• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Stem cell self-renewal with C60

c60 stem cells mitochondria fusion stearic acid aging hydroxytyrosol olive oil mct oil proliferation

• Please log in to reply
2501 replies to this topic

#301 orion22

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:09 PM

so since this protocol gives such great results (results witch i can see on myself)  that means we stopped ageing with this?

#302 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:31 AM

Experiment with satellite cell self-renewal, update 3

Time 0 —

Stearic acid — 10g (in hot chocolate or brownie)

Cycloastragenol — 10 mg

and/or Astragalus root extract powder — 5 g

Time 2:00 —

TUDCA — 500 mg

Liposomal glutathione — 500 mg

Time 2:30 —

Threonine – 5-10 g

C60 — 3 mg (in EVOO or MCT oil)

Time 3:30 —

Potassium nitrate — 500 mg

Remarks:
I mostly just switched things around, putting the satellite cell stimulation last as nitrate can suppress the proliferation of neural stem cells, thus by taking it an hour later, proliferation has already begun. One then doesn’t have to choose between brain and brawn.

I deleted the ECGC as it accelerates the differentiation of satellite cells to muscle cells, and my goal is to build up the satellite cell pool, not use them up willy-nilly. I also deleted sulforaphane and C as possibly superfluous.

Are you just using bulk potassium nitrate? Dose seems large, any rebound headache issues? I have read saliva converts nitrate to nitrite have you considered subliminal / buccal ?

From http://www.pnas.org/...9/33/13144.full

"Bioactivation of nitrate requires initial reduction to the more reactive nitrite anion, and this reaction is mainly carried out by commensal bacteria in the oral cavity (23) and to a lesser degree, the tissues by mammalian enzymes (24). Salivary-derived nitrite is partly reduced to NO in the acidic stomach as described above, but much nitrite also survives gastric passage and enters the systemic circulation, which is evident from the marked nitrite increase in plasma seen after ingestion of nitrate (3). In blood and tissues, nitrite can undergo additional metabolism to form NO and other bioactive nitrogen oxides, including S-nitrosothiols. A number of enzymes and proteins have been shown to act as nitrite reductases, including deoxygenated hemoglobin, myoglobin, xanthine oxidase, mitochondrial respiratory chain enzymes, and more (25)."

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#303 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:38 PM

Turnbuckle,
The rats in the Baati experiment were given 1.7 mg/kg body weight once per week over a 7-month period. For a 70 kg adult, the human equivalent dose is (1.7 mg/kg)(6/37)(70 kg) = 19.3 mg.  “The prolongation of the lifespan of rats by repeated oral administration of [60]fullerene” (2012) http://www.medicinab...r/mb-0916.pdf  

In contrast, as I understand it, your protocol is based on 1 tsp of C60-MCT oil containing about 3 mg C60 taken with 10 gm stearic acid for 3 days in a row/week. This is about ½ the Baati dose. https://www.longecit...ndpost&p=849333

Since the Baati experiment is the only hard data point for significant lifespan extension from C60, and assuming stem cell pool replenishment contributed to that result, doesn’t it make more sense to take 2 tsp C60-MCT oil instead of 1?

• Good Point x 2

#304 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:27 PM

so since this protocol gives such great results (results witch i can see on myself)  that means we stopped ageing with this?

I do not think so.

Information on the cells of the brain and heart

1. Cells of the brain and heart, almost not updated at all.

Neurons occur during embryonic development, and by the 4th-5th month of pregnancy, the majority of such cells form in the future baby.
After birth and until the end of human life, neurons mostly die.
The new nerve cells of the brain, according to the latest scientific data, appear during a lifetime in a microscopic amount.

2. Fat cells live 7.5 - 8 years

3. Hepatic cell hepatocytes on average 327 days

4. Cells of the epithelium (inner shell of the intestine) 2 - 4 days,

5. Skin cells 10 - 30 days

6. Sperm life is 2 months.

This is followed by important assumptions:

A. Engolation of telomeres (and stimulation of stem cell division!)  is not so important for nerve cells and heart cells.
Due to the fact that nerve cells and cardiac cells are not being replaced, starting an apoptosis program in very old age can increase the risk of death.

