• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Stem cell self-renewal with C60

c60 stem cells mitochondria fusion stearic acid aging hydroxytyrosol olive oil mct oil proliferation

• Please log in to reply
2503 replies to this topic

#1351 eigenber

• 64 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 September 2020 - 08:20 PM

Yes, as long as we're on the topic of interactions, what about antibiotics? If one is using amoxicillin for several weeks, should the protocol be avoided? 

#1352 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 September 2020 - 02:33 AM

Yes, as long as we're on the topic of interactions, what about antibiotics? If one is using amoxicillin for several weeks, should the protocol be avoided? 

Yes , it should. Finish the antibiotic cycle and then dabble in experimental protocols.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1353 eigenber

• 64 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 September 2020 - 05:14 AM

That's kind of what I was thinking. I could be wrong - but it seems that certain treatments are inherently 'fissiony' and if anything, the fusion portion of the protocol would be in order. Again though, just guessing.

#1354 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 September 2020 - 11:02 AM

In reference to the above posts--

1. This protocol is just a couple of years old. It's something I designed for myself and posted here for those interested in self experimentation with age reversal, and to get feedback.

2. Aging is a slow process, so no reason to rush things by stacking this protocol with other treatments. Potential interactions are unknown.

3. I've used no special diet with it, however I avoid meals for a few hours, as food will delay absorption unpredictably. I can't say if there might be interactions with specific foods, but generally there is something unexpected with every treatment.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 12 September 2020 - 11:07 AM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#1355 userCK

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2020 - 06:21 AM

3. I've used no special diet with it, however I avoid meals for a few hours, as food will delay absorption unpredictably. I can't say if there might be interactions with specific foods, but generally there is something unexpected with every treatment.

Actually, given your deep knowledge in this area, you might subconsciously know what foods to eat/avoid during the protocol. For example, had I not read the entire thread, I'd have imagined eating salad (containing broccolis) would be OK. But then I read posts talking about Broccomax so clearly you shouldn't eat brocoli! 

It sounds to me that eggs, chicken, steak, rice, whey protein shakes, coffee, milk, yogurt, cheese, white bread are safe to eat. That's plenty for a few days!

Thanks for responding!

#1356 userCK

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:03 AM

Znaturals food-grade mango butter (10 gram) is appropriate to eat direct (instead of baking steraic acid in brownies)?

#1357 yz69

• 54 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 September 2020 - 05:23 AM

just watched a very interesting video about mitochondria, https://www.youtube....0RcQjLM&t=2786s

according to this slide:

Attached File  2HG-TET relation.png   834.86KB   1 downloads

aKG could be helpful with fission/senolytic protocol, higher aKG promotes TET, higher NAD+/NADH lowers L-2HG, which also promotes TET, which helps demethylation.

after watching his video, I think metformin might also be a good idea for the C60 days:  metformin inhibits mitochondria complex I, when  mitochondria's respiratory chain is impaired,

stem cells still proliferate but can't differentiate, which means self renewal?

Edited by yz69, 17 September 2020 - 05:28 AM.

#1358 OlderThanThou2

• Registrant
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 06:35 AM

What about mango seed oil? It seems to have the same composition. I contacted the seller of this product:

https://www.ebay.fr/...3?ul_noapp=true

and they replied:

Thank you for the interest to our product. All our Oils are 100% pure, nothing added, we have MSDS for all our oils and we guarantee quality of our oil .
Yes, oil is suitable for food and cosmetic purposes.

#1359 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 September 2020 - 06:55 AM

What about mango seed oil? It seems to have the same composition. I contacted the seller of this product:

https://www.ebay.fr/...3?ul_noapp=true

and they replied:

Mago seed oil and mango butter are different names for the same thing. As it melts at around body temperature, it can be consumed directly, or mixed into a hot cereal or hot chocolate. In my experience it works in an hour or two, compared to three hours for stearic acid brownies. The taste is mild and not objectionable.

