LOG- C60-Log

c60 buckyballs fullerene buckyball

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#61 jg42122

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:13 AM

In my case I don't know if I would describe it as more energy, just a clearer, overall feeling it is not an artificial feeling like an energy, or caffeine pill. Before I would sit around and wait to do stuff, and now I get up and do it without thinking twice about it.

#62 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:33 AM

In my case I don't know if I would describe it as more energy, just a clearer, overall feeling it is not an artificial feeling like an energy, or caffeine pill. Before I would sit around and wait to do stuff, and now I get up and do it without thinking twice about it.

My point is that if you've ever been on a mitochondrial uncoupler...you would know it...any type of activity requires extra effort because you are constantly tired and have no energy to spare...the opposite of what people are describing.
  • like x 2

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 jg42122

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:06 AM

My point is that if you've ever been on a mitochondrial uncoupler...you would know it...any type of activity requires extra effort because you are constantly tired and have no energy to spare...the opposite of what people are describing.

I agree, I just wanted to explain the feeling so that if someone tried it they wouldn't expect an energy rush like a caffeine pill or an artificial feeling.

#64 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

I took the day off from the c60 yesterday, and this morning while taking my antibiotics for my bladder infection I am 100% sure it is gone now no burning for the last 24 hrs even after drinking a Coke and a Mountain dew.

Sorry this is off-topic but why do you keep drinking sugary-shit like that? I mean, it's not that it's difficult to avoid soda's as you cannot consume them by accident. You could find a substitute that is much less damaging, like flavoured sparkling mineral water with little or no sugar.

#65 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

I took the day off from the c60 yesterday, and this morning while taking my antibiotics for my bladder infection I am 100% sure it is gone now no burning for the last 24 hrs even after drinking a Coke and a Mountain dew.

Sorry this is off-topic but why do you keep drinking sugary-shit like that? I mean, it's not that it's difficult to avoid soda's as you cannot consume them by accident. You could find a substitute that is much less damaging, like flavoured sparkling mineral water with little or no sugar.

It's not really off-topic because after all the thread is about jg42122's health. I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't want to give him any crap about it because that never gets you where you want to be. I used to be jg- a pack of Marlboros, a sixpack of coke, and overweight. Now I'm eating paleo and I have sixpack abs. Anyway, it would be awesome if jg was to take a few steps to take his health to the next level. If those drinks are sugared, then switching to something better would have a big effect. If they're already diet, then there's still better alternatives but they're already not that bad.
  • like x 2

#66 jg42122

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

Well considering I used to be a 12-18 pack of Budweiser a day kind of guy, and I have not had a beer in yrs I think it's ok to have a Mountain dew once or twice a day. I may not be at the "paleo and sixpack abs" level, but I have taken many steps to better my health, to stay active I coach, and play baseball, I take karate as well. I also drink a considerable amount of Gatorade and water during the day. I just like to have a soda with my meals. Now if I could quit smoking, that would be great, I have smoked cigarettes for over 20 yrs, and I agree I need to stop.

After taking the c60 last night this morning I noticed my tongue was sore again. I also had a lot of mucas in my sinuses, but hardly none in my lungs. It's like it gets redirected.

#67 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

To be honest, I think a 12-pack of Budweiser might be less bad for you than copious amounts of high-sugar drinks like soda or gatorade. I always opt for beer if there's a choice between soda or beer and I'm sure that my choice is vastly more healthy (and more fun too).

For quitting smoking I can recommed switching to snus (type of smokeless tobacco from Sweden/Norway). Strong brands contain way higher amounts of nicotine than anyone could get from smoking, so you will not be suffering physical withdrawal symptoms. An nicotine containing electric cigarette might be an option too. The trick is to transfer your nicotine-addiction onto a less-harmful product. It's doable and well worth it. Quitting nicotine totally is way harder.

#68 jg42122

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

The Gatorade I drink is the sport version it has very little sugar only 30 calories per 12 oz. I tried the electric cigarette but it didn't work for me I wanted to smoke a cigarette after smoking one of those. I did the patch for a while but the nightmares, and headaches were too much for me. The patch would have been great if it wasn't for that it is the only product that has ever really helped. I have tried the camel snus before, and it is pretty good too. I have never tried snus as an alternative to smoking though I will look into it. My doctor prescribed me Chantex, but at 150.00 for a starter kit I could never talk myself into buying it.

