GPC (choline), Uridine, DHA

choline uridine dha omega-3 epa ump tau b vitamins

• Please log in to reply
2844 replies to this topic

#2311 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

Some UMP I purchased from Nootropics Depot just arrived in the mail a few days ago, along with some Lion's Mane, and PRL but have yet to start taking it. I have previously taken TAU from another seller and received positive results but decided to switch to UMP.

They are selling for a very attractive price, so anyone who can compare nootropics depot's UMP powder against Superior Nutraceutical's UMP powder should please post a review/comparison. I've been happy with Nootropics Depot and they have a good rep, so I'm optimistic. As a staple supplement for many of us it will be nice to see available for cheaper.

#2312 happy santa

• 36 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

I'm also wondering, how far between each other could you take the omega-3 from uridine? I take 250mg UMP in the morning after breakfast, with vitamin B-complex. Then later in the evening I take 250mg UMP, followed by a fatty meal togeher with the omega-3 and vitamin-d.

Would this affect the overall effects in any way, since I combine no omega-3 with the morning dosing of UMP? Or would I still be fine

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2313 bzyb

• 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:42 AM

Hi, just started this stack yesterday and I've kind of felt all over the place sometimes in a good and bad way I guess. Have had bouts of anxiety at times and really bad sleep (probably sleep apnea/shallow breath) within the last year or so. Also want to maintain good mood and cognitive regularity at work (not being all over the place), so that's what I'm looking for in this stack...to become more normalish I guess lol. This is what I took so I can remember and see if I'm doing it wrong or anything.

Sunday:
Morning: 250 UMP orally, fish oil, magnesium, alcar didnt really feel anything maybe uplift in mood and a little bit anxious. I have a feeling I should avoid taking alcar on its own, and maybe artichoke too in case of anxiety.

Afternoon: 250 UMP sublingually, 250 mg citicholine, fish oil. Generally calm and unanxious. Went to a a crowded noisy mall which usually makes me a bit anxious, but felt good and unanxious. Later in the night felt a bit down (took some tryptophan), couldn't really sleep until wee hours of morning even after taking melatonin.

Monday:
Morning: Woke up after four hours of sleep to go to work, feeling depressed and tired as all heck, but it could just be sleep deprivation on a monday morning. Eyes could barely open and probably looked at work like someone who didn't sleep, so tried to avoid people as much as I could. Didn't really feel like taking this stack again then. Took a zembrin and lots of coffee, didn't seem to help and was a bit anxious around lunch and hurriedly rushed out of the office.

Lunch: Went to my car took 250 mg UMP sublingually, fish oil, capsule of citicholine and a big bowl of soup and eggs. Didn't really feel awake or any better. Took a large dose of 2G piracetam which actually woke me up a bit. Hour later back to work, got a bit done, looked a lot more awake and normal than I did in the morning.

Evening: Ate a bunch of unhealthy gluten foods, didnt take anything at all. Tired and a bit down so I went into a half meditation/half sleep with cucumber on my eyes (for dark circles). Had the craziest, vivid dreams that I've had in a while...woke me up and felt like a cool experience. Felt great and was the first eye opening experience in a while (well one where I felt in control in and that is a good feeling).

I will try again in the morning the stack (250 UMP sublingually, fish oil, magnesium, multivitamin, 250 mg citicholine with the piracetam) and try to avoid taking the zembrin, although zembrin helps a short time for mood and anxiety. May take ashwaghanda or Inositol (since its not a gaba agnonist) as needed instead. Anyway will try to get good sleep tonight, and am hopeful that the results are more like the latter effects rather than former! Anyone take a similar or better stack for work and sleep?

Edited by bzyb, 14 January 2014 - 06:44 AM.

#2314 BCho86

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:56 AM

Has anyone confirmed that Nootropic Depots Uridine is actual Uridine Monophosphate? I've been getting my Uridine from Superior Neutraceuticals and their Uridine is top notch, but the Nootropic Depots Uridine price is very enticing.

