• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Stem cell self-renewal with C60

c60 stem cells mitochondria fusion stearic acid aging hydroxytyrosol olive oil mct oil proliferation

• Please log in to reply
2503 replies to this topic

#2041 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 September 2022 - 12:11 PM

Yes, though eightman had been on the protocol for a while, so I would have assumed the damage had accrued - those previous renewal cycles didn't offset the damage of the stearic acid, if that was the case.

This is speculation. What we know is that the doctor told eightman he had a lot of scar tissue at the site of the bowel perforation, which he suggested was from an appendectomy 50 years before. I've personally noted some reversal of recent scar tissue in skin, but as for old scars, they haven't changed. All we're doing here is restoring SC niches to a younger age, but if SCs weren't able to eliminate a scar 50 years ago, they won't be able to do it today. 

Also note that eightman took stearic acid in the form of granules. If cooked in brownies or taken in the form of GMS, it wouldn't get that far in the digestive system. Granules, however, will take a lot longer to process, and probably most of the dose will be excreted rather than absorbed. That stearic acid can induce inflammation is known--

Stearic acid and other long-chain SFA have been shown to inhibit endothelial cell growth, as well as induce inflammation, apoptosis, and accentuate intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1) expression. Similar actions may also be occurring in the intestinal tissue.

This is yet another reason not to swallow granules. Some years ago one person (who was somewhere around 30 as I recall) reported that he couldn't be bothered to make brownies, so he just chewed up the granules (which would do next to nothing for absorption). He felt that the protocol had made him older rather than younger. 

Edited by Turnbuckle, 16 September 2022 - 12:11 PM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1

#2042 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 12:15 PM

Empiricus,

Thanks for sharing your experience. To Turnbuckles point - those doses are very high, much higher than the protocol.  It's a good rule of thumb that more isn't always better.  In fact, often "less is more."  I also highly recommend easing into any new supplement. Since you already had experience with high dose GMS, it was probably the dihydromyricetin, of which that's also a very large dose.  Start with a half-dose or less to see how you react. I have learned this lesson the hard way more than once. One good note is that your experience likely means you were getting a benefit.  BTW - I also feel a bit strange after dihydromyricetin sometimes.

Because my experience with c60 prior to this protocol was not entirely positive, I worry about not taking a sufficient amount of the fusion supplements.  Nevertheless, I'm taking more than necessary.  Cutting back as you suggest makes sense.  

It's good to know I'm not the only person who feels strange after dihydromyricetin.  On another occasion I think it gave me a bad nightmare. 

Edited by Empiricus, 16 September 2022 - 12:26 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2043 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 12:24 PM

Today I looked looked for a large 3 year-old scar on my right leg and I couldn't see any remains of it until I looked very closely.  I attribute its obscurity to the 3 rounds of the protocol I completed in early July.  There's no other good explanation. 

Edited by Empiricus, 16 September 2022 - 12:29 PM.

• unsure x 1
  • like x 1

#2044 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 September 2022 - 03:20 PM

I need to give a better account, but in 2017 I was very sick from nowhere with severe kidney pain resulting in seemingly permanant foot pain, neuropathy, blurrred vision, raised uric acid, extreme histamine and glucose sensitivity (my foot would hurt taking any sugar). Symptoms were atributable to N+R and NR, and I was an outlier in taking high doses of NR. Nevertheless, I shouldn't have been that ill on these doses:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2569905/

I was probably an outlier in low zinc and uric acid ran in the family, which was just in normal range months later, though likely fallen. There were some symptoms prior - intermittent foot pain and some neuropathy prior. I was very fortunate as there seemed little sign of recovery - I took an awful lot of sublingual ABN NMN and it was an absolute miracle within days.  

However, I had taken very liberally and neatly in granule form stearic acid - I was very casual with it, though certainly got fusion. Since the symptoms were attributable to N,R, NR and I became super sensitive to it, I assumed it was the cause.  

