se+highI group was also not significantly different from the non-selenium-supplemented groups. A decrease in WBGPx (−1.10 U/g Hb; −2.6%) in the highI group was greater than that for the lowI (−0.38 U/g Hb; −0.9%) and the placebo (−0.27 U/g Hb; −0.6%) groups, but differences were not significant.

Also note glutathione peroxidase decreased in participants taking iodine alone. What makes this interesting is the study is done on New Zealand where selenium levels have improved. However even with that improvement taking iodine alone will reduce glutathione synthesis, so it’s important take selenium whenever supplementing iodine as low as 80mcg if you want better glutathione levels. 

Here’s the graph:

745fig2.jpeg

#198 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 August 2020 - 09:14 AM

Btw I did a lot of tickling yesterday and emotionally I’m feeling very stable. No extreme highs or lows. The tickling gave me more mental energy and excitation, but it wasn’t an extreme out of control high. And no emotional flashbacks or anger.

As long as this keeps up, I can say selenium has helped me immensely. And while not discounting its benefit on my glutathione levels and as an anti oxidant in the brain, taking note from my observations of myself physically, my thyroid is definitely working better. So I think a lot of my problems could have stemmed from being hypothyroid which was caused by low selenium levels.

Regardless this has been a very big improvement for me. It always amazes me that I can cover most of essential nutrients in my stack and struggle with a bad immune system,  low energy, and emotional problems. Then you discover the right deficiency and it makes a world of difference. I remember the same thing when I first discovered how much magnesium helped me back in 2013 for depression and cramps.

#199 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 August 2020 - 10:16 AM

Well I’m not seeing much benefit adding the sea kelp, and some negatives. And I seem to be having great results with selenium alone. 

So I think I’m going to drop any iodine supplementation, even 1 sea kelp tablet of 150mcg, and hope my body has sufficient iodine from my diet.

The crazy thing is my diet is probably somewhat low on iodine, as I limit gluten (cause I’m sensitive to it), and dairy (because I’m lactose intolerant), but I don’t avoid them completely. Regardless my body seems to do fine with diet for iodine + selenium.

The only things I plan on experimenting with now are coq10 and ALCAR. However ALCAR I’ll have to wait until my pulled neck muscle heals. If I still can’t handle ALCAR and coq10, I think my stack will just be find with selenium as my last added supplement.

#200 CalmContact

• 20 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 08:57 PM

Thanks a lot!

I got a 475mg Curcumin (+piperin) Supplement. 

So.. dosages in studies are 10-80mg/kg?
With my 60kg that would be: 600 - 4800mg? (= 2 - 10 pills)

I'll start experimenting with one pill first, if i feel any difference.  

I wanna use it for being more sociable in going out and talking to strangers.
(https://www.longecit...-anxiety/page-3)

Ok, googling side effects and stuff: 

"The Potential Side Effects of Turmeric and Curcumin
  • Turmeric May Limit Iron Absorption. ...
  • Turmeric May Interact With Blood Thinners.
  • Turmeric May Lower Blood Sugar Too Much. ...
  • Turmeric May Cause Kidney Stones. ...
  • Turmeric May Lead to Nausea, Diarrhea, and Headaches.

"

Is curcumin safe to take daily?

High doses of turmeric and curcumin are not recommended long-term since research confirming their safety is lacking. However, the World Health Organization (WHO) has determined 1.4 mg per pound (0–3 mg/kg) of body weight an acceptable daily intake ( 18 )

the average Indian diet provides around 2,000–2,500 mg of turmeric (60–100 mg of curcumin => for a 60kg person 100mg is 1,6mg/kg ) per day

---

So studies use 10-80mg/kg if i am right, 

and who recommends 0-3mg/kg per day for long term intake just because there are no studies on long term effects yet?

