* * * * - 14 votes

C60 experiments @ home

buckyball c60 fullerene buckyballs

• Please log in to reply
3585 replies to this topic

#2431 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

Yeah but... Age spots aren't caused by lipofuscin accumulation. Instead of revisiting that myth, it would be a lot more interesting to examine whether or not c60 causes Age Spots to fade, and if so, what is the mechanism for that?
  • Disagree x 1

#2432 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:04 PM

I think we need to get to the bottom of this age spot = lipofuscin thing. The authoritative sources that I'm aware of are saying that age spots are just melanin. They are also called Solar Lentigines, (sing. = lentigo) a lesion characterized by hyperplasia of melanocytes. Do the spots you guys are talking about look like this? I think the blog linked above just has it wrong.

Centrophenoxine isn't active against lipofuscin.

Edit: We have a whole thread on lipofuscin. (one of at least two, probably more) See this post by Michael, and others in that thread.

I can see this has already been a dividing question which has crept into the c60 experiments @ home thread. My bad for bringing it up.

http://www.longecity...n-accumulation/

Niner, what is your take on Glutathione? Is it active against lipofuscin or is it involved in AGE breaking of melanin?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2433 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

Yeah but... Age spots aren't caused by lipofuscin accumulation. Instead of revisiting that myth, it would be a lot more interesting to examine whether or not c60 causes Age Spots to fade, and if so, what is the mechanism for that?

Yes, Is it possible that c60 is what is causing the liver spots to fade? It seems to me that I have heard of people's scars fading. I wonder if something is happening at the DNA level which controls skin color. Perhaps c60's ability to "clean-up" inside cells may deal with some chemical short circuits in the DNA area controlling color. I'm reaching here.

Edited by solarfingers, 09 June 2013 - 11:21 PM.

#2434 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

I have an age spot on my left hand. I first noticed it a few years ago. I do spend time at the beach in the summer and I used to get moderately tan. I have fair skin .
For what it's worth, I have not noticed any diminishment in the spot since beginning C60OO seven months ago.

#2435 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:07 AM

I have an age spot on my left hand. I first noticed it a few years ago. I do spend time at the beach in the summer and I used to get moderately tan. I have fair skin .
For what it's worth, I have not noticed any diminishment in the spot since beginning C60OO seven months ago.

As an experiment, have you tried applying the c60-oo topically?

#2436 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:31 AM

Yes, Is it possible that c60 is what is causing the liver spots to fade? It seems to me that I have heard of people's scars fading. I wonder if something is happening at the DNA level which controls skin color. Perhaps c60's ability to "clean-up" inside cells may deal with some chemical short circuits in the DNA area controlling color. I'm reaching here.

It might be... As for scars, I'm less certain. I think that people may be confusing wound healing with scars. It's normal for wounds to be darker than the surrounding skin for a long time after the initial healing, and they gradually return to the same color as the surrounding skin, or often to a slightly lighter color. If people are observing this process, it is normal behavior. If I had to speculate on a mechanism for the fading of age spots, I would guess that stem cells were involved, but that's just a guess. Maybe there is some redox chemistry going on. That's another guess that might explain fading- essentially a bleaching effect . Lentigines have an excess of melanocytes- the creation of other cell types would "dilute" them. I'm not sure what you mean by "clean-up". The only thing that I think c60 is doing that would fall under that category would be reacting with superoxide.

#2437 jsargent

• 28 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:53 AM

I'm really curious now about the lipofuscin / age spot connection, or lack thereof. I have always understood that the pigment coloring age spots was primarily lipofuscin, and that seems to be the prevailing wisdom. That's not to say that lipofuscin causes the age spot, but it's the result of the processes which cause the age spot. If such is a myth, I'd like to see some evidence of that. As to whether or not C60 evoo diminishes age spots, that's what I am observing.

#2438 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:20 AM

I have always understood that the pigment coloring age spots was primarily lipofuscin, and that seems to be the prevailing wisdom. That's not to say that lipofuscin causes the age spot, but it's the result of the processes which cause the age spot. If such is a myth, I'd like to see some evidence of that.