The stearic acid may have been the real outlier and worth considering its role. 

I did not prior to getting sick that the high dosing of NR seemed to have some real appearance and endurance benefits, but I haven't taken it orally since or N+R. I may give it a go somewhen; I have taken stearic acid with c60, perhaps in occasion small neat doses, but mostly heated up with chocolate. Never had problems with it since, except when taking for a few days a sense of elevated blood pressure.

I certainly can't say stearic acid was the cause, because of the resultant extreme sensitvity to NAM, N, NR but I was very much an outlier with stearic acid, so worth taking a note.

#2045 eighthman

• 155 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 06:02 PM

Trying to eat stearic acid along with some lecithin was likely inadequate.  In any case, I doubt I will use stearic acid again (but maybe GMS), as well as the dihydromycetin.  I did not greatly fear irritation since stearic acid is so common in everyday pills. 

#2046 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 03:16 AM

The fission day on day 2 (which I have been repeating on day 3) seem to undo some of the gains of the mitochondrial protocol. I am wondering if I can add a fusion day from the mitochondrial protocol to day 4 or 5 of the stem cell protocol.

#2047 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 10:18 AM

After posting above about the scar on my leg, I remembered I have been taking bromelain for 4 months, which could conceivably have contributed to the perceived diminishment of the scar.  

Waking up the second morning after the fusion -- Day 3 --I had skipped doing any fission the previous day -- it felt like the room was spinning. The highly unusual feeling disappeared once I was fully awake. As I commented earlier, I experienced dizziness following ingestion of the fusion ingredients on Day 1.  Also, during the next day or so it seemed like my memory was worse than usual.  As discussed above, I took more than the recommended amount of dihydromirocetin and glycerol monosterate.  In contrast to my previous 3 rounds in July, I switched from the brand of c60oo that Stephen_b has been using to SES brand.  Since I had an awful nightmare on Day 1 of round one, I lean toward blaming excessive dihydromyrocetin for the side effects on both these occasions. And also because dihydromyrocetin crosses the BBB.  On the other hand, there are at least 2 reports on Longecity of dizziness following c60 consumption.  This fellow and another guy who was recently floxxed.  Incidentally, I have taken cyprofloxacin daily for many weeks (the adverse effects were mild), but the last time I took any was 15 years ago. 

Having skipped fission on Day 2, on Day 3 and 4 I took apigenin as my only fission promotor (I'm skipping the other fission promotors to prevent any residual c60 from interacting unfavorably with niacinamide).   Apigenin has a half life of 92 hours so I will put off doing another round a while longer.  Incidentally, about 36-48 hours before starting this recent round, I had taken 1-2 capsules of apigenin as a sleep aid, not realizing apigenin has such a long half-life. 

Edited by Empiricus, 20 September 2022 - 11:11 AM.

• Off-Topic x 1

#2048 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2022 - 11:32 AM

After posting above about the scar on my leg, I remembered I have been taking bromelain for 4 months, which could conceivably have contributed to the perceived diminishment of the scar.  

Waking up the second morning after the fusion -- Day 3 --I had skipped doing any fission the previous day -- it felt like the room was spinning. The highly unusual feeling disappeared once I was fully awake. As I commented earlier, I experienced dizziness following ingestion of the fusion ingredients on Day 1.  Also, during the next day or so it seemed like my memory was worse than usual.  As discussed above, I took more than the recommended amount of dihydromirocetin and glycerol monosterate.  In contrast to my previous 3 rounds in July, I switched from the brand of c60oo that Stephen_b has been using to SES brand.  Since I had an awful nightmare on round one, I lean toward blaming excessive dihydromyrocetin for the side effects on both these occasions. And also because dihydromyrocetin crosses the BBB.  On the other hand, there are at least 2 reports on Longevity of dizziness following c60 consumption.  This fellow and another person who was recently floxxed.  I have been exposed to large amounts of cyprofloxin with only mild adverse effects, but have consumed none for 15 years. 