#2315 Shinsou

• 14 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

Any good sources for UMP within in EU? The french site from earlier in the topic doesn't seem to carry it anymore.
Living in Germany where it would be problematic getting it from overseas.

#2316 Potent

• 34 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:26 AM

What's everyone's uridine dosing schedule look like?

2X / day... 3 X / day Uridine?

#2317 Droplet33

• 34 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:56 AM

If taken after 9AM in the morning, just 300mg once sub lingual. If taken very early (after waking up at around 6AM-7AM), no more than 250mg twice a day, mostly 4-5 hours between dosage :). Going higher dose cut off interest/emotions a bit too much to my taste and i find everything a bit boring.

I try to not take the second dosage past 3PM, otherwise my mind often race with new ideas and have hard time going to sleep, especially if i had a very intellectually stimulating afternoon :-D .

Edited by Droplet33, 19 January 2014 - 04:01 AM.

#2318 DamnedOwl

• 120 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:47 AM

Twice a day for me. 200mg sublingual upon waking, and then another 200mg about 5 hours later.

I also take 250mg Citicoline twice a day, and 440+220mg of DHA.

I'm using Smart Powders' UMP at the moment.

Major benefits for me are that I feel more motivated and a fairly clear-headed focus while using it as opposed to not using it. It would also appear to have a positive effect on my quality of sleep too.

One good thing about the stack that I really like is just how dependable it is for me; it always works! That's not something that can be said about all supplements and nootropics that I take or have taken.

I just wish I could get it working alongside the CILTEP stack - although this has a great deal to do with the difficulty I've encountered in even reliably reproducing the CILTEP effects alone - certainly in conjunction there is a very definite tendency towards inducing a slightly depressive state (as also reported by others). Tryptophan helps, but even when the depressive state is lifted somewhat, I'm not really left in a particularly functional state when it comes to a variety of cognitive tasks.

#2319 happy santa

• 36 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:02 PM

I take twice a day, minimum 4 hours apart.
This really left me wondering. Sometimes when I take uridine UMP, after breakfast-cereals + vitamin-b complex, I get sleepy. I just want to lay down and take a nap. Anyone experienced something similar? Maybe it could be that the dosing is too much? (I take between 200-250 mg)

#2320 Shinsou

• 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

Has anyone had positive results from the UMP capsules taken orally?
Very intrigued to try UMP but would have to try capsules until I can get a hold of the powder.

#2321 DamnedOwl

• 120 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

Has anyone had positive results from the UMP capsules taken orally?
Very intrigued to try UMP but would have to try capsules until I can get a hold of the powder.

I think generally people have found that they had to take more UMP orally than sublingually in order to get the same effect.

You could always just open the capsule and take its contents sublingually until you get the powder, by the way.

It's what I did at first, and it worked fine - even though the UMP mixed with excipients didn't dissolve under the tongue as well as pure UMP alone does.

#2322 Daryl

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

I've gotten an incredible amount of value from this thread (and continue to do so). As a former heavy user of Adderall and various party drugs, Uridine has become a linchpin in my nootropic regimen.

I wrote about my experience with Uridine here (+ some useful tips for beginners).
  • like x 1

#2323 freepie

• 15 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:52 AM

Hi all,

75mg sublingual UMP morning and night is not enough to combat my inability to focus and sluggishness. A couple of months ago I tried 100mg sublingual morning and night and it increased my OCD tendencies, so I wanna stick to 75mg sublingual morning and night. My question is, what's the best stimulant to combine with UMP that will least interfere with UMP's mechanisms of action?

About my current diet:
I aim for low-carb, high fat, moderate protein. I eat beef/chicken livers several times a week. I am supplementing DHA, EPA, Vitamin E, B vitamins, calcium, magnesium, grapeseed extract. I take one gram of piracetam twice daily. I take alpha GPC once in a while.

I feel tempted to start Bupropion XL 150mg daily, but in the past when I used to take Bupropion SR it messed up my memory so I am hesitant for that reason.

Can supplements like Creatine help?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Edited by freepie, 22 January 2014 - 03:09 AM.

