nad nad+ c60 mito fission fusion stearic acid mtdna methylene blue

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2195 replies to this topic

#2071 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 July 2022 - 11:04 PM

I'm taking up this new version of the mitochondrial fission/fusion protocol, after having done the original in 2017 (can't believe this thread is 5 years old). One thing I didn't do before was any sort of baseline measurement to track my progress. Are reps-to-failure with dumbbells a sufficient metric? Also would a $110 investment in a TruMe biological age test be relevant with this protocol? I don't have a lot of cash to spare, but I could probably swing a before and after test.

So this is what I'm thinking:

Preliminary TruMe Epigenetic age test before starting protocol.

Day 1 Baseline reps test.

Day 2 Mito 1

Day 3 Mito 2

Day 4 Mito 1

Day 5 Mito 2

Day 6 Mito 1

Day 7 Mito 2

Day 8-14 Rest

Repeat 14 day cycle for 8 weeks.

Evaluate baseline tests.

Possible comparison TrueMe test.

I want to insert the week of rest into the cycle out of a superabundance of caution, given my age (72) and medical issues. 

Since you will counting and recording reps to failure, you will see exactly how you are doing each day. Choose a weight where you can do a moderate number of reps, such as 15 or so.  No need to take a break unless it's not working. Age isn't a factor. I was closing in on 70 when I developed it and saw no problems at all. As for TruMe, that should show no change outside the margin of error as it doesn't test methylation of mtDNA, only that of nuclear DNA.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2072 Richard McGee

• 85 posts

Posted 22 July 2022 - 05:18 PM

Since you will counting and recording reps to failure, you will see exactly how you are doing each day. Choose a weight where you can do a moderate number of reps, such as 15 or so.  No need to take a break unless it's not working. Age isn't a factor. I was closing in on 70 when I developed it and saw no problems at all. As for TruMe, that should show no change outside the margin of error as it doesn't test methylation of mtDNA, only that of nuclear DNA.

Thanks, this saves me an unnecessary expense. I will adjust my schedule without the break.

#2073 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 01:29 PM

after about 2 years away from mitochondrial fission/fusion protocol and stemcells protocol (humerl head osteonecrosis due to trauma, now asyntomatic and reversing on mri by teriparatide plus local stem cell activation by reac), i am restarting mitochondrial fission/fusion protocol because grey hair is increasing a lot again, eye vision is getting back to baseline (reading glasses 3grade)

as regards eye vision i got an increadible improvement by day 1: without glasses clear vision on far objects and although not fully clear i could read on a small PC monitor and mobile phone

i went on this new protocol for 4days: day 1 and 2 muscle pains (just just like when you have too much exercise, more than the body can stand), the 5th day of fusion i got sciatica/back pain and feeling some pain on nevers in general when stressing them (except the shoulder where i had trauma, that area was perfect, while small pains on the other shoulder that never had any trouble ever).

the sciatica pain was bad but reversed immediately by 1000mcg subc bcp 157 peptide injection by few hours

in 2018/2019 i had no effect from mito protocol and i had only few cycles since it looked unnecessary, how should i continue this protocol?have a break of 2 weeks and have just one day of fission and one of fusion per week to stay safe?

i guess i have a lot of mito damage this time (i have used azitomicin plus invermectin at least 4 times in 2020 and 2021 for all aerial infections and i am now taking mushroom poweder mixes to boost immunity and avoid getting altogether)

thank you

#2074 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 August 2022 - 02:48 PM

after about 2 years away from mitochondrial fission/fusion protocol and stemcells protocol (humerl head osteonecrosis due to trauma, now asyntomatic and reversing on mri by teriparatide plus local stem cell activation by reac), i am restarting mitochondrial fission/fusion protocol because grey hair is increasing a lot again, eye vision is getting back to baseline (reading glasses 3grade)

as regards eye vision i got an increadible improvement by day 1: without glasses clear vision on far objects and although not fully clear i could read on a small PC monitor and mobile phone

i went on this new protocol for 4days: day 1 and 2 muscle pains (just just like when you have too much exercise, more than the body can stand), the 5th day of fusion i got sciatica/back pain and feeling some pain on nevers in general when stressing them (except the shoulder where i had trauma, that area was perfect, while small pains on the other shoulder that never had any trouble ever).