--

"About 500 milligrams of curcuminoids a day (for 60kg person this is 8mg/kg) is a good wellness dose for keeping inflammation away and promoting gut health, Scalzo Gaia herbs founder says"

There’s no standard turmeric dosage, but in one study, 1,000 mg relieved arthritis symptoms, while 1.4 grams of turmeric extract helped lower triglycerides and “bad” LDL cholesterol levels in people with high cholesterol.

Powdered turmeric root has traditionally been used as a stimulant and carminative at dosages of 0.5 to 3 g/day. Dosages of 3 to 6 g/day have been investigated for protective effects against ulcers. Analgesic effects (painkilling) have been reported with doses of 1.5 to 2 g/day. Daily oral doses of 3,600 mg have been typically used in clinical trials, but dosages of up to 8 g/day have also been used. Higher doses are associated with adverse GI effects.

Results

Seven of twenty-four subjects (30%) experienced only minimal toxicity that did not appear to be dose-related. No curcumin was detected in the serum of subjects administered 500, 1,000, 2,000, 4,000, 6,000 or 8,000 mg (8000mg for 60kg person would be 133mg/kg). Low levels of curcumin were detected in two subjects administered 10,000 or 12,000 mg.

Conclusion

The tolerance of curcumin in high single oral doses appears to be excellent. Given that achieving systemic bioavailability of curcumin or its metabolites may not be essential for colorectal cancer chemoprevention, these findings warrant further investigation for its utility as a long-term chemopreventive agent.

----

I would prefer to take suppliment for my goal of sociabilty / talking to strangers when going out 

'as needed' on the same day. Instead of daily supplementation. 

I would like to have things where i really notice a difference. 

I'll try 2 pills (900mg curcuminoids) - in the morning (about 4h before going out)

(i have no idea how long it takes to kick in and how long it has an effect for)

(and then perhaps try 4 pills a week later if i felt no difference and then perhaps 6 pills a week later and so on)

#201 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 August 2020 - 12:49 AM

Cool keep us updated.

#202 CalmContact

• 20 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 03:06 PM

So update 1:

I first planned to take 1 450mg pill Curcumin (with piper), 

but then i said fuck it and took 5 pills = 2250mg

Took it 11h, 12h, 13h, 14h, then went out from 15-17h and didn't feel any difference at all. 

It was a bad day i judge, i basically didn't talk to anyone nearly.

So i wanna do a pause of 7-14 days and then try

15 pills = 6750mg (in the study side effects started at about 9000mg for some people)

(then if it also doesn't help i'll make another 7day pause and then just take a pill every day or every second day till the bottle is empty)

#203 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 August 2020 - 06:39 PM

I hope I didn’t mislead you. Taking turmeric/curcumin doesn’t cause me to go out and make conversations with people. It’s just when I am talking or interacting with people, I don’t feel anxiety/awkwardness like I usually would.

#204 CalmContact

• 20 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 07:30 PM

Yea, i realize i think i don't really need 'anti-anxiety'.. 

cbd didn't have a positive effect, and propranolol also didn't, just lsd micro - which is more mood booster i guess. (I don't know what the best word for that is 'mood boosting', 'sociability`?...) 

What term should i search for / look for to find alternatives to micro lsd which raises my mood? 

#205 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2020 - 09:56 AM

Try drinking some cocoa. Get some real cocoa powder from the supermarket, I use Cadbury’s bourneville. Put 2 teaspoon in boiling water, add sugar, and drink.

Cocoa has theobromine and anandamide in it, that could make you more sociable.

• Agree x 1

#206 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2020 - 12:25 AM

https://bipolarnews.org/?p=3479

N-acetylcysteine Reduces Self-Harm, Restores Amygdala Connectivity in Young Women
NOVEMBER 6, 2015 · POSTED IN CURRENT TREATMENTS  

Dollarphotoclub_89969202.jpgN-acetylcysteine (NAC) is an anti-oxidant nutritional supplement that has been found to reduce a wide range of habitual behaviors, including drug and alcohol use, smoking, trichotillomania (compulsive hair-pulling), and gambling. It also improves depression, anxiety, and obsessive behaviors in adults, as well as irritability and repeated movements in children with autism. A new study suggests NAC may also be able to reduce non-suicidal self-injury, often thought of as “cutting,” in girls aged 13–21.

