• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Stem cell self-renewal with C60

c60 stem cells mitochondria fusion stearic acid aging hydroxytyrosol olive oil mct oil proliferation

• Please log in to reply
2503 replies to this topic

#241 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:36 PM

1 how much time does it take for a stem cell to devide?

2 can the same stem cell start deviding again right after if we raise nad what about the newly made one?

3 how much time from when we raise nad+ do stem cells start to devide and does nad+ level have to be mentained 

Higher NAD+ levels may improve stem cell functionality, but don't appear to trigger stem cell proliferation. The disappearance (or blocking) of mitochondrial UCP pores does that. The time required is dependent of the type of stem cell it is. Crypt cells in the epithelium are the fastest, taking 9-10 hours for a complete cycle. Other stem cells take a lot longer, with most of the time in a resting phase. Presumably you could push them to cycle faster with C60--

Here, we show that hPSCs [human pluripotent stem cells] have functional respiratory complexes that are able to consume O(2) at maximal capacity. Despite this, ATP generation in hPSCs is mainly by glycolysis and ATP is consumed by the F(1)F(0) ATP synthase to partially maintain hPSC mitochondrial membrane potential and cell viability. Uncoupling protein 2 (UCP2) plays a regulating role in hPSC energy metabolism by preventing mitochondrial glucose oxidation and facilitating glycolysis via a substrate shunting mechanism. With early differentiation, hPSC proliferation slows, energy metabolism decreases, and UCP2 is repressed, resulting in decreased glycolysis and maintained or increased mitochondrial glucose oxidation. Ectopic UCP2 expression perturbs this metabolic transition and impairs hPSC differentiation. Overall, hPSCs contain active mitochondria and require UCP2 repression for full differentiation potential.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/22085932

Progression of mammalian cells through the G1 and S phases of the cell cycle is driven by the D-type and E-type cyclins. According to the current models, at least one of these cyclin families must be present to allow cell proliferation. Here, we show that several cell types can proliferate in the absence of all G1 cyclins. However, following ablation of G1 cyclins, embryonic stem (ES) cells attenuated their pluripotent characteristics, with the majority of cells acquiring the trophectodermal cell fate. We established that G1 cyclins, together with their associated cyclin-dependent kinases (CDKs), phosphorylate and stabilize the core pluripotency factors Nanog, Sox2 and Oct4.

https://www.nature.c...ticles/ncb3474 

• Ill informed x 1

#242 BelieveWeDoBetterTogether

• 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:50 PM

Started out with C60 from LiveLongerLabs and got spooked by C-60.com who said all C60 except his product had toxic solvents. Tried Carbon 60 from C-60.com, but got spooked by SES CEO who said it didn't have any Carbon 60. Started doing research and got renewed interest in Turnbuckles's protocol and his efforts to refine it as my initial results had stagnated. Still haven't decided to do it as don't know if there is a pure source of C60 as the vacuum baking apparently just out gasses the smell of the toxic solvents, but the residue is still there. Been looking for a good source of stearic acid, but still not sure if it should be from an animal or vegetable source and which company is reputable at making a food grade version. Consider myself a novice in unlimited lifespans so looking to become educated so I know what I am doing.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#243 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2018 - 09:12 PM

Tried Carbon 60 from C-60.com, but got spooked by SES CEO who said it didn't have any Carbon 60. 

I'm not going to make any recommendations, but there is likely every kind of fullerene and nanotube in it. It appears to be unrefined, and most of the stuff in it has not been testing on animals, except for a few humans who have taken it. The results can be bad, as noted in this post, and in subsequent posts on the same page.

• Needs references x 1

#244 BelieveWeDoBetterTogether

• 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2018 - 10:58 PM

I'm not going to make any recommendations, but there is likely every kind of fullerene and nanotube in it. It appears to be unrefined, and most of the stuff in it has not been testing on animals, except for a few humans who have taken it. The results can be bad, as noted in this post, and in subsequent posts on the same page.