the sciatica pain was bad but reversed immediately by 1000mcg subc bcp 157 peptide injection by few hours

in 2018/2019 i had no effect from mito protocol and i had only few cycles since it looked unnecessary, how should i continue this protocol?have a break of 2 weeks and have just one day of fission and one of fusion per week to stay safe?

i guess i have a lot of mito damage this time (i have used azitomicin plus invermectin at least 4 times in 2020 and 2021 for all aerial infections and i am now taking mushroom poweder mixes to boost immunity and avoid getting altogether)

thank you

Are you using this protocol?

#2075 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 03:05 PM

Are you using this protocol?

yes, but using stearic acid from sigma made into powder and put in hot avena or cocoa milk instead of GMS (original study on stearic acid fusion effect used a banana shake with milk).i ordered GMS maybe i'll have it next week.i wait about 10-15min to take AKG and PQQ is that correct?

Mito1 (fission)

● NAM+R, 1 g of each

● AKG, 1 g

● PQQ, 20 mg

Mito2 (fusion)

● GMS, 1 g

● AKG, 1 g

● PQQ, 20 mg

Edited by lost69, 08 August 2022 - 03:08 PM.

#2076 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 August 2022 - 03:47 PM

yes, but using stearic acid from sigma made into powder and put in hot avena or cocoa milk instead of GMS (original study on stearic acid fusion effect used a banana shake with milk).i ordered GMS maybe i'll have it next week.i wait about 10-15min to take AKG and PQQ is that correct?

Mito1 (fission)

● NAM+R, 1 g of each

● AKG, 1 g

● PQQ, 20 mg

Mito2 (fusion)

● GMS, 1 g

● AKG, 1 g

● PQQ, 20 mg

Stearic acid cannot be taken at the same time. You need to take considerably more of it and wait a few hours. I suggest you use GMS, or switch to 2 grams of dihydromyricetin, which has the further advantage of crossing the BBB.

#2077 johnhemming

• 311 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 04:04 PM

DHM is in interesting supplement in lots of ways. I do want to try this protocol and also try rapamycin (I have some sirolimus that is queued up for testing), but I have stopped my testing cycles for now because of holidaying and my main protocol is doing quite well and I need to see where that gets to.

I have quite a bit to test in September, but I may come back to this later on this year.

#2078 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 07:56 PM

Stearic acid cannot be taken at the same time. You need to take considerably more of it and wait a few hours. I suggest you use GMS, or switch to 2 grams of dihydromyricetin, which has the further advantage of crossing the BBB.

ok i'll wait 1 week for sciatica pain to clear complitely and use GMS.can i take all supplements together in this case or better take at different times?

is it useful to add dihydromyricetin to GMS to improve short memory on both fission and fusion?

i also lost some ability of multitasking while working, i used to work on 2-3 things together now i work on one because i get easily mixed up.if i take nad+ nasal spray i recover but it is expensive and often out of stock so i prefer to save it for my dad

thank you again

#2079 Kelvin

• 164 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2022 - 03:10 PM

GMS has no effect on memory since it cannot cross the BBB.

I use dihydromyricetin and sulforaphane for my fusion supplements instead of GMS and have had great results.
  • Needs references x 2
  • Agree x 1

#2080 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2022 - 02:48 PM

GMS has no effect on memory since it cannot cross the BBB.

I use dihydromyricetin and sulforaphane for my fusion supplements instead of GMS and have had great results.

It is correct that stearic acid does not cross the BBB: discrete studies have demonstrated that cholesterol and the nonessential fatty acids, (palmitic, oleic, stearic) do not enter the brain parenchyma -- https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/11478373/

#2081 Kelvin

• 164 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2022 - 04:16 PM

Then why use GMS at all?

#2082 Advocatus Diaboli

• 562 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2022 - 09:41 PM

Kelvin, in post # 2079 you asserted that: "GMS has no effect on memory since it cannot cross the BBB."

Can you provide references to substantiate your claims?

