• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Stem cell self-renewal with C60

c60 stem cells mitochondria fusion stearic acid aging hydroxytyrosol olive oil mct oil proliferation

• Please log in to reply
2503 replies to this topic

#631 Graviton

• 150 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 04:52 PM

For filing stem cell pools you want symmetric division (self-renewal). So ideally you want low ROS, blocked UCP, and fused mitochondria. A lot of things will tip the fusion/fission balance, but C:18:0 seems to be unique in this regard, with a robust activity--

Well, there are some references that fish oil decreases ROS, induce mitochondrial fusion in the liver, but there is also saying slight increases of UCP-1.

The problem of stearic acid is that it is hard to get a pure stearic acid. Generally, commercial stearic acid that company advertises as 99 percent, is the mixture of palmitic acid and stearic acid.

How do you get the stearic acid in the U.S?

I guess you mentioned spectrum, but this website describes the mixture of palmitic acid and stearic acid

https://www.spectrum...se=Stearic Acid

#632 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:30 PM

Well, there are some references that fish oil decreases ROS, induce mitochondrial fusion in the liver, but there is also saying slight increases of UCP-1.

The problem of stearic acid is that it is hard to get a pure stearic acid. Generally, commercial stearic acid that company advertises as 99 percent, is the mixture of palmitic acid and stearic acid.

How do you get the stearic acid in the U.S?

I guess you mentioned spectrum, but this website describes the mixture of palmitic acid and stearic acid

https://www.spectrum...se=Stearic Acid

Stearic acid FFA might be ideal, but that is not available to the public. Everything else is a triglyceride. Stearin is a pure stearic acid triglyceride, but has poor and highly variable bioavailability, and is not easy to find either. It's sold as a mold release and a candle hardener. "Palm stearin" consists of mostly glyceryl tripalmitate, and may be referred to as stearin by retailers. Everything else is a mix of stearic and palmitic acids in triglyceride form. This includes food grade and USP grade. Claims of 99% purity likely refer to the percentage of stearic+palmitic acids. The actual stearic acid content of commercial "stearic acid" typically varies between 40 and 60%, and most don't tell you what it is, or even that it includes palmitic acid. Thus I have yet to find any source that I can recommend, though even impure stearic acid products seem to work to some degree. 

USP grades come in 3 purites (50, 70 and 95) ranging from 40-60% up to 90% stearic acid, but I haven't found the higher levels retail. Those that don't specify are likely USP 50.

There is also something called "stearine," but it's not clear what it really is. 

Edited by Turnbuckle, 15 October 2018 - 07:14 PM.

• Informative x 2
  • Needs references x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#633 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:07 PM

You can find it on the Reversing the Clocks thread, which is only one page. Osiris Green looks at 3 genes. One went down non-significantly. One went up significantly, and the third (which is supposed to be the most accurate), went off a cliff. Overall they had my epigenetic age nicely in the error margin in the first test, but after 34 stem cell treatments over 3 months, my epigenetic age fell 11.2 years. I have another test in the works with OG. In my experience they take a month or two to get you the results, so I won't have them for another 2 to 6 weeks. I've also submitted samples to myDNAge, which claims to look at over 500 genes, but they take even longer. Assuming I get the data on all of them, I will be better able to speculate on what is going on. Right now is a little too soon.

Turnbuckle, did you get the test results?

---

About stearic acid: You can take it here (87% purity)

https://info.twinriv...atty-acids.html

Kosher Certificate

• Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#634 Graviton

• 150 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:20 PM

---

Kosher Certificate

I cannot find what other impurities are, and its mark doesn't seem to be suitable for ingestion.

Edited by Graviton, 15 October 2018 - 07:22 PM.

#635 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:21 PM

---

Kosher Certificate

Worth looking at. Where do you buy it?

Edited by Turnbuckle, 15 October 2018 - 07:29 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Informative x 1

#636 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:32 PM

see SDS (3. COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS):

Octadeccanoic acid 90-99% --- this is stearic acid

Hexadecanoic acid 0-10% -- this is Palmitic acid

I have not bought it yet. 

Edited by Kentavr, 15 October 2018 - 07:36 PM.