Yeah, nobody seems to want to make any recommendations. You can find the good, the bad, and the ugly about anything and it has been tough sledding trying to figure out who knows what they are talking about and who doesn't with Carbon 60. I am staying away from all of the Carbon 60 until I find a truly reputable source. I can find no facts about how big the C60 molecules are (i.e. 1-200 nanometers?) and if their manufacturing process produces that size +/- ? nanometers. I can find no facts about how much and which solvents are in a product and how many vacuum dried solvent stuck together clustered molecules they have. I can find no human studies to show that C60 works well and have only the good, the bad, and the ugly testimonials many of which have a financial interest in the testimonial.  

I do like your protocol with the stearic acid as there are a number of articles that back up what you are saying about the fusion. However, if I can't find a good source of stearic acid and C60 then I'll be on the sideline watching this mess to see if anyone will stand behind what they are saying and be able to back it up with independent factual test results. I am quite frustrated with the C60 industry, but am hopeful that they will get their act together. Thank you for your willingness to be on the tip of spear advancing this C60 industry forward and your willingness to document your journey. I do not know enough to follow you in that journey at this time, but am rooting for you to succeed on the sideline for now:)

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#245 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:34 PM

I'd go with SES and definitely do the 99.99% because you do not want the solvent residues. They even have a recent video where the CEO explains the process. You may even be able to trust their more recent C60 in EVOO mixes as they've addressed a lot of the concerns. I am still just mixing it myself in EVOO I know to be fresh, from a reliable source and recent harvest.

Ichor has yet to come back with their results of the trial from last year. Hopefully we'll see something soon from Kelsey. Maybe those rats are still alive and kicking.

Just here reporting back on my 5th round of this protocol. Minus the TUDCA (substituting taurine) I am very closely matching what Turnbuckle is doing.

The great thing is that during and after each iteration of this protocol I feel great. I feel really strong when working out and really energetic with a lot of energy when doing anything active.  I *feel* young, and I realize anecdotally that means nothing really. 

Since it's been more than 60 days allowing for skin turnover I can say a couple of things here about skin and hair.

Skin:

I still see some very mild rosacea which has yet to go away. Apparently I have a genetic predisposition for it according to 23 and Me. My skin still looks great despite this but nothing super different or younger and I am not sure if I should expect that. I'm going by how I look on camera in different lighting conditions compared to before. Natural light always looks best but one great way to see changes, at least for me, is taking all pictures on cloudy days with a full overcast. Those are the days when my skin looks the worst on camera, not sure why. I filmed a recent character sketch for a show we were doing though, and I definitely felt a lot better about how I looked. Again, the improvements could be attributed more to drinking more water and moisturizing twice instead of once a day. I also added trehalose and apigenin to my moisturizer which may be helping. Hard to say. I'm only 44.

I had a really bad case of eczema on the bottom of my right foot for years, it's totally gone. I'm hesitant to credit this protocol but .. not sure why it's gone.

Hair:

I've been noticing in pictures taken from behind me that my hair does not look even remotely as thin as it was in previous years. I've always had baby fine hair though, but it's certainly much thicker where it was thinning before on the back top. It's a lot easier to tell when wet whether it's truly thickening or not. 

Some questions that I still have about this, some of which may not yet have any answer:

How often should I be doing this?

How much symmetric stem cell division can I invoke in one round?

What if I go out and drink or vape cannabis during this protocol? Will it screw it up?

What if I eat too much sugar or inflammatory foods during the protocol?

What if I follow this protocol with a fast or moreover, going back to a fission protocol? How soon after? 24 hours?

Edited by Nate-2004, 25 June 2018 - 03:41 PM.

• Informative x 1

#246 orion22

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:52 PM

if i buy c60 powder from SES will it spoil when shipped to Romania do to heat or light  when customs will open it?

#247 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:49 PM

How often should I be doing this?

How much symmetric stem cell division can I invoke in one round?

What if I go out and drink or vape cannabis during this protocol? Will it screw it up?

What if I eat too much sugar or inflammatory foods during the protocol?

