* * * * * 9 votes

Anyone tried cannabidiol (CBD)?

cannabidiol cannabis cbd cb2

• Please log in to reply
409 replies to this topic

#91 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

i got a bottle of dixie dew drops a few days ago, tried two droppers with no effect, then took the whole bottle (1oz) with absolutely zero effect. Either there is not enough cbd in it or cbd just has no effect on me....the effect is supposed to be pretty much immediate from the studies i've seen so i don't think extended use would change anything...dosage in the studies is about ten times higher so it could be a dosage issue but until cbd becomes more accessible i'm not about to spend thousands of dollars experimenting.
  • like x 1

#92 Sasha_

• 77 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

So, I've been following this topic since it started and finally got a 1oz dew drops bottle from "life enthusiast".
The stuff works really well on me (I tend to be very responsive with drugs), I can take as little as 5 drops, and my anxiety
goes away for a few hours, my breathing is much easier and my body feels good. I experience 2 side effects, first like most people, it does dull me quite a bit, not so much in the 5 drops range, but I took 12 drops on my first try and felt compelled to have a nap !
What I find interresting (and to a certain extent inconvenient) is that it wakes me up at least once the night following ingestion, right after a REM sleep, and my dream recollection is amazingly enhanced. Also I seem to be unable to "sleep in".
The dreams I get are really random and not as anxiogenic as the ones noopept would give me.
I guess that must be a consequence of hippocampal neurogenesis triggered by cannabidiol, I think I read something about that somewhere on here.
Anyways, anyone experiencing the same ?
  • like x 3

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#93 nawty1000

• 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows what a good dosage is for anxiety. Also need help in knowing how much a dosage is, as in how many drops is in 200mg, or how many mg in a 5ml bottle.

I have just been guessing for the last few days since getting my free sample, it's definitely helping me out but now I'm buying some more I want to make sure I'm not overdoing it.

Keep up the good work cbdbro, hope it all goes well.

#94 addx

• 711 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

I ordered the dixie whatever thing from amazon a few days ago... will report.

#95 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

So I had my CanChew gum in the mail the other day. I did 2 consecutive days of testing it. Day 1 was 100 mg total spread throughout the day. Had quite the awesome day actually and felt generally better. Day 2 I had 60mg throughout the day, and it wasn't all quite that great, but that could've just been circumstantial instead of the CBD. Nonetheless, on the second day I felt more lethargic and zoned out, but again; that happens to me even without anything. The first day I did notice the effect, and I was quite calm. Though chewing 10 pieces of gum in a day is a task for someone who hates gum, so hopefully with the other product I've ordered (RSHO) I'll be able to dose easier.
Nothing adverse though.. Wasn't exactly high or anything. But figured I'd give it a rest after day 2 and try it some other time. Maybe I should adjust the dosage next time.. I'll see.

#96 celebes

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

I don't think there is any significant amount of CBD in the Dew Drops, unless they've changed the formulation recently.

I've taken half a bottle with no more than a slightly woozy feeling. On the contrary, there is no mistaking the effect high-CBD dispensary weed has.

#97 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

looking forward to hearing your experiences formergenious,...celebes i hope your right,

#98 celebes

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

I've read about and experienced a bunch of shadiness dealing with Dixie Botanicals. They're running a scam.

High CBD/low THC cannabis from a dispensary has a very definite effect on me. Immediate anxiolysis along with zoning out/depersonalization, followed by an antidepressant effect that develops over a couple of days.
  • like x 1

#99 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

Over the past few days I've been taking around 3-5 gums (30-50mg) per night, and I've been sleeping pretty great on it. As for depersonalization: I already have that alas, and the CBD does not exacerbate it. Looking forward to trying the RSHO.

#100 inw

• 45 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

CBD looks promising for anxiety from what I see. I saw on PubMed that it states CBD didn't affect blood pressure, and other physiological areas but I see here that it is raising bp. Wouldn't that be bad for anxiety relief?

#101 cargocultist

• 59 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

Doesn't CBD need to be heated, like THC, to become psychoactive?
  • Ill informed x 1

#102 Olon

• 109 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

CBD looks promising for anxiety from what I see. I saw on PubMed that it states CBD didn't affect blood pressure, and other physiological areas but I see here that it is raising bp. Wouldn't that be bad for anxiety relief?