B. Activation of telomerase (and stimulation of stem cell division!) for epithelial cells that live only 2-4 days is most likely not relevant. Moreover, it can increase the risk of cancer (eg, colon cancer).

B. The greatest positive effect is expected for cells with a life span of 1-5 years (liver cells, possibly the vascular endothelium, etc.). There activation of telomerase can bring much more benefit (and brings). This can be noticeable in improving the vascular wall and liver function.

Simply stimulating the division of stem cells will give very many advantages, but still can not give fundamental changes in cells that do not divide in the body.

The second important factor that I see is the reversal of epigenetic changes + cleaning out the debris from the cells.

---
Сonclusions

-->    For the reasons mentioned above, for cells updated with medium speed (epithelial and hepatic cell walls), as well as for cells that are updated more often, but where the stem cell concentration is high (skin cells), stem cell renewal will have an advantage.

-->    Where there is accelerated division (intestinal cells) in the first place, most likely, epigenetic changes will occur, and the division of stem cells will be secondary.

-->    Where there is practically no cell division (cardiac cells and nerve cells), the stimulation of stem cell division is unlikely to benefit, except to improve the external environment of the cell to a healthier one.

Edited by Kentavr, 13 July 2018 - 05:47 PM.

• WellResearched x 2
  • Ill informed x 1

#305 orion22

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:02 PM

I do not think so.

Information on the cells of the brain and heart

1. Cells of the brain and heart, almost not updated at all.

Neurons occur during embryonic development, and by the 4th-5th month of pregnancy, the majority of such cells form in the future baby.
After birth and until the end of human life, neurons mostly die.
The new nerve cells of the brain, according to the latest scientific data, appear during a lifetime in a microscopic amount.

2. Fat cells live 7.5 - 8 years

3. Hepatic cell hepatocytes on average 327 days

4. Cells of the epithelium (inner shell of the intestine) 2 - 4 days,

5. Skin cells 10 - 30 days

6. Sperm life is 2 months.

This is followed by important assumptions:

A. Engolation of telomeres (and stimulation of stem cell division!)  is not so important for nerve cells and heart cells.
Due to the fact that nerve cells and cardiac cells are not being replaced, starting an apoptosis program in very old age can increase the risk of death.

B. Activation of telomerase (and stimulation of stem cell division!) for epithelial cells that live only 2-4 days is most likely not relevant. Moreover, it can increase the risk of cancer (eg, colon cancer).

B. The greatest positive effect is expected for cells with a life span of 1-5 years (liver cells, possibly the vascular endothelium, etc.). There activation of telomerase can bring much more benefit (and brings). This can be noticeable in improving the vascular wall and liver function.

Simply stimulating the division of stem cells will give very many advantages, but still can not give fundamental changes in cells that do not divide in the body.

The second important factor that I see is the reversal of epigenetic changes + cleaning out the debris from the cells.

---
Сonclusions

-->    For the reasons mentioned above, for cells updated with medium speed (epithelial and hepatic cell walls), as well as for cells that are updated more often, but where the stem cell concentration is high (skin cells), stem cell renewal will have an advantage.

-->    Where there is accelerated division (intestinal cells) in the first place, most likely, epigenetic changes will occur, and the division of stem cells will be secondary.

-->    Where there is practically no cell division (cardiac cells and nerve cells), the stimulation of stem cell division is unlikely to benefit, except to improve the external environment of the cell to a healthier one.

1 After birth and until the end of human life, neurons mostly die.
2 The new nerve cells of the brain, according to the latest scientific data, appear during a lifetime in a microscopic amount
these 2 are true when you are not on c60 and the other good stuff i doubt if you are on omega 3s and the other cool suppliments and super healthy life style you get close to that 
2 you don t know how many will appear with this protocol 

• Needs references x 1
  • unsure x 1

#306 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:09 PM

1 After birth and until the end of human life, neurons mostly die.
2 The new nerve cells of the brain, according to the latest scientific data, appear during a lifetime in a microscopic amount
these 2 are true when you are not on c60 and the other good stuff i doubt if you are on omega 3s and the other cool suppliments and super healthy life style you get close to that 
2 you don t know how many will appear with this protocol 

Maybe.