#2324 freepie

• 15 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:18 AM

I should add that I took Effexor XR from age 14 to age 16, and Bupropion SR from age 16 to age 25. I was on Risperidone for 6 months when I was 14 years old, and then I was on Seroquel from age 14 to about age 22. I was on a low dose of Fluoxetine from age 22 to age 25.

I am currently 26. I have been taking the UMP stack for about 10 months now. I do get feelings of being overwhelmed easily ever since I stopped Bupropion SR.

Edited by freepie, 22 January 2014 - 04:02 AM.

#2325 BCho86

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

Can anyone describe how their UMP looks like? I got two versions; one from Superior Neutraceuticals and another from Nootroopics depot. The SN UMP is granular and the ND is powdery. What is going on? purity level is different?

#2326 Puppeteer

• 127 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:50 AM

My Uridine from SN is probably halfway between powdered sugar and white/table sugar... Can you detect a difference in their taste? Are you sensitive enough to uridine to detect a difference in efficacy?

Also, just wanted to pop in to say that UMP definitely makes caffeine very unpleasant for me. I was already very sensitive to the negative effects of caffeine and generally avoided coffee, but was fine with lightly caffeinated beverages/decaf coffee. I slipped up and drank a 600ml bottle of Coke earlier and am now experiencing far more head pressure, brain fog, and anxiety than I would've normally.

#2327 andyr300

• 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:47 AM

I'm about to get Uridine but not sure of the effectiveness of SmartPowders compared to SN. I'd like to get SmartPowders UMP to determine if I'm a positive responder to it rather than SN due to it's cost. Is it as effective?

#2328 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:11 AM

I'm about to get Uridine but not sure of the effectiveness of SmartPowders compared to SN. I'd like to get SmartPowders UMP to determine if I'm a positive responder to it rather than SN due to it's cost. Is it as effective?

Personally, I do not trust SmartPowders UMP...The owner said he would investigate into the quality of their ump and get back to me, yet a month has passed and he never did.
feel free to email him and ask why his UMP has the characteristics of plain vanilla uridine: sales@smartpowders.com

Edited by Adaptogen, 27 January 2014 - 07:12 AM.

• like x 1

#2329 happy santa

• 36 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

I take twice a day, minimum 4 hours apart.
This really left me wondering. Sometimes when I take uridine UMP, after breakfast-cereals + vitamin-b complex, I get sleepy. I just want to lay down and take a nap. Anyone experienced something similar? Maybe it could be that the dosing is too much? (I take between 200-250 mg)

Btw, if anyone would stumble across this, I found out it is probably the vitamin-b complex that was causing my sleepiness, more precisely the vitamin b12 (cyanocobalamin)
  • like x 1

#2330 Jochen

• 157 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:12 AM

Any good sources for UMP within in EU? The french site from earlier in the topic doesn't seem to carry it anymore.
Living in Germany where it would be problematic getting it from overseas.

Also looking into this.
capsules are not hard to find (albeit not that cheap).

this is what I order at the moment http://www.detoxpeop...t_detail&p=1444

I have ordered the http://www.amazon.de...eywords=uridine in the past.
They had more fillers in my opinion.

Writing to a dozen suppliers now to see if they could stock the powder.

The "ebay" suppliers typically don't deliver to Spain, Germany and Norway (customs troubles).

would be great to get input from people who have been successful in buying bulk powder in the EU (and mainly above mentioned countries).

#2331 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:33 AM

Uridine is one of the four basic components of ribonucleic acid (RNA); the other three are adenosine, guanosine, and cytidine.

So why not take an RNA supplement which LEF sells? Is the uridine in it just low? There are some supplements out there with the DNA/RNA combo as well like from cellfood: http://www.cellfood.com/dna.htm

Edited by eon, 28 January 2014 - 08:50 AM.

• dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#2332 Droplet33

• 34 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

I have been tried and talked about in this thread, RNA doesn't seem to work if memory recall.