The open study, presented in a poster by researcher Kathryn Cullen at the 2015 meeting of the Society for Biological Psychiatry, compared magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans of 15 healthy adolescent girls to scans of 22 girls who had been engaging in self-injury, both before and after this latter group received eight weeks of treatment with N-acetylcysteine. Doses were 1200 mg/day for the first two weeks, 2400mg/day for the next two weeks, and 3600mg/day for the final four weeks. The girls also reported their self-injury behaviors.

Treatment with NAC reduced the girls’ self-injury behaviors. The brain scans showed that NAC also increased resting-state functional connectivity between the amygdala and the insula. Connectivity in this region helps people regulate their emotional responses. At baseline, the girls who engaged in self-harm had had deficient connectivity between the amygdala, the prefrontal cortex, insula, and the posterior cingulate cortices compared to the healthy girls, and this improved with the NAC treatment.

#207 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2020 - 05:34 PM

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2825652/

High-Dose Glycine Treatment of Refractory Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and Body Dysmorphic Disorder in a 5-Year Period

W. Louis Cleveland, Robert L. DeLaPaz, [...], and Roger S. Challop

Additional article information

Abstract

This paper describes an individual who was diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) at age 17 when education was discontinued. By age 19, he was housebound without social contacts except for parents. Adequate trials of three selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, two with atypical neuroleptics, were ineffective. Major exacerbations following ear infections involving Group A β-hemolytic streptococcus at ages 19 and 20 led to intravenous immune globulin therapy, which was also ineffective. At age 22, another severe exacerbation followed antibiotic treatment for H. pylori. This led to a hypothesis that postulates deficient signal transduction by the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR). Treatment with glycine, an NMDAR coagonist, over 5 years led to robust reduction of OCD/BDD signs and symptoms except for partial relapses during treatment cessation. Education and social life were resumed and evidence suggests improved cognition. Our findings motivate further study of glycine treatment of OCD and BDD.

Very interesting study on glycine and OCD. I think it’s one of the popular ones.

I’ve decided I’m going to take my glycine in the morning with my stack. Last night I couldn’t fall asleep. And I had a weird visual hallucination, I mean it wasn’t a significant one. But outside I looked up at the night sky, and I’d see it flash just like lighting every now and then. At first I thought it was lighting, but after not hearing any thunder and having this weird visual phenomenon happen several times, I thought it must have been something to do with the glycine I had taken and something firing off in the brain. I also only noticed it when staring up at the night sky and nowhere else.

Because I went to sleep so late (5am) and had to take 2 nytol (dph) and lavender and turmeric to help me fall asleep (this was after the visual phenomenon), and ended up waking late (12pm), I decided not to take my regular stack today. Instead I drank hot cocoa (2 teaspoons) and tried to sweeten it with 3 teaspoons of glycine. Well that was a bad idea, because about an hour later I ended up gettiny nausea and I had to leave for work in 30 minutes. So I ended up taking 1 kwells, 1 ginger, and doing a quick instant self hypnosis session for the nausea.

I can only attribute the nausea to too much glycine. Even though I’ve had nausea with too much cocoa in the past, drinking 2 teaspoons of the stuff won’t cause it. So I put that down to glycine. So 2 teaspoon it is for me.

And insomnia is not just being caused by the glycine. I think glycine would only have an effect if I take it in the evening. The main thing causing insomnia is selenium, and maybe benfotiamine. I am going to purchase a lower dose of selenium, hopefully 50mcg so I can easily up the dose as needed, but I might only be able to get hold of 100mcg at the moment. Selenium has been a game changer for me, but 200mcg is just too stimulating.

Lastly I want to explain a few other observations.

