• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

How are drugs absorbed & what could be reasons for why they aren't working for me?

pharmacology pharmacogenetic pharmacokinetics

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 farshad

• Topic Starter
  • 910 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 July 2019 - 06:28 PM

http://www.magnesium...agnesium-works/

Our metabolism needs to occur at a certain speed to stay alive. But we don’t have the liberty of turning the body into a raging furnace to speed up these reactions (not without damaging many things). That’s where enzymes come in.

Enzymes are bits of protein that catalyze and regulate almost all metabolic reactions. As catalysts, they reduce the energy needed to spark a chemical reaction and speed up reactions. Without enzymes, reactions that would normally take milliseconds might take hours or days.

Possibly drug absorption too? Since magnesium is a cofactor to these enzymes. And if you lack magnesium you have less of these enzymes so the drug never gets absorbed and before it does it is already excreted.

#62 farshad

• Topic Starter
  • 910 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2019 - 05:42 PM

Is there anything like memantine with long half life (memantine is 3 days), and large mean volume of distribution (about 700L in the average 70kg male), which memantine has. Together with high protein binding? which memantine lacks(only 50%, need 90%+), but still has an effect on me in larger doses...

Edited by farshad, 04 August 2019 - 05:42 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 farshad

• Topic Starter
  • 910 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:30 PM

With age(or stress?), the likelihood increases that a person produces less gastric intrinsic factor to bind B12, allowing it to be absorbed in the intestine. It's possible you have decreased energy because you're not producing enough GIF.

I imagine it depends what was the cause of the deficiency. I think mine was due to stress and anxiety causing a chronic upset stomach which hindered the absorption.

Edited by farshad, 16 August 2019 - 08:56 PM.

#64 farshad

• Topic Starter
  • 910 posts
  • NO

Posted Yesterday, 11:33 PM

Gut microbes can eat our medication, suggests a new study using the Human Microbiome Project, the first concrete example of how one species of bacteria consumes levodopa, the primary treatment for Parkinson’s disease, which could reveal more about how the microbiome impacts our health.https://chemistry.ha...-our-medication

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#65 joesixpack

• 46 posts
  • NO

Posted Today, 04:11 AM

wow the only supplement that has had an profound effect is Probiotics, I can tell if I take it for a period of time I will get better. But I only took 50 billion (10x5billion capsules) which is low considering how many bacteria we have in our body, in the trillions. I ordered a different supplement which has 100 billion per capsule and I willl take 1 trillion. Probiotics are no joke they're the real thing!

If it works, use it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pharmacology, pharmacogenetic, pharmacokinetics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users