Consider the following references under the assumption that GMS and stearic acid act in a similar manner with respect to their ability to cross the BBB. And, that murine results can be assumed to hold for humans:

Mouse brain uptake and metabolism of stearic acid

Study of the passage of stearic acid through blood-brain barrier and its incorporation in cerebral membranes (especially in myelin)

Myelin makes memories

Relationship between central and peripheral fatty acids in humans

#2083 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2022 - 12:40 PM

Kelvin, in post # 2079 you asserted that: "GMS has no effect on memory since it cannot cross the BBB."

Can you provide references to substantiate your claims?

Consider the following references under the assumption that GMS and stearic acid act in a similar manner with respect to their ability to cross the BBB. And, that murine results can be assumed to hold for humans:

Mouse brain uptake and metabolism of stearic acid

Study of the passage of stearic acid through blood-brain barrier and its incorporation in cerebral membranes (especially in myelin)

Myelin makes memories

Relationship between central and peripheral fatty acids in humans

None of these references apply to orally administered stearic acid. The last one shows that CNS levels of stearic acid as a % of fatty acids is much higher than blood levels, but there is no information I can find therein of a positive relationship between blood stearic acid and CNS stearic acid. In any case, I noted a dramatic improvement in mental functioning when I added DHM to my C60/fusion SC proliferation protocol, indicating that DHM was more effective than stearic acid in the brain.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 14 August 2022 - 12:41 PM.

• like x 3

#2084 Advocatus Diaboli

• 562 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2022 - 07:20 PM

Re post #2084.

The claim made by Kelvin in post #2079 was: "GMS has no effect on memory since it cannot cross the BBB."

I have provided references which indicate that his claims are false (given the provisos that I stipulated in my post #2083). His claims offer no caveats--they were made in a manner which, seemingly, was meant to suggest that they are apodictic. He stated no delimitations-of-ambit regarding mechanisms that should be considered to be operant relative to his claims. He provided no supporting citations.

In response to my post # 2083, you appear to imply that a particular mechanism (oral route) was implicit in Kelvin's claims, as evidenced by your responding to my post with: "None of these references apply to orally administered stearic acid.".  Kelvin's claims made no mention of mechanism, and thus his claims are open to any evidence which can demonstrate them to be counterfactual, in any regard. I provided links to such evidence.

Your post #2080, which responds to Kelvin's post #2079, includes a link to an abstract which you offer in affirmation of his post. A subsequent post of yours (#2084) suggests that you possibly consider Kelvin's post to be restricted to oral administration. The word "oral" and the phrase "orally administered" are not found in the abstract you link to. In the full paper, the word "oral" is not found, and the phrase "orally administered" is found only once, in the reference section in the following reference:

"Kulmacz R. J., Sivarajan M., and Lands W. E. M. (1986) Measurement of the incorporation of orally administered arachidonic acid into tissue lipids.Lipids 21,21–25".

That study concerns arachidonic acid.

"I noted a dramatic improvement in mental functioning when I added DHM to my C60/fusion SC proliferation protocol, indicating that DHM was more effective than stearic acid in the brain."

Has your dramatic improvement in mental functioning been sustained? Can you provide some examples of improvement?  Such as: "My forward digit span has increased from 9 digits to 14 digits". Or, "My visual simple-reaction-time was cut in half--from 0.20 seconds to 0.10 seconds.".  Or, "I can now multiply two 5-digit numbers mentally, whereas before it was two 3-digit numbers.". In other words, what are the objective metrics that you have gauged?

(Note that I will occasionally use GMS and stearic acid as proxies in various contexts. On the advice of George Sand I will use male pronouns for Kelvin. "To measure is to know")

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • dislike x 1

#2085 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2022 - 07:37 PM

You are being far too argumentative, Advocatus Diaboli. Lighten up. This is not a debate society.

#2086 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2022 - 07:58 PM

If you want evidence of improvement in mental functioning, Trail Making Tests readily capture the more general measures of cognitive speed and task switching flexibility. 

