nutrition food menu vegan paleo diet carbohydrate protein

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#121 Sith

• 161 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:14 PM

So in one day:

Breakfast

A smoothie consisting of a handful of spinach, a handful of kale, heaps of flaxseed, 1 whole avocado, a cup of coconut water, a mix of hemp seed; more flaxseed; pumpkin seed and sunflower seed as well as a handful of blueberries and one whole banana. A heaped tablespoon of Glycine as well.

Lunch

Baked salmon, steam vegetable mix (mostly green vegetables), and sweet potato

Dinner

Indian style vegetables with olive oil, cooked with a whole host of indian spices with yogurt on the side. 

Supper

2 large red apples, with a large handful of black vine grapes, small portion of goji berries, cocoa nibs, walnuts and brazil nuts. With Astragalus tea and a heaped tablespoon of Glycine.

My reason for this diet is that I combine the best bits of other diets from around the world rather than limit myself to one health strategy. And I utilise epidemiological data which shows the benefits of pescetarian diet and high vegetable consumption. The is consumed in an 8 hour period due to my 16/8 IF.

This is similar to mine :)

I've changed mine again recently too.

Breakfast

Smoothy (Frozen blueberries, half a frozen banana, handful of kale, tablespoon of flaxseed, water, coconut milk, astragulas/maca/spirulina powder, teaspoon of coconut oil, cinnamon powder and fresh ginger).

1 Boiled egg with a mixture of tomato paste, turmeric and olive oil together. Half a squeezed lemon with apple cider vinegar in water. Curcumin, Carnosine & pomegranate extract and sometime HA.

Lunch

Usually Avocado, Watercress, mixed beans, pickled beetroot and sometimes smoked salmon.

Drink: Water & White Tea. Maybe coffee with coconut milk.

Snack: Peanut Butter & fruit (Strawberries or an apple) and pumpkin seeds and two brazil nuts. Two squares of 80-90% dark chocolate.

Dinner: Ranges really. Tomato based pasta meals, salmon with brown rice and veggies. Some cacao Nibs.

I must admit, that is quite similar! You do seem to have a very healthy diet going there!  :)

I'm going to pinch a few ideas, and mix my astragalus in my green smoothie. It should soften the taste of all the Kale and Spinach. Not personally a fan and I tend to chug it down  :wacko: . Can I just ask, How does raw ginger taste in the smoothie? and Do you have a way on milling the flaxseed? 

So glad I found someone that eats similar to me on here!   :-D

#122 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:36 PM

Some frozen yogurt, Strawberries, A cantaloupe and Dark chocolate for breakfast.

Today was In-n-Out Cheat day again, so I had two double doubles from there for lunch.

For Dinner, Seaweed and Cheddar Cheese Omelette and plate of Steamed Broccoli and Salmon. 

NOT TOO SHABBY! 

If you're craving junk food, that is a sign that there is something wrong with your diet. Your body is starving for nutrients. The only way to solve this is to eliminate all carbohydrates and eat at least 5 tbs of coconut oil a day. Carbohydrates are quick "energy." You need fat for longevity. You need to eat less protein and more fat. Fat will feed the brain. I went through this myself. I have no cravings now. The ketogenic diet is very healing

The only thing bad about that day was the buns on the burgers.

Period. 

If you knew it was was bad, why did you do it? Are you addicted to the burger? No you aren't. It's not because if you had fed your body with the essential fats and proteins for satiety you would have thought more clearly. You aren't addicted because you consciously understand the consequences of it.  You do this to avoid facing the the truth of your past, where you have suffered traumas. You indulged in a chemical pleasure for transient amnesia of your problems, which only sabotages your greater plan. These series of events are acted out daily because of your fear of the future, which is the past. How do you heal from your past abusers? Through a series of fasts with a ketogenic diet in between until nirvana is reached.

I recommend reading the book Be Here Now by Ram Dass. It will help you with your health journey, and more importantly the reason why you're here.

I'll tell you what, the organic fresh beef is not an issue at all. As I said, the only issue was the buns. 

And since my current body fat for the past couple months has been about 11-12% with barely working out I hardly think I am doing anything that bad in my dietary schematic. 

95% of my diet is low carb paleo. Once in a while I eat rice or Quinoa or some other grain but it is rare. The In-N-Out is a  cheat I have been doing either once a week or once every other week. But it's not even that bad of a cheat, considering it's fresh and the meat is apparently organic. 

The rest of the time I am eating fresh salads, steamed vegetables, organic turkey, chicken or some kind of fish like Tilapia, Salmon, etc. 