Having skipped fission on Day 2, on Day 3 and 4 I took apigenin as my only fission promotor (I'm skipping the other fission promotors to prevent any residual c60 from interacting unfavorably with niacinamide).   Apigenin has a half life of 92 hours so I will put off doing another round a while longer.  Incidentally, about 36-48 hours before starting this recent round, I had taken 1-2 capsules of apigenin by mistake (as a sleep aid), not realizing apigenin has such a long half-life. 

Your adverse reaction could also be low blood pressure and/or mitochondrial damage. In either case you should consider doing the mito protocol first. Fluoroquinolones appear to cause severe and long-term mitochondrial damage in some people, and this can result in SCs generated from such patients to become senescent. They're not the only drugs being pushed on the public that can cause mito damage. From personal experience, I can say that statins are in that category. They can leave you feeling decades older, with no energy at all. Stimulating such damaged mitochondria might dramatically raise ROS production.

Apart from doing the mito protocol first, you might also try using C60 alone. If you don't get the symptoms you reported, then it must be something else in the protocol.

As for apigenin, the half life has often been reported to be very long, but there seems to be a big difference in opinion. Thus best to use NAM or NAM+R for fission. They are well absorbed and act quickly.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 20 September 2022 - 12:24 PM.

• Informative x 2

#2049 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 11:33 AM

I need to give a better account, but in 2017 I was very sick from nowhere with severe kidney pain resulting in seemingly permanant foot pain, neuropathy, blurrred vision, raised uric acid, extreme histamine and glucose sensitivity (my foot would hurt taking any sugar). Symptoms were atributable to N+R and NR, and I was an outlier in taking high doses of NR. Nevertheless, I shouldn't have been that ill on these doses:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2569905/

I was probably an outlier in low zinc and uric acid ran in the family, which was just in normal range months later, though likely fallen. There were some symptoms prior - intermittent foot pain and some neuropathy prior. I was very fortunate as there seemed little sign of recovery - I took an awful lot of sublingual ABN NMN and it was an absolute miracle within days.  

However, I had taken very liberally and neatly in granule form stearic acid - I was very casual with it, though certainly got fusion. Since the symptoms were attributable to N,R, NR and I became super sensitive to it, I assumed it was the cause.  

The stearic acid may have been the real outlier and worth considering its role. 

I did not prior to getting sick that the high dosing of NR seemed to have some real appearance and endurance benefits, but I haven't taken it orally since or N+R. I may give it a go somewhen; I have taken stearic acid with c60, perhaps in occasion small neat doses, but mostly heated up with chocolate. Never had problems with it since, except when taking for a few days a sense of elevated blood pressure.

I certainly can't say stearic acid was the cause, because of the resultant extreme sensitvity to NAM, N, NR but I was very much an outlier with stearic acid, so worth taking a note.

I took a lot of NR and N+R around the same time, and experienced nauseating pain in the kidney area (nothing abnormal showed up in tests, however) and painful foot arches.  

At the time, I attributed the foot pain to the NR (not N+R) and the kidney pain to olive leaf extract and c60 in olive oil.  But reading  your account, it occurs to me that the NR may well have contributed to pain in both areas. 

Your comment about zinc was interesting. We know that niacinamide steals methyl groups.  Though we both seemed to have recovered, the cure for anyone in our predicament on account of niacinamide/NR might be to take TMG (or SAM-e): 

https://www.semantic...f516addb0044cd3

Edited by Empiricus, 20 September 2022 - 11:48 AM.

• Off-Topic x 1

#2050 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2022 - 05:33 PM

I took a lot of NR and N+R around the same time, and experienced nauseating pain in the kidney area (nothing abnormal showed up in tests, however) and painful foot arches.  

At the time, I attributed the foot pain to the NR (not N+R) and the kidney pain to olive leaf extract and c60 in olive oil.  But reading  your account, it occurs to me that the NR may well have contributed to pain in both areas. 