Trail Making Tests (TMTs) A and B are simple connect-the-dot tasks that purportedly measure several functions, particularly cognitive flexibility, alternating attention, sequencing, visual search, and motor speed. While these tests are widely used for cognitive impairment, they also capture the decline in perceptual speed, attention and task switching that are associated with age as shown in the figure below. 

Trails A requires the connection in sequence of 25 dots labeled by numbers without lifting the pencil. Trails B requires the connection in sequence of 25 dots labeled by alternating numbers and letters (1–A–2–B–3–C-...). Results for both TMT-A and -B are reported as the number of seconds required to complete the task; therefore, higher scores reveal greater impairment. The calculated difference between TMT-B and TMT-A times (TMT-B minus TMT-A), is considered a measure of cognitive flexibility, relatively independent of manual dexterity.

I wrote a program to randomly generate sets of TMTs and a calculator for determining percentile rankings as a function of age based on “Trail Making Test A and B: Normative data stratified by age and education” (2004) https://doi.org/10.1...6177(03)00039-8
For the most accurate measurements, it is best to take at least 4 tests, discard any outliers and average the resulting test times.

A calculator for Trail Making Test percentiles by age can be downloaded from the following link.

Printable Trail Making Tests can be downloaded from the following sources.
  1. TrailsMakingTestsA+B_20tests_Set01.pdf https://drive.google...ew?usp=sharing 
  2. TrailsMakingTestsA+B_20tests_Set02.pdf
  3. https://drive.google...ew?usp=sharing 
  4. TrailsMakingTestsA+B_20tests_Set03.pdf https://drive.google...ew?usp=sharing 
  5. TrailsMakingTestsA+B_20tests_Set04.pdf  https://drive.google...ew?usp=sharing 
  6. TrailsMakingTestsA+B_20tests_Set05.pdf https://drive.google...ew?usp=sharing 
  7. TrailsMakingTestsA+B_21tests_Set06.pdf https://drive.google...ew?usp=sharing 
  8. “Trail Making Test (TMT) Parts A & B“ http://apps.usd.edu/...TrailMaking.pdf
  9. “Trail-Making Test for Screening, Part A and B - Administration Instructions” http://safemobilityf...4th Edition.pdf

• Informative x 4

#2087 Advocatus Diaboli

• 562 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2022 - 07:59 PM

Re:  post #2086

The thing is, Turnbuckle, that I like to see substantiation for non-trivial claims. Kelvin just threw out some claims with no references. I have no idea where he got them. But, I can guess.

• dislike x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Ill informed x 1

#2088 Advocatus Diaboli

• 562 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2022 - 08:15 PM

So, Turnbuckle, what do you say to making a permanent "sticky" note to your protocols advising that people should consider taking tests such as the one mentioned by Fafner55 in post #2087 (as well as other various baseline tests, not just mental functioning) before starting so that the changes they notice are more objective, rather than subjective?

• dislike x 1

#2089 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2022 - 08:53 PM

Your post 2088 is downright rude, and as for your following post, I used exercise performance for my mitochondrial protocol and epigenetic tests for my epigenetic protocol. These are about as on point as you can get.

• like x 1

#2090 Kelvin

• 164 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2022 - 09:26 PM

Turnbuckle for a couple of years now has been linking to evidence stearic acid either does not cross the BBB or does so in limited amounts. I would refer you to those studies since these links were what persuaded me to use dihydromyricetin and sulforaphane as my fusion promoters.

I possibly should not have claimed stearic acid does not cross the BBB at all (some limited amounts might get through) but you were over interpreting my main point which is that DHM and sulforaphane are more desirable fusion promoters than GMS because of superior reach in the brain.

In my own case I have never used GMS and have noticed significant mental improvements using DHM and sulforaphane, such as reductions in how many hours of sleep I need every night after I used them as my fusion promoters when I tried the C60 protocol.
  • Good Point x 1

#2091 Kelvin

• 164 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2022 - 09:32 PM

One caveat about GMS I will add is that I tend to follow a low carb high fat high meat diet, although not too strictly since I “cheat” with carbs more times in the week than most low carb dieters would recommend.

Nevertheless, because I usually eat pretty rich, fatty meals I am probably getting a decent amount of stearic acid just from animal fat and dairy when I am on a fusion day.