I enjoy some spiritual insights but relating it to diet is not always the best idea. I think health and spirituality are definitely relatable in some way but not exactly in the way you're outlining. 

I believe working on your diet from the spiritual angle backward may not be the best idea. But working on spirituality and diet in their separate and respective ways and then having the two meet in the middle to help your your being is most advisable. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#123 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:41 PM

So in one day:

Breakfast

A smoothie consisting of a handful of spinach, a handful of kale, heaps of flaxseed, 1 whole avocado, a cup of coconut water, a mix of hemp seed; more flaxseed; pumpkin seed and sunflower seed as well as a handful of blueberries and one whole banana. A heaped tablespoon of Glycine as well.

Lunch

Dinner

Indian style vegetables with olive oil, cooked with a whole host of indian spices with yogurt on the side. 

Supper

2 large red apples, with a large handful of black vine grapes, small portion of goji berries, cocoa nibs, walnuts and brazil nuts. With Astragalus tea and a heaped tablespoon of Glycine.

My reason for this diet is that I combine the best bits of other diets from around the world rather than limit myself to one health strategy. And I utilise epidemiological data which shows the benefits of pescetarian diet and high vegetable consumption. The is consumed in an 8 hour period due to my 16/8 IF.

I think the trend toward reducing beef consumption is probably the best idea. 

However, I do believe that beef contains vital nutrients that help to optimize our health in the long term. So perhaps eating it once or twice a month is a good idea, just to make sure your body feels what it's like to get those enzymes, nutrients and what ever else you cannot get from fish, chicken and other white meats. 

But that is just a prospective notion. Eating beef every day may not be a great idea. 

#124 Sith

• 161 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:48 PM

So in one day:

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Supper

However, I do believe that beef contains vital nutrients that help to optimize our health in the long term. So perhaps eating it once or twice a month is a good idea, just to make sure your body feels what it's like to get those enzymes, nutrients and what ever else you cannot get from fish, chicken and other white meats. 

But that is just a prospective notion. Eating beef every day may not be a great idea. 

Thanks for the advice but I really do believe that red meat should be avoided at all costs simply because of the epidemiological studies showing it elevates cancer rates and increases the risk of heart disease. For me personally, the nutrient profile of beaf isn't so unique. 

But thanks for the advice!  :-D

#125 Sith

• 161 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:49 PM

So in one day:

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Supper

Thanks for the advice but I really do believe that red meat should be avoided at all costs simply because of the epidemiological studies showing it elevates cancer rates and increases the risk of heart disease. For me personally, the nutrient profile of beaf isn't so unique. 

#126 1jol1uvcaaq

• 71 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 March 2016 - 07:02 AM

Today I ate nothing. I'm not fasting for health, since I'm already at the peak(Although, I definitely am getting healthier from this). I'm fasting for my prayer. There are too many people on longecity using neuro-toxic drugs and eating unhealthily. I hope that somehow I'll be able to help everybody here.

• Needs references x 2
  • like x 2
  • Disagree x 1

#127 aza

• 128 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:43 AM

I mainly eat red meat for the zinc and its higher levels of some carninutrients. I try to eat 80g of red meat a day (or oysters) for zinc, as well as plenty of low mercury fish.

• dislike x 1

#128 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:15 AM

So in one day:

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Supper

I would mostly agree with you. But my understanding (and this is just from what I read) is that the epidemiology on red meat was from processed red meats? 

And I am only saying this to be devils advocate here. 

I have been predominately eating fish, chicken and turkey for the past couple years and just this year experimented with eating red meat a couple times a week for about 4-5 months. I ultimately feel better eating mostly fish, chicken and turkey.

That being said the nutrients contained in red meat should not be ignored. Talking about L-Carnosine and more specifically the enzymes. 

The former can be supplemented. 

#129 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 04:29 AM

Bowl of blueberries in Coconut milk.

Some Dark Chocolate with Coconut oil all over it.

A Banana.

Fresh string beans and chicken in olive oil.

Two Salmon Fillet, Yellow Beet Salad and a large plate of Steamed Broccoli.

More Chocolate (possibly, the night is not over yet). 

#130 umaru

• 8 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:13 AM

I've recently begun tracking my food intake with a new Instagram account dedicated as a food journal. Yesterday, I had the following:

1 pound mixed greens salad blended into a smoothie (with turmeric, spices, and raw nuts) + a bowl of berries ~ 250 calories

2 slices of Tofurky with tomato, basil, garlic, and crushed walnuts ~ 150 calories

some pineapple chunks ~ 70 calories

1.5 cup vegan chili ~ 400 calories

1/4 cantaloupe ~ 60 calories

banana, oranges, and apple ~ 300 calories

baked tofu ~ 160 calories

almost forgot - vegan soy cherry chocolate ice cream ~ 250 calories

Total caloric intake: 1,640 calories, quite a bit over my daily 1,230 calories requirement (according to my scale) :|o

I'm primarily vegan, but will have eggs and dairy occasionally. I try to be plant-based and whole foods, though I hope that science will lead us to optimal personalized nutrition in the future!