However, I know one rule:

stem cells appear from stem cells.

If there are no stem cells, then the division of stem cells is impossible.

• Needs references x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Agree x 1

#307 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:56 PM

I believe Turnbuckle addressed some of these concerns Kentavr, by an experiment to clear out old cells so that the topped up stem cell pools can then differentiate out more quickly than they would otherwise have done. This would also have the effect of reducing the net epigenetic age of the tissues, given that new somatic cells will have been replaced from a 'fresh' stem cell.

It may well be however that it will take a great deal of time (possibly years) to see the full beneficial effects of having more available stem cells in the slow turnover tissues.
  • Agree x 2

#308 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:55 PM

Yes, I understand it, and I am very grateful to him for it! Huge thanks to him !! This is really an outstanding work!
I also understand that it is possible to improve the functioning of old cells (for example, nerve cells) by improving the area around them.
But I do not understand the following:
---

1. Muscle cells in the human body do not divide 50 times, and, nevertheless, grow old.
Explanation: "Turnbuckle" improved the condition of their muscles due to the fact that they shifted epigenetic age, taking the addition of "nicotinamide + ribose".
In this case, it was the epigenetic reversal (activation of all 7 sirtuins). It is unlikely that this happened due to the division of stem cells.
---

2. It is not clear how to use the protocol "Turnbuckle" to replace nerve cells.

- Are there several stem cells close to each nerve cell of our body, ready to replace it?
- Do we think that even in the case when the stem cell turns into a nerve cell, will its axon go exactly in the same direction as in the old cage and connect to the same site?

It is unlikely that the protocol "Turnbuckle" allows you to do this. For the time being, only save them.
Even if they can be replaced, this can affect memory, since new axons and dendrites are unlikely to connect in the same places.
The only thing that protocol "Turnbuckle" can help is to remove the mitochondrial dysfunction in these cells (and this is really a big help !!) But to replace the nerve cells, most likely, using the protocol "Turnbuckle" will not work.
Also, what comes to my mind is that in some parts of the brain (for example, in the hypothalamus) such stem cells still exist, and the additional division of stem cells in these departments will shift the commands of the hypothalamus to more "young" ones. In this I see the connection of stem cells with epigenetics.

---
3. Cells of the heart are also unlikely to change. Although now there is a hope for obtaining an artificial heart muscle from stem cells in a clinic.
---
It can be assumed that both muscles, and nerve cells, and vertebral cells die from mitochondrial dysfunction.
But why then there are dysfunctions of mitochondria?
The answer is given by this news: https://medicalxpres...human-cell.html

"Epigenetic regulation refers to changes, such as the addition of chemical structures or proteins, which alter the physical structure of the DNA, resulting in genes turning on or off. Unlike mutations, these changes do not affect the DNA sequence itself. If this theory is correct, then genetically reprogramming the cells to an embryonic stem cell–like state would remove any epigenetic changes associated with the mitochondrial DNA. In order to test this theory, the researchers reprogrammed human fibroblast cell lines derived from young and elderly people to an embryonic stem cell-like state. These cells were then turned back into fibroblasts and their mitochondrial respiratory function examined. Incredibly, the age-associated defects had been reversed - all of the fibroblasts had respiration rates comparable to those of the fetal fibroblast cell line, irrespective of whether they were derived from young or elderly people. This indicates that the aging process in the mitochondrion is controlled by epigenetic regulation, not by mutations.

The researchers then looked for genes that might be controlled epigenetically resulting in these age-associated mitochondrial defects. Two genes that regulate glycine production in mitochondria, CGAT and SHMT2, were found. The researchers showed that by changing the regulation of these genes, they could induce defects or restore mitochondrial function in the fibroblast cell lines. In a compelling finding, the addition of glycine for 10 days to the culture medium of the 97 year old fibroblast cell line restored its respiratory function. This suggests that glycine treatment can reverse the age-associated respiration defects in the elderly human fibroblasts.

