* * * * * 41 votes

GPC (choline), Uridine, DHA

choline uridine dha omega-3 epa ump tau b vitamins

• Please log in to reply
2844 replies to this topic

#2281 dancarlin0

• 17 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

I am curious...how much inositol were you taking?

Around 10 grams.

#2282 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

After 8 days of dosing between 500 to 1000mg a day, I'm not feeling or noticing a single thing out of Uridine. Either the Jarrow capsules contain nothing more than sugar or I'm just completely insensitive to uridine. I'm considering going as high as 1500 mg daily, but not sure if it's worth it..

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2283 arboles

• 33 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:31 PM

After 8 days of dosing between 500 to 1000mg a day, I'm not feeling or noticing a single thing out of Uridine. Either the Jarrow capsules contain nothing more than sugar or I'm just completely insensitive to uridine. I'm considering going as high as 1500 mg daily, but not sure if it's worth it..

for me it hasnt been very subjectively noticeable. however the noticeable effect may be attributed to alpha gpc or fish oil intead of uridine. and if your not taking the latter two, then maybe thats why you havent felt anything subjectively.

according to this, in rat studies it take 6 weeks for a increase in neurofilament to be founod, which is involved in neurite outgrowth

6 weeks, but not 1 week, of feeding 330mg/kg (1mmol/kg) Uridine to aged rats increases levels of Neurofilament-70 (+82%) and Neurofilament-M (+121%),[89] two cytoskeletal proteins involved in neurite outgrowth and used as biomarkers[90] that have previously been induced in vitro with NGF differentiated PC12 neuronal cells in response to Uridine, where neurite outgrowth was noted.[62] Interestingly, the in vitro study noted that Uridine may act via a P2Y receptor to induce neurite growth.[62]

3.6. Catecholamines

A elderly rat diet fortified with 2.5% Disodium Uridine (500mg/kg, or 330mg/kg Uridine and a human equivalent of around 50mg/kg) failed to influence resting levels of dopamine in neuronal slices from the rats, but enhanced the K+ invoked dopamine release, with 1 and 6 weeks of supplementation increasing average dopamine levels by 11.6-20.5% with no difference in the transient decrease after action potential, and no influence on DOPAC or HVA concentrations.[89]

http://examine.com/s...ements/Uridine/
  • like x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#2284 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:22 AM

for me it hasnt been very subjectively noticeable. however the noticeable effect may be attributed to alpha gpc or fish oil intead of uridine. and if your not taking the latter two, then maybe thats why you havent felt anything subjectively.

Actually I've added DHA ( a bit more than 700mg) and some choline in the form of soy lecithin and eggs ( didn't have any cdp-choline on hand ) for the last 2 days.

But I agree, I wonder if most of the accute subjective effects people feel from the stack are not mainly due to the choline + Omega3 rather than the Uridine.
Effects of cdp-choline by itself is very close to what most people here are describing. I usually don't feel anything from Cdp alone, by if I take it with some Tyrosine, it noticeabley amplifies the dopaminergic effect ( more motivation, mental energy, ect..). I also accutely feel the effects from Alcar at 1500mg.. lifting of brain fog, better focus, etc..

#2285 BCho86

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:08 PM

MrHappy are u still taking Noopept along with Uridine every morning and evening?

#2286 Arjuna

• 130 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

I'm going to have to disagree with BlueCloud regarding uridine not having any isolated effects without the omega 3 and choline. I've taken omega 3 and choline alone, and the effects are different. [For those who are wondering I take 2gDHA 1gEPA 5gInositol 500mgUMP and 500mg Choline Bitartrate or have eggs]

Personally, I can tell you that in the beginning when I started taking uridine at night I would wake up with symptoms of high levels of dopamine, and have it throughout the day when I dosed in the morning. Symptoms include higher sex drive, deeper sleep (good dompamine transmission is required for REM states), increased drive of sociability, more active imagination, motivation/drive. I can tell you with a good degree of certainty that uridine DOES affect dopamine release, because I'm familiar with dopminergic drugs like ritalin, adderal, cocaine, tyrosine, mucuna puriens. The great thing about uridine is that it enhances dopamine while mitigating downregulation, it might be the perfect ADHD drug for that reason.

As for the other effects, they go really far into the placebo risk potential... I've been taking this combo for months, and I do feel that my brain is more "connected". I do feel greater long term memory recall and overall performance. I feel like this combo has enhanced my development, but I have no way of declaring this to be true. I have always been stretching my capabilities whether it be meditation, socializing, reading, working memory training, willpower challenges, exercise, and other practices, but since being on this combination I subjectively feel more capable of making new habits and developments, as if my brain is more plastic.