• Informative x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • like x 1

#1360 OlderThanThou2

• Registrant
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:18 AM

Mago seed oil and mango butter are different names for the same thing. As it melts at around body temperature, it can be consumed directly, or mixed into a hot cereal or hot chocolate. In my experience it works in an hour or two, compared to three hours for stearic acid brownies. The taste is mild and not objectionable.

The thing is I have had a hard time finding a mango butter that I am sure is good for consumption. I've asked several sellers and companies, either I haven't received a reply or they said it was only for cosmetics. Also the oil I mentionned is produced via expelled pressure so I take it it's healthy.

Also in the study I mentionned before they say they used "stearic acid, Sigma-Aldrich W303518", which is apprently this product:

https://www.sigmaald...ng=fr&region=FR

It is apparently >95% stearic acid, but they don't say what extraction method they used so I'm not sure how healthy it would be. 

#1361 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 September 2020 - 10:44 AM

The thing is I have had a hard time finding a mango butter that I am sure is good for consumption. I've asked several sellers and companies, either I haven't received a reply or they said it was only for cosmetics. Also the oil I mentionned is produced via expelled pressure so I take it it's healthy.

Also in the study I mentionned before they say they used "stearic acid, Sigma-Aldrich W303518", which is apprently this product:

It is apparently >95% stearic acid, but they don't say what extraction method they used so I'm not sure how healthy it would be. 

I've used Zatural brand mango butter, which is available from Amazon. If using food grade stearic acid (a triglyceride that is about half palmitic acid) or stearic acid FFA, it will have to be cooked into something to make it bioavailable, but mango butter has a low melting point so that is not necessary. Nevertheless, I usually drink it in hot chocolate.

This is not something you want to take every day, as keeping your mitochondria in fusion is not healthy. Fission is necessary to clear out defective mtDNA.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#1362 granmasutensil

• 56 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 10:59 AM

Don't forget there is also glyceryl stearate aka GMS. The monoester of glycerin and stearic acid. So likely the most effective stearic acid choice without having to order from a chemical supplier.

• like x 1

#1363 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 September 2020 - 11:05 AM

Don't forget there is also glyceryl stearate aka GMS. The monoester of glycerin and stearic acid. So likely the most effective stearic acid choice without having to order from a chemical supplier.

I don't recommend it for general use. If you have normal or low BP, it might be fine, but if you have high BP, it could send your blood pressure zooming faster than you can control it. The relative speed of action: GMS >> mango butter > stearic acid brownies.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 17 September 2020 - 11:06 AM.

• Needs references x 1

#1364 OlderThanThou2

• Registrant
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 01:55 PM

I've used Zatural brand mango butter, which is available from Amazon. If using food grade stearic acid (a triglyceride that is about half palmitic acid) or stearic acid FFA, it will have to be cooked into something to make it bioavailable, but mango butter has a low melting point so that is not necessary. Nevertheless, I usually drink it in hot chocolate.

This is not something you want to take every day, as keeping your mitochondria in fusion is not healthy. Fission is necessary to clear out defective mtDNA.

I had seen that product and was wondering about it, it's good then. 

I think I'd better stick to your protocol of once a week.

#1365 userCK

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 September 2020 - 03:37 PM

I ordered ZNaturals brand from Amazon. It is food grade and can also be used for cosmetics. I plan to eat it in warm water or warm soup or maybe even coffee.

#1366 OlderThanThou2

• Registrant
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 05:04 PM

I ordered ZNaturals brand from Amazon. It is food grade and can also be used for cosmetics. I plan to eat it in warm water or warm soup or maybe even coffee.

It's the way I prefer I think, I'm probably going to order it also.