These findings reveal that, contrary to the mitochondrial theory of aging, epigenetic regulation controls age-associated respiration defects in human fibroblast cell lines."

Here is the answer.
This is also confirmed by the fact that when the cells recoil epigenetic program (for example, by the factors of Yamanaki), cell rejuvenation, telomere increase and reduction of dangerous forms of oxygen are observed.

Edited by Kentavr, 13 July 2018 - 09:26 PM.

#309 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:12 PM

Depends on how aging is measured. I'm awaiting epigenetic results to compare to results before I started. Certainly I look and feel considerable younger, and have reversed a number of longstanding problems that I've listed previously.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#310 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:42 PM

Turnbuckle,
The rats in the Baati experiment were given 1.7 mg/kg body weight once per week over a 7-month period. For a 70 kg adult, the human equivalent dose is (1.7 mg/kg)(6/37)(70 kg) = 19.3 mg.  “The prolongation of the lifespan of rats by repeated oral administration of [60]fullerene” (2012) http://www.medicinab...r/mb-0916.pdf  

In contrast, as I understand it, your protocol is based on 1 tsp of C60-MCT oil containing about 3 mg C60 taken with 10 gm stearic acid for 3 days in a row/week. This is about ½ the Baati dose. https://www.longecit...ndpost&p=849333

Since the Baati experiment is the only hard data point for significant lifespan extension from C60, and assuming stem cell pool replenishment contributed to that result, doesn’t it make more sense to take 2 tsp C60-MCT oil instead of 1?

For most of the time they got it every two weeks--

Three groups of 6 rats (10 months old, weighing 465  31 g) were administered daily
for one week, then weekly until the end of the second month and then every two
weeks until the end of the 7th month, by gavages with 1 ml of water or olive oil or
C60 dissolved in olive oil (0.8 mg/ml), respectively.

It's my belief that the rats got their extra months of life primarily from asymmetric division of stem cells. If you keep using C60 for substantially longer than that, you can expect to see the results fade and the effectiveness of C60 in reversing apparent age disappear (even though the value as an antioxidant will remain). Thus I expect the average long term human user will experience a reduction of lifespan due to depletion of stem cell pools...unless they use it as described in this thread to get symmetric division and maintain their pools of stem cells. (Which is itself speculative at this point.) As I have previously hypothesized, C60 is blocking UCP pores and thus kicking stem cell mitochondria into making ATP, beginning their division. It's known that the activity of mitochondria drives stem cell differentiation and that UCP pores disappear at this time. These mitochondria have only so many pores, so taking an excess of what is needed to block them all will achieve nothing. And while some who have taken large amounts of C60 have found no particular advantage to it, the actual minimal dose is not established.

Kentavr: However, I know one rule:

stem cells appear from stem cells.

If there are no stem cells, then the division of stem cells is impossible.

Exactly. That's why it's important not to run out.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 13 July 2018 - 11:47 PM.

• Needs references x 1

#311 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:27 AM

1. Muscle cells in the human body do not divide 50 times, and, nevertheless, grow old.
Explanation: "Turnbuckle" improved the condition of their muscles due to the fact that they shifted epigenetic age, taking the addition of "nicotinamide + ribose".
In this case, it was the epigenetic reversal (activation of all 7 sirtuins). It is unlikely that this happened due to the division of stem cells.
---

2. It is not clear how to use the protocol "Turnbuckle" to replace nerve cells.

- Are there several stem cells close to each nerve cell of our body, ready to replace it?
- Do we think that even in the case when the stem cell turns into a nerve cell, will its axon go exactly in the same direction as in the old cage and connect to the same site?