There were a few reports, if I remember in the NR personal experience thread, of foot pain. I put it down to d-ribose causing raised glycated haemoglobin:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5704047/

I will probably need to check my reports at the time, for symptoms, but I wondered if there was capillary damage through raised blood sugars or it was peripheral diabetic neuropathy.

Now I do remember that it was either NMN or NR, that had shown resulted in capillary regrowth but I don't nerve damage.

But increased sugar levels are a strong candidate for the symptoms, but it would still only be a few grams a day, which doesn't seem much.  

This might explain why sublingual NMN recovered the damage, but why in the first place through NR? There was some study showing that oral NR wasn't effective raising NAD because it is broken down, so why so good with rats?

https://www.scienced...70223151101.htm

#2051 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 September 2022 - 07:52 PM

This is some speculative dot joining but do we know the mechanism through which Fisetin acts as a senolytic?  I don't recall having read so.

I was looking through the fisetin thread trying to find an old post and discovered one post I'd linked, likely barely read and forgotten to the following study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...om=groupmessage

"Chronic fisetin treatment of HF at physiological concentrations resulted in shorter telomeres compared to control cells, indicating reduced telomere stability and enhanced biological aging of these cells. Under the assumption that it is healthy, fisetin is often added to nutritional supplements at relatively high concentrations. Since the biological effects of regular consumption of high doses of fisetin (and also flavonoids in general) are not known, thorough safety evaluation is warranted with respect to these nutritional supplements. Chronic minocycline treatment also enhanced telomere shortening. This implies that precaution should be taken when minocycline is subscribed as a chronic treatment.

However, under conditions of chronic oxidative stress, both fisetin and minocycline appeared to reduce the rate of telomere shortening. Since our study was limited to testing the effects of fisetin and minocycline in an in vitro model with HF cells that were chronically exposed to oxidative stress more research is needed to evaluate possible positive effects of fisetin and minocycline in chronic inflammatory diseases.

It can be concluded that chronic administration of pharmaceuticals or nutraceuticals with PARP inhibiting activity appears to be beneficial in conditions of chronic oxidative stress, but may be detrimental under relatively normal conditions."

i haven't read through this yet, but note catching DMSO was used with the fisetin, which would certainly be confounding - and is in vitro.

But I wonder, if the case, if this might explain why fisetin acts as a senolytic? 

Senescent cells have shorter telomeres, and obviously shortened telomeres appear to induce apoptosis too: 

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5514392/

"Secondly, mouse models where telomere function has been compromised, suggest a role in the ageing process. Telomerase knock-out (mTERC−/−) mice which carry a homozygous deletion of the RNA component of telomerase  show a generation-dependent telomere shortening, which results in critically short telomeres and both senescence and apoptosis . In these mice, dysfunctional telomeres have been shown to impact on the function of stem cells, organ regeneration and lifespan . Moreover, it has been shown that reintroduction of telomerase activity in telomerase-deficient mice is able to revert the premature ageing phenotype observed in tissues such as the spleen, intestine and testes"

So might fisetin trigger apoptosis in senescent cells through further shortening telomere length? 

Recently there was a controlled study with wild mice dosed with fisetin apparently refuting earlier evidence of senescent cell clearance with the flavanoid with inbred mice. 

https://www.longecit...-36#entry915639

There were complaints that fisetin was administered in water and so not especially bioavaialble. Mice of course have extremely long telomeres, so I assume, stoo attempt to induce apoptosis or senescence through some telomere shortening intervention might not be as successful, as with other species, or possible too it would seem, with inbred mice: for house sparrows, at least, inbreeding is a deleterious for telomere length:

https://link.springe...592-022-01441-x

So might fisetin induce senescent cell clearance by triggering apoptosis through further shortening  the telomeres of sensecent cells? And too might that explain why wild mice fisetin studies compare unfavourably with those of the shorter telomered inbred mice?