What if I follow this protocol with a fast or moreover, going back to a fission protocol? How soon after? 24 hours?

How often and when do you know you've done enough? I've done it a max of 3 days in a row with a total of some 34 times over a period approaching 4 months, and I have the feeling I'm almost there, with most stem cell niches filled up. Out for a 6 mile hike/run on a wilderness trail yesterday (and on the second day of a fast), I felt much like I did 40 years before. I kept waiting for my muscles to tire or for a knee to act up, but those things never happened. 

How much can you get in one round? This is unknown. But I'm trying to get total symmetric division while letting my body use stem cells as needed. Thus I've added in sulforaphane 30 minutes before the C60 to make doubly sure my mitochondria are fully fused. Conversely, don't use this with fission. You won't like it.

Fasting seems okay with this protocol. At least there are no obviously bad results, and fasting naturally drives mitochondria into fusion. As for sugar and alcohol, these are unknown but likely harmful. Cannabis, however, promotes neurogenesis and migration, so it might actually help. Might being the important word. You are hereby assigned to do the experiment.

As for the fission/fusion protocol, I discontinued that entirely after I got my mitochondria back in shape over a period of many months. How do you know when you're done? When fission feels little different from fusion. Eventually you might need to do it again, but it took decades to screw them up so expect any decline to be gradual.

I previously posted positive results from this protocol in post #201, and subsequently added another benefit in #214--

For a couple of decades I’ve seen a distortion in the Amsler grid -- wavy lines in one area of one eye. This was stable so I didn’t worry about it, and last year it was still there. Yesterday I noticed it was gone. Now the grid looks regular and flat in both eyes.  

Edited by Turnbuckle, 25 June 2018 - 05:04 PM.

• Informative x 4
  • Ill informed x 1

#248 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:34 PM

Just to add my 2 pence, I've done this protocol 12 times. I generally do it 2 or 3 times a week. The main effect is tiredness, which gets worse if I do it on consecutive days. It also seems to knock my sex drive down, which is strange, but it recovers within a day or two.

In terms of other benefits, totally independently of Nate I have been thinking my hair looks suddenly thicker.

The number of times we'll have to do this will depend on the size of the particular stem cell niche and how often that tissue is turned over. I did find a paper that made some educated guesses on those numbers, but I can't lay hands on it right now.
  • Informative x 4

#249 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:55 PM

Thanks TB.

Another thing I forgot to add was this:

Has anyone gained weight since trying this protocol? It may have been my change in diet from keto to mostly vegetarian, but I gained 10 lbs and have been fighting to get my original weight back. I was hoping fasting would work but so far I haven't gained or lost anything significant. Might sound crazy but I wonder if more stem cells add weight haha. 

Also, as for my tremor, I've learned quite a bit more about it in recent days and have concluded it's not related to mitochondrial dysfunction. More recent research has pointed to purkinje cell degeneration due to possible glutamate toxicity and/or glutamate-GABA conversion dysfunction. That said, I was also following the part of the protocol for the brain, since I had all the supplements on hand. I was hoping any related degenerating motor neurons might regenerate. Nothing of the sort appears to have happened. Despite this, my tremor has abated by about 50% since I began taking the Jarrow B6-B12-Methylfolate chewables last week, which may point to the glutamate-GABA conversion which requires B6 as a possible target. It might also explain why I occasionally thought my tremor was improving with this protocol, since I did not take B6 all the time until now and the chewables seem particularly effective. I really was hoping this protocol would resolve the tremor problem.

• Informative x 2

#250 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:43 PM

if i buy c60 powder from SES will it spoil when shipped to Romania do to heat or light  when customs will open it?

No, it will be fine for a few days if the C60 powder is packaged - it is not that unstable.

The heat/light instability is concern for the C60oo congugates i.e. after C60 is mixed with EVOO.