#637 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:41 PM

see SDS (3. COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS):

Octadeccanoic acid 90-99% --- this is stearic acid

Hexadecanoic acid 0-10% -- this is Palmitic acid

I have not bought it yet. 

I don't see it for sale anywhere, no retail at all.

• Agree x 1

#638 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:33 PM

I don't see it for sale anywhere, no retail at all.

They have a Facebook page. There you can ask questions:

https://www.facebook...49775925038556/

#639 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:08 PM

They have a Facebook page. There you can ask questions:

https://www.facebook...49775925038556/

Find an order page.

• Ill informed x 1

#640 Graviton

• 150 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:28 PM

Find an order page.

Is it suitable for oral ingestion?

Does vegetable grade mean food grade?

It has to be cautious when there is no sign of food grade.

FIRST AID MEASURES

Ingestion: 

If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Get medical attention. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. 

#641 Graviton

• 150 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 04:22 AM

Also,

if increasing the expression of UCP-1 is in the opposite direction as you said, is adding sulforaphane not a good choice for this thread's protocol?

Similar to fish oil which seems to increase mitochondrial fusion in the liver, but seems to increase the expression of UCP-1.

sulforaphane increases the expression of UCP-1.

SFN is a naturally occurring organo‐sulfur compound derived from cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, brussels sprouts, or cabbages 10. SFN is a well‐known potent natural oxidant with anticancer properties 11. SFN has also been demonstrated to inhibit adipogenesis, and improve glucose metabolism by blocking streptozotocin‐induced islet destruction 1213. Our previous study demonstrated that SFN can induce the apoptosis of adipocyte 14. Until now, however, little has been known about the impact of SFN on mitochondria homeostasis in adipocytes. As a result, we sought to investigate the effect of SFN on mitochondrial biogenesis and UCP1 expression in mature 3T3‐L1 adipocytes. We found that SFN strongly impacted mitochondria biogenesis and function, leading to increased mitochondrial content and oxidative capacity, and ultimately inducing white adipocyte browning. Additional data confirmed that SFN significantly enhanced the activity of CS and mitochondrial complex enzymes on the respiratory chain. More importantly, SFN markedly elevated the expression of UCP1, which is a specific protein of brown adipocyte. The cellular ATP content was decreased with the elevation of UCP1 protein level. These results indicated that SFN functions to promote the browning of adipocytes and dissipate of ATP.

Edited by Graviton, 16 October 2018 - 04:27 AM.

#642 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:33 AM

Insofar as UCP1 is unique to fat cells, stimulating it probably won't make any difference to this protocol. As for your question about stearic acid, C60 isn't food grade either, so that is not a consideration. 

• Needs references x 1

#643 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 12:53 AM

Stem Cell Self-Renewal Protocol
With neurogenesis, mito biogenesis, and stem-cell telomere supplements

Time 0 —

Stearic acid — 10 g (in brownie)

Time 1/2 hr —

DHEA — 25mg

TUDCA — 2 g

ALA — 800 mg

Acetyl-L-carnitine — 1 g

Vitamin C — 2 g

PQQ — 40 mg

L-Threonine — 10 g

Glutathione — 2 g (Setria brand)

NAC — 600 mg

Time 2 hr —

C60 — 3 mg (in EVOO)

Notes:

Stearic acid is for mito fusion; DHEA, TUDCA, ALA, and acetyl-L-carnitine are known enhancers of neurogenesis; PQQ for biogenesis; NAC, Setria brand glutathione and Vitamin C for stem-cell telomere maintenance and possible extension; and L-threonine for enhancing stem cell mito metabolism. Anecdotal evidence indicates dissolved C60 enhances stem cell differentiation, possibly by blocking UCP pores in mitochondria, while mito fusion is known to shift differentiation to self-renewal. Everything else is a setup for C60.

I know this is not your latest protocol, but why do you say that everything taken at time = 1/2 hour is a setup for C60? Don't most of the substances listed at time = 1/2 hours stimulate biogenesis, as does C60, so it's the stearic acid that is the setup for everything, albeit it is the most powerful. And if one was concerned primarily with neurogenesis, one could remove C60 from this protocol and push the time = 1/2 hours to time = 2 hours. Do I understand that the C60 is placed at time = 2 hours because at that time stearic would be fully absorbed? So, to repeat, wouldn't the switching of substances listed in your protocol at 1/2 to 2 hours work? 