#2333 bzyb

• 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:02 AM

Hi all,

75mg sublingual UMP morning and night is not enough to combat my inability to focus and sluggishness. A couple of months ago I tried 100mg sublingual morning and night and it increased my OCD tendencies, so I wanna stick to 75mg sublingual morning and night. My question is, what's the best stimulant to combine with UMP that will least interfere with UMP's mechanisms of action?

I've been trying to find out what is the best stimulant to use with this stack since my old flame coffee doesn't synergise well with the stack. I don't know if these are stimulants, but I use piracetam and cdp choline to give me a bit more burn. Specifically large doses of 4.5 grams plus of piracetam seems to be a working doses (for me at least). Taken a larger dose of uridine sublingually does help as well, but like you it can be a bit much for me.

The stack works great as an anxiolytic and making me feel calm (which is great when you have family issues) especially sublingually, just sometimes on it I feel a bit closed, muted, blunted emotions etc. Now this is without choline (and after i took choline I felt a bit better), and with choline. I've also never taken more than one capsule of 250mg UMP at a time.

I took the ssri-like herb kanna with it and I don't think it helped and felt more down. I am wondering what are some good or not good things to stack in relation to the blues like trytophan/5-htp/bacopa/ashwagandha/inositol, will stuff like this react well or not well with the stack? Getting closer to a sociable work stack that fits my brain chemistry!

Edited by bzyb, 29 January 2014 - 01:23 AM.

#2334 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:55 AM

"doesn't seem" could mean that you either didn't really try to make it work. How long were you on it? What brand and what dosage? If you can't recall then you weren't in it for the long haul. RNA and DNA is not as easy to find cheaply as piracetam is so whoever was hating on the DNA and RNA supplements probably could not afford it to begin with for long term use (more than a bottle or spray). It is supposed to be for "cellular support" so I'm not sure you're supposed to feel anything with it as it is cellular. It's not something you use before a workout and start noticing energy levels the way synephrine does for me.

I have been tried and talked about in this thread, RNA doesn't seem to work if memory recall.

Edited by eon, 29 January 2014 - 07:57 AM.

• dislike x 3

#2335 hephaestus

• 180 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

"doesn't seem" could mean that you either didn't really try to make it work. How long were you on it? What brand and what dosage? If you can't recall then you weren't in it for the long haul. RNA and DNA is not as easy to find cheaply as piracetam is so whoever was hating on the DNA and RNA supplements probably could not afford it to begin with for long term use (more than a bottle or spray). It is supposed to be for "cellular support" so I'm not sure you're supposed to feel anything with it as it is cellular. It's not something you use before a workout and start noticing energy levels the way synephrine does for me.

Read the thread. It's not the job of every poster to defend something they read 30 pages ago.
  • like x 1

#2336 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

Someone mentioned to take an equal amount of RNA with DNA (i.e. 100mg of each for example). Right? Just bought one.

The best/cheapest source of uridine is RNA. lef has a decent RNA product.

Other sources of uridine are yeast extract, beer etc.

I have been taking CDP-Choline, 500mg daily split 2x. Does this mean I already have some uridine in my system?

Btw, I am also taking CDP-choline at 250mg a day. I wonder if the urdine from CDP-choline is more bioavailable.

I feel good regardless. My stack could be an equivalent to the stack based on this thread. My uridine is CDP Choline as well as choline (I use ALCAR too). I'm not on Alpha GPC since I already have a choline source (CDP). My DHA is algae base, 200mg daily split 2x. Is my stack comparable to the uridine, GPC, DHA stack? If not, this is why I am adding the RNA/DNA supplement for my "uridine". Good?

This combination of supps has been discussed before. I don't remember anyone feeling anything remarkable on it.

How much mg of RNA or DNA or Brewers Yeast would equal to 200-250mg of uridine?

Currently a-gpc 500mg, uridine 200-250mg, flaxseed oil - 4 caps..

All once per day.. Was contemplating an increase to 500mg of uridine after reading the parkinson's trial, although this is working well, so it's just curiosity.

Still chewing on the previous links for the moment.