Rabinovitz HS, Barnhill RL. Benigh Melanocytic Neoplasms. In: Bolognia JL, Jorizzo JL, Schaffer JV, et al, eds.Dermatology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa: Mosby Elsevier; 2012:chap 112.

Habif TM. Light-related diseases and disorders of pigmentation. In: Habif TP, ed. Clinical Dermatology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa: Mosby Elsevier;2009:chap 19.

#2439 jsargent

• 28 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:30 AM

I have always understood that the pigment coloring age spots was primarily lipofuscin, and that seems to be the prevailing wisdom. That's not to say that lipofuscin causes the age spot, but it's the result of the processes which cause the age spot. If such is a myth, I'd like to see some evidence of that.

Rabinovitz HS, Barnhill RL. Benigh Melanocytic Neoplasms. In: Bolognia JL, Jorizzo JL, Schaffer JV, et al, eds.Dermatology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa: Mosby Elsevier; 2012:chap 112.

Habif TM. Light-related diseases and disorders of pigmentation. In: Habif TP, ed. Clinical Dermatology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa: Mosby Elsevier;2009:chap 19.

Do you have a direct link to either of those references or can you be so kind as to cut and paste the pertinent passages? I wouldn't bother you to do so but I subscribe to neither journal.

#2440 Chupo

• 321 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

Re: lipofuscin:

Portion rats in a life span study were fed three diets which differed in the quantity and quality of total fats but were supplied in calorically equal amounts. In an attempt to comparing aging rates, we used a combination of tests involving different organ systems. This holistic approach to measuring aging included the assessment of changes in multifactorially regulated systems of glucose homeostasis and oxygen consumption; changes in tension responses of the extracellular protein collagen and accumulation of lipofuscin pigment in adrenal glands were also measured. Glucose tolerance and oxygen consumption changed in age largely as expected and there were no consistent differences between the aging rates for the three different diets. Accumulation of the intracellular aging pigment lipofuscin and the breaking time of tail tendons also showed the expected increases with increasing age. Dietary differences were noted with the 2-year-old rats consuming the low fat stock diet showing the greatest accumulation of lipofuscin and the longest tail tendon breaking times.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7229275

#2441 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:49 AM

Yesterday I woke up 11am after 6hrs sleep then worked and half worked at stages until 5:30am, I slept at 6:30 and woke at 5:30 this afternoon..

Its great, this is my old pattern and old self of a few years ago.

But why could this be? what could be making me suddenly sleep well? My problem of the last 2 years was that even after staying awake for days, I could only sleep 5 or 6 hours max.

Could this be a bad thing?

Edited by Adamzski, 10 June 2013 - 08:50 AM.

#2442 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

Do you have a direct link to either of those references or can you be so kind as to cut and paste the pertinent passages? I wouldn't bother you to do so but I subscribe to neither journal.

Those are dermatology textbooks, as this is textbook knowledge. I don't have links or access to them, but you might find them in Google Books. Did you not believe the Mayo Clinic article link and arguments in this post, or my subsequent link to Michael's post?

#2443 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

Yesterday I woke up 11am after 6hrs sleep then worked and half worked at stages until 5:30am, I slept at 6:30 and woke at 5:30 this afternoon..

Its great, this is my old pattern and old self of a few years ago.

But why could this be? what could be making me suddenly sleep well? My problem of the last 2 years was that even after staying awake for days, I could only sleep 5 or 6 hours max.

Could this be a bad thing?

That sounds like c60-oo. People have reported greater endurance from using it...

#2444 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

I usually have kind of more endurance, regularly work 24hrs straight, reguarly skip a nights sleep. C60 has made me sleep more, Im sure I could not make it through a 36hr work day at the moment.

#2445 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

I usually have kind of more endurance, regularly work 24hrs straight, reguarly skip a nights sleep. C60 has made me sleep more, Im sure I could not make it through a 36hr work day at the moment.

When you were a teen you most likely slept allot. As we age our bodies create less Melatonin. This is why the elderly have such a hard time sleeping. If c60-oo is ramping up the body's mechanisms then there could very well be some rejuvenating effects which could require sleep to recharge. More sleep is usually never a problem and I would think it's a good thing.