It is unlikely that the protocol "Turnbuckle" allows you to do this. For the time being, only save them.
Even if they can be replaced, this can affect memory, since new axons and dendrites are unlikely to connect in the same places.
The only thing that protocol "Turnbuckle" can help is to remove the mitochondrial dysfunction in these cells (and this is really a big help !!) But to replace the nerve cells, most likely, using the protocol "Turnbuckle" will not work.
Also, what comes to my mind is that in some parts of the brain (for example, in the hypothalamus) such stem cells still exist, and the additional division of stem cells in these departments will shift the commands of the hypothalamus to more "young" ones. In this I see the connection of stem cells with epigenetics.

1. Muscle cells do not divide, but satellite cells fuse with them and thus repair them. The depletion of the satellite cell pool and/or the loss of their ability to divide is likely a major cause of muscle atrophy in old age.

Muscle regeneration
Skeletal muscle contains numerous 'satellite cells' underneath the basal lamina, as shown in the photograph opposite. These are mononucleated quiescent cells. When the muscle is damaged, these cells are stimulated to divide. After dividing, the cells fuse with existing muscle fibres, to regenerate and repair the damaged fibres.

The skeletal muscle fibres themselves, cannot divide. However, muscle fibres can lay down new protein and enlarge (hypertrophy).

2. Various substances are known that stimulate neurogenesis and I've previously linked to a couple on this thread. TUDCA, for instance--

Tauroursodeoxycholic Acid Enhances Mitochondrial Biogenesis, Neural Stem Cell Pool, and Early Neurogenesis in Adult Rats.

Although neurogenesis occurs in restricted regions of the adult mammalian brain, neural stem cells (NSCs) produce very few neurons during ageing or after injury. We have recently discovered that the endogenous bile acid tauroursodeoxycholic acid (TUDCA), a strong inhibitor of mitochondrial apoptosis and a neuroprotective in animal models of neurodegenerative disorders, also enhances NSC proliferation, self-renewal, and neuronal conversion by improving mitochondrial integrity and function of NSCs. In the present study, we explore the effect of TUDCA on regulation of NSC fate in neurogenic niches, the subventricular zone (SVZ) of the lateral ventricles and the hippocampal dentate gyrus (DG), using rat postnatal neurospheres and adult rats exposed to the bile acid. TUDCA significantly induced NSC proliferation, self-renewal, and neural differentiation in the SVZ, without affecting DG-derived NSCs. More importantly, expression levels of mitochondrial biogenesis-related proteins and mitochondrial antioxidant responses were significantly increased by TUDCA in SVZ-derived NSCs. Finally, intracerebroventricular administration of TUDCA in adult rats markedly enhanced both NSC proliferation and early differentiation in SVZ regions, corroborating in vitro data. Collectively, our results highlight a potential novel role for TUDCA in neurologic disorders associated with SVZ niche deterioration and impaired neurogenesis.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/28534273

and,

Tauroursodeoxycholic acid increases neural stem cell pool and neuronal conversion by regulating mitochondria-cell cycle retrograde signaling

Neurogenesis decreases throughout adult mammalian life, compromising the regenerative capacity of the brain for tissue maintenance and repair. Therefore, novel strategies responsible for enhancing neural stem cell (NSC) commitment and differentiation and also increasing and maintaining functional NSC pools are pivotal, particularly for ageing- and neuronal loss-associated diseases...

Indeed, the effect of the bile acid in inhibiting both the increase of ROS and the depletion of ATP was very pronounced since differentiation-induced changes in mtROS and ATP were completely abolished by
TUDCA...Additionally, TUDCA treatment resulted in profound changes of NSC cycle progression.

• Informative x 2
  • Needs references x 1

#312 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:56 AM

https://www.scienced...80710113502.htm

https://www.scienced...80503142852.htm

https://www.scienced...80706091723.htm

https://www.scienced...80424112433.htm

https://www.scienced...80208141315.htm

• like x 2
  • Informative x 1

#313 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:24 PM

... while some who have taken large amounts of C60 have found no particular advantage to it, the actual minimal dose is not established.

When I took 2 tsp C60-MCT oil 3 times per week my normally green to brown hazel eyes turned grayish-blue to a lighter brown near the pupil. When I took 1 tsp 3 times per week for 3 weeks I didn't notice that affect. From this change I am certain that 2 tsp / day is enough to potently suppress ROS.