This is fun! Will update tomorrow. If you're interested in following what I eat, follow me on Instagram.

Edited by tastytime, 03 May 2016 - 12:17 AM.

#131 Sith

• 161 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:39 PM

Afternoon: Sweet potatoes, fried courgette slices (EVOO), assortment of vegetables (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, peas etc).

Evening: baked Haddock fillet, Broccoli, mushrooms 

Now: 2 apples, an orange, handful of black grapes, seed and goji berry mix along with walnuts and cashews. 

#132 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:36 AM

Let me recap: on a single day you ate a salmon filet, four sausages and two cheeseburgers?

Sorry to say that such a diet would be more appropriate to post on "ShorteCity"...

Wrong.

Eight Sausages. 

And don't forget the steamed vegetables. 

Also, the Burgers were grass fed and had no buns.

Haha

I wanted to revisit this post because that was just a brief experiment I was doing for a few months. Ya know, eating what ever the fuck I wanted (almost) to see the results.

Nothing really happened but my stomach started getting bloated and I decided to go back to mostly vegetables, some clean protein, good fats and very few carbs.

I'm hitting the elliptical again. 

My Stomach is shrinking. 

Edited by TheFountain, 14 February 2018 - 07:37 AM.

#133 mccoy

• 162 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:33 PM

Vegan regimen:

Brunch:

• 2 cups raw organic cocoa with dark muscovado sugar and lemon+orange skins 
  • oranges and tangerines 400 gr
  • almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, walnuts, brazil nuts, macadamia: 120 gr
  • smoothie: 1.5 cups almond milk, 2 bananas, 80 gr frozen berries, orange skin
  • smoothie: rolled oats+buckwheat+soymilk+dark honey+tangerine skins 300 gr

3 pm:

• cup raw organic cocoa with dark muscovado sugar and lemon+orange skins

Dinner:

• 250 gr steamed broccoli+50 gr raw broccoli
  • 200 gr steamed carrots
  • 4 tbs hi-poly EVOO with apple cider vinegar
  • 150 gr farro soup with mushrooms
  • 80 gr canned lentils
  • 3 tbs flax +chia seeds, ground
  • 2 tbs peanuts butter
  • 1 tbs tahini
  • 1 slice pumpernickel bread
  • 15 gr 85% cacao chocolate
  • one eight of a glass of hi-poly red wine
  • Various spices

3200 kcal

44% carbs

45% fats

11% protein

Edited by mccoy, 18 February 2018 - 07:41 PM.

#134 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:00 PM

I'm only eating one meal per day for now, I'm also vegan, and usually I eat in a four hour window. This day is fairly typical for me lately (during these past few months anyway). I vary it up, but don't deviate from whole food plant based, much of it raw or steamed.

4 cups raw spinach
4 oz raw broccoli sprouts
2 oz raw alfalfa sprouts
0.5 cup raw beets
0.5 cup raw carrots
2 cups cooked broccoli
1 cup cooked kale
0.5 cup hummus
30g sunflower seeds
15g walnuts
170g raspberries
170g blackberries
2 kiwi fruit
454g strawberries
439g canned, low-sodium garbanzos
2tbsp EVOO (Melgarejo Hojiblanca: https://amphoranueva...product&id=183)
20oz iced black coffee

Roughly 1,820/kcal
89% RDA
Shortfalls are B12; Choline (70%); Calcium (86%); Sodium (27%); Zinc (95%) plus god knows what else...

Macros: Carbs: 167g; Fat 71g; Protein: 70g
53/33/13 (c/f/p). Since drinking the Valter Longo coolaid I've cut back on protein (which was all whole food vegan plant anyway, so who knows...) Methionine today was 0.8g (136% RDA) and that's from the chickpeas, mostly.

All of that chew is usually filling and I'm not really even hungry again the next day, when I have to eat again. A lot of times I'm like screw it, I'm not hungry so I'm just gonna fast until I am hungry. My BMI is 20, and no one is saying I'm creepy-skinny anymore (after years of CR optimal nutrition). I'm only about 10% calorie restricted during the past 365 days -- that CR is mostly from water-only fasting -- so I'm expecting nothing fancy in terms of lifespan extension. I'm aging right on schedule like everyone else (presumably, unless those 6g per week rapamycin people have found some party glitter.
  • like x 1

#135 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:49 PM

Breakfast.....