I don't know when they measured. I had this effect in the first only in the first hour. But when the blood pressure went down so did the effectiveness for me. As already written I see this as an effect of the rise in anandamide level. I have a schizophrenia with cognitive and negative symptoms, however, never had to do with anxiety.

#103 celebes

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

Direct from the source.

Former Dixie Elixir chief scientist outs Medical Marijuana Inc and Dixie as frauds:

"I'm tired of so called CBD companies claiming that what they provide is medicine. Anyone using a CBD from hemp product please be aware of what you're actually getting b/c it is not what you think. These formulations start with a crude and dirty hemp paste (contaminated with microbial life! I have seen this and these organisms decompose the paste. The paste perhaps even contains residual solvent and other toxins as the extraction is done in CHINA) made in a process that actually renders it unfit for human consumption. What these companies are doing is criminal and dangerous. In fact MJNA's RSHO is literally just this hemp paste diluted in hemp seed oil. No refinement at all!!! And what Dixie Botanicals is offering is beyond disturbing. I cannot keep quiet any more. And since I formulated most of these products as head of Dixie science, I feel responsible for spreading the truth. I left Dixie for ethical reasons but it is not enough to just walk away. These frauds need to be exposed for what they are. Look out for my tell all article coming soon and feel free to contact me directly with questions as it is time to blow the whistle. Let's keep this industry pure and safe." -- Tamar Wise, formerly head of Dixie Science
  • like x 2

#104 Neal Cullum

• 48 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

Direct from the source.

Former Dixie Elixir chief scientist outs Medical Marijuana Inc and Dixie as frauds:

"I'm tired of so called CBD companies claiming that what they provide is medicine. Anyone using a CBD from hemp product please be aware of what you're actually getting b/c it is not what you think. These formulations start with a crude and dirty hemp paste (contaminated with microbial life! I have seen this and these organisms decompose the paste. The paste perhaps even contains residual solvent and other toxins as the extraction is done in CHINA) made in a process that actually renders it unfit for human consumption. What these companies are doing is criminal and dangerous. In fact MJNA's RSHO is literally just this hemp paste diluted in hemp seed oil. No refinement at all!!! And what Dixie Botanicals is offering is beyond disturbing. I cannot keep quiet any more. And since I formulated most of these products as head of Dixie science, I feel responsible for spreading the truth. I left Dixie for ethical reasons but it is not enough to just walk away. These frauds need to be exposed for what they are. Look out for my tell all article coming soon and feel free to contact me directly with questions as it is time to blow the whistle. Let's keep this industry pure and safe." -- Tamar Wise, formerly head of Dixie Science

Thanks for the info! Sounds to me the best way to get this oil is to make it yourself, illegally.

#105 n95

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

Anyone planing a trip to Uruguay? :)

#106 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:56 AM

I live in CA where weed is legal medicinally. I've tried a few high cbd strains- harlequin, cannatonic, and ac/dc. The ac/dc has the lowest thc. The lab test the dispensery had for it said the batch I got was less than 1% THC and as far as I can remember, around 13%CBD. Even the low level of thc in the harlequin and cannatonic I was able to feel. After smoking and making an oil with the ac/dc I was able to get a feel for pure cbd, and there really is no feel at all. If you take large amonts you can slightly feel it. Harlequin has more or less a 1:1 ratio THC/CBD and you can still feel a "high" to it, although it is nothing like the standard high THC weed that is sold.

As far as anxiety goes, it's hard for me to say. It definitely helps with some aspects of anxiety, although I don't feel 100% mentally clear. I'm still on klonopin .25-.5mg/day, I had the intention, or hope of using cbd weed to come off the klonpin for good after researching it. When I watched the CNN special "Weed", and saw the little girl Charlotte with the seizures which it stopped, I knew it had to do something for anxiety. Seizures are treated with benzos and they're a risk when stopping them cold turkey.

Something about smoking (anything) itself gives me anxiety, probably becuase it takes away oxygen and irritates the airway. Honestly I don't think CBD is strong enough to curb benzo withdrawals. It might take some of the edge off. I have no idea how it would work for someone that wasn't dealing with short/long-term benzo withdrawals.