#1367 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 18 September 2020 - 05:24 PM

I've used Zatural brand mango butter, which is available from Amazon. If using food grade stearic acid (a triglyceride that is about half palmitic acid) or stearic acid FFA, it will have to be cooked into something to make it bioavailable, but mango butter has a low melting point so that is not necessary. Nevertheless, I usually drink it in hot chocolate.

Any butter with a low melting point will obviously not have much stearic acid in it. Otherwise it would be solid, hard even, at room temperature.

I clarify butter to remove all the milk proteins,then I add stearic acid. When it sets it's hard. It can be spread on toast, melted onto pasta, used to make pancakes, or baked into cookies. Anything you use butter for, or (god forbid) vegetable oils , I use this instead. The batch I'm currently using is 37% stearic acid.

I've been doing this for a couple of months. I've lost weight (unsurprising as saturated fat makes you mildly insulin resistant). The only downside is your body needs a lot of bile to process all the fat. But it's manageable, and it especially lends itself well to intermittent fasting, as the saturated fat dominated meals are extremely filling.

This isn't a specific protocol for stem cell stimulation, like TB does trying to time eating SA brownies and C60 dosing. But every time my body goes into fat burning (which is often), is another opportunity for stem cell renewal, especially so given the fat stored in and used by my body is now highly saturated.

#1368 userCK

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 September 2020 - 06:46 PM

Any butter with a low melting point will obviously not have much stearic acid in it. Otherwise it would be solid, hard even, at room temperature.

I clarify butter to remove all the milk proteins,then I add stearic acid. When it sets it's hard. It can be spread on toast, melted onto pasta, used to make pancakes, or baked into cookies. Anything you use butter for, or (god forbid) vegetable oils , I use this instead. The batch I'm currently using is 37% stearic acid.

I've been doing this for a couple of months. I've lost weight (unsurprising as saturated fat makes you mildly insulin resistant). The only downside is your body needs a lot of bile to process all the fat. But it's manageable, and it especially lends itself well to intermittent fasting, as the saturated fat dominated meals are extremely filling.

This isn't a specific protocol for stem cell stimulation, like TB does trying to time eating SA brownies and C60 dosing. But every time my body goes into fat burning (which is often), is another opportunity for stem cell renewal, especially so given the fat stored in and used by my body is now highly saturated.

Check wiki, Mango Butter is 40%+ Stearic acid. If you purchased Stearic Acid (flakes), it's only 50% Stearic Acid anyway. So, instead of 10grams of those, I could take 12 grams of Mango Butter. And soup/hot coffee is basically boilng water (~100c) whereas Stearic Acid's melting point is ~ 70c

#1369 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 18 September 2020 - 08:57 PM

Check wiki, Mango Butter is 40%+ Stearic acid. If you purchased Stearic Acid (flakes), it's only 50% Stearic Acid anyway. So, instead of 10grams of those, I could take 12 grams of Mango Butter. And soup/hot coffee is basically boilng water (~100c) whereas Stearic Acid's melting point is ~ 70c

The stearic acid I use is 98%.

It's very surprising Mango Butter is 40% SA. Almost enough to make me doubt Wikipedia. It must have a lot of unsaturated fat as well to be so soft. In my view that might impact how mitochondria burn it.

Let us know how you get on with taking it.

#1370 userCK

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 September 2020 - 09:52 PM

The stearic acid I use is 98%.

It's very surprising Mango Butter is 40% SA. Almost enough to make me doubt Wikipedia. It must have a lot of unsaturated fat as well to be so soft. In my view that might impact how mitochondria burn it.

Let us know how you get on with taking it.

I believe Turnbuckle posted a comparison and the other 50-60%, he said, was also healthy. If you doubt Wikipedia, you can use any source you trust to verify information - I'm by no means limiting you to Wiki alone.

#1371 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 September 2020 - 11:33 PM

There are several vegetable butters that may work (From Table 2 of this paper). Several are available from Amazon.

Attached Files

Edited by Turnbuckle, 18 September 2020 - 11:42 PM.

