Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

Where do you live Megatrone?

Norway.

SOURCE: Gypsy magic.
  • Cheerful x 1

#962 meatsauce

• 329 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

I just took my first dose! Omg major time dialation is occuring! Reality is happening 2-3 time slower than "normal." I understand why scienceguy did not want to share these effects; no one would believe him! Just wait and see for yourself. You will be blown away!
  • dislike x 10
  • like x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#963 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:21 PM

I just took my first dose! Omg major time dialation is occuring! Reality is happening 2-3 time slower than "normal." I understand why scienceguy did not want to share these effects; no one would believe him! Just wait and see for yourself. You will be blown away!

Or placebo.

How long time did it take for the effects to come? And I doubt new neurons feel like that (might be wrong ofc).
  • like x 3
  • dislike x 1

#964 brand2

• 22 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

any idea when the US shipments will start arriving? early next week?

#965 neopeon

• 21 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

Hmm, was meatsauce joking around?
  • like x 1

#966 meatsauce

• 329 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

Yes I was! :) I thought it was obvious.
  • dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#967 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

Let me see if I can think of test for measuring time dilation... I guess you would do a lot better on reaction time tests.

Edited by abelard lindsay, 08 August 2013 - 05:00 PM.

#968 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

But dissociatives like Ketamine actually induce neurogenesis and synaptogenesis.
  • like x 3
  • dislike x 2

#969 Posthuman

• 47 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

I also just received mine today!!! I'm so glad everything worked just as planned, concerning payments, shipping, customs...
THANK YOU ScienceGuy, Sunshinefrost and everyone else involved!
  • like x 1

#970 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

Umm yeah. This is why I wont check into this thread until I finish my trial period.
  • like x 3

#971 zeroskater6979

• 116 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

Umm yeah. This is why I wont check into this thread until I finish my trial period.

Precisely.

#972 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

I received arginine !! Oh well ;)
  • like x 3

#973 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

I received arginine !! Oh well ;)

nice

#974 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

Has anyone in the US received their Arginine yet?

#975 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

lmao

Edited by xks201, 09 August 2013 - 02:02 AM.

#976 Renegade

• 182 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:56 AM

Finally, have you ever heard about the case of the frozen addicts? Basically, back around the 70s, this guy synthesized what he thought was an opioid drug called MPPP, but accidentally ended up with MPTP instead because of a very small error in his chemistry. Long story short, this drug MPTP completely destroyed the dopamine receptors of the people who ingested it, giving them severe chronic parkinsons. Knowledge of the disease was actually significantly advanced because of this, but it goes to show you that - even if the chemical proves to be totally safe - there is still no garauntee that the synthesis went 100% according to plan.

Do people consider the above a realistic concern? Please discuss.

Does anyone know when the 1b results are out and what would the next stage of safety testing be? How sure can we be that the compound is safe if the 1b results show no concerns?
Is the purpose of 1b purely to test the safety on depressed subjects? Would it give any further insight into the safety on healthy subjects or was this covered in the previous study?

Thanks Scienceguy for what your doing for this community. It is a true service to many.

Edited by Renegade, 09 August 2013 - 04:01 AM.

#977 rikelme

• 174 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:05 AM

Does anyone know when the 1b results are out and what would the next stage of safety testing be? How sure can we be that the compound is safe if the 1b results show no concerns?
Is the purpose of 1b purely to test the safety on depressed subjects? Would it give any further insight into the safety on healthy subjects or was this covered in the previous study?

Thanks Scienceguy for what your doing for this community. It is a true service to many.

Neuralstem’s NSI-189 Major Depressive Disorder Trial
The NSI-189/MDD trial is a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multiple-dose escalating trial evaluating the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamic effect of NSI-189 in the treatment of major depressive disorder. Phase Ia, initiated in February 2011 and completed in October 2011, tested escalating doses of single administration of NSI-189 in healthy normal volunteers. Phase Ib, approved by the FDA in December 2011 and commenced in June 2012, tests the safety of escalating doses of NSI-189 for 28 daily administrations in 24 depressed patients. The FDA approved dosing of the third and final cohort of depression patients in April 2013. Neuralstem is expected to complete the entire Phase I NSI-189/MDD trial in the third quarter of 2013.