I ordered the aforementioned Dixie drops and took them a couple times. I didn't feel much, but then again straight CBD is very subtle to feel orally. Smoking it seems to give an immediate effect that you DO notice though; although it doesn't last as long. It isn't as clean feeling also. Anyways- I did the math and figured out that the amount of supposed CBD in the DIxie drops was nominal compared to that in the marijuana, so I haven't used them since.

Marijuan is recreationally legal in Colorado January 1st if you're over 21. Just FYI if you're in the U.S.
  • like x 1

#107 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:56 PM

I found CBD very effective the first few times I tried, now I don't feel anything.

#108 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

What were you taking?

#109 Rusty Shackelford

• 10 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:58 AM

What are the dosages that you have been using?
The cost per day seem kind of high!

#110 Lojiko

• 32 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:08 AM

i got a bottle of dixie dew drops a few days ago, tried two droppers with no effect, then took the whole bottle (1oz) with absolutely zero effect.

No offense, socialpiranha, but that has to be the dumbest testing protocol I've ever read. If you have a headache, do you take two aspirin, wait five minutes, then take the whole bottle!? :excl:

I think the source of the variable efficacy reports on this thread is that some people are using CBD as a mild anxiolytic/neutropic, while others are using it thinking CBD is a legal high. I'm not sure what part of NON-PSYCHOACTIVE the latter group is not understanding. :|?

I suspect that people who regularly use cannabis, or use CBD thinking it's going to get them high, report 'no effect' because [1] they've developed a tolerance to the CBD in their preferred strain of cannabis and/or [2] the effect of CBD is not significant enough to subjectively qualify as a 'high'.

People who use CBD as a supplement to mildly enhance cognition, however, report great results precisely because they're not expecting CBD to take them to the moon; they're getting the mild cognitive benefits they're looking for. For someone to say CBD didn't get them high is about as ridiculous as someone saying acetyl-L-carnitine didn't feel the same as amphetamine. Of course it didn't, you dolt ... it's not supposed to! :blink:

I have some of the much maligned Dixie Dew Drops (1oz/100mg formula) on order, so hopefully I'll be able to provide a more objective review than some of the stuff we've heard thus far. :)
  • dislike x 3
  • Agree x 2
  • like x 1

#111 Lojiko

• 32 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:32 AM

Direct from the source.

Having never tried a Dixie product in my life (yet), I'm extremely skeptical of this "outing" of Dixie Elixirs products by its former Head of Science (Tamar Wise) for the following reasons: :dry:

1. Tamar Wise posted the "expose" on her Facebook page and quickly took it down, but not before it was even more quickly re-posted to myriad social media sites. She has declined to comment since then. :wacko:

2. If what Tamar Wise is saying is true, then she is complicit in consumer fraud, as Dixie's former Head of Science. :excl:

3. All of Dixie's products are tested by CannLabs, so Ms. Wise is also accusing CannLabs - a widely respected MMJ testing lab - of consumer fraud as well. :excl:

4. Dixie Elixirs sells products in damned near every dispensary in Colorado and is expanding internationally. If they were selling a crap product, people wouldn't buy it and dispensaries wouldn't sell it. Something about their business model is working and I don't think it's because their products don't work. :excl:

I have no idea why Ms. Wise would post these allegations if they weren't true, but I also don't know why 918 people voluntarily drank cyanide-laced Kool-Aid at Jonestown ... sometimes people do really stupid things for really stupid reasons. I trust this matter will be settled in court. Until then, I doubt people would keep buying Dixie products if they didn't work like advertised, as Ms. Wise suggests. :unsure:
  • dislike x 3

#112 hullcrush

• 83 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:45 PM

15 mg sublingual has some value as a therapeutic range, per Sativex study on sleep. That dose presumably altered sleep architecture in conjunction with THC.

I had relatively strong adenosine2a receptor effects after 10 mg dosing that led to discontinuation. Primarily, what felt like carotid artery dilation and the uncommon hemodynamic effect of narrowing pulse pressure. Despite that madness it was moderately anxiolytic.

#113 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:38 AM

i got a bottle of dixie dew drops a few days ago, tried two droppers with no effect, then took the whole bottle (1oz) with absolutely zero effect.