#2446 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

I could use more sleep. Maybe I should try it out soon, although, all of the reports of widely varying effects, really strikes me as placebo effect. The only way C60oo could have such wide ranging effects, is if it is truly working as a global anti-aging substance at the cellular level. I still think that is quite a stretch based on a tiny mouse study. That said, a big thanks to everyone who is experimenting! The (mostly anecdotal) data we have is not high quality but it adds to our knowledge base.

Edited by Mind, 10 June 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#2447 jsargent

• 28 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

Those are dermatology textbooks, as this is textbook knowledge. I don't have links or access to them, but you might find them in Google Books. Did you not believe the Mayo Clinic article link and arguments in this post, or my subsequent link to Michael's post?

I'm not trying to be confrontational here. Just trying to determine the truth. The Mayo article link was a short quip about age spots being composed of clumped melanin and lipofuscin is not mentioned. As to my "belief" in information put out by the Mayo Clinic, just because it's the Mayo Clinic, I'll just say that these are the same folks who routinely dismiss the validity of dietary supplements for health and longevity, despite evidence to the contrary. Just because they make a flat statement does not mean I believe it, or disbelieve it. In fact, I've run across other sources stating lipofuscin is involved as well as melanin and others say it's primarily lipofuscin, while others say it's only melanin. Nobody is saying lipofuscin causes age spots but is the result of peroxidation of unsaturated fatty acids brought about by UV light damage to melanin producing cells. It seems plausible that aggregated melanin along with lipofuscin comprise the pigments within age spots, but perhaps lipofuscin is not involved at all. Frankly, I can't determine from what I'm reading if the pigment is 100% melanin or some mixture of melanin and lipofuscin.

#2448 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

I could use more sleep. Maybe I should try it out soon, although, all of the reports of widely varying effects, really strikes me as placebo effect. The only way C60oo could have such wide ranging effects, is if it is truly working as a global anti-aging substance at the cellular level. I still think that is quite a stretch based on a tiny mouse study. That said, a big thanks to everyone who is experimenting! The (mostly anecdotal) data we have is not high quality but it adds to our knowledge base.

I understand and know there are many wild and varied claims... I would not really think that age spots could disappear, nasolabial lines decrease, scars disappear and endurance measurably increase but also I do not think people are lying. Without actual properly taken photos and properly recorded data then these people themselves can not be sure even.

Posted Image
Here is a pic of me about an hour ago at my office, 2am here, the pics in good light and is slightly dark, if I was pushing a sup I sold then I could upload a terrible pic of myself from 3 weeks ago when I just come off a 6 week period of sleeping only a few hours if any per day and working like a maniac. balooned eyes.. looking like crap... I am closer to 36 than 35 now.. and look like crap after hard drinking periods or hard working/no sleeping periods. I have been sleeping a lot and that is the main thing, I am also getting almost daily free treatments of high priced $200-$400 per item cosmecuticals from a company that I am doing some work with here in Korea http://www.rene-cell.com/ their stuff seems legit, I had a deep skin peel where I litteraly rubbed my hands over my face to remove skin, I peeled all my skin off in a session and experianced no redness or iritation whatsoever, that seems imposible to me as I have done plenty of LA and HA peels in the past experiencing redness for days with only slight peeling.
I have also started weights hardcore again.
The crazy hardcore eyebags that I thought only surgery could get rid of are disappearing. Consistent 8hr or more sleep over the last few weeks is all that was needed.

a few years ago I went through a period where I looked after myself a lot, stopped drinking/smoking and used high a high priced 5 step skin program, well I ended up 4-5 years younger after that and really I had never looked better in my life. then... http://www.longecity...h-cigs-and-alc/ I had some bad times.. Have been getting better and better over this last year but I am now really returning to my period of a few years ago and reversing the outward appearance of age.

If the C60 is helping a lot, then I think it must have some detriment somewhere.. there must be some double edged sword aspect.

#2449 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

This certainly is not my field. At the least if c60 is scavenging at the cellular level wouldn't that cause something on a global level? My guess is you're going to see positive effects on many levels but I could be attributing too much to it I admit. That's just plain optimism.