#2092 Advocatus Diaboli

• 562 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2022 - 12:23 AM

Re post # 2090.

The pertinent determination of "rude" isn't yours to make, Turnbuckle. The sole arbiter of that determination is Kelvin, who, for all I know, may consider the link to be a risible, non-offensive, but perhaps somewhat mordant, example of a humorous "visual" apothegm.

I would expect exercise improvement from baseline, up to a certain point, in those people that, well, exercise.  Your "improvements" might be explained by a placebo effect--you expect enhanced performance on certain days and, not surprisingly, you get it--you might, subconsciously, be making an extra effort because you know that if your curl reps are increased, for example, that it validates your thesis. If you have proof, or at least can show a highly suggestive nexus, of causation, please provide it. "Post hoc, ergo propter hoc", doesn't cut it.

You have used Trume, at times, for your epigenetic testing. Currently their webpage copyright notice at the bottom of the link I gave still reads "© 2020 All rights Reserved" in spite of the fact that I emailed them several months ago informing them that their copyright notice was superannuated. Sloppiness in keeping a website up to date is, for me, a tocsin which might portend sloppiness that could be ramifying into other aspects of their business, including potential sloppiness in adhering to strict laboratory protocols. It is problematical that the correction wasn't made.

In post #1775 of "Manipulating mitochondrial dynamics" you state that (at that time, still?) you used simplesa liquid AKG and you provided this link. I went to that link and read the 1-star reviews. After reading the reviews I performed due diligence by doing extensive online research on simplesa and its principals. I came to the ineluctable conclusion that it would be extremely unwise to purchase anything from that company. They are mountebanks who prey, for example, on the hopes of those with ALS.

I would be stunned to learn that you had done due diligence and didn't come to the same conclusion about simplesa as I.

Kelvin, I find it hard to meet protein demand with just meat. So, I supplement with impact whey protein from myprotein.com. You gotta be careful about getting coupons, checking Amazon, and waiting for sales to get the best prices.

• dislike x 3

#2093 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2022 - 01:10 AM

It's rare to encounter a pseudo-intellectual troll, but I suppose it happens.

• like x 3

#2094 Advocatus Diaboli

• 562 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2022 - 02:39 AM

Turnbuckle, have you done due diligence with respect to simplesa? Will you still list their AKG product as one that you personally use in your protocol? Have you sent a sample, not your own, but claimed to be your own, to Trume?

• dislike x 1

#2095 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 15 August 2022 - 06:03 AM

It's rare to encounter a pseudo-intellectual troll, but I suppose it happens.

While I do feel his attempts to use less common words in an effort to appear erudite is rather silly, his post made me curious about the product, so Iooked at their website:

https://www.simplesa...iquid-4-oz.html

They have a CofA linked there, but it strangely fails to mention the active ingredient at all!

All they seem to have looked at is the appearance, pH, and whether it has microbial contamination. There was no analysis at all of whether the active ingredient is even present in the product.

That doesn't mean it's a bad product necessarily, but there's no way to tell it's a good one, which is odd.

Edited by smithx, 15 August 2022 - 06:03 AM.

#2096 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2022 - 10:32 AM

While I do feel his attempts to use less common words in an effort to appear erudite is rather silly, his post made me curious about the product, so Iooked at their website:

https://www.simplesa...iquid-4-oz.html

They have a CofA linked there, but it strangely fails to mention the active ingredient at all!

All they seem to have looked at is the appearance, pH, and whether it has microbial contamination. There was no analysis at all of whether the active ingredient is even present in the product.

That doesn't mean it's a bad product necessarily, but there's no way to tell it's a good one, which is odd.

There is little one can do about trolls except ignore them. I've tried reporting them, but the moderators here are loath to do anything. Probably half of the imposing bulk of this thread is due to off topic posts and the rarer troll posts. They greatly degrade the readability for those who are seriously interested. It's unfortunate, but there's nothing to be done except vote them down.