• Informative x 5
  • Good Point x 2

#1372 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 19 September 2020 - 06:44 AM

If you want something more palatable that is said to be healthy, why not just eat lots of cocoa butter in the form of 90%+ dark chocolate? You'll be getting around 30% stearic acid. Better than eating large quantities of mango butter. Of course with SA enhanced dairy butter, you can eat it with anything starchy and it will be bioavailable.

#1373 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 September 2020 - 09:00 AM

If you want something more palatable that is said to be healthy, why not just eat lots of cocoa butter in the form of 90%+ dark chocolate? You'll be getting around 30% stearic acid. Better than eating large quantities of mango butter. Of course with SA enhanced dairy butter, you can eat it with anything starchy and it will be bioavailable.

You could, but if you are going to switch food grade stearic acid with 50% palmitic acid for a vegetable butter with a lower MP and thus faster availability, why not get rid of the palmitic acid at the same time? Oleic acid is far healthier than palmitic.

• Needs references x 1

#1374 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 19 September 2020 - 09:43 AM

You could, but if you are going to switch food grade stearic acid with 50% palmitic acid for a vegetable butter with a lower MP and thus faster availability, why not get rid of the palmitic acid at the same time? Oleic acid is far healthier than palmitic.

I'm not advocating palmitic acid specifically,as I said my preference is for 98% SA fortified butter milk, as you can use it in anything. But I do think the ratio of saturated to unsaturated fats matters in the effect on mitochondria. I don't have any definite proof of this as yet.

There's a difference between bioavailability and speed of absorption. If you're concerned about the latter glycerol monosterate is obviously the way to go. If it wasn't for the effects on BP I'd say that would be the best match for your protocol, which relies on timing mitochondrial fusion and stem cell stimulation. I'm trying an alternative approach that doesn't require such timing, I just have a diet enriched with stearic acid (not palmitic).

#1375 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 September 2020 - 12:12 PM

I just have a diet enriched with stearic acid (not palmitic).

That is not wise. Long term fusion is not healthy.

• Needs references x 1

#1376 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 19 September 2020 - 03:53 PM

That is not wise. Long term fusion is not healthy.

We'll see. As I said a meal with a lot of fat is very satiating so it's easy to fast the next day, adding your choice of nicotinamide, NMN, NR to up the fission as required.

#1377 mister_blue

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 September 2020 - 06:20 PM

I’m curious. I’ve seen people here who don’t mix NAD and C60.

You use both in your protocol ? Or only during the fusion phase ?

Edited by mister_blue, 19 September 2020 - 06:20 PM.

#1378 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 September 2020 - 11:47 AM

I’m curious. I’ve seen people here who don’t mix NAD and C60.

You use both in your protocol ? Or only during the fusion phase ?

Separately:
N+R ( NAD precursors) on fission days.

C60 on fusion ones.

Edited by aribadabar, 22 September 2020 - 11:47 AM.

#1379 joesixpack

• 466 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2020 - 05:14 AM

In reference to the above posts--

1. This protocol is just a couple of years old. It's something I designed for myself and posted here for those interested in self experimentation with age reversal, and to get feedback.

2. Aging is a slow process, so no reason to rush things by stacking this protocol with other treatments. Potential interactions are unknown.

Thanks for your work and contributions on this subject. You have no obligation to keep watch on this thread and give advice.

It is funny how aging seems to speed up, the older we get.

#1380 joesixpack

• 466 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2020 - 05:21 AM

Thanks for your work and contributions on this subject. You have no obligation to keep watch on this thread and give advice.

It is funny how aging seems to speed up, the older we get.

I just sort of feel my way using NR and C60. I do not take C60 unless more than 6 hours have elapsed between the time I take Nr and C60. It seems to be working for me. I also skip days with C60.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, stem cells, mitochondria, fusion, stearic acid, aging, hydroxytyrosol, olive oil, mct oil, proliferation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)