Also, I've tried CDP Choline, and it didn't work for me. I got the sweaty, speedy, anxiety effects of too much acetylcholine.

Edited by Arjuna, 22 December 2013 - 07:42 PM.

• like x 2

#2287 BCho86

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:55 AM

Arjuna whats the purpose for inositol in the uridine regimen?

#2288 Ghastly

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

I'm taking a b-complex that also contains folic acid, and taking 1g of DHA 2x a day, along with(250mg) CDP choline and (250mg) Uridine in (I take all of them in the morning).

I am trying to increase my overall dopamine levels, as I believe a coctail of drugs I have taken has damaged my pleasure perception somewhat.

Background: I have been smoking cannabis for about 1 year, fairly consistantly, (1-4x a week), and I was forced to take Cymbalta for 1 mounth. I could tell the first day that Cymbalta 'fuzzed me out', and it really fucked me up, I used to have such intense drive, comparable to the level of an aspie. (Mabie I am/was?) And now, it toned down my emotional spectrum, and reduced the hollistic pleasure I experience from smoking, and life in general.

After that(this was about 1 mounth after I fully quit Cymbalta), I took 2 blotters of complexed 25i-NBOMe in the same night, and ended up blacking out for several hours in my bed, before waking up and instantly getting the urge to cry.(I assume caused by lack of dopamine and a seratonin defiency), I was not tired at all when I got to bed, then I took the second tab, and blacked out from 4am-10-am. My eyelid of my right eye was slightly droopy. I feared a stroke, or something like that.(My eyelid has returned to normality since I started this regimine)

Now, my goals for all of this...

-I want to feel pleasure to a more intense degree(I want more dopamine, as Cymbalta tunes down dopamine release, nothing gets you excited),
-I want to have an emotional reaction to events, ie. feeling bad about a future event, or feeling excited.
- I want to have more intense highs from smoking cannabis, which I imagine the top 2 points would direclty help with.

To conclude, I essentially never feel the nervous buzz that anxiety brings, and want to bring my brain back to health.
If taking Uridine, CDP Choline, + DHA is tuning down my reaction to pleasure and cannabis(I am trying to strengthen my pleasure caused by the dopamine release caused by smoking), I am doing the opposite of what I set out too.

Please help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edited by Ghastly, 23 December 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#2289 Arjuna

• 130 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:16 PM

BCho89 - inositol, like choline, is used to make phospholipids. It isn't a necessary part of the combination, but it has been shown to increase receptor densities, so it could be synergistic.

Ghastly- Don't take psychedelics if your brain chemistry is recovering, that is really irresponsible. You could have higher levels of nuerotransmiters and still get sad and cry, because emotions aren't simply based on the levels. Your brain will adjust to a more emotionally sensitive state as you recover from the SSRI usage, and this combo could be helpful by promoting new synapses and dendrites. You should consider giving your brain a drug free period to adjust itself.

#2290 Ghastly

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

BCho89 - inositol, like choline, is used to make phospholipids. It isn't a necessary part of the combination, but it has been shown to increase receptor densities, so it could be synergistic.

Ghastly- Don't take psychedelics if your brain chemistry is recovering, that is really irresponsible. You could have higher levels of nuerotransmiters and still get sad and cry, because emotions aren't simply based on the levels. Your brain will adjust to a more emotionally sensitive state as you recover from the SSRI usage, and this combo could be helpful by promoting new synapses and dendrites. You should consider giving your brain a drug free period to adjust itself.

I am most concerned about the D2 lessening effects of Cymbalta, and the detachment of personality it causes through 5-HT2a burn-off.

#2291 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

1. The uridine stack + CILTEP is *really* great while it's working. I've gotten some of my highest cambridgebrainsciences.com scores ever while taking it.

2. The crash is very serotoniny. It's not a choline overload which creates these very obvious feelings of dread, headaches, neckaches, etc. It is also quickly fixed by tryptophan.

The uridine stack is dopaminergic, and isn't CILTEP also indirectly dopaminergic? What I'm thinking is that serotonin release is muted by higher levels of dopamine, and dopamine exists in a kind of see-saw balance with serotonin such that raising the level of one tends to depress the other, ceteris paribus. This is wild speculation, but I've found that I have to be cautious about elevating catecholamines at the expense of serotonin, as it tends to make me more aggressive and less emotionally sensitive, and can end in just feeling depressed. I use a sub-threshold dose of a tryptamine analog plus buspirone for the serotonin side and this helps, in addition to a gram or two of tryptophan per day.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#2292 happy santa

• 36 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

Hello! I discovered this thread and looked into this topic with great interest.
I have problems with anhedonia/lack of motivation, and would like to increase the dopamine receptor density.