No offense, socialpiranha, but that has to be the dumbest testing protocol I've ever read. If you have a headache, do you take two aspirin, wait five minutes, then take the whole bottle!? :excl:

I think the source of the variable efficacy reports on this thread is that some people are using CBD as a mild anxiolytic/neutropic, while others are using it thinking CBD is a legal high. I'm not sure what part of NON-PSYCHOACTIVE the latter group is not understanding. :|?

I suspect that people who regularly use cannabis, or use CBD thinking it's going to get them high, report 'no effect' because [1] they've developed a tolerance to the CBD in their preferred strain of cannabis and/or [2] the effect of CBD is not significant enough to subjectively qualify as a 'high'.

People who use CBD as a supplement to mildly enhance cognition, however, report great results precisely because they're not expecting CBD to take them to the moon; they're getting the mild cognitive benefits they're looking for. For someone to say CBD didn't get them high is about as ridiculous as someone saying acetyl-L-carnitine didn't feel the same as amphetamine. Of course it didn't, you dolt ... it's not supposed to! :blink:

I have some of the much maligned Dixie Dew Drops (1oz/100mg formula) on order, so hopefully I'll be able to provide a more objective review than some of the stuff we've heard thus far. :)

I won't bother to repay your obvious offense but the studies use 500mg cbd, the whole bottle as you say is only 100mg cbd. studies also suggest no differentiation from placebo up to 50mg. The studies were single dose and effect was immediate so i see no flaws in my report or protocol. When i get a headache i take the amount of aspirin that studies suggest or as close to it as possible.

Edited by socialpiranha, 10 January 2014 - 04:39 AM.

• dislike x 1
  • Agree x 1

#114 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:44 PM

My 2 cents: I found the CanChew to be anxiolytic, whilst the Cibdex I found anxiogenic. Perhaps a different ratio of cannabinioids, I don't know.

#115 Lojiko

• 32 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

Touché, socialpiranha, touché. While I'm feeling conciliatory, I should also retract my assertion that cannabidiol is not psychoactive; it's considered psychoactive, but not intoxicating.

With that said, my experience with the Dixie Dew Drops 1oz 100mg Hemp Oil Supplement Tincture has unfortunately been similar to yours and others who have found its effects lacking. Also similar to others, I noticed something the first few times I tried it, but nothing much after that. For example, the first day I took two drops and felt a little spacey for a few hours. The second day I took five drops and felt slightly nauseated. The next day I took fifteen drops (the serving size), felt a bit woozy and had a moderately pounding heartbeat for an hour. Since then I've tried various combinations varying from 10-40 drops/day without any appreciable difference in effect.

I've since ordered two of the 25mg Dixie Botanicals Hemp Oil Supplement Capsules, which have yet to arrive (apparently there's a helluva backlog). If, as you say, the threshold dose for appreciable effects is 100mg, then I guess I just wasted $22. I'll let you know how it turns out.

#116 KieranA001

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

Have any of you guys been on Medivape's new website.

http://www.cannaleve.co.uk/cbdoil.html

That stuff is pretty good. And they're now doing a 3x more potent tincture with a lot of THC! That stuff works the best for me! Haha! Yeah, it's not a bad price either and you get quite a lot. :)

#117 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

For example, the first day I took two drops and felt a little spacey for a few hours.

In my experience, "spacey" is a good word to describe the effect of CBD. It is anxiolytic in a "spacey" kind of way; it's not something ideal for clear headed functioning.

#118 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

And if someone would make me take a urin test. Would it test positive?
  • like x 1

#119 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

And if someone would make me take a urin test. Would it test positive?

If someone does that, you tell them to bugger off.
That aside, this woman did test positive:

Also, someone showed me this site (currently down unfortunately) where they bought CBD for a lot cheaper that HempMedsPX' stuff.
Might be worth checking out once it's back up.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#120 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

Certainly interested in further reports as this seems to offer some promise.

With consideration to high dosing protocols one should take into consideration it is an inverse agonist at CB2 and the potential negative effects on immunomodulation and as well gastrointestinal health. Just a head's up to pay heed to ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannabidiol, cannabis, cbd, cb2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users