#2450 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

I had the impression that dark spots on the skin were clones of cells which mutated such that they produced more melanin.

#2451 zen

• 139 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:17 PM

.... Frankly, I can't determine from what I'm reading if the pigment is 100% melanin or some mixture of melanin and lipofuscin.

I have found an old post about lipofuscin by Aubrey de Grey which I think is quite interesting http://www.bio.net/b...ary/003561.html
  • like x 1

#2452 jsargent

• 28 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

.... Frankly, I can't determine from what I'm reading if the pigment is 100% melanin or some mixture of melanin and lipofuscin.

I have found an old post about lipofuscin by Aubrey de Grey which I think is quite interesting http://www.bio.net/b...ary/003561.html

Thank you. Well... despite the melanin lipofuscin question which is still nagging me, my original observation is what's important. EVOO C60 definitely reduced my age spots. No question. I have taken no other supplements other than what I always take over the past six months and the age spots on my face are completely gone. Most of the spots on my hands and arms are gone as well and those that are left are fading week by week. Another observation fwiw: A couple of weeks ago I was out in the sun from dawn till dark, without sunscreen or even a hat and I did not burn at all. This is all very odd. Very odd indeed.
  • like x 1

#2453 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

Thank you. Well... despite the melanin lipofuscin question which is still nagging me, my original observation is what's important. EVOO C60 definitely reduced my age spots. No question. I have taken no other supplements other than what I always take over the past six months and the age spots on my face are completely gone. Most of the spots on my hands and arms are gone as well and those that are left are fading week by week. Another observation fwiw: A couple of weeks ago I was out in the sun from dawn till dark, without sunscreen or even a hat and I did not burn at all. This is all very odd. Very odd indeed.

What? We'll never be able to tell your a leopard without your spots!

#2454 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

EVOO C60 definitely reduced my age spots. No question. I have taken no other supplements other than what I always take over the past six months and the age spots on my face are completely gone. Most of the spots on my hands and arms are gone as well and those that are left are fading week by week. Another observation fwiw: A couple of weeks ago I was out in the sun from dawn till dark, without sunscreen or even a hat and I did not burn at all. This is all very odd. Very odd indeed.

The reduction in sunburn has been reported by a number of people. Whether or not this means that we're being protected from UV damage is an open question- we might still be getting damage without the burn. One of the problems with bad burns is that they are followed by peeling, which is all your apoptotically competent cells committing suicide. That in itself probably isn't so bad, but the problem is that they leave behind the apoptotically INcompetent cells, which may later go on to form various kinds of skin cancer. Therefore, it seems like burn reduction is probably a long term win.

I wish I had taken some properly focused and well lit pictures of my arm before I started taking c60. It looks better than I remember it, but I could be imagining that. I hope we can get some volunteers with age spots to do some proper before/after photography.

#2455 free10

• 152 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:04 PM

EVOO C60 definitely reduced my age spots. No question. I have taken no other supplements other than what I always take over the past six months and the age spots on my face are completely gone. Most of the spots on my hands and arms are gone as well and those that are left are fading week by week. Another observation fwiw: A couple of weeks ago I was out in the sun from dawn till dark, without sunscreen or even a hat and I did not burn at all. This is all very odd. Very odd indeed.

The reduction in sunburn has been reported by a number of people. Whether or not this means that we're being protected from UV damage is an open question- we might still be getting damage without the burn. One of the problems with bad burns is that they are followed by peeling, which is all your apoptotically competent cells committing suicide. That in itself probably isn't so bad, but the problem is that they leave behind the apoptotically INcompetent cells, which may later go on to form various kinds of skin cancer. Therefore, it seems like burn reduction is probably a long term win.

I wish I had taken some properly focused and well lit pictures of my arm before I started taking c60. It looks better than I remember it, but I could be imagining that. I hope we can get some volunteers with age spots to do some proper before/after photography.