#69 HighDesertWizard

• 830 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

After taking the c60 last night this morning I noticed my tongue was sore again. I also had a lot of mucas in my sinuses, but hardly none in my lungs. It's like it gets redirected.

The details of your story are useful for us to understand. We can try to link your story to specific scientific studies descriptions and explanations.

So you're saying when you use C60 the mucus moves from your lungs to your sinuses. Right? And also your tongue is sore. Right?

Could you do the group a favor? At some point, could you stop taking both Olive Oil and C60 and then restart Olive Oil only to see if there is a difference in the effects you feel?

Thanks.

#70 jg42122

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

The details of your story are useful for us to understand. We can try to link your story to specific scientific studies descriptions and explanations.

So you're saying when you use C60 the mucus moves from your lungs to your sinuses. Right? And also your tongue is sore. Right?

Could you do the group a favor? At some point, could you stop taking both Olive Oil and C60 and then restart Olive Oil only to see if there is a difference in the effects you feel?

Thanks.

Yes the mucas moves from my lungs to my sinuses, and yes my tongue has a burning type feeling when I am taking the c60. I did not take any c60 while I was on my antibiotics and the mucas moved back to my lungs, and the burning feeling died down, after restarting the c60 last night I woke up and noticed these effects instantly.

#71 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

Tongue burning feeling from high quality olive oil is expected.
http://community.wdd...-olive-oil.aspx

"The health secret of olive oil was discovered by accident. Dr Gary Beauchamp, of the Monell Chemical Senses Center in Philadelphia, was tasting some freshly-pressed olive oil when he noticed a burning sensation at the back of his throat. It was exactly the same sensation as the bitterness and burning he experienced when he tested liquid ibuprofen in cold medicines.
"The moment I felt that burn, I saw the whole picture in my head," he said."

Edited by zorba990, 22 June 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#72 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

To be honest, I think a 12-pack of Budweiser might be less bad for you than copious amounts of high-sugar drinks like soda or gatorade. I always opt for beer if there's a choice between soda or beer and I'm sure that my choice is vastly more healthy (and more fun too).

For quitting smoking I can recommed switching to snus (type of smokeless tobacco from Sweden/Norway). Strong brands contain way higher amounts of nicotine than anyone could get from smoking, so you will not be suffering physical withdrawal symptoms. An nicotine containing electric cigarette might be an option too. The trick is to transfer your nicotine-addiction onto a less-harmful product. It's doable and well worth it. Quitting nicotine totally is way harder.

I would take the beer over soda any day as well.....and probably add years to my life (IMO). By the way, I don't drink soda, just making a point.

There are a ton of non-sugar, artificially sweetened, products out there nowadays. If you freak-out (ala Mercola) over every single artificial sweetener, not to worry, there are more natural low calorie and zero calorie sweeteners available as well that you can add yourself, to coffee, to tea, to water if you want.

Anyway, go to the grocery store and scan the isle for different waters, fizzy stuff, zero calorie juice-type stuff. If you think you feel good right now, just wait until you kick sugar (especially fructose) to the curb.

#73 Raphy

• 77 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

I wonder if the excess sweating doesn't come from olie oil as weel. As I'm trying to drink some olive oil every day and it does make me "feel hot" for an hour or so.

#74 HighDesertWizard

• 830 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

Yes the mucas moves from my lungs to my sinuses, and yes my tongue has a burning type feeling when I am taking the c60. I did not take any c60 while I was on my antibiotics and the mucas moved back to my lungs, and the burning feeling died down, after restarting the c60 last night I woke up and noticed these effects instantly.

Chronic exposure to TNF-alpha increases airway mucus gene expression in vivo

There are at least a dozen studies finding roughly the same relationship between TNF and airway/lung mucus. Search "tnf mucus lung" to see for yourself.

And we know that Olive Oil in the gut stimulates/activates the Cholinergic Anti-Inflammatory Pathway (CAIP) and that the CAIP inhibits TNF. To my knowledge, there is no stronger dietary means for activating the CAIP than Olive Oil.

If you were my friend or relative, I'd be pushing on you hard to continue to consume lots of Olive Oil even after you stop including C60 because suppressing TNF is important to Longevity.