Edited by aribadabar, 25 June 2018 - 07:13 PM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1

#251 Female Scientist

• 58 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:12 PM

Same here. Acquiring, storing, and using C60 is still too worrisome for me. The QC issues are too unsettled. Also I’m using red light frequently, which apparently is contraindicated while using C60 concurrently. Would love it if Turnbuckle could propose a NON-C60 based alternate SC Protocol for those of us on the sidelines....

Yeah, nobody seems to want to make any recommendations. You can find the good, the bad, and the ugly about anything and it has been tough sledding trying to figure out who knows what they are talking about and who doesn't with Carbon 60. I am staying away from all of the Carbon 60 until I find a truly reputable source. I can find no facts about how big the C60 molecules are (i.e. 1-200 nanometers?) and if their manufacturing process produces that size +/- ? nanometers. I can find no facts about how much and which solvents are in a product and how many vacuum dried solvent stuck together clustered molecules they have. I can find no human studies to show that C60 works well and have only the good, the bad, and the ugly testimonials many of which have a financial interest in the testimonial.

I do like your protocol with the stearic acid as there are a number of articles that back up what you are saying about the fusion. However, if I can't find a good source of stearic acid and C60 then I'll be on the sideline watching this mess to see if anyone will stand behind what they are saying and be able to back it up with independent factual test results. I am quite frustrated with the C60 industry, but am hopeful that they will get their act together. Thank you for your willingness to be on the tip of spear advancing this C60 industry forward and your willingness to document your journey. I do not know enough to follow you in that journey at this time, but am rooting for you to succeed on the sideline for now:)

• Agree x 1

#252 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:26 PM

Same here. Acquiring, storing, and using C60 is still too worrisome for me. The QC issues are too unsettled. Also I’m using red light frequently, which apparently is contraindicated while using C60 concurrently. Would love it if Turnbuckle could propose a NON-C60 based alternate SC Protocol for those of us on the sidelines....

Here's a review article that contains a treasure trove of possibilities--Potential role of herbal remedies in stem cell therapy: proliferation and differentiation of human mesenchymal stromal cells.

And also, Herbs that Promote Cell Proliferation.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 25 June 2018 - 07:38 PM.

• Informative x 3
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Agree x 1

#253 BelieveWeDoBetterTogether

• 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:03 PM

Thank you for the feedback. I am tracking the C60 industry and will let you know if I find a company who meets my standard of excellence.

Good to know that red light is contraindicated while using C60 so thank you for that. Yeah, I read your red light thread which was interesting so well done and glad that is working out for you. I am experimenting with Intermittent Fasting and my Magnawave PEMF machine and now studying C60 and this SC Protocol so that is enough for now:) 

Great idea about a NON-C60 SC protocol (believe you wanted other options to produce fission) and glad to see Turnbuckle responded so thank you for that idea. Been using my Magnawave PEMF machine and got treatments before that for ~1 year total. Really think that technology is a game changer and will work well with this SC protocol to help all of the cells in the body. It really works well to keep me feeling great and I have seen only benefits from it. Would like to believe there are multiple SC protocols to get self renewable so will work hard to figure a good one out.

#254 BelieveWeDoBetterTogether

• 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:20 PM

Just to add my 2 pence, I've done this protocol 12 times. I generally do it 2 or 3 times a week. The main effect is tiredness, which gets worse if I do it on consecutive days. It also seems to knock my sex drive down, which is strange, but it recovers within a day or two.

Dang. Tired and knocks sex drive down...that sounds bad. Why do you think that is happening? Are you sure it is this SC Protocol? Sometime I get a Nocebo in my mind and that seems to trigger bad things. I definitely have a Nocebo about C60 so wondering if you have a Nocebo on some aspect of this SC Protocol. Not sure what to tell you to do, but I am pointing at the C60 and thinking replacing that with some of the ideas Turnbuckle posted about might be a good experiment to contrast with what you found. It seems like 12 times is enough to make a pretty solid conclusion to continue or try something else. Best wishes and definitely pulling for you.

#255 Fanatik

• 13 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:52 AM

Turnbuckle, in your first post you mentioned adding to your c60oo, 1400mg/kg of hydroxytyrosol (HT).