Edited by tolerant, 18 October 2018 - 12:54 AM.

• Cheerful x 1

#644 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:14 AM

Find an order page.

I, too, cannot find an order page on their site. All I can find it a sample request form.

#645 Acetylnordopatoninol

• 24 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:15 AM

this study looked like it could be relevant. i'm not sure how similar intestinal epithelial stem cells are to other stem cells.

Evidence for a direct effect of the autonomic nervous system on intestinal epithelial stem cell proliferation
Elizabeth A. Davis, 1 Weinan Zhou, 2 and Megan J. Dailey
Abstract

The sympathetic (SNS) and parasympathetic (PNS) branches of the autonomic nervous system have been implicated in the modulation of the renewal of many tissues, including the intestinal epithelium. However, it is not known whether these mechanisms are direct, requiring an interaction between autonomic neurotransmitters and receptors on proliferating epithelial cells. To evaluate the existence of a molecular framework for a direct effect of the SNS or PNS on intestinal epithelial renewal, we measured gene expression for the main autonomic neurotransmitter receptors in this tissue. We separately evaluated intestinal epithelial regions comprised of the stem, progenitor, and mature cells, which allowed us to investigate the distinct contributions of each cell population to this proposed autonomic effect. Notably, we found that the stem cells expressed the receptors for the SNS‐associated alpha2A adrenoreceptor and the PNS‐associated muscarinic acetylcholine receptors (M1 and M3). In a separate experiment, we found that the application of norepinephrine or acetylcholine decreases the expression of cyclin D1, a gene necessary for cell cycle progression, in intestinal epithelial organoids compared with controls (P < 0.05). Together, these results provide evidence of a direct mechanism for the autonomic nervous system influence on intestinal epithelial stem cell proliferation.

• WellResearched x 1
  • like x 1

#646 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 October 2018 - 09:22 AM

this study looked like it could be relevant. i'm not sure how similar intestinal epithelial stem cells are to other stem cells.

These are indeed quite different. They are dividing constantly and the somatic cells created from them die constantly as well, not because of senescence but because of location, moving rapidly outwards from the SC crypts to the outer edge of the villa, where they are shed. There are many influences on their proliferation rate, including bacteria--"There is growing appreciation for the role of the gut microbiota in modulating intestinal proliferation and differentiation, as well as other aspects of intestinal physiology." 

Given the already high turnover, this protocol doesn't apply to them. Here we are looking to replace somatic cells of high epigenetic age that are typically dozens of replications and decades away from their stem cell origins.

Each crypt comprises
approximately 250 cells and an equivalent number of cells are generated each
day (Barker et al., 2012). Stem cells considered to reside within the crypt
base generate actively proliferating progenitors termed transit-amplifying
cells, which rapidly move upward toward the crypt–villus border (Vries,
Huch, & Clevers, 2010). As the cells migrate, they differentiate into cell
types of the absorptive lineage (enterocytes and goblet cells) or the secretory
lineage (enteroendocrine cells, tuft cells, and Paneth cells; Fig. 3.1). At the
villus tip, cells die and are shed into the intestinal lumen

• Good Point x 3
  • Ill informed x 1

#647 orion22

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:32 PM

i know everybody hates this idea but can you take c60 the powder  without the oil is there away to absorb it i know it dosen t work oral route 

i know bla bla bla solvent bla bla but if you mix it with oil its same thing in the end isn t it and the author of the study said the filtration isn t is optional if my info is corect

i just see more problems from the mixing it with oil part 

• Ill informed x 3
  • unsure x 1

#648 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 03:17 PM

turnbuckle

i ve been using the senolytic protocol (100mg apigenin, 2-4g ip6, 100mg pterostilbene, 0.6g fisetin, and about once a week 2g quercetin) since sept 22nd for few days a week and since oct 8th almost everyday.no c60, no stemcell renewal protocol, only 1 gdf11 injection this month at 0.025ng.