Edit: I guess up and down vote buttons are too close to each other and somebody clicked the wrong one ;)

Edited by rikelme, 09 August 2013 - 04:32 AM.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#978 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:28 AM

Neuralstem’s NSI-189 Major Depressive Disorder Trial
The NSI-189/MDD trial is a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multiple-dose escalating trial evaluating the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamic effect of NSI-189 in the treatment of major depressive disorder. Phase Ia, initiated in February 2011 and completed in October 2011, tested escalating doses of single administration of NSI-189 in healthy normal volunteers. Phase Ib, approved by the FDA in December 2011 and commenced in June 2012, tests the safety of escalating doses of NSI-189 for 28 daily administrations in 24 depressed patients. The FDA approved dosing of the third and final cohort of depression patients in April 2013. Neuralstem is expected to complete the entire Phase I NSI-189/MDD trial in the third quarter of 2013.

Thanks for posting again ;)
  • like x 1

#979 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:06 AM

I would like to hear some thoughts on th dosing. would splitting the dose in half for 56 days or even 120 days provide any advantage or benefits ? How long does my hippocampus want to be stimulated/grown/enhanced ? How important is this 28 day period ? Is there any paper out on the ideal time needed for neurogenesis ?

#980 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:08 AM

Wait and see how dose affects other researchers. However, I believe that splitting the dose up over a period of 3 months and combining with exercise would give you an optimal neurotrophic effect. Exercise doesn't drastically promote immediate changes in neuron structure. The true neurotrophic effect from exercise, not the endorphin high after a workout, is achieved through weeks if not months of daily exercise. Casuing a continuous release of neurotrophic hormones that gradually rebuilds neuron structure and restores healthy brain function. Nsi and exercise most likely work similarly, considering they both stimulate neurogenesis, therefore an extended dosing regimen would seem to make the most sense.
  • like x 3

#981 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:36 AM

Wait and see how dose affects other researchers. However, I believe that splitting the dose up over a period of 3 months and combining with exercise would give you an optimal neurotrophic effect. Exercise doesn't drastically promote immediate changes in neuron structure. The true neurotrophic effect from exercise, not the endorphin high after a workout, is achieved through weeks if not months of daily exercise. Casuing a continuous release of neurotropuhic hormones that gradually rebuilds neuron structure and restores healthy brain function. Nsi and exercise most likely work similarly, considering they both stimulate neurogenesis, therefore an extended dosing regimen would seem to make the most sense.

Your hypothesis seems to go in the same direction as auralanomaly in regards to physical exercise. We should note who's taking 28 days and who's going for the longer run.

How about alcohol ? Should we be avoiding the allmighty great tasting beer(my only weakness :)) completely throughout the experiment ?

Like you said, i think i'll wait for some researcher's reports

Edited by sunshinefrost, 09 August 2013 - 06:38 AM.

#982 Psionic

• 187 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

Wait and see how dose affects other researchers. However, I believe that splitting the dose up over a period of 3 months and combining with exercise would give you an optimal neurotrophic effect. Exercise doesn't drastically promote immediate changes in neuron structure. The true neurotrophic effect from exercise, not the endorphin high after a workout, is achieved through weeks if not months of daily exercise. Casuing a continuous release of neurotropuhic hormones that gradually rebuilds neuron structure and restores healthy brain function. Nsi and exercise most likely work similarly, considering they both stimulate neurogenesis, therefore an extended dosing regimen would seem to make the most sense.

Your hypothesis seems to go in the same direction as auralanomaly in regards to physical exercise. We should note who's taking 28 days and who's going for the longer run.

Good points. We should also consider and watch other supplements taken at that time.

As someone mentioned folic acid for proper development of neural structures and I am myself thinking of dietary shellfish and crustaceans as Jack Ruse recommends in his blog to support brain regeneration:

This diet is the best at controlling inflammation at the brain level to affect hormonal modulation and epigenetic expression

The levels of the pyramid are ordered from best choice for the human brain to next best.

