Photo
- - - - -

Augmenting intelligence development in rodents with nootropics

noots

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 YOLF

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:30 AM

There have been lots of supplements such as wild blueberry extract, lions mane, and others which have been tested in adult rodents and are generally accepted to have effects in adult humans. I'd like to do a review of these substances and determine which would be good candidates for testing on rodents at therapeutic doses to enhance rodent intelligence during development using the methods used in published literature. I'd like the design of this study to come from our community, but I'd like to have the study done with a professional lab and a strain of mice that was used for the adult trials.

Depending on the results, the trial would look something like this:

The experimental group would be given a substance during development and tested against the control group for efficacy. Those that work will be removed at adulthood. The rodents will then be tested for permanent intelligence gains.

• Proposal: Augmenting Intelligence Development in Rodents with Nootropics
  • Team Leaders: CryonicsCulture TBD
  • Leader workload: 3hrs/wk
  • Team Members: 1+
  • Members workload: 180/week
  • Members only? - No
  • Funding Required? - Yes
  • Funding Level: $TBD fundraising will be done via crowdfunding platform
  • Metrics for evaluating success or failure - success will be determined by finding a safe nootropically active supplement that permanently increases the intelligence of developing rodents. The nootropic must promote overall health as well as intelligence. Damage to health in any way is unacceptable. 
  • Milestones / Interim Steps - 1. Find substances that increase intelligence metrics over the control group. 2. Determine which substances can be removed by adulthood yet retain significant gains in intelligence.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noots

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users