only used N+R and hydrogen water few times to have more power swimming but slowly during the protocol also power increased and now i need nothing to boost power

as to red/infrared light i kept using it on face, muscles and thyroid/thymus twice a week

my liver cyst was 23mm end of august and it is 18mm today (baseline size since about 2011 14-15mm), it was confirmed 100% as a cyst so no worries about the growth that happned exactly when making stemcell renewal protocol with stearic acid, no need of CT scan or frequent US checks.also face skin improved very much especially suppleness of skin and it s brown solid fat appearance on cheeks, i ve been told from a bunch of people it looks like a 30yo skin with no wrinkles now.

so i will keep this daily senolytic protocol and recheck cyst by US in 3-4 months, it would be a nice thing to clear it totally

i also experienced worsen vision and decreased reaction times

good BP values (about 5-8 points lower when adding quercetin) and increasing hrv and rmssd which is now around 30 vs 20-25 and still increasing day by day

Edited by lost69, 27 October 2018 - 03:19 PM.

• Informative x 2

#649 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:18 PM

NSI-189 is synergistic with the Turnbuckle stem cell protocol

In November 2015 I self-experimented with 30 mg NSI-189, 6 days a week for 4 weeks. After a mild headache for the first few days, there were benefits. I was more verbal, more productive at work and experienced noticeably increased skin/touch sensitivity. After about 3 months, those benefits returned to basal levels.

Recently I took 40 mg NSI-189 daily for 3 days coincident with 3 mg C60-MCT oil 1x/day and 10 gm stearic acid 2x/day. The effect was much, much stronger than before. Nights were restless and filled with vivid dreams. During the days I felt jittery and edgy, similar I image to drinking 4 or 5 shots of espresso. On day 3 I was lost in my thoughts. On day 5, my sense of smell was unusually acute: I was annoyed to smell a dog park a block away and paint from a construction site 3 blocks away. I was impatient with myself and others. Overall, this was not a pleasant experience. Maybe 20 or 30 mg/day for just 2 days with the Turnbuckle protocol would be a better dose for stimulating neurogenesis.

Following up on my post 555 using the Turnbuckle protocol to potentiate NSI-189 and promote neurogenesis, I took 20 mg NSI daily for 4 days with 3 mg C60-MCT oil 1x/day and 10 gm stearic acid 2x/day. On day 2 I had a slight headache and on days 2 - 4 I experienced feelings of general anxiety, but these side effects were manageable and faded day 5. On day 6 I surprised myself by being able to recall in detail a table I had seen in a quiz 10 hours earlier having 4 columns and 6 rows of choices. I had made no particular effort to remember that table; I was just able to pull up a mental image and read it off with the kind of clarity I had in my 20s. While this experience is n=1 and anecdotal, I do believe that the combination of NSI-189 and Turnbuckle protocol contributed to it.

Taking this treatment for 4 days seems to give more benefit than 3 days.

Over the last few months I have taken two other treatments that may have helped improve memory:

1) I attempted to dissolve any possible accumulation of amyloid-β by taking 1 g / day HEPPS for a month, as suggested in "Alzheimer's protocol — dissolve & detoxify"

2) I took 2 series of treatments of liposomal trehalose which may have dissolved accumulated of tau protein tangles, as described in "Autophagy Induction with Liposomal Trehalose"

• Informative x 3

#650 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 07:02 PM

Following up on my post 555 using the Turnbuckle protocol to potentiate NSI-189 and promote neurogenesis...

Fascinating.  What is your source of NSI-189?

#651 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 October 2018 - 07:24 PM

Fascinating.  What is your source of NSI-189?

I bought it on ebay a couple of years ago from NootraBioLabs.com.  I don't know anything about the seller or the purity.

• like x 1

#652 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:19 PM

Father55, how old are you?
  • unsure x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#653 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2018 - 02:42 PM

Father55, how old are you?

I am 63.

• Good Point x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#654 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2018 - 12:33 AM

I read an article on pubmed about leucine and stem cells. Do you think it helps, turnbuckle?

I've started on c60 and stearic acid. Was wondering about adding leucine.

#655 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:34 AM

I read an article on pubmed about leucine and stem cells. Do you think it helps, turnbuckle?

I've started on c60 and stearic acid. Was wondering about adding leucine.

It's already part of the current mito fusion regimen which is often used before or after this stem renewal cell protocol so that base is somewhat covered.

Edited by aribadabar, 30 October 2018 - 03:14 AM.