1 whole avocado

3 egg white omelette cooked in olive oil w/ whole milk cheese

2 cups blueberries

Edited by mikeinnaples, 21 February 2018 - 01:49 PM.

#136 bosharpe

• 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:08 PM

Breakfast

Kale smoothie (Cinnamon, Ginger root, protein powder, flaxseed, kale, water)

2 Boiled eggs with cooked spinach, tomato paste, tabasco sauce and pepper.

2 brazil nuts.

Lunch: lately... Avocado mashed with banana and cocoa powder.

In the past: Broccoli sprouts with mustard seed powder on top (gags).

Drinks: Filter coffee, Rooibos, White tea, water.

Dinner: varies each day. I'm cooked for so it depends on the chef. I try and pass on white pasta, bread, white rice and potatoes.

#137 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:46 AM

Today

Breakfast: 

Can of low sodium Vegetable juice, a Blueberry Flavored Quest Bar. One Brazil Nut. Some Ginger tea with my supps.

Snack, Some 72% Dark Chocolate. A quest Protein Cookie, another glass of vegetable juice. 

Lunch: 

Steamed vegetables and two Quinoa Veggie Burgers.

One more protein cookie after my Weight lifting regimen.

Dinner, celery sticks in Hummus, and large salad with sardines as protein. 

Edited by TheFountain, 06 March 2018 - 05:46 AM.

#138 mccoy

• 162 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 11:41 AM

Brunch:

• 250 gr apple with skin
  • 200 gr green bananas
  • 55 gr oats+25 gr buckwheat +400 gr soymilk+orange rinds+tbsp dark honey
  • 50 gr almonds+4 gr brazil nut+24 gr walnuts
  • 10 gr dark chocolate 85%
  • decaffeinated espresso coffe unsweetend

#139 aza

• 128 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:09 AM

two pastured eggs

average of around 70g of grass finished red meat a day

a can of mackerel/salmon

an ounce of damn fine cheese

tablespoon of natto

chicken liver every other day

a banana, orange and granny smith apple

30g of leafy greens

250g brocolli

a carrot

100g mushrooms

20g 85% dark chocolate with a handful of hazelnuts

Slice of sprouted sourdough bread with butter and jam

300g cooked and cooled potatoes

2-3 tablespoons of gelatin

#140 Sith

• 161 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:21 PM

I'm only eating one meal per day for now, I'm also vegan, and usually I eat in a four hour window. This day is fairly typical for me lately (during these past few months anyway). I vary it up, but don't deviate from whole food plant based, much of it raw or steamed.

4 cups raw spinach
4 oz raw broccoli sprouts
2 oz raw alfalfa sprouts
0.5 cup raw beets
0.5 cup raw carrots
2 cups cooked broccoli
1 cup cooked kale
0.5 cup hummus
30g sunflower seeds
15g walnuts
170g raspberries
170g blackberries
2 kiwi fruit
454g strawberries
439g canned, low-sodium garbanzos
2tbsp EVOO (Melgarejo Hojiblanca: https://amphoranueva...product&id=183)
20oz iced black coffee

Roughly 1,820/kcal
89% RDA
Shortfalls are B12; Choline (70%); Calcium (86%); Sodium (27%); Zinc (95%) plus god knows what else...

Macros: Carbs: 167g; Fat 71g; Protein: 70g
53/33/13 (c/f/p). Since drinking the Valter Longo coolaid I've cut back on protein (which was all whole food vegan plant anyway, so who knows...) Methionine today was 0.8g (136% RDA) and that's from the chickpeas, mostly.

All of that chew is usually filling and I'm not really even hungry again the next day, when I have to eat again. A lot of times I'm like screw it, I'm not hungry so I'm just gonna fast until I am hungry. My BMI is 20, and no one is saying I'm creepy-skinny anymore (after years of CR optimal nutrition). I'm only about 10% calorie restricted during the past 365 days -- that CR is mostly from water-only fasting -- so I'm expecting nothing fancy in terms of lifespan extension. I'm aging right on schedule like everyone else (presumably, unless those 6g per week rapamycin people have found some party glitter.

Hey! I think your diet is fantastic. It's similar to mine but does have differences. I was really interested in your fasting regimen; how do you recommend one starts off on a water fast?

Do you notice a change in weight? Does it tend to come from fat stores and water or muscle?

The advice would be great! I'm determined to make a start! :)

#141 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:37 PM

...I'm only about 10% calorie restricted during the past 365 days -- that CR is mostly from water-only fasting -- so I'm expecting nothing fancy in terms of lifespan extension....