Was this mostly pure?

I have not had any luck finding anything higher than about 20% HT. Would you mind linking the product you used?

#256 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:58 AM

From the above, the pick of the bunch is probably the two PPAR (Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors) -gamma antagonists, in addition to their ability to reduce Mesenchymal Stem Cell differentiation, as alluded to in this paper, they also can increase the proliferation of hematopoietic stem cells;

https://www.nature.c...rticles/nm.4477

The first, Quzhisu, is a mix of different Chinese herbs, and the other is an extract of aloe vera, as well as being found in rhubarb.

Aloe vera is also involved in the metabolic death pathway, and has been used to kill cancer cells, so some caution might be merited in high doses.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/19942342

Another find - Isorhamnetin is a metabolite of Quercetin, and is also found in Sea Buckthorn, and is another PPAR-gamma antagonist.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/26775807

PPAR is very important in proliferation and differentiation, though I suspect we will find out there is a link to mitochondrial fission and fusion. I'm sure I've seen a paper with a rhubarb extract causing fusion, but I can't find it right now.

Edited by QuestforLife, 26 June 2018 - 09:00 AM.

• like x 2
  • Informative x 2
  • WellResearched x 1

#257 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:11 AM

On the subject of mitochondrial fusion regulating stem cell renewal, I mentioned in post #66 how a 1 month protocol of low dose Sartan and Statin caused arterial rejuvenation (via increased telomerase expression). Well now I can say why in more detail: Statins strongly upregulate mitochondrial fusion:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/27720611

The Sartan (angiotensin II inhibitor) lowers ROS, and so by a separate pathway is inhibiting the fission that occurs when the cell’s antioxidant response is overwhelmed, and that is why it is synergistic with a statin.

Of course if one was to do this protocol as an alternative to Turnbuckle’s, the usual precautions when using statins (even at a low dose), should be taken – using CoQ10 or MitoQ. This is necessary as the melvonate pathway that blocks cholesterol production (and incidentally causes mito fusion) also blocks CoQ10 production.

By the way, the above paper is pretty amazing, and also explains why rapamycin positively affects mitochondrial function.

Edited by QuestforLife, 26 June 2018 - 09:23 AM.

• Informative x 3
  • Good Point x 1

#258 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:14 AM

Turnbuckle, in your first post you mentioned adding to your c60oo, 1400mg/kg of hydroxytyrosol (HT).

Was this mostly pure?

I have not had any luck finding anything higher than about 20% HT. Would you mind linking the product you used?

It was 25% pure -- Olea25. And while I still believe that such antioxidants add significantly to the overall antioxidant character of the C60 mix, the antioxidant effect and the longevity effect are different things. The Baati paper reported on two experiments--a week long experiment with a toxin, where the rats were loaded up with C60 for a week prior to administration of CCl4, and an experiment with longevity without toxins, where after a few initial doses of C60, rats got a dose once every two weeks for six months. Both experiments had impressive results, and people naturally thought both stemmed from the same source. But there was never any evidence they were linked, and I think they are not. While the first is indeed due to C60's character as an antioxidant, I've hypothesised that other is due to C60's physical character--that it is the right size and shape to block UCP pores in mitochondria. These pores keep stem cells quiescent. When they disappear, stem cells begin to proliferate.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 26 June 2018 - 09:15 AM.

• Needs references x 1
  • unsure x 1
  • like x 1

#259 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:14 AM

On the subject of mitochondrial fusion regulating stem cell renewal, I mentioned in post #66 how a 1 month protocol of low dose Sartan and Statin caused arterial rejuvenation (via increased telomerase expression). Well now I can say why in more detail: Statins strongly upregulate mitochondrial fusion:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/27720611

First, statins are extremely dangerous, and their use by the medical profession is not much better than voodoo or blood-letting.

Second, you state that statins strongly upregulate mito fusion. I don't see that in your reference. Increasing the mean mito volume is not the same as fusion, as it could represent a toxic effect with more ROS, and thus not bias stem cells to symmetric division.