My libido was extremely high again yesterday after a period of low days, having to do the deed twice. The same thing happened on the 4th day of when I started taking selenium, I had to do the deed twice because my libido was sky high, before going low for a few more days and then coming back full force yesterday. 

The times I’ve been taking glycine near to bed. I do notice sometimes when I’m trying to sleep, I go kinda blank, like I’m awake but blank. It reminds me of like a deep trance, and think selenium might be an aid for self hypnosis.

And after having ingested 3 teaspoons of glycine this morning, I felt very calm while at work, much more balancing. I also believe glycine might have a role in helping my anhedonia slightly.

Last year when I experimented with sarcosine, I would become hypomanic, and that acts like a glycine reuptake inhibitor, this is why I dropped the sarcosine and just kept taking NAC instead. There are reports too much glycine may cause hypomania also, though I haven’t experienced it, not experimented with higher that 3 teaspoons. But glycine, anhedonia, and hypomania are all interesting connections.

So selenium and glycine are definitely 100% mainstay for me, but their doses will need tweaking. I might not be able to add alcar or coq10 to my stack as it’s already quite stimulating, so I might forgo them if it was a choice between them and selenium and glycine, as the latter 2 seem to be having very interesting results. Hopefully I can lower my dose of selenium, while still getting the benefits and reducing insomnia, and also add the last 2 supplements I want to add (coq10, alcar).

#208 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 August 2020 - 09:20 AM

Firstly and most importantly, the feeling method works. I get excitation in my mood and behaviour from it. Only problem is the emotions are so strong, it is hard to act normally, though I don’t act as abnormally as I use to. I’ve also noticed the feeling method and inhaling go hand in hand, in the sense that I become more aware of my breath hitting the top of my mouth/bottom of my nose. It also feels like my eyes open up slightly more and by brain awakens slightly more. I think the best way for me when I forget how to do this method, is smell something really nice (as the amygdala response is connected directly to smell). I noticed the feeling method when I smelt this really strong lemon soap, and you can notice the smell/feeling go up from your nostrils into the brain, it’s the same or similar feeling to the feeling method.

Which brings me to my next point, I haven’t had another emotional flashback since taking selenium, glycine, and doing instant self hypnosis. But I need to control the excitation amygdala tickling causes me, to act normally whatever strong emotions I’m feeling, which I will try to address in my hypnosis sessions.

As for experiences. At times there have been some smiles, some excitation, playing music really loud and enjoying it, one time deep empathy, and another time a brain zap. But I think the most noticeable thing are memories. I seem to start remembering random memories from childhood, nothing terrible or great, I just seem to be accessing random memories. It also feels like my general memory and cognition has improved, and I’ve been getting more brain energy lately.

I got high last night for the first time in a long time. Usually when I’ve tickled a lot I get some different perspective experiences, which also happened last night. First of all getting high has always made me super paranoid, this time not so much (even though I was slightly); it may have been less stronger than usual as it was mixed with tobaccco, but I think whatever methods or supplements I’ve been using, hypnosis, selenium, glycine, has helped in this area. I think even during the day I’m just a bit more relaxed with my environment, little anxiety and fear. But the one perspective I noticed the most when high, is the lack of awareness one has with their actions and speech when driven strongly by emotion or excitation, or at least in my case. So my focus will be to continue tickling, but also controlling behaviour and speech to be normal when I’m feeling strong emotions or excitation from tickling, and I’ll try using hypnosis for this.

#209 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2020 - 01:14 PM

Tyrosine is a great supplement. It makes me laugh my ass off when I watch something funny. I definitely have a dopamine problem, but the problem with tyrosine is it's effects will not last because your body will lower (down regulate) the enzyme that converts it into dopamine. Also if you take too much of it, you start to get pissed off easily (agitation), and it can cause anxiety. I'm going to have to experiment with it more, but sadly all my supplements are at home at the moment since I'm moving out of this house.  

This is something I wrote 2013-06-20 on a different forum. Just looking for clues.