As for an alpha ketoglutarate source, I chose the liquid AKG product for this mito protocol as it is expected to be fast acting, as is mito biogenesis. Whether that speed is really necessary I can't say with certainty. With SC proliferation -- which is expected to be considerably slower --I've more generally used AAKG. Other sources of alpha-ketoglutarate are available through Amazon, such as salts and amino acid conjugates other than arginine. Feel free to try them.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 15 August 2022 - 10:33 AM.

• Agree x 1

#2097 Advocatus Diaboli

• 562 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2022 - 04:15 PM

Refer to posts 1778, 1780, and 1781 in this thread. I raised a red flag about simplesa over a year and a half ago. It appears that only one person, smithx, has taken the initiative to investigate.

If you do your due diligence (the internet is your friend) you will find out who the "Pedro" in post 1781 is, and his scam history. Note that some of the links given in the above-mentioned posts may not still be active and/or applicable.

Hopefully the fact that Turnbuckle has played the "troll card" (a neologism, gasp!, that I am coining) won't deter others who potentially will be scammed, as Turnbuckle was, from investigating simplesa for themselves. You will be ingesting an unknown, and potentially dangerous, substance.

As smithx notes in post #2096 there is no mention of the active ingredient in the "CoA" (certificate of analysis). "CoA" is in quotes because it's an utter joke. In addition, check out the "White Paper", another joke, in the link given by smithx. There are numerous problems with the "White Paper"--see if you can spot them. Has Turnbuckle looked at the "CoA" and the "White Paper"? I think not. And, by virtue of  the expectation of him playing the troll card again, he won't respond to affirm or deny having read them.

Any positive effects that Turnbuckle experienced from his simplesa "AKG" are placebo effects.

Turnbuckle writes in post #2097: "There is little one can do about trolls except ignore them."

A "troll card" is played when a person refuses to respond to potentially uncomfortable questions because he/she doesn't have a cogent (gasp!) response.

For extra credit look up the solubility of AKG in water. If you can't find it, then look harder. Then compare the claim made on the simplesa site about the equivalent doses of liquid v powder:

"Simplesa offers AKG in two forms: Liquid and Capsules. The two can be used interchangeably. The liquid is easy to swallow and the capsules are convenient and portable. Use the form that works best for you. One dose of either the liquid or capsules provides the same amount of AKG."

Consider the amount "AKG" per capsule of the dry product. Consider the volume of the liquid product. Do the math, and weep.

Edited by Advocatus Diaboli, 15 August 2022 - 04:24 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 4

#2098 Kelvin

• 164 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2022 - 08:07 PM

I use Simplesa’s AKG capsules and have found it effective for both the C60 and mito protocols.

But more importantly, if there is an issue with the Simplesa brand that is not an indictment of underlying the logic of these protocols, AD’s trolling notwithstanding.

One could use dozens of other brands that provide AKG supplements and get basically the same effects From supplementing with Simplesa.
  • Agree x 1

#2099 Advocatus Diaboli

• 562 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2022 - 09:07 PM

Re: post #2099

Kelvin writes: "But more importantly, if there is an issue with the Simplesa brand that is not an indictment of underlying the logic of these protocols, AD’s trolling notwithstanding."

Kelvin, please point to those posts of mine which you consider to be attacks on the "underlying logic." Then, use your dictionary (if needed) to look up the meaning of the word "confabulation" (gasp!). You mention "these protocols". If there is a protocol other than that of addressing the manipulation of mitochondrial dynamics that I have commented on in this thread, please point to it (hint, you can't). 

How are you coming up with this BS? Feel free to be specific, by providing references to posts.

By what convoluted route of reasoning are you attributing to me, actions that you apparently regard as trolling? Or, are you merely echoing some opinion other than your own, without an independent determination?

"One could use dozens of other brands that provide AKG supplements and get basically the same effects From supplementing with Simplesa."

Bold claim, that. Now back it up with a reference. I do agree though, that another fake brand might have a similar effect as simplesa AKG..