1 tsp / day might be enough to ensure stem cell self-renewal, but I don't know how to be certain. Could you suggest how 1 tsp / day in the protocol that might be confirmed or otherwise supported?

Edited by Fafner55, 14 July 2018 - 10:34 PM.

• Informative x 1

#314 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:23 PM

When I took 2 tsp C60-MCT oil 3 times per week my normally green to brown hazel eyes turned grayish-blue to a lighter brown near the pupil. When I took 1 tsp 3 times per week for 3 weeks I didn't notice that affect. From this change I am certain that 2 tsp / day is enough to potently suppress ROS.

1 tsp / day might be enough to ensure stem cell self-renewal, but I don't know how to be certain. Could you suggest how 1 tsp / day in the protocol that might be confirmed or otherwise supported?

Try it both ways. But I wouldn't use it every day in any case. Once the niches are topped off by symmetric proliferation, my feeling is that it would be best to let the body use them as needed with asymmetric differentiation, using the protocol from time to time to keep the numbers topped off. It's all speculative, of course, as I only started using this fusion/C60 protocol a few months ago.

• Needs references x 1

#315 Graviton

• 150 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:24 AM

Why not trying dark chocolate bar like 100g, which may yield about 10g of stearic acid(depending on products)?

Is it because to avoid palmitic acid or caffeine in it?

just taking stearic acid into chocolate tea has some issues: first of all, stearic acid is easily separated from the solution, and also it becomes solidified.

The texture of stearic acid is not that pleasant.

#316 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:37 AM

Why not trying dark chocolate bar like 100g, which may yield about 10g of stearic acid(depending on products)?

Is it because to avoid palmitic acid or caffeine in it?

just taking stearic acid into chocolate tea has some issues: first of all, stearic acid is easily separated from the solution, and also it becomes solidified.

The texture of stearic acid is not that pleasant.

That was discussed early on. See post #7 on the first page of this thread, where I gave this recipe--

Lecithin helps it dissolve. I use 10 g stearic acid, a like amount of lecithin, Hershey's unsweetened cocoa, low cal brown sugar, then stir up the dry powders before adding milk and microwaving...

Lecithin is absolutely required for dispersion in hot chocolate, but not for brownies.Using a box mix that calls for 2/3 cups of oil, I cut that back to 2 tablespoons and add 120 grams of stearic acid flakes, leaving the rest of the recipe unchanged. Then I mix at room temp using a power mixer, baking according to directions, dividing it 3x4 and freezing most of it for later use.

Palmitic acid is no good for this protocol. PA induces mito fission, the opposite of what you want. I would also not use a mix containing cinnamon for the same reason. Cinnamon metabolizes to sodium benzoate, which promotes fission.

3.4 | PA induced ATP reduction and mitochondrial
fission independent of ROS production

Several studies have shown toxic effects of PA to mitochondrial function
including the decrease in ATP contents within the cells.23-25 In
this study, the total ATP content in the OECs, reflecting cellular energy
production, decreased as expected in the presence of PA in a
dose-dependent manner (Figure 4A). To investigate whether PA directly
altered mitochondrial dynamics, we stained the OECs with
MitoTrackerRed and examined cellular mitochondrial network. As
shown in Figure 4B, the mitochondrial morphology shifted toward
a fragmented, discontinuous network, with a higher proportion of
smaller and rounder mitochondria, when the OECs were treated with
PA (400 μmol/L) for 24 h.

https://onlinelibrar....1111/aji.12642

Note that a missing word in the abstract might incorrectly suggest PA increases ATP, but the full paper says the opposite. The more important aspect is that PA causes mitochondria to fission, thus biasing stem cells to asymmetric division. So don't use products with cocoa butter, which contain large amounts of PA. Best to use pure, food-grade stearic acid. Some have tried simply eating the raw flakes, but as stearic acid doesn't melt at body temp, this could take a long (and unknown) time to digest. So that doesn't seem like a reliable method. Nor does spoon mixing it into peanut butter, which is about equivalent to eating raw flakes.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 15 July 2018 - 10:12 AM.