• Needs references x 1
  • like x 1

#260 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 26 June 2018 - 11:00 AM

I don't see that in your reference. Increasing the mean mito volume is not the same as fusion*

*Yes it is in this case, see Figure 7a. Individual mitochondria were significantly bigger.

I agree with you that Statins are a two edged sword and should be approached with caution, but as shown in the reference from post #66, a cycled low dose can be very beneficial.

And let's not pretend that large quantities of refined stearic acid plus a nanomaterial are without any risk.

#261 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2018 - 11:50 AM

*Yes it is in this case, see Figure 7a. Individual mitochondria were significantly bigger.

I agree with you that Statins are a two edged sword and should be approached with caution, but as shown in the reference from post #66, a cycled low dose can be very beneficial.

And let's not pretend that large quantities of refined stearic acid plus a nanomaterial are without any risk.

Again, a larger diameter of mitochondria does not equate with fusion, and they make no claim of this. You've read this into the paper.

It is necessary to understand how statins lead to skeletal muscle degradation in order to
fully grasp the extent of their effects on the body. A study of cerivastatin in male rats implicates
its targeting of mitochondria as a plausible cause of muscle toxicity (Obayashi et al. 2011). The
researchers studied effects to the soleus muscle, a muscle rich in type I fibers, and the extensor
digitorum longus and the tibialis anterior, muscles rich in type II fibers, throughout the course of
cerivastatin treatment. While no particular skeletal muscle is purely made up of one type of
muscle fiber (i.e. type I, IIA or IIB) (Swenson 2006), a particular muscle may contain a larger
percentage of one of the three types of fibers; researchers tend to choose these muscles to study
in order to determine trends in muscle fiber types after statin administration While light
microscopy did not show any visible signs of damage to any of the three muscles on day 6,
electron microscopy of the soleus muscle revealed mitochondria that were swollen, electron
dense, deteriorated, and contained inclusion bodies Other abnormalities included autophagic
vacuoles, some of which were consuming membrane-bound organelles, activated lysosomes,
myeloid structures, and disorderly myofibrils. By day 8, the soleus muscle of the cerivastatintreated
rats showed enlarged mitochondria in addition to vast differences in the diameter of the
myofibers and some very darkly staining myofibers.

Overall, the mitochondria in this study showed changes in shape, becoming rounded as
opposed to oval, and were sought out and destroyed by lysosomes. Only after the destruction of
the mitochondria were myofibrils jumbled and autophagic vacuoles active. These findings led to
the logical premise that mitochondria are targeted by cerivastatin 

Stearic acid is a great deal safer than statins by any measure, and miles better when it comes to mitochondria.  As for the reference in post #66, it is full of speculation. They claim claim the following--

In any case, increased telomerase activity was observed and was a clear sign of arterial rejuvenation.

Hardly clear, especially for a one month trial. Besides, if you want to increase telomerase, there are far safer alternatives, like cycloastragenol or TA-65.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 26 June 2018 - 12:24 PM.

• Needs references x 1
  • like x 1

#262 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:47 PM

Again, a larger diameter of mitochondria does not equate with fusion, and they make no claim of this. You've read this into the paper.

The paper's focus is not directly on mitochondrial fusion, but I think it is clear this is what is happening. Greater mitochondrial volume, larger individual mitochondria and greater membrane potential - what else can you attribute this to?

As for the reference in post #66, it is full of speculation. They claim claim the following--

Hardly clear, especially for a one month trial. Besides, if you want to increase telomerase, there are far safer alternatives, like cycloastragenol or TA-65.

But increased telomerase is not the only improvement they report in the Stanic paper:

Importantly, increased telomerase activity obtained in the combination group significantly
correlated with i) arterial function, measured by flow-mediated dilation (FMD) (r=0.79;
P<0.001) and ii) C-reactive protein concentration (r=-0.54; P=0.02) and total antioxidative status
(r=0.50; P=0.03).