I so far ordered Uridine UMP from superior nutraceutical, Omega-3, Vit B-complex, Magnesium 250mg, Vit D 2500iu.
I also supplement with kanna (which is said to have SSRI-properties).

I'm still open for the possibility to add choline (Alpha-GPC or CDP-choline), but I'm a little concerned with stacking it, since I've read about the possible side effects (headache, neck muscle tension, anxiety/depression). Since I already suffer from migraine/muscle tension headaches every now and then, depersonalization/brain fog, and in the past had problems with anxiety/depression, I would like to not make these symptoms worse.

So my question is: how effective will the stack will be without the choline involved?

Edited by happy santa, 27 December 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#2293 dancarlin0

• 17 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

So I think I've found a weird relationship with UMP and inositol. As I mentioned before it seemed the combo taken during the day made me feel mildly high and forgetful. So I tried to keep the mood altering benefit while avoiding the forgetfulness by taking UMP and high dose inositol at night. What I found wasn't expected. On both nights that i've tried this combo I had a lucid dream within an hour or two of going to bed. I think this was a WILD lucid dream because I noticed after taking it and sitting in bed the line between dreams and regular conciousness was blurred. In other words I could get sucked into my imagination, and see things vividly. Like I would think about a piece of paper, and suddenly I can see the text on the paper and the surroundings etc. So what I think is happening is high dose UMP and inositol makes Wake induced lucid dreaming very easy. I did this for the past to nights by taking 500mg UMP and 10grams inositol 30 minutes to an hour before sleeping, and then took melatonin .5mg like I usually do 30 minutes before bed. Without the combo I've only been able to do WILD dreaming on rare occasions when I'm very sleep deprived.
  • like x 1

#2294 hephaestus

• 180 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

I would suggest trying low doses of cdp, maybe 50mg. Probably easiest to split up some 250mg capsules.

#2295 happy santa

• 36 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:43 AM

I would suggest trying low doses of cdp, maybe 50mg. Probably easiest to split up some 250mg capsules.

thanks, but it didnt really answer my question though..

#2296 hephaestus

• 180 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:49 AM

I said you should try taking lower doses of choline, which implies that it is less effective without it.

#2297 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:54 AM

This might be due to other things as well (I used some Milk Thistle complex which contained dandelion, and quit prior to this) but I got some mild symptoms of gout. Basically the little "knuckle" on the outer side of my foot got swollen, and I seemed to get a lot of fluid into my feet (temporarily when standing up, which I dont know is related to gout or not however). The joints in my feet seemed quite unhappy in general.

I only used 250mg/day of CDP-choline (which increases Uridine), for say 10 days. Problems are long gone by now. Just something to keep in mind, and I know others have already mentioned the potential.

Just remember http://www.longecity..._30#entry487443

Edited by Nume, 29 December 2013 - 06:56 AM.

#2298 Potent

• 34 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:56 PM

For anyone on oral uridine dosing, do you think taking UMP on a full or empty stomach is better?

#2299 Potent

• 34 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

I have been taking jarrow uridine with success. I take it orally though, because when I weighed each cap, the weights weren't consistent. I trust that they put 250 mg UMP in each cap, but they likely vary the filler. So I just oral dose until I can find some pure UMP powder to try sublingual dosing.

But yeah, Jarrow 250 mg UMP, 2x per day, with fish oil, etc has worked for me, inducing antidepressant effects.

Edited by Potent, 29 December 2013 - 02:03 PM.

#2300 Jacob Norris

• 52 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

1. The uridine stack + CILTEP is *really* great while it's working. I've gotten some of my highest cambridgebrainsciences.com scores ever while taking it.

2. The crash is very serotoniny. It's not a choline overload which creates these very obvious feelings of dread, headaches, neckaches, etc. It is also quickly fixed by tryptophan.

The uridine stack is dopaminergic, and isn't CILTEP also indirectly dopaminergic? What I'm thinking is that serotonin release is muted by higher levels of dopamine, and dopamine exists in a kind of see-saw balance with serotonin such that raising the level of one tends to depress the other, ceteris paribus. This is wild speculation, but I've found that I have to be cautious about elevating catecholamines at the expense of serotonin, as it tends to make me more aggressive and less emotionally sensitive, and can end in just feeling depressed. I use a sub-threshold dose of a tryptamine analog plus buspirone for the serotonin side and this helps, in addition to a gram or two of tryptophan per day.