#75 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

Well, if we've established anything in this thread so far, it's that whatever olive oil you are using, it must be high quality. :)
  • like x 1

#76 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

All this talk of TNF inhibition isnt necessarilly all good news to me. Inflammation is necessary for healing from injuries, and TNF is an important cytokine in triggering the inflammatory (healing) processes. I know of several fluoroquinolones victims that have had good results with prolotherapy which I am planning to try. Corticosteroids greatly worsen all of our symptoms. Prolotherapy is the injection of irritant (dextrose) into a tendon or ligament with chronic, non-healing tendinosis (what I have, no more inflammation), in order to trigger an inflammatory response (=> more blood flow, increased vascularization, attraction of platelets and growth factors) which will hopefully lead to remodeling and strengthening of the targeted tissue. (similar philosophy as shockwave therapy, and dermaneedling for the skin). Now maybe a "systemic" reduction of pro-inflammatory cytokines is nothing but good news (againdt cancer risks, for longevity etc) but I just hope it wouldnt be strong enough to impair healthy healing processes ( and efficacious defense against pathogens?). NSAIDS and corticoids are known to cause weakened tendons in the long term.

EDIT : WCCA, I have not read that article yet but a quick glance at it tells me it looks very interestring and instructive. I will read it, thanks for pointing it to me. However, as a sufferer of idiopathic chronic inflamation (CPPS, bacterial or not is not known) and other degenerative conditions caused by quinolone intoxication where a healthy healing process is needed (ALL autoimmune markers are off) the little I have educated myself about he immune system leads me to think it is way over my head whatever I may read about it, and it still is anyway quite incompletely understood by doctors at the moment, and it seems to be all about a balance that seems pretty much impossible to fix intentionnally with drugs or supplements... The role and involvement of cytokines, the various leucocytes (and the lymphocytes th1/th2 balance theory), glands like thymus, hormones,and (last but not least) the gut flora all make it a real clusterf@ck for scientists and for me to deal with and it doesnt seem like I can do anything besides "crapshooting". Your "deal with it cytokine by cytokine" advice seems absolutely irrealistic and impractical to me I must say. I am still trying to promote healthy pathogen defense while containing inflammation without compromising healing with diet and various supplements but I cant fool myself thinking that every single thing Im doing will have the targeted effect.

Edited by daouda, 22 June 2012 - 09:03 PM.

#77 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

"The health secret of olive oil was discovered by accident. Dr Gary Beauchamp, of the Monell Chemical Senses Center in Philadelphia, was tasting some freshly-pressed olive oil when he noticed a burning sensation at the back of his throat. It was exactly the same sensation as the bitterness and burning he experienced when he tested liquid ibuprofen in cold medicines.

I have been gulping (mostly french) olive oil just because I love it (I am mediterranean) for many years and yes it will often burn the back of my throat when I do it... but not the tongue
I never associated this with quality...The c60/OO i got does NOT burn like this, could it be that its of inferior quality?...

Edited by daouda, 22 June 2012 - 09:11 PM.

#78 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

All this talk of TNF inhibition isnt necessarilly all good news to me. Inflammation is necessary for healing from injuries, and TNF is an important cytokine in triggering the inflammatory (healing) processes. I know of several fluoroquinolones victims that have had good results with prolotherapy which I am planning to try. Corticosteroids greatly worsen all of our symptoms. Prolotherapy is the injection of irritant (dextrose) into a tendon or ligament with chronic, non-healing tendinosis (what I have, no more inflammation), in order to trigger an inflammatory response (=> more blood flow, increased vascularization, attraction of platelets and growth factors) which will hopefully lead to remodeling and strengthening of the targeted tissue. (similar philosophy as shockwave therapy, and dermaneedling for the skin). Now maybe a "systemic" reduction of pro-inflammatory cytokines is nothing but good news (againdt cancer risks, for longevity etc) but I just hope it wouldnt be strong enough to impair healthy healing processes ( and efficacious defense against pathogens?). NSAIDS and corticoids are known to cause weakened tendons in the long term.