Tyrosine seemed to make me laugh my ass off, something welcoming over the anhedonia I experience. Since taking selenium my life improved a lot. A lot of this felt like thyroid function, a more stimulated feeling, but no day time tiredness, also libido shot up. And we know tyrosine has effects on the thyroid as well as dopamine, so that's the connection I'm making at the moment. I do remember tyrosine killing my procrastination, but also made me pissed off at the same time, and that its effects quickly wear off in certain aspects, I'm hoping by experimenting with pills rather than powder this time, lower doses of 500mg, I might be able to give me a boost longer term.

Okay looking through old posts on this other forum for clues, first of all my mini pop was on 2011-02-03. This forum posts as american dates, so that is Feb 3rd 2011.

Now I found some more postings by me slightly after that date (2011-04-11/April 11th):

• (D1) Exercise – I did an ok workout today, but I feel it will get better as I continue to eat healthily, take my supplements. May not take tyrosine before work out, replace with ALCAR. 

So 2 months 8 days after I had my mini pop, I was contemplating replacing tyrosine with ALCAR for the gym. So while I cannot know for sure, I may have not been taking ALCAR around the time of my mini pop, but may have been taking tyrosine. 

Post from 2012-09-27:

Lithium Orotate

I've never had crippling anxiety or depression, I'm just your normal lad with normal ups and downs in life. However what this supplement has done for me is just out of this world. You feel like your on a constant high, your happy, anxiety vanishes, and you feel like king. Almost like how human beings should feel like everyday. I'm still level headed, think clearly, and rational, but I have a super-confidence that makes me do things I would of be too scared to do normally. It's like your not worried about getting embarrassed, and even when other people on downers, or trying to make you feel down, you logically think you should be hurting, but you aren't. It's like today my friend was giving me some constructive criticism about last night, and usually even if it is genuine advice, it hurts when your told these things, but not today! I'm also taking tyrosine powder to boost it's effects. 

While this post is a lot longer afterward, it seems I was still experimenting with tyrosine, and lithium orotate. Lithium being known to increase tyrosine hydroxylase. I remember dropping lithium as it would end up causing brain fog.

Okay now lets look at a more recent experiment I did with Vitamin C: https://www.longecit...c-effect/page-1

Wow, what a difference 9 days can make to your well being (when megadosing vitamin C). My brain feels more awake and clear and I'm full of energy. I feel like I can conquer the world with my new sense of health. I don't have brain fog, I don't have sleepiness, I don't have low energy, I'm full of confidence and it shows in my interactions. I didn't even know I had low energy until I felt this high energy I've been feeling lately. 

Today I woke up (albeit I slept in because it's a Sunday), and I noticed my mind is so refreshed and awake.

I haven't been able to test my memory or learning ability, because even though I'm meant to be studying programming (to increase my career prospects), and even though I have all this energy, awakefullness, and clarity at the moment; I still suffer from stupid procrastination. Seems like no amount of health and vitality will bypass that psychological barrier. 

However getting back into an exercise regime is so very highly likely. Because my energy levels use to generally be normal/low, and then use to dip in the evening even more, thus making going to the gym much more of an effort. But now I'm bursting with energy, and this energy is steady throughout the entire day, right until bed time. Going to the gym in the late evening seems very plausible.

I bolded and highlighted the last part, because I wanted to emphasis to you what I'm experiencing. My high energy, mind, and clarity is constant throughout the entire day, without any dips!

Please note I took:

1g of DLPA on Thursday

500mg of DLPA on Friday

225mg of DLPA on Saturday (but also contained 200mg Bromelain, 1mg Astaxanthin)

I could tell I needed less and less DLPA, and it was still working just as well. Since my DLPA only supplement came in 500mg. I had to take this DLPA complex instead, which contained less DLPA (225mg), but also contained those 2 other ingredients I aforementioned. Still this low dosage of the DLPA was enough for me.