I'm concerned of this as well!!

Does anyone have anything to say about the possibility of negatively effecting your seritonin levels in your brain???

#2301 Puppeteer

• 127 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:24 AM

Does anyone know if tianeptine is contraindicated with the uridine stack?

#2302 happy santa

• 36 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

Another question:
Is there any study showing which specific dopamine receptors that are upregulated/increased in number? I'm sure D2 increases, but what about D1,3,4,5?
Also in which brain areas? I read the receptor density increases in the striatum. Any other area?

Edited by happy santa, 09 January 2014 - 08:21 PM.

• like x 1

#2303 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:31 PM

Another question:
Is there any study showing which specific dopamine receptors that are upregulated/increased in number? I'm sure D2 increases, but what about D1,3,4,5?
Also in which brain areas? I read the receptor density increases in the striatum. Any other area?

+1

#2304 Puppeteer

• 127 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

Can anyone else comment on the quality of Smart Powder's UMP?

http://www.smartpowd...rs-uridine.html

the last/only post in this thread regarding it said that the UMP they're stocking since confirming that their original batch was in fact uridine base still doesn't have the 'normal' UMP qualities.

#2305 czarnykokos

• 11 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

I was sent free uridine from SP as a word of sorry for my first purchase (I thought I was buying UMP and I received base uridine instead) - at second time it was supposed to be UMP but it seemed to be exactly the same powder (taste, consistency) causing exactly the same brain for as the previous one - all in all - I DO NOT RECOMMEND SMARTPOWDERS URIDINE

Edited by czarnykokos, 09 January 2014 - 11:16 PM.

• like x 1

#2306 DamnedOwl

• 120 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

the last/only post in this thread regarding it said that the UMP they're stocking since confirming that their original batch was in fact uridine base still doesn't have the 'normal' UMP qualities.

Yep, I can, and I'd been meaning to for a while actually.

Anyway, having ordered previously the base uridine from them which was practically without any noticeable effect, the UMP that they're now stocking is definitely similar (in effect) to the UMP that I'd much previously experienced and benefited from.

My verdict is that it's legit.

Edited by DamnedOwl, 09 January 2014 - 11:24 PM.

#2307 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:22 PM

i contacted SmartPowders a while back questioning the characteristics of the "UMP" uridine as well as the poorly composed COA... never got a reply though..I just sent a followup email.

#2308 Puppeteer

• 127 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

Anyway, having ordered previously the base uridine from them which was practically without any noticeable effect, the UMP that they're now stocking is definitely similar (in effect) to the UMP that I'd much previously experienced and benefited from.

How does the taste, appearance, texture. etc compare then? If it's pure UMP I struggle to understand how it could be as different in those regards as Adaptogen reported.

I think I might give these guys a shot: http://nootropicsdep...osphate-powder/ Cheaper and have a few good reviews floating around.

Edit: Hmm, actually, I'm not too sure. There's not really a heap of feedback for them and some of their prices seem way too good to be true. Can anyone vouch for their UMP?

Edited by Puppeteer, 09 January 2014 - 11:47 PM.

#2309 arboles

• 33 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:17 AM

Some UMP I purchased from Nootropics Depot just arrived in the mail a few days ago, along with some Lion's Mane, and PRL but have yet to start taking it. I have previously taken TAU from another seller and received positive results but decided to switch to UMP.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2310 DamnedOwl

• 120 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

How does the taste, appearance, texture. etc compare then? If it's pure UMP I struggle to understand how it could be as different in those regards as Adaptogen reported.

Admittedly, this is one part of my assertion (that it's legit) that perhaps doesn't sit too well. In appearance, it is white with a moderate tendency to clump a little, whereas other UMP (though also white) doesn't really clump at all. This inconsistency between the two I cannot explain. Having said that, this UMP from SP does readily dissolve under the tongue, and doesn't have a strong taste either.

All I can say is that if this stuff isn't actually UMP then it's still something that seems well worth taking. In fact, I ordered another two batches from SP last week.

By the way, just for reference, I've been taking between 300 to 400 mg of UMP sublingually per day split into two doses, with about 500 mg Citicoline, and about 660 mg DHA.

Just to add, the base uridine I'd previously got from SP does look very similar to their UMP (in terms of its moderate tendency to clump a little), however the base uridine has a very slightly creamy tint to it. The base uridine absolutely does not dissolve sublingually either, and both smells and tastes differently to their UMP.

Edited by DamnedOwl, 10 January 2014 - 11:25 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choline, uridine, dha, omega-3, epa, ump, tau, b vitamins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By