EDIT : WCCA, I have not read that article yet but a quick glance at it tells me it looks very interestring and instructive. I will read it, thanks for pointing it to me. However, as a sufferer of idiopathic chronic inflamation (CPPS, bacterial or not is not known) and other degenerative conditions caused by quinolone intoxication where a healthy healing process is needed (ALL autoimmune markers are off) the little I have educated myself about he immune system leads me to think it is way over my head whatever I may read about it, and it still is anyway quite incompletely understood by doctors at the moment, and it seems to be all about a balance that seems pretty much impossible to fix intentionnally with drugs or supplements... The role and involvement of cytokines, the various leucocytes (and the lymphocytes th1/th2 balance theory), glands like thymus, hormones,and (last but not least) the gut flora all make it a real clusterf@ck for scientists and for me to deal with and it doesnt seem like I can do anything besides "crapshooting". Your "deal with it cytokine by cytokine" advice seems absolutely irrealistic and impractical to me I must say. I am still trying to promote healthy pathogen defense while containing inflammation without compromising healing with diet and various supplements but I cant fool myself thinking that every single thing Im doing will have the targeted effect.

It might be easier and cheaper to stimulate healing inflammation with the foam roller on most tendons, and if deeper stimulation was needed it could be done with acupuncture. The foam roller is non invasive and pressure can be ramped up slowly to avoid and pulls or tears in weak tissue. Worth a shot anyway. You should be able to get that good 24-48 hrs of inflammation stimulation to most tendons that way. Anything over that I would think is more chronic inflammation for which natural anti-oxidants/anti-inflammatories would be helpful to break the cycle. So the foam roller is a good test anyway...

#79 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

Well Ive been foam rolling (and also using other self myofascial release techniques) almost daily for two years while lifting weight etc... Post-quinolone damage it helps somewhat with the muscle pains but isnt doing anything for the tendons... And I dont think it is supposed to as it is aimed at releasing the fascia and adressing trigger points etc, not triggering inflammation to heal chronic tendinosis.

#80 HighDesertWizard

• 830 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:07 PM

daouda... I understand you have health conditions that are complex, painful, and stressful. I've been there and I can empathize. And I do wish you well...

I've only skimmed your posts. What strikes me is that you are flailing for solutions. Your posts indicate a willingness to try things that can be shown to be the wrong thing in 2 minutes of google searching... Case in point...

With reference to "tendinosis" in your post above, I went to this wikipedia page and found that it is an INFLAMMATORY condition implicating TNF, among other inflammatory cytokines... And the Prolotherapy you discussed creates even more inflammation... This is a serious error of analysis and diagnosis...

In short, you've got significant confusion of symptoms, diseases, and solutions going on. No one can help you if you are unwilling to take a serious look at your symptoms, symptom by symptom, and figure out what to do...

I am willing to help you think this through. Here's what you need to do to get my help.
  • create another forum thread to discuss your issues--don't get this thread off track... And, BTW, you ARE getting this thread off track and some moderator, at some point, will need to move your posts to another thread if you continue to do that.
  • make a list of all your symptoms and their status...
  • do some quick google queries and note, for each symptom, whether it is an inflammatory or an Immune Deficiency issue
  • post your list of symptoms, current status, and disease type you think it is and the link you used in that thread
  • point me to that thread AFTER you've completed ALL the steps above
You say that my advice is "crapshooting." You're confused. I haven't minimized any of your symptoms. And I picked out the error above. And if you do ALL the simple things I've asked you to do above, I'll help you to think things through...

I wish you the best no matter what path you choose!

Edited by wccaguy, 22 June 2012 - 11:21 PM.

• dislike x 3

#81 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:47 PM

With reference to "tendinosis" in your post above, I went to this wikipedia page and found that it is an INFLAMMATORY condition implicating TNF, among other inflammatory cytokines... And the Prolotherapy you discussed creates even more inflammation... This is a serious error of analysis and diagnosis...

I am well aware of what is tendinosis (NOT tendonitis), and you are the one mistaken here. Google is your friend only of you use it carefully (and "2 minutes of googling" rarely lead to smarter insights vs someone who has been researching and going from doctor to physiotherapist for 10 months non stop.)

Here a simple explanation :
http://www.elitespor...-vs--tendonitis
"The term tendinosis was first used in the 1940s by a group of German researchers, however the term did not receive much attention until it was used again in the mid 1980s to describe a non-inflammatory tendon condition. The more commonly used term of tendinitis has since been proven to be a misnomer for several reasons. The first of which is that there is a lack of inflammatory cells in conditions that were typically called a tendonitis. Since inflammation is the key pathological process involved with that term, and the discovery that there in fact were no, or very few, inflammatory cells present in the condition, a new term was adopted  tendinosis. This has a much greater impact then just the name one calls a condition, it also has a profound impact on how the condition is treated."