And remember these are in vivo results from a real human pilot study, not in a test tube - which is the only place cycloastragenol/TA-65 has ever shown anything significant.

But I digress - you may well be right that stearic acid and C60 is the best way to go. I think this is a great protocol and I will continue to use it. But it might not be the only way to go. However I will refrain from posting anymore about statins and sartans here, in case it dilutes the thread.

Edited by QuestforLife, 26 June 2018 - 01:26 PM.

#263 orion22

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:50 PM

Turnbuckle can you pls explain again in a more simple way(my background is computer programming) why you switched to 3 days in a row from 1 day from what i understood after you block the UCP pores the fusion starts whats the point to do 2 more days

#264 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2018 - 03:53 PM

Turnbuckle can you pls explain again in a more simple way(my background is computer programming) why you switched to 3 days in a row from 1 day from what i understood after you block the UCP pores the fusion starts whats the point to do 2 more days

First is the mito fusion from the stearic acid. That will bias stem cells from asymmetric to symmetric division (self renewal). Then the C60 blocks UCP pores and that launches stem cells into proliferation. Once they are committed to symmetric division, that's it, and after that they take some hours to days to mature. Then you can do another cycle. How many you can do and how frequently is an unknown, but I'm like most people, impatient. So I started out with three days in a row. (Besides, the brownies were addictive.) I didn't decide to cut back for any reason except that I now seem to be in much better shape than before. There are many stem cell niches and it's impossible to know if they are all filled, and I don't know if overfilling them could be a problem. Possibly, but since they are my own stem cells and not injected, I'd expect any side effects to be minimal. And I haven't seen any so far.

Keep in mind that bocking UCP pores with C60 as a mode of action is hypothetical. It's also not clear that all tissue-specific types of stem cells will react to C60 in the same way. Satellite cells, for instance, which give rise to new muscle cells. These are known to be triggered by nitric oxide generated by muscle damage (which normally triggers asymmetric division), so I am presently considering a protocol like the following, with no exercise in order to build up the satellite cell pool--

Experiment with satellite cell self-renewal

Time 0 —

L-Threonine — 5 g

Taurine — 5 g

ALA — 600 mg

Vitamin C — 2 g

NAC — 600 mg

Sulforaphane — 10-50 mg

Time 1:00 —

Potassium nitrate — 300 mg

Optional: C60 — 3 mg

————

Notes:

Sulforaphane supplies the fusion and suppresses myostatin.

Threonine and taurine are stem cell nutrients.

ALA, C, NAC and sulforaphane are antioxidants, suppressing the ROS that biases stem cells to asymmetric division.

Potassium nitrate supplies the nitric oxide.

Stem cell activation in skeletal muscle regeneration

… dying fibers produce nitric oxide (NO) that further activates HGF and downstream signaling to induce satellite cell activation ...

The application of sulforaphane, a DNA methyltransferase inhibitor, to isolated satellite cells results in downregulation of the myostatin signaling pathway, which may promote satellite cell proliferation and differentiation

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4412728/

Edited by Turnbuckle, 26 June 2018 - 04:05 PM.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1

#265 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2018 - 04:37 PM

And remember these are in vivo results from a real human pilot study, not in a test tube - which is the only place cycloastragenol/TA-65 has ever shown anything significant.

Your comment on this?

http://www.rechargeb...unger/#comments

• Informative x 1

#266 orion22

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2018 - 04:47 PM

i was thinking to do a a fast before the fusion than only the the'' strongest'' cells will symmetric divide on the first use than repeat after 4 days so you can get the same 'strong' cells  to divide again assuming they will be first again so if you did 2 days in a row  you would divide on the second day the cells that didnt divide the first time assuming they didn t do that because where weaker than the ones that did does that make any seance

so what im suggesting is to multiply a ''10'' every 4 days rather than a '10' first day a '9' the second day,a 8the 3rd day

#267 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 26 June 2018 - 05:58 PM

Your comment on this?

http://www.rechargeb...unger/#comments

Thanks for that aribadabar. A placebo controlled study with Ta-65 showed a small but significant increase in telomere length in those taking one tablet a day for a year.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5178008/

So I'm not totally writing off telomerase activators, only pointing out they are far less effective in vivo than in vitro, and clearly they are no anti aging magic bullet. I wish they were and maybe someone will crack a small molecule telomerase activator one day soon. Until that day I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that stem cell stimulation may be a better approach.
  • Informative x 2

#268 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:21 PM

SkQ1 is obnoxiously expensive and difficult to obtain in the amounts required to achieve the desired effect.