On the subject of burns/C60 and peeling, I can tell you I had two of the strangest ever a few days after taking my first dose or two of C60. I am 65 and not in great health and had a busted outside coper water pipe in February and went out to fix it. For a number of reasons the propane torch I was using to solder fell over and the flame raked my right hand on the palm, but I kept working though the pain was high. The next day went out to fix it again or try too and had the same accident except the torches flame nailed my left hand on the inside of my pointing finger. Both times intense pain for about 4 hours and then the pain vanished, and no blistering or redness. Very weird to me. Now it got stranger about 5 day to a week later when I noticed the skin felt rough on my right hand where I burned it and I picked at it and a layer of plastic like skin peeled right off, and a new fresh layer of skin was underneath. The other burn on the left hand did exactly the same thing a few days later. No scaring, or redness, and no lost of touch or sensation. I have had sunburns worse than this when I was young and this was a torch.

I have to wonder if it doesn't provide some protection from burns period or the after effects. I had only taken one or two doses of probably around 1/4- 1/2 teaspoon prior to the torch accidents.
  • like x 1

#2456 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

Man, that does sound like stem cells at work...

#2457 free10

• 152 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:02 AM

Man, that does sound like stem cells at work...

Whatever happened with me and the burns is pretty strange to me. Now at first I just wrote off the initial reaction of lack of blistering and quick dying out of the pain and redness within hours as just a great antioxidant effect of the C60, but peeling back that plastic like skin a week or so later and and seeing what looked to be fully developed new skin was kind of mind blowing especially at my age. I plan on keep taking the C60 and see where it leads me and it has been about 4 months now.

If GDF-11 can regenerate almost anything in rats who knows what can be done by a single molecule or peptide.

#2458 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:10 AM

C60-oo is a mitochondrial antioxidant. Check this out, with respect to burn injuries:

FASEB J. 2013 Jun;27(6):2521-30. doi: 10.1096/fj.12-220764. Epub 2013 Mar 12.
Mitochondria-targeted antioxidant promotes recovery of skeletal muscle mitochondrial function after burn trauma assessed by in vivo 31P nuclear magnetic resonance and electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy.
Righi V, Constantinou C, Mintzopoulos D, Khan N, Mupparaju SP, Rahme LG, Swartz HM, Szeto HH, Tompkins RG, Tzika AA.

1NMR Surgical Laboratory, Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General and Shriners Hospitals, Harvard Medical School, 51 Blossom St., Rm. 261, Boston, MA 02114, USA. atzika@hms.harvard.edu.

Burn injury causes a major systemic catabolic response that is associated with mitochondrial dysfunction in skeletal muscle. We investigated the effects of the mitochondria-targeted peptide antioxidant Szeto-Schiller 31 (SS-31) on skeletal muscle in a mouse burn model using in vivo phosphorus-31 nuclear magnetic resonance ((31)P NMR) spectroscopy to noninvasively measure high-energy phosphate levels; mitochondrial aconitase activity measurements that directly correlate with TCA cycle flux, as measured by gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC-MS); and electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) to assess oxidative stress. At 6 h postburn, the oxidative ATP synthesis rate was increased 5-fold in burned mice given a single dose of SS-31 relative to untreated burned mice (P=0.002). Furthermore, SS-31 administration in burned animals decreased mitochondrial aconitase activity back to control levels. EPR revealed a recovery in redox status of the SS-31-treated burn group compared to the untreated burn group (P<0.05). Our multidisciplinary convergent results suggest that SS-31 promotes recovery of mitochondrial function after burn injury by increasing ATP synthesis rate, improving mitochondrial redox status, and restoring mitochondrial coupling. These findings suggest use of noninvasive in vivo NMR and complementary EPR offers an approach to monitor the effectiveness of mitochondrial protective agents in alleviating burn injury symptoms.-Righi, V., Constantinou, C., Mintzopoulos, D., Khan, N., Mupparaju, S. P., Rahme, L. G., Swartz, H. M., Szeto, H. H., Tompkins, R. G., and Tzika, A. A. Mitochondria-targeted antioxidant promotes recovery of skeletal muscle mitochondrial function after burn trauma assessed by in vivo (31)P nuclear magnetic resonance and electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy.