Chronic "tendonitis" is actually extremely rare as there is no inflammation going on past the acute phase, which is precisely the problem as the tendon remain weak with erratic arrangement of collagen fibers etc... Which is why triggering inflammation is what is needed and is often proven beneficial. Prolotherapy, or shockwave therapy, nitroglycerin patches, PRP, are the only way to rebuild strong tendons that havent been able to strengthen past the actue inflammatory phase, which often happens because tendons are poorly vascularized to begin with. 10 months after the acute recation to the drug I am looong past the inflammatory phase. All the inflammatory markers (CRP etc) are low, no swelling etc... Again, I know several ppl with exactly the same problem as mine for whom prolotherapy has been beneficial. And NSAIDs and corticoid (again) greatly worsens our condition. Have you read what I have written? Chronic NSAIDs use is well known to weaken tendons over time... Corticoids inflitrations often lead to tendon rupture, after a short lived relief by inhibition of the inflammation.
Also, quinolones are TNF INHIBITORS while still doing all this damage.

In short, you've got significant confusion of symptoms, diseases, and solutions going on. No one can help you if you are unwilling to take a serious look at your symptoms, symptom by symptom, and figure out what to do...

Besides you are the one that is confused, do you really think that I have not done all that and more already? I have improved leaps and bounds and done some many things, done so many tests, and have been educating most of the docs I went to along the way by spoon-feeding them with up to date research as most of them are either ignorant, incomptent, lazy, or all of these.
I am not "flailing for solutions" and am probably smarter than what you seem to think I am, english is only my 3rd langage so maybe this is what lead you to think, after quickly visiting an irrelevant wikipedia page (come on) that you could help me. I appreciate the intention (but not really the somewhat condescending tone) although it is obvious you cant.

If you want great information on tendinopathy and tendon healing, read this http://scottsevinsky...ling_repair.pdf . And I am not writing this tongue in cheek, it is obvious that you have a lot of misconceptions about inflammation (which is not all evil as you seem to simplisticly beleive) and tendons and this article is well written, pretty much up to date and a gold mine of synthetic information.

About "crapshooting" I was not talking about you btw, but about what is left for me to do in the face of the limited knowledge of medecine. Because realistically, after a lot of methodical research and testing etc, it appears that in reality it is all i will really be able to do, and if you think otherwise, then I beleive you are somewhat delusional and greatly overestimating the state of the current knowledge of medical science. The field of immunology especially, although we have been a long way, is still pretty much virgin land. And instead of pretending to be a scientist because I use pubmed, I choose to admit that this is all way over my head.

Now JG, sorry for derailing your thread (I use a smaller font to try and minimize the size of this post)

Edited by daouda, 23 June 2012 - 12:40 AM.

• like x 1

#82 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:56 AM

Well Ive been foam rolling (and also using other self myofascial release techniques) almost daily for two years while lifting weight etc... Post-quinolone damage it helps somewhat with the muscle pains but isnt doing anything for the tendons... And I dont think it is supposed to as it is aimed at releasing the fascia and adressing trigger points etc, not triggering inflammation to heal chronic tendinosis.

Slow, controlled pressure right along the tendon with the roller should produce results -- you should be sore for 24-48 hours all along the tendon. It's a bit different than rolling and looking for trigger points and takes a bit more concentration. If the foam roller isn't hard enough then use a something harder like a softball, but be careful not to bruise the tissue.

Here's a resource:
http://davidlasnier.com/tag/tendinosis

I haven't progressed to the PVC pipe yet :-) but I have used a softball on the hamstrings.

Edited by zorba990, 23 June 2012 - 01:30 AM.

#83 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:06 AM

Ive been using lacrosse balls too, not really useful for this, I think what you are trying to achieve with a foam roller or softball is best done with steel instruments = Graston or Gua sha massage technique. Some floxed ppl have used it with not much success whereas prolotherapy really improved them. Quinolone-induced tendinopathies are much harder to treat that regular "overuse" tendinoapthies. Now thanks for your help but this thread is being seriously derailed now so please lets forget about me in here! Thanks

So JG I am curious about your C60/OO. Does it have the deep blood/ruby red color? Has the seller disclosed the olive oil (origin, brand?) he's used for his mix?

Edited by daouda, 23 June 2012 - 01:08 AM.

#84 NewtonPulsifer

• 13 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:28 AM

I only get the burning feeling from EVOO in the back of the throat, and only immediately after swallowing it. Definitely not the tongue, and definitely not the next morning.