I didn't follow the whole thread. Why only 2 weeks? what happens after 2 weeks of use?

ok i took 1 500 mg CDP choline pill, 1000mg max dha and 1g of uridine. So i have to do this for at least 2 weeks right? And also adding a b complex?

ok so I don't need a single uridine supplement since I could get my uridine from my CDP Choline and or RNA/DNA supplement? Cool.

I'm also very interested in uridine, but am concerned about the possible cancer effect. I've read a study that 500mg CDP-Choline increases plasma uridine level by 70-90% (search CDP-Choline and uridine and you will find it). How is this comparing with direct intake of uridine and do you think taking CDP-Choline comparable to (or nearly so) uridine directly?

Hmm, do you have a link or a reason to suspect a cancer effect?

CDP-choline(cytidine 5'-diphosphocholine) supplies cytidine(also a nucleoside) which is converted to uridine. So it's about the same thing.

#2337 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:41 AM

Someone mentioned to take an equal amount of RNA with DNA (i.e. 100mg of each for example). Right? Just bought one.

From my personal experience (and others here), you'll see a completely different effect with a uridine supplement as opposed to obtaining it from food and RNA sources. Ditto CDP-Choline.

You'll also notice that people on here have commented about different results between 'vanilla' uridine, triacetyl-uridine and uridine-5'-monophosphate di-sodium.
While I haven't tried 'vanilla' uridine, I do mostly use UMP, but I switch to TAU when travelling via plane / airports.

I'm currently taking CDP-Choline as my choline source and I can tell you from experience that even at 10x the equivalent dose, by weight, CDP-Choline does not provide the same effects as UMP.

Suggest checking out Superior Nutraceuticals, but not the 'enhanced' version.
  • like x 1

#2338 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

From my personal experience (and others here), you'll see a completely different effect with a uridine supplement as opposed to obtaining it from food and RNA sources. Ditto CDP-Choline.

You'll also notice that people on here have commented about different results between 'vanilla' uridine, triacetyl-uridine and uridine-5'-monophosphate di-sodium.
While I haven't tried 'vanilla' uridine, I do mostly use UMP, but I switch to TAU when travelling via plane / airports.

I'm currently taking CDP-Choline as my choline source and I can tell you from experience that even at 10x the equivalent dose, by weight, CDP-Choline does not provide the same effects as UMP.

Suggest checking out Superior Nutraceuticals, but not the 'enhanced' version.

In my case, I think the CDP-Choline was essentially the benefits of cytidine with the negative effects of choline.
Also, the RNA supplement probably has a number of different effects mixed together. For instance, Adenosine can induce sleep.

Is TAU much superior to UMP?

#2339 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:02 PM

Uridine is one of the four basic components of ribonucleic acid (RNA); the other three are adenosine, guanosine, and cytidine.

So why not take an RNA supplement which LEF sells? Is the uridine in it just low? There are some supplements out there with the DNA/RNA combo as well like from cellfood: http://www.cellfood.com/dna.htm

Pure RNA supplements generally won't work, since they are just that, RNA. The Uridine in these supplements will just be digested away.

There are some choices for a more "complete" solution tho. You just have to make sure to get them all as Nucleoside Monophosphates.

https://www.google.c...ved=0CGoQ8wIwAQ
https://www.google.c...ed=0CJQBEKYrMAM

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2340 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

In my case, I think the CDP-Choline was essentially the benefits of cytidine with the negative effects of choline.
Also, the RNA supplement probably has a number of different effects mixed together. For instance, Adenosine can induce sleep.

Is TAU much superior to UMP?

It seem to be around 4-5x more bioavailable than oral dosing of UMP, but sublingual UMP provides better value at around 6-7x oral UMP.
Some people also have reported different/null reactions with TAU. Personally, I find both effective, but a small, vendor-labeled bottle of TAU is rather less effort to explain to customs / airport security than my bag of unidentified white powder. :)
  • Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choline, uridine, dha, omega-3, epa, ump, tau, b vitamins

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By