Edited by ambivalent, 21 September 2022 - 08:27 PM.

#2052 eigenber

• 64 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 September 2022 - 02:59 AM

Concerning the function of stem cell self-renewal in the presence of misfolded proteins in aging organisms. 

• Informative x 2

#2053 Learner056

• 96 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 09:15 PM

Turnbuckle, I think by now, most people know that in biology there are many pathways that can potentially help achieve the same goal.  But I am an ardent believer in the mitochondrial approach (despite my son's challenges on fission) because at the end of the day "energy as the powerhouse" is a multi-disciplinary, almost universal concept, therefore a heavyweight inducer for most biological effects.  Now, you have this knowledge and can explain this so well, so that there is less ambivalence out.  I think my son's challenges do arise due to what you mentioned as long-term mitochondrial damage due to antibiotics. 

a) I feel Ribose taken alone serves a very different purpose compared to when Ribose taken alongside NAM.  I am not well educated here but I think Ribose alone acts like table sugar does and maybe uses the same pathways?.  My son eats sugar OR ribose and gets very similar energy.  I do not know how to articulate:  Maybe it goes like this, that Sugar produces energy that by-passes mitochondria?   

b) I think Ribose alone (i.e. without NAM in the system) also by-passes mitochondria.  However, when Ribose is taken with NAM, they have incentive to follows the mitochondrial pathway to produce ATP?  (NAM enhances mitochondria, while Ribose (or Sugar) enhances RNA processing. 

c) how is cAMP related to ATP.  Maybe I am crazy, but I have a visual picture that energy flow is something like:  NAD to Mitochondria to ATP to cAMP

and maybe Ribose OR Sugar taken alone joins ATP (or whatever) pool directly.  While Ribose + NAM taken together have greater incentive to join the above flow at pre-Mitochondrial step? 

Fluoroquinolones appear to cause severe and long-term mitochondrial damage in some people

Edited by Learner056, 22 September 2022 - 09:36 PM.

#2054 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 September 2022 - 10:08 PM

Niacinamide + ribose ® NAD+ ® mito fission

It's actually the higher ratio of NAD+/NADH that drives fission. This is the ratio of oxidized NAD to reduced NAD. NAD requires ribose. Niacinamide alone will work, however, ribose is a scarce commodity in the body, thus I included it. NAD+-mediated SIRT1 activation then promotes mitochondrial fission. Fission is needed for apoptosis of senescent cells, and also for mitophagy to remove defective mitochondria.

Removal of dysfunctional mitochondria requires the activation of autophagy coupled with ongoing mitochondrial fission (7). Our current and previous studies show that both of these processes can be induced by NAM treatment. The earlier part of this study showed that the effect of NAM was exerted through an increase of [NAD+]/[NADH] ratio.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3365962/

• Informative x 5
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#2055 Learner056

• 96 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 10:46 PM

Yea but we know that already, don't we, what is the new knowledge here.  You could have addressed my questions and that could have made a much better difference. 

• Pointless, Timewasting x 6
  • Unfriendly x 3
  • Good Point x 1

#2056 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 September 2022 - 10:06 AM

Yea but we know that already, don't we, what is the new knowledge here.  You could have addressed my questions and that could have made a much better difference. 

You seem to have a misconception as to what this thread is about. So here it is: this is about epigenetic age regression using particular protocols I developed for myself. I'm sharing it here to get useful feedback, and for the benefit of those who might like to try it. But --

This is not a college course.

This is not a debate society.

I am not a professor.

I will answer questions as it suits me, and I don't take kindly to those who become hostile because they didn't like the answer.

So if you don't like those terms, Learner, feel free to investigate other threads, or start your own.