1. The base of the Pyramid is shellfish (oysters) other than crustaceans: Provides the most nutrient density of any food source for optimal functioning of the human brain.

2. The second level of the Pyramid: Crustaceans

3. The third level of the pyramid: Fish

And also some historic claims:

An international group of researchers including Stephen Cunnane, a professor in U of T's department of nutritional sciences, has assembled evidence that the large brains of the earliest humans could only have evolved on the nutrient-rich diet provided by shellfish and other animal life found near shorelines. "You don't need a big brain to collect mussels and clams. But living on them gives you the excess energy and nutrients that can then be directed towards brain growth.

http://www.scienceda...90827152557.htm

Also has anyone considered instranasal route of administration as Cerebrolysin nasal spray seems to be working very good and especially with this extraordinary study AuralAnomaly mentioned:

There's an additional option I've considered. The linear polysaccharide Chitosan is an antibacterial preservative, and also a powerful membrane permeability enhancer. The following study demonstrated the addition of medium viscosity Chitosan to BDNF nasal spray increased intranasal bioavailability by around 13 fold:
"
Brain bioavailability of rats administered intranasally with BDNF solution containing chitosan was significantly enhanced ~13-fold compared to rats administered with same concentration of BDNF solution without chitosan"

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21879386

Any thoughts on this?

How about alcohol ? Should we be avoiding the allmighty great tasting beer(my only weakness :)) completely throughout the experiment ?

Thats the reason I am starting after next week :)
  • like x 1

#983 aarfai

• 75 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

Does anyone want to sell me half or even a third of their L-Arginine? ;)

#984 rikelme

• 174 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

Neuralstem announced Q2 financial results today. They missed analyst expectations in terms of earnings (loss). They did mention the NSI-189 trial, but didn't provide any new facts:

Dr. Johe concluded: "Finally, development of our novel neurogenic small molecule NSI-189 also advanced in the second quarter. The FDA approved the third and final cohort in our major depressive disorder Phase Ib trial, and dosing has nearly been completed. We expect data from the trial to be available in the second half of the year."

In April, the FDA approved Neuralstem to treat the third and final cohort in the ongoing Phase Ib NSI-189 trial in major depressive disorder (MDD). Phase Ib is testing the safety of escalating doses of NSI-189 for 28 daily administrations in 24 depressed patients in three cohorts, and is expected to conclude in 3Q13.
In April, Neuralstem announced an initiative to investigate feasibility of a NSI-189 trial to treat cognitive and psychiatric impairment of former NFL players from traumatic brain injury. These injuries can result in long-term and serious loss of cognitive function, depression, a shorter life span and, as has been reported in some high-profile NFL cases, death by suicide.

#985 meatsauce

• 329 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

Wait and see how dose affects other researchers. However, I believe that splitting the dose up over a period of 3 months and combining with exercise would give you an optimal neurotrophic effect. Exercise doesn't drastically promote immediate changes in neuron structure. The true neurotrophic effect from exercise, not the endorphin high after a workout, is achieved through weeks if not months of daily exercise. Casuing a continuous release of neurotrophic hormones that gradually rebuilds neuron structure and restores healthy brain function. Nsi and exercise most likely work similarly, considering they both stimulate neurogenesis, therefore an extended dosing regimen would seem to make the most sense.

Wouldnt that make the dose too small? So what do we think is more optimal: a single daily dose or multiple times a day?

#986 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

Ditto...I want to buy half of someone's arginine. lol

#987 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:21 PM

Ditto...I want to buy half of someone's arginine. lol

considering the amount we have/will have receive, I highly doubt anyone will be willing to do this unless they decide not to take this substance all together.

Edited by sparkk51, 09 August 2013 - 11:21 PM.

#988 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:32 AM

I live in San Francisco and just received my L-Arginine.

#989 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:48 AM

I have this compound here, within my arm reach and I don't know what do with it. Should I just start taking it or wait for other feedback? Should I refrain from taking my ADHD medication, aniracetam or consume Cannabis?
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#990 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:32 AM

lol...take the damn meds and don't mix it with other stuff. pretty simple i'd say.
  • like x 5
  • dislike x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users