Hey! I think your diet is fantastic. It's similar to mine but does have differences. I was really interested in your fasting regimen; how do you recommend one starts off on a water fast?

Do you notice a change in weight? Does it tend to come from fat stores and water or muscle?

The advice would be great! I'm determined to make a start! :)

Hey Sith, I'd love to talk fasting with you (one of my fav anti-aging topics) but hey let's not pollute this thread, and let's move fasting convo over to this thread:

http://www.longecity...7-fasting-help/

If that's cool with you, see you over there :-)

#142 Bushi84

• 34 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:13 PM

Morning:

500g quark

1 pomegranate

1 kiwi

some almonds

A handful of walnuts

a piece of 85% cacao chocolate (stevia sweetened). 

1 cup of Oolong thee

2 cups of coffee.

scoop of peanut butter

#143 mccoy

• 162 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:41 AM

• 600 gr oranges
  • smoothie with 400 gr soymilk, 14 gr pea protein, 2 tbsp dark honey, guar gum
  • 40 gr almonds
  • 20 gr walnuts
  • Raw cacao powder

#144 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:07 AM

For Breakfast, Quest Bar and Banana.

For Snack, Quest Cookie Bar.

For lunch, Raw mixed vegetables with mild beet Hummus, Two hard boiled eggs and two Quinoa Veggie Burgers. 

For dinner? Arugula Salad with sardines, Tomato, Mushroom, Olive and olive oil. 

#145 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 04:58 AM

Organic Pan fried Salmon seasoned with Garlic and Parsley, with Tomato paste and two spoons of unfiltered Olive oil over top. 

#146 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:12 AM

Two soft boiled eggs, watermelon spears for Breakfast.

Some Dark Chocolate as a snack later with organic Vegetable juice. 

Chicken, steamed broccoli and string beans for lunch. 

Fresh Salmon with tomato paste and unfiltered olive oil over it. 

YUM. 

#147 bosharpe

• 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:07 PM

Smoothie

Kale (1 cup)

Chard (optional 1 cup)

Cinnamon (1 tsp)

Avocado Half (Optional)

Ginger Root (2 tbsp)

Water

Cacao Un-Dutched (optional 1 tsp)

Stevia  (1 tsp)

Ground Flaxseed (1 tbsp)

Spinach & Eggs

Spinach (2 cups)

Eggs (2)

Black Pepper

Tabasco Sauce

Tomato Paste (1 Tbsp)

Olive Oil (1 Tbsp)

2 Brazil Nuts & Dark Chocolate

Sprouts with Mustard Seed Powder.

Dinner

Spring Greens (Sauteed)

Broad Beans (Steamed then Sauteed)

Cauliflower & Broccoli Florets (Steamed then Sauteed)

Red Onion

Garlic (4 cloves)

Butter

Pepper Sauce

White Tea
Coffee

#148 Moondancer

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:43 PM

Kale (defrosted) 450g

Spinach (defrosted) 450g

Green beens (defrosted) 450g

Fresh basil 100g

200 g of mixed homegrown sprouts (China Rose, Broccoli, Red clover, wheat grass, Radish, Red Cabbage, fenugreek).

1,5 tbsp flax seeds

2,5 cups of frozen blueberries

100g dried mushrooms

120g cooked sweet potato

150g cooked red lentils

- 0,5 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil

- 1/3rd cup soya yogurt homemade from soybeans + Lactobacillus Plantarum 299V

- 1/3rd cup soya yogurt homemade from soybeans + Lactobacillus Rhamnosus GG

- 3 tbsp selffermented veggies

- garlic

- 1 tbsp fermented ginger

- 1 tbsp fermented curcumin

- 1/3rd cup tomato paste

- 2 cups green tea

- 2 cups white tea

- 1 cup coffee

- 1tbsp Ceylon cinnamon

#149 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 04:21 AM

Been doing a LOT of smoothie's lately. 

They usually consist of  mixed berries, a banana, and some protein like hemp or pea protein. 

They get me some vital nutrients at the beginning of every day. 

I use Almond milk as a base. 

#150 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 August 2018 - 03:56 PM

My diet has been TERRIBLE lately. Example of yesterday.

Breakfast: Vyvanse, pre workout drink.

Lunch: 12 mozzarella sticks with marinara and ranch

Snack: whey shake

Dinner: 1/2 Tombstone pizza and a skinny cow ice cream

Before bed: packet of my kids goldfish crackers
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nutrition, food, menu, vegan, paleo, diet, carbohydrate, protein

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users