Still no response from the "troll card" hustler, as of this writing.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 4
  • dislike x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#2100 danielou

• 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2022 - 12:20 AM

Hi Turnbuckle, this update is greatly appreciated-  I'm a little confused, however,   regarding if there is a typo regarding DHM below -  is it used on both fission and fusion days? I understood it to be an alternative to GMS but it is listed as an alternative to AKG.  If you could please clarify-  I already did day 1 as written and included DHM, but no matter I'll take a day off and reset if this was a mistake.

thanks very much!

An updated Mito protocol

The previous protocol can be found at post #1739

The update here gives DHM as an option or supplement to GMS. DHM crosses the BBB while stearic acid does not.

Background:

Previously I posted methods of cycling mitochondrial morphology to clean up defective mtDNA, which eliminated mutations via the PINK1/Parkin QC process. The normal QC process can detect mutated mtDNA genes during fission as all mito genes are critical and thus the mito membrane potential goes to zero if just one is defective. Greatly magnifying fission and fusion with supplements will aid that process. But there is another source of mitochondrial damage that isn’t so easily eliminated — epigenetic damage. Like nDNA, mtDNA also picks up aberrant methylation with age. This methylation degrades ATP production, but the QC process doesn’t catch it unless the problem is addressed at a critical time, like during biogenesis. If a mitochondrion with one loop of methylated mtDNA runs out of enzymes while involved with replication, then membrane potential may dip to zero and it will get labeled for recycling. Thanks to methylation, it won’t have as much enzyme reserves as other mitochondria, so it will be preferentially targeted. Also, biogenesis is the best time to demethylate mtDNA as methyltransferase can’t operate while there is only one strand.

Until recently, mtDNA wasn’t even known to have methylation, and researchers are still confused as to why it is there. Some speak of mtDNA hypermethylation like it is bad while normal methylation has some purpose.

See, for instance: Hypermethylation of mitochondrial DNA in vascular smooth muscle cells impairs cell contractility

I don’t agree. I say all mtDNA methylation is bad. Methylated mtDNA mooches enzymes off other mtDNA, and because they don’t produce as much ATP they don’t produce as much ROS, and thus have a survival advantage as they are less prone to mutation. Eventually the cell will become full of moochers and result in fatigue and many other problems of aging.

So I say get rid of them all, mutations and methylation alike.

The new protocol:

This new procedure is much simplified. It requires only two doses, Mito1 and Mito2, which are alternated on a daily basis.

Mito1 (fission)

● NAM+R, 1 g of each

● AKG, 1 g and/or DHM, 2 g

● PQQ, 20 mg

Mito2 (fusion)

● GMS, 1 g

● AKG, 1 g and/or DHM, 2 g

● PQQ, 20 mg

NAM+R (nicotinamide plus ribose) is a fission promoter, GMS (glycerol monostearate) and DHM (dihydromyricetin) are fusion promoters, AKG (alpha-ketoglutarate) is a demethylase promoter, and PQQ is a biogenesis promoter. All of these are fast acting.

A two week experiment using reps to failure and GMS:

Warm water was sufficient to dissolve everything, but the PQQ was taken in a capsule to insure that the other ingredients got a slight head start (probably unnecessary).

Mito1 and Mito2 were taken on alternating days. Each dose was taken in the evening and reps of dumbbell curls to failure counted first thing in the morning — five or six hours after dosing — using the same arm.

My hypothesis was that the number of reps would reflect mito damage. With mito fusion, enzymes are shared, thus ATP production and reps would be maximum. With fission, methylated (or otherwise damaged) mtDNA produce less ATP and reps would be minimum. The difference would reflect average damage, and if the treatment worked, the difference should decline. If all damage was removed, then the difference should go to zero.

Which in fact it did. See the plot below. The y-axis shows the reps and % difference, while the x-axis shows days. The curve labeled baseline is without any treatment, and likely reflects the normal intermediate situation with mito morphology in a dynamic state. It is stable at 16 reps. The upper fusion curve is relatively flat and higher than baseline as expected, while the lower fission curve is lower than baseline, but rises to meet the fusion curve after about two weeks, and stays there. Thus the percent difference goes to zero.

Results:

Improvement in running endurance, reduced hunger, and reduced need for hypertension medication.

• Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nad, nad+, c60, mito, fission, fusion, stearic acid, mtdna, methylene blue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users