So yesterday I took that low dose of DLPA complex in the morning. And I was awake will full energy and clarity up until 1:30am in the early morning, where I had to force myself to go to bed because I knew it was late, but my energy could have kept me up for another few hours no problem. I was also surprised I fell asleep quickly too. Also note I took high doses of vitamin C throughout the day as usual.

I have other things to talk about, but I'll end this post of these experiences here, as the next post will contain other hypothesis' and ideas. 

I remember that day. I felt so alive. My brain and mental energy was through the roof. However I was never able to recreate the mental/brain energy with subsequent experiments of mega dosing vitamin c, even when I switched to lipsomal vitamin c and was taking even higher doses. But those subsequent experiments did not use DLPA. The link here is between DLPA, tyrosine, thyroid, and dopamine. But there is one more connection.

Basically since the discovery of DMAE and it giving me emotional stability and preventing emotional flashbacks completely. Plus that daily cocoa drinking this past month. And the occasional euphoria. Well things are seriously looking up, not one of those times I thought the supplement was working and would then get another emotional flashback, so I'm optimistic, but need to give it a few more months. We can use this post as a marker, 7th of March, to see if I experience 1 emotional flashback from now on.

Another post:

5. I've drank cocoa for 26 days in a row now. My memory has improved significantly, I'm remembering memories from my life more and more each day. My memory was pretty bad before this, short term and long term, they'd be things my friends would say do you remember this or that event I wouldn't remember any of it. Anyway I mostly attribute my increase in memory to cocoa and amygdala tickling. I wrote a little bit more of this here: https://www.longecit...te/#entry886520

6. The other day I was very high on life and experiencing euphoria listening loudly and singing along to gospel music. 

Any experience with cocoa powder resulting in euphoria?

renderTimingPixel.png

I've been eating chocolate for my whole life obviously, but recently I mixed cocoa powder with coconut oil and MCT oil, with a high concentration of cocoa. I leave it to solidify in the fridge. For 3 days, I would take about two teaspoons in the morning with coffee and vitamin D, and it would give me a very intense feeling of pleasure that lasts for a few hours. I can concentrate better on studies and get a strong desire to listen to music.

I tried taking plain cocoa powder (with the coffee), but it doesn't seem to have the same effect. The vitamin D probably has no contribution, but is there any data on cocoa mixed with other ingredients that can alter/enhance its effect? Any similar anecdotal experiences?

Cocoa. From my past experiences has given me euphoria. Also the last quote is from someone else's experience with cocoa.

Now I haven't been drinking cocoa at all lately because it's also very stimulating. Cocoa also contains anandamide, PEA, caffeine, and theobromine.

But with my vitamin C experiment with DLPA and that mental energy high, as well as my previous experiences with tyrosine. I want to now experiment with DLPA in my stack rather than go back to cocoa. I've also bought some tyrosine in 500mg pills, but may experiment with them at a later date, mainly due to the fact tyrosine causes homeostasis quickly.

While DLPA won't increase my anandamide like cocoa. It will increase my PEA, tyrosine, thyroid hormones, and dopamine. So it will be interesting if I can experience the mental energy and great feeling again just taking DLPA with my morning stack. If I don't get the results I'm wanting, I will experiment with 500mg of DLPA and 500mg of tyrosine, though I hope DLPA alone will work.

While I don't have time to write more now, here's what a quick google search brought up: https://www.research...efrontal_cortex