• Agree x 7
  • like x 5
  • Good Point x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#2057 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2022 - 11:43 AM

What possesses people to see 6 downvotes then add another? Learner's response was somewhat discourteous, but sometimes filters fail - we are far more tolerant of people in life as we all know. I really don't think exorcising people with a hose of red paint from a diminished thread and site is a great idea - there isn't too much feedback from these protocols, it seems rather self-defeating to unneccessarily gang up and alienate people. 

Edited by ambivalent, 24 September 2022 - 11:49 AM.

• Good Point x 3
  • Disagree x 2

#2058 mag1

• 1,061 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 07:32 PM

Turnbuckle, you have posted some highly practical protocols to Longecity. If you have time, might you offer a protocol for asthmatic symptoms? I think that I might have developed something similar to Long COVID

with lingering low exhalation respiration. Feel free to ignore as I am sure you have many irons in the fire.

Greatly appreciate any ideas that you might be able to suggest. 

#2059 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2022 - 09:07 PM

Turnbuckle, you have posted some highly practical protocols to Longecity. If you have time, might you offer a protocol for asthmatic symptoms? I think that I might have developed something similar to Long COVID

with lingering low exhalation respiration. Feel free to ignore as I am sure you have many irons in the fire.

Greatly appreciate any ideas that you might be able to suggest. 

This is highly off topic, so I won't answer it here. I don't have a protocol for asthma, but if you post your question to a new thread, or to one of the existing asthma threads, I might have something to add.

#2060 mag1

• 1,061 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 12:53 AM

Thank you, so much Turnbuckle! Sorry for thread squatting, though I wasn't sure how else to get your attention.

Here's the new thread url.

https://www.longecit...sthma/?p=918336

Edited by mag1, 26 September 2022 - 01:09 AM.

#2061 kurt9

• 256 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 06:28 PM

There is a new compound called Verteporfin that apparently reverses fibrosis. It is also being used as a new method of reversing male pattern hairloss.

If fibrosis in general is the manifestation of aging of the extracellular matrix and this compound reverses it, would that not mean we now have comprehensive regeneration of the extracellular matrix? If so, Verteporfin could be used in combination with the C60 protocol to effect regeneration of both cells and extracellular matrix. It seems to me this would be the case.

Edited by kurt9, 02 October 2022 - 06:30 PM.

#2062 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 October 2022 - 06:57 PM

There is a new compound called Verteporfin that apparently reverses fibrosis. It is also being used as a new method of reversing male pattern hairloss.

If fibrosis in general is the manifestation of aging of the extracellular matrix and this compound reverses it, would that not mean we now have comprehensive regeneration of the extracellular matrix? If so, Verteporfin could be used in combination with the C60 protocol to effect regeneration of both cells and extracellular matrix. It seems to me this would be the case.

I don't see this compound as a part of an epigenetic age reversal protocol. It is for specific, localized problems and not useable by the public as is this one -- or no more so than many other clinical treatments. 

Edited by Turnbuckle, 02 October 2022 - 06:58 PM.

• Informative x 1

#2063 kurt9

• 256 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 07:09 PM

I don't see this compound as a part of an epigenetic age reversal protocol. It is for specific, localized problems and not useable by the public as is this one -- or no more so than many other clinical treatments. 

Its not. But I was talking about its effect on fibrosis only, which is an extracellular matrix thing. I was under the impression that epigenetic aging measurements did not measure extracellular matrix aging. Perhaps I'm wrong about this.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Good Point x 2

#2064 Blueflash

• 61 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 October 2022 - 11:40 PM

Time before last when I did the protocol, I had 3 grams GMS one half hour before the 3 mg of C60. Also had 5 G AAKG, 1 G leucine, along with 1 G methionine and 2 G lysine. This time I added the 4 G lecithin, 6 G dihydromyricetin, 1 G AKG, 6 G lysine, and 3 G methionine. Figured it hit me good the way I napped yesterday. Woke up to a cognition, vision and hearing boost. Very much improved. Heart rate variability still very good, despite crushing my workout. For reference, I'm almost 59 years old and 185#
  • Informative x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#2065 FWP

• 21 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 07:23 PM

Did you take bromelain 4 months every day or incorporated it in this protocol, let's say during fission part?