#85 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

I only get the burning feeling from EVOO in the back of the throat, and only immediately after swallowing it. Definitely not the tongue, and definitely not the next morning.

Yeah, I have some very high polyphenol EVOO, and it has a major burn, but only immediately after using it. Certainly not the next day.

#86 jg42122

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:59 AM

I am not sure what type of olive oil is in the c60 mix, it does have the same color as all of the other pics posted. I know one thing without a doubt this stuff increases the life of my other meds by 100%. I took one and a half pills yesterday at 8am, I had to lower my dose by 1/2 a pill because my normal two pills was so strong the day before it gave me a headache. At 1 am in the morning I was still feeling them, that is 17 hrs later.

Energy level is still better than it has been in yrs. My taste is off the charts, and yesterday for the first time in 5 yrs I mowed my yard and was not in pain, or exhausted when I got off the mower.

I would take this stuff for those benefits alone.

#87 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

I know one thing without a doubt this stuff increases the life of my other meds by 100%. I took one and a half pills yesterday at 8am, I had to lower my dose by 1/2 a pill because my normal two pills was so strong the day before it gave me a headache. At 1 am in the morning I was still feeling them, that is 17 hrs later.

Cytochrome P450 inhibition? With all this talk of C60 concentrating in the liver, it wouldnt be surprizing it has such kind of effect. This is a very important thing to clarify ASAP as it could be very dangerous for some people taking certain drugs. But it could also affect metabolism of supplements and lead to unwanted effects.
JG, are you a coffea drinker? If so, have you noticed a difference in the way caffeine affects you?

Edited by daouda, 24 June 2012 - 12:32 PM.

#88 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

I know one thing without a doubt this stuff increases the life of my other meds by 100%. I took one and a half pills yesterday at 8am, I had to lower my dose by 1/2 a pill because my normal two pills was so strong the day before it gave me a headache. At 1 am in the morning I was still feeling them, that is 17 hrs later.

Cytochrome P450 inhibition? With all this talk of C60 concentrating in the liver, it wouldnt be surprizing it has such kind of effect. This is a very important thing to clarify ASAP as it could be very dangerous for some people taking certain drugs.

This is a reasonable suggestion. The metabolism of tramadol is complex, but two of the major steps are catalyzed by CYP2D6 and CYP3A4. I'm suspicious of 3A4 in particular, since it has a large hydrophobic cavity at the active site. It's entirely conceivable that C60 could be a 3A4 inhibitor. 3A4 is found not only in the liver, but a lot of other places, particularly the gut. I've not yet found any evidence that hydrophobic fullerenes actually do inhibit 3A4, but I couldn't rule it out.

Lots of things inhibit 3A4. If C60 turned out to be a 3A4 inhibitor, it wouldn't be a deal-breaker.

#89 Allen Walters

• 95 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

The Gatorade I drink is the sport version it has very little sugar only 30 calories per 12 oz. I tried the electric cigarette but it didn't work for me I wanted to smoke a cigarette after smoking one of those. I did the patch for a while but the nightmares, and headaches were too much for me. The patch would have been great if it wasn't for that it is the only product that has ever really helped. I have tried the camel snus before, and it is pretty good too. I have never tried snus as an alternative to smoking though I will look into it. My doctor prescribed me Chantex, but at 150.00 for a starter kit I could never talk myself into buying it.

I quit after 25 yrs of smoking. I used the patch, and if you put it on in the morning instead of at night, it helps with the dreams. I read somewhere about research that said people who used the patch for 6 months instead of 6 weeks were 40% more likely to stop smoking for good. I did this and haven't wanted a cig in 14 months, and I smoked 2 packs a day. In fact I had quit for 4 yrs at one point, but always wanted a cig. Now I never do, even when I drink.

#90 jg42122

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

Well I had my visit with the doctor yesterday, they did a urine test and my kidney infection is gone. I told my doctor about the c60 and she is going to check it out as well. She listened to my lungs and found nothing in them, this has NEVER happened before.

I have noticed a considerable clearing of acne, I have never had a lot of acne, I didn't even start getting it until I was around 28. I averaged one or two pimples a week from the time I was 28 until a week ago right now my skin is 100% acne free. Could be a coincidence however, I will keep everyone updated on this.

I forgot to have her look at my tongue we talked about it, but we got side-tracked.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, buckyballs, fullerene, buckyball

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users