PMID: 23482635
PMCID: PMC3659352 [Available on 2014/6/1]

So free10, it looks like you may be the first person to see this effect in a human! I have a pretty nice torch, but I think I'll pass on being the second. It's nice to know that if one of us happens to get burned, our chances of recovery are probably a lot better. Man, there is no end to the power of this stuff! It's kind of a weird feeling to know about this, like we know about a miracle drug only we can't tell anyone because they would think we were crazy...
  • like x 2

#2459 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:29 AM

I do wonder if this supports Turnbuckle's concern about stem cell differentiation? What troubles me is the possibility that no proliferation of stem cells may be occurring during this healing process. His concern is that the mitochondria are being stimulated into differation. Do you have the full version of this report? I would be curious if they mention anything about stem cells.

#2460 jsargent

• 28 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:57 AM

C60-oo is a mitochondrial antioxidant. Check this out, with respect to burn injuries:

FASEB J. 2013 Jun;27(6):2521-30. doi: 10.1096/fj.12-220764. Epub 2013 Mar 12.
Mitochondria-targeted antioxidant promotes recovery of skeletal muscle mitochondrial function after burn trauma assessed by in vivo 31P nuclear magnetic resonance and electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy.
Righi V, Constantinou C, Mintzopoulos D, Khan N, Mupparaju SP, Rahme LG, Swartz HM, Szeto HH, Tompkins RG, Tzika AA.

1NMR Surgical Laboratory, Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General and Shriners Hospitals, Harvard Medical School, 51 Blossom St., Rm. 261, Boston, MA 02114, USA. atzika@hms.harvard.edu.

Burn injury causes a major systemic catabolic response that is associated with mitochondrial dysfunction in skeletal muscle. We investigated the effects of the mitochondria-targeted peptide antioxidant Szeto-Schiller 31 (SS-31) on skeletal muscle in a mouse burn model using in vivo phosphorus-31 nuclear magnetic resonance ((31)P NMR) spectroscopy to noninvasively measure high-energy phosphate levels; mitochondrial aconitase activity measurements that directly correlate with TCA cycle flux, as measured by gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC-MS); and electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) to assess oxidative stress. At 6 h postburn, the oxidative ATP synthesis rate was increased 5-fold in burned mice given a single dose of SS-31 relative to untreated burned mice (P=0.002). Furthermore, SS-31 administration in burned animals decreased mitochondrial aconitase activity back to control levels. EPR revealed a recovery in redox status of the SS-31-treated burn group compared to the untreated burn group (P<0.05). Our multidisciplinary convergent results suggest that SS-31 promotes recovery of mitochondrial function after burn injury by increasing ATP synthesis rate, improving mitochondrial redox status, and restoring mitochondrial coupling. These findings suggest use of noninvasive in vivo NMR and complementary EPR offers an approach to monitor the effectiveness of mitochondrial protective agents in alleviating burn injury symptoms.-Righi, V., Constantinou, C., Mintzopoulos, D., Khan, N., Mupparaju, S. P., Rahme, L. G., Swartz, H. M., Szeto, H. H., Tompkins, R. G., and Tzika, A. A. Mitochondria-targeted antioxidant promotes recovery of skeletal muscle mitochondrial function after burn trauma assessed by in vivo (31)P nuclear magnetic resonance and electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy.

PMID: 23482635
PMCID: PMC3659352 [Available on 2014/6/1]

So free10, it looks like you may be the first person to see this effect in a human! I have a pretty nice torch, but I think I'll pass on being the second. It's nice to know that if one of us happens to get burned, our chances of recovery are probably a lot better. Man, there is no end to the power of this stuff! It's kind of a weird feeling to know about this, like we know about a miracle drug only we can't tell anyone because they would think we were crazy...

My sentiments exactly. When I try to tell my friends about it they start rolling their eyes like I'm some religious convert. I've searched my whole life for a real life-extending substance, and here it is but hardly anyone is interested. I swear to God I feel like I'm 36 instead of 56. All these years in the vitamin business trying everything under the sun and all we needed to do was purify soot and mix it with olive oil. Go figure.
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buckyball, c60, fullerene, buckyballs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users