#2066 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 11 October 2022 - 01:35 PM

Did you take bromelain 4 months every day or incorporated it in this protocol, let's say during fission part?

I was taking bromelian for its enzymatic properties, not in conjunction with this protocol. 

But since you mention it, I wonder if it might be relevant...  

Bromelain inhibits COX-2 expression by blocking the activation of MAPK regulated NF-kappa B against skin tumor-initiation triggering mitochondrial death pathway. 

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/19339108/

• Off-Topic x 1

#2067 Learner056

• 96 posts

Posted 13 October 2022 - 07:04 PM

I eat around 6pm but take DHM around noon.  Is that optimal?  What are others doing if eating later in day.  C60 I take at night just for precaution.  For PQQ, AKG while I feel I can take them anytime, though PQQ has some pleasing effects if taken before sleep I feel. 

Edited by Learner056, 13 October 2022 - 08:02 PM.

#2068 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 04:38 PM

GMS dissolves in hot water, and you don't need that much as it is fast acting once dissolved. Fusion can do bad things to your BP. The first time I tried GMS, my BP shot up past 200 with 5g. With some people it might actually decease BP. So you ought to test it next time.

Stearic acid granules will not digest. If you are taking it that way, you will not get fusion.

GMS dissolves very nicely in hot water, and you don't need that much as it is fast acting once dissolved. Fusion can do funny things to your BP. The first time I tried GMS, my BP shot up past 200. With some people it might actually decease BP. So you ought to test it next time.

I used to melt GMS in hot chocolate, but I understood making hot chocolate was not necessary, so recently I have been scooping the GMS powder into cold water and swallowing the totally undissolved granules this way.  Bulk Supplements brand doesn't say GMS needs to be dissolved in hot water, so I suppose dissolving the granules isn't absolutely necessary for GMS...

Edited by Empiricus, 14 October 2022 - 04:39 PM.

• Off-Topic x 1

#2069 Learner056

• 96 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 06:27 PM

Empiricus: GMS or DHM, there effects should be different in fasted state vs unfasted state.  It is a powerful principle to know (and consequently leveraged).   Timing of DHM, GMS (with respect to fast) is critical I feel to maximize benefit.  Apparently, no body knows here?

FYI: Bulk supplements has little incentive to research and put all that on a label.  But "you" - the person, have ALL the incentive to knowing that.  Otherwise why bother with all this if you are shooting for the sub-optimal.  As for GMS being dissolved, that makes perfect sense.  

I used to melt GMS in hot chocolate, but I understood making hot chocolate was not necessary, so recently I have been scooping the GMS powder into cold water and swallowing the totally undissolved granules this way.  Bulk Supplements brand doesn't say GMS needs to be dissolved in hot water, so I suppose dissolving the granules isn't absolutely necessary for GMS...

#2070 Learner056

• 96 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 07:55 PM

Merits of adding an anti-inflammatory?

I have observed some amazing changes with this protocol, compared to any other thing I have tried so far, but also some worrisome symptoms.  Quite rightly pointed our body has pre-existing lesions/scars.  I read that, Stearic/DHM and Notch and NF-kB have mechanistic cross-talks.  I feel (though correct me if I am wrong) that we should add a healthy anti-inflammatory for insurance purposes.  I have added Boswelic acids (low dose) after my main meals (with fusion).  Though it would be nice to know the merits of it. 

Also, hoping we can know how to optimize the timing of the protocol in late day single meal eating.  For e.g. taking protocol at Noon, but eating at 6pm?

eightman took stearic acid in the form of granules. That stearic acid can induce inflammation is known--

Edited by Learner056, 16 October 2022 - 07:57 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, stem cells, mitochondria, fusion, stearic acid, aging, hydroxytyrosol, olive oil, mct oil, proliferation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users