#656 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:46 AM

An updated experimental protocol, with the following caveats—

1. This is a work in progress. The latest protocol can always be found on my profile page.

2. It is intended as a geriatric treatment, not for young people.

3. Avoid alcohol on the same day as the self-renewal part, or you will be sorry.

4. I suggest the self-renewal 3 times a week for a month, and then the clearance, two or three days at a time at intervals for a month or two.

Stem cell self-renewal, with C60

This is where stem cell pools are expanded

Time 0 —

Stearic acid — 10 g (in hot chocolate or brownie)

TUDCA — 500 mg

Liposomal glutathione — 1 g

SAM-e — 200 mg

Astaxanthin — 8 mg

Time 3:00 —

Threonine — 10 g

Methionine — 1 g

Liposomal glutathione — 1 g

Butyrate — 600 mg (from sodium butyrate)

C60 — 3 mg (in EVOO or MCT oil)

Time 5:00+ —

More threonine if necessary

Clearance (senolytic+) treatment

This is where senescent cells are cleared out to make room for new stem cells and new somatic cells derived from stem cells. There are many possibilities, including cancer drugs, but here I’m using only supplements that are cheap and readily available. The idea is not only to eliminate senescent cells, but also to eliminate cells that are still dividing but are epigenetically old. The transit amplifying cell layer in the skin is one example of a target for this treatment, as they do most of the dividing, and even though they are not stem cells, they produce telomerase. Thus a telomerase inhibitor is necessary to get at them, and some of the same supplements (many of them flavonoids) act as both telomerase inhibitors and senolytics. Table 3 of this paper is a gold mine of possibilities.

My protocol has varied, but the following (taken twice a day for two or three days) seemed to work rather well, though I started out with reduced doses once a day, going two continuous weeks—

Curcumin (phytosome) — 1g

*Quercetin — 1-2 g

*Fisetin — 200 mg -1 g

*Apigenin — 100-200 mg

*Luteolin — 1-2 g

*To enhance absorption, I soaked these in 1 tablespoon MCT oil for an hour, diluted with 1 tablespoon olive oil, then mixed into fruit juice.

The previous self-renewal protocol can be found in post 539 and a previous clearance/senolytic protocol in post 551. Making stearic acid brownies is described in post 316. I removed the telomerase enhancer from the self-renewal protocol to make it easier to get rid of senescent cells during clearance. The idea is to use telomeric length as a sell by date, thus I don’t want to help epigenetically old cells by dosing them with telomerase enhancers.

I don’t yet have epigenetic age results after the clearance part of this treatment.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 30 October 2018 - 11:17 AM.

• Informative x 4
  • like x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#657 eigenber

• 64 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:23 PM

Do you recommend using telomerase activators at all?  If so, when?  I assume it would be outside both the fission and fusion protocols? By telomerase activators, I'm thinking specifically of astragalus extract and Epithalon. 

#658 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:34 PM

Do you recommend using telomerase activators at all?  If so, when?  I assume it would be outside both the fission and fusion protocols? By telomerase activators, I'm thinking specifically of astragalus extract and Epithalon. 

I've gone both ways with this since I first posted it, but now I'm leaning to minimizing telomerase activators. Perhaps just the first and last self-renewal treatments (at T=0). Or perhaps none at all. I addressed this in Reversing the Clocks -- https://www.longecit...ing-the-clocks/

• Informative x 1

#659 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:47 AM

I've been doing a lot of research into the mechanism by which various interventions (resveratrol, statins and sartans) increase telomerase (in vitro and in vivo) and I believe that mitochondrial fusion and low ROS will activate telomerase independent of the need for any other telomerase activators.

If you did want to add more TAs, then you'd want to do it during the fusion cycle to maximize the effect, but obviously you wouldn't want to do it during the senolytic cycle.

I have a ton of references here (https://www.longecit...on/#entry860719).

• WellResearched x 1

#660 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:55 AM

Incidentally mitochondrial fission leads to apoptosis in vulnerable cells, so running a fission cycle along with known senolytics would likely be synergistic.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2732420/

https://www.cell.com...(10)00948-7.pdf

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2991415/

• Informative x 3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, stem cells, mitochondria, fusion, stearic acid, aging, hydroxytyrosol, olive oil, mct oil, proliferation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users