It is known that psychostimulants stimulate dopamine transmission in the nucleus accumbens. In the present study, we examined the effects of systemically administered beta-phenylethylamine (beta-PEA), a psychomotor-stimulating trace amine, on dopamine concentrations in the nucleus accumbens and prefrontal cortex in freely moving rats, using an in vivo microdialysis technique. Intraperitoneal administration of beta-PEA (12.5 and 25 mg/kg) significantly increased extracellular dopamine levels in the nucleus accumbens shell. The observed increase in the dopamine concentration in nucleus accumbens shell dialysate after intraperitoneal administration of 25 mg/kg beta-PEA was inhibited by pre-treatment with a dopamine uptake inhibitor, GBR12909 (10 mg/kg, i.p.). In contrast, beta-PEA (25 mg/kg, i.p.) did not affect dopamine release in the nucleus accumbens core. Although a high dose of beta-PEA (50 mg/kg) significantly increased dopamine levels in the nucleus accumbens core, the dopamine increasing effect of beta-PEA was more potent in the nucleus accumbens shell. Systemic administration of 12.5 and 25 mg/kg beta-PEA also increased extracellular dopamine levels in the prefrontal cortex of rats. However, systemic 25 mg/kg beta-PEA-induced increases in extracellular dopamine levels were not blocked by GBR12909 within the prefrontal cortex. These results suggest that beta-PEA has a greater effect in the shell than in the core and low-dose beta-PEA stimulates dopamine release in the nucleus accumbens shell through uptake by a dopamine transporter. Similarly, beta-PEA increased extracellular dopamine levels in the prefrontal cortex. Thus, beta-PEA may increase extracellular dopamine concentrations in the mesocorticolimbic pathway.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#210 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2020 - 01:23 PM

https://www.frontier...2019.00821/full

N-Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) is a non-endocannabinoid lipid mediator belonging to the class of the N-acylethanolamine phospolipids and was firstly isolated from soy lecithin, egg yolk, and peanut meal. Either preclinical or clinical studies indicate that PEA is potentially useful in a wide range of therapeutic areas, including eczema, pain, and neurodegeneration. PEA-containing products are already licensed for use in humans as a nutraceutical, a food supplement, or a food for medical purposes, depending on the country. PEA is especially used in humans for its analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties and has demonstrated high safety and tolerability. Several preclinical in vitro and in vivo studies have proven that PEA can induce its biological effects by acting on several molecular targets in both central and peripheral nervous systems. These multiple mechanisms of action clearly differentiate PEA from classic anti-inflammatory drugs and are attributed to the compound that has quite unique anti(neuro)inflammatory properties. According to this view, preclinical studies indicate that PEA, especially in micronized or ultramicronized forms (i.e., formulations that maximize PEA bioavailability and efficacy), could be a potential therapeutic agent for the effective treatment of different pathologies characterized by neurodegeneration, (neuro)inflammation, and pain. In particular, the potential neuroprotective effects of PEA have been demonstrated in several experimental models of Alzheimer’s disease. Interestingly, a single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) case study reported that a mild cognitive impairment (MCI) patient, treated for 9 months with ultramicronized-PEA/luteolin, presented an improvement of cognitive performances. In the present review, we summarized the current preclinical and clinical evidence of PEA as a possible therapeutic agent in Alzheimer’s disease. The possible PEA neuroprotective mechanism(s) of action is also described.

Interesting. When I had my mini pop, around that time at uni I would regularly ingest 6 raw egg yolks a day. Maybe a connection to PEA and egg yolks?

The first evidence of the potential benefit of FAEs was found in the early 1940s, when Coburn and Moore (1943) reported the antipyretic properties of the dried chicken egg yolk in children with rheumatic fever. Ten years later, the lipid fraction from egg yolk was identified as the component responsible for this effect (Coburn et al, 1954), and it was also shown to be effective in reducing experimental allergy (Long and Martin, 1956). PEA was then identified to be the active component of this lipid fraction (Kuehl et al, 1957), and later, it was also found to be present in mammalian tissue (Bachur et al, 1965). After the discovery of its anti-inflammatory properties, PEA has been clinically tested and used to treat respiratory symptoms caused by the influenza virus (Masek et al, 1974).

https://www.nature.c...icles/npp201225

The history of palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) started in 1954 with a publication addressing the anti-inflammatory properties of egg yolk.1 The finding that egg yolk appeared to be some sort of “protomedical diet food” and the fact that extracts from egg yolk and peanut oil had anti-inflammatory activity were discussed in that paper. That anti-inflammatory compound would later be known as PEA.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3744360/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amygdala, visualization, frontal lobes, brain exercise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users