MitoLab sells SkQ1 in useless, miniscule doses that amount to nothing, 5mcg, where 3mg is optimal. Easier to just use a conservative, low dose (10mg) MitoQ in the mornings.

Back on topic:

I did another round of the fusion protocol with C60 this weekend but this time I had already run out of the liposomal astragalus. After doing some reading I figure that's probably not doing much to preserve telomere lengths anyway. Even TA-65 is horrible at significantly boosting telomerase in any way. 

I do notice some differences in my skin quality at this point after more than 3 rounds of this so far. I got a picture taken in good light and I look way better than usual. All subjective of course.

If I take the drug "ВЕЗУГЕН", I start to look younger.
(I did not conduct an external assessment of my age - I heard it from other people).
These are just different methods.

They tell me that I do not look at my age (I'm 36 years old).

A "SkQ1" in the right concentration should appear in 2-3 years.

Edited by Kentavr, 27 June 2018 - 08:25 PM.

#269 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:07 PM

---

If we consider the aging process in general, we can focus on 4 directions:

1. Increasing the length of telomeres - However, the activation of this process speeds up the epigenetic clock. Therefore, it is necessary to comply with paragraph 2.
2. Slowing or reversing the epigenetic clock.
3. Preserving young activity and maintaining the health of stem cells and mitochondria
4. Preservation of healthy immunity (healthy bone marrow stem cells + cessation of thymus degradation).

I see the solution for the following drugs and regimens:

1. Any solution that contributes to elongation or shortening of telomere length. There are a lot of them, you all know them (I wrote about them in a separate article.

2. Metformin (1000 mg) + telmisartan (from 40 mg).  While in the research stage (I try to apply, gradually increase the dosage). ( + perhaps, Beta blocker https://en.wikipedia...i/Beta_blocker)

3. Nicotinamide ribozide / nicotinamide dinucleotide / (nicotinamide + ribose) / ВЕЗУГЕН / regimen that uses "Turnbuckle" (This is a very good method! - while in the study ) - choose who likes what . Combinations are possible. It is also possible "SkQ1" - for the health of mitochondria.

4. Intermittent fasting / FMD diet / high doses of melatonin (14 mg) - must be checked for safety / Endoluten + Vladonix or Epithalon + Thymalin / high doses of bitter chocolate (for thymus - under consideration) - choose who likes what.

For me, in general, the direction of development is obvious.

Obviously, a mode of 2 points can not be combined with regime "Turnbuckle", since inhibition of "mTOR" does not contribute to the division of stem cells.

Mode "2" and method "Turnbuckle" will have to alternate.

P.S.: By the way, the patent for Epitalon ends in 2024, and then any company can produce it, not only for research purposes, but also as a potential geroprotector.

Edited by Kentavr, 27 June 2018 - 09:22 PM.

• Well Written x 1
  • Off-Topic x 1

#270 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:23 PM

4. Preservation of healthy immunity (healthy bone marrow stem cells +

4. Intermittent fasting / FMD diet / high doses of melatonin (14 mg) - must be checked for safety / Endoluten + Vladonix or Epithalon + Thymalin / high doses of bitter chocolate (for thymus - under consideration) - choose who likes what.

What about Bonomarlot as part of 4?

Isn't it better suited than Endoluten or Vladonix?

Edited by aribadabar, 27 June 2018 - 09:36 PM.

• Off-Topic x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, stem cells, mitochondria, fusion, stearic acid, aging, hydroxytyrosol, olive oil, mct oil, proliferation

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)