• Informative x 5
  • Needs references x 1

#317 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:35 PM

Turnbuckle

i had platelet rich plasma plus dermapen treatment on tuesday, to boost results i had 3 days of renewal stemcells updated protocol 2 prior and 3days post.

whats the best way to boost results?

continue with high dose C60 15-20ml (0.8ng c60 per ml) after 3days of your protocol or keep renewal protocol for 1 week instead of 3 days?

by the way at the clinic they told me i lost weight and put up muscle mass and that it is good if i keep it this way but not to lose more weight than this.

this is the first time they noticed this in 1 year i go there so it is definitely your protocol (changed nothing in swimming or diet) and in just 9 rounds.....definitely very very noticeable

Edited by lost69, 15 July 2018 - 12:36 PM.

#318 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:39 PM

Turnbuckle

i had platelet rich plasma plus dermapen treatment on tuesday, to boost results i had 3 days of renewal stemcells updated protocol 2 prior and 3days post.

whats the best way to boost results?

continue with high dose C60 15-20ml (0.8ng c60 per ml) after 3days of your protocol or keep renewal protocol for 1 week instead of 3 days?

by the way at the clinic they told me i lost weight and put up muscle mass and that it is good if i keep it this way but not to lose more weight than this.

this is the first time they noticed this in 1 year i go there so it is definitely your protocol (changed nothing in swimming or diet) and in just 9 rounds.....definitely very very noticeable

I'm not recommending "high dose C60" and I don't know much about PRP except that it will certainly stimulate asymmetric stem cell division to repair damaged tissue. Therefore I wouldn't mix it with a protocol designed to produce symmetric division. I would leave a couple of blank days between them, but if you find some advantage to doing otherwise, please let us know.

• Needs references x 1

#319 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:14 PM

feedback from my family members: this time the effect from PRP is less, still an improvement but much less than previous times.

previously i used high dose C60 15-24ml the week before it and at least 2-3 weeks after, i stopped antinflammatory supplements and resumed 3-4 weeks later.

previous effect was immediate 3-4 days after PRP:

lifting of cheeks area and face in general, skin looking like less than 30yo especially the color and supplness the first week, few wrinkles between eyes almost invisible at naked eyes.the best effect is the first 2 weeks and than it fades a little the following weeks and balance a step better than baseline and lasts till the next session every 4 months, overall i am told i look around 35yo (30yo or less for few and around 40yo for others so results from this protocol is definitely positive).dermapen is at 2.5mm and less around eyes, nose and forehead

the vivid red color of my blood from C60 was noticed immediately at first PRP session

i started C60 sept 2016, PRP+dermapen feb 2017, gdf11 june 2017, i have not experienced any fading effect from C60 and about 25ml is the max dose i tried which gave amazing effects on swimming but your renewal protocol has better immediate effects on skin/body/muscles

age 49yo, baseline dna metylation is 40.7yo in october 2017, i will retest in sep/oct 2018

I'm not recommending "high dose C60" and I don't know much about PRP except that it will certainly stimulate asymmetric stem cell division to repair damaged tissue. Therefore I wouldn't mix it with a protocol designed to produce symmetric division. I would leave a couple of blank days between them, but if you find some advantage to doing otherwise, please let us know.

Edited by lost69, 15 July 2018 - 09:35 PM.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#320 Graviton

• 150 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 03:07 AM

Lecithin is absolutely required for dispersion in hot chocolate, but not for brownies.Using a box mix that calls for 2/3 cups of oil, I cut that back to 2 tablespoons and add 120 grams of stearic acid flakes, leaving the rest of the recipe unchanged. Then I mix at room temp using a power mixer, baking according to directions, dividing it 3x4 and freezing most of it for later use.

What kind of lecithin do you use? Sunflower lecithin or Soy lecithin? Can you recommend website link or brand that you use?

Do you think 10g of stearic acid + 10g of sunflower lecithin in hot water would work?

I guess adding some stevia or erythritol would lessen some unpleasant texture of fat.

#321 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:44 AM

Are there any considerations in regards to eating food before, during and after stearic acid-C60 intake?

#322 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2018 - 10:24 AM

Graviton: Re lecithin, I don't have any preference. While I've used other brands in the past, I presently use NOW brand lecithin granules, which is soy based, dirt cheap, and can be purchased from Amazon, iHerb, and other vendors. It claims to be non-GMO, but that is not important in my opinion. There's a lot of propaganda by the sunflower lecithin manufacturers claiming their lecithin is better, and perhaps it is, but I haven't seen the data. As for using lecithin with just water and stearic acid, I encourage you to try it and report back. 

Andey: Other than the brownie or hot chocolate, I don't eat during the protocol, and considering it is only a period of 3-4 hours, that shouldn't be a problem. Red light fasting (often with L-carnitine fumarate) seems to go well with it, and fasting appears to increase the efficiency of stem cell production, at least in some tissues. In post #312 above, Hebbeh linked to the following regarding intestinal cells--

Fasting boosts stem cells' regenerative capacity

As people age, their intestinal stem cells begin to lose their ability to regenerate. These stem cells are the source for all new intestinal cells, so this decline can make it more difficult to recover from gastrointestinal infections or other conditions that affect the intestine...This age-related loss of stem cell function can be reversed by a 24-hour fast, according to a new study from MIT biologists. The researchers found that fasting dramatically improves stem cells' ability to regenerate, in both aged and young mice.

• Informative x 2

#323 Graviton

• 150 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 04:48 PM

For the use of Tauroursodeoxycholic Acid, I wonder if it can cross the blood brain barrier. For the references that it may help for stem cell pool, does it refer in vivo study?

Because some sources say that it is a water soluble bile salt, it may not be effective as much as fat soluble compounds.

Conversely, some sources seem to say it can cross the blood brain barrier since it is hydrophilic.

Edited by Graviton, 16 July 2018 - 05:46 PM.

#324 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:41 PM

For the use of Tauroursodeoxycholic Acid, I wonder if it can cross the blood brain barrier. For the references that it may help for stem cell pool, does it refer in vivo study?

Because some sources say that it is a water soluble bile sat, it may not be effective as much as fat soluble compounds.

Conversely, some sources seem to say it can cross the blood brain barrier since it is hydrophilic.

See the following--

In addition to these promising studies, TUDCA and UDCA have therapeutic advantages because they are orally bioavailable, can cross the blood-brain barrier, and are relatively nontoxic. In addition, TUDCA is a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved drug used in humans to treat primary biliary cirrhosis. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4505631/

• Informative x 3

#325 Graviton

• 150 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:16 AM

One more thing to add, what is the reason why you delete icariin in your protocol?

I cannot find the study of icariin which this can maintain stem cell self renewal. Only studies that I can find are icariin promotes proliferation of stem cells, but it seems that they don't mention about whether it may maintain their ability for self-renewal.

Edited by Graviton, 18 July 2018 - 07:17 AM.

#326 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:38 PM

I’ve tried combining the following protocols, but ultimately I decided they probably work better separately. As usual, see my profile page for a link to the latest protocol updates. These change according to my own experience with them. Results so far can be found in posts 201, 206, and the top of post 214.

------------------------------------------------------

Stem cell self-renewal, with C60

Time 0 —

Cycloastragenol — 10 mg

TUDCA — 500 mg

Liposomal glutathione — 500 mg

Time 2:30 —

Threonine – 10 g

C60 — 3 mg (in EVOO or MCT oil)

------------------------------------------------------

Satellite cell self-renewal, without C60

Rationale: This protocol is based on the hypothesis that fusion promotes symmetric division of satellite cells as it does with other stem cells, while nitic oxide is a unique signal for proliferation of satellite cells. C60 may not add anything in this case, and may even interfere. Note that the protocol is directed to increasing the pool of satellite cells and not directly creating muscle tissue.

Time 0 —

Cycloastragenol — 10 mg

L‑Carnitine fumarate – 1 g

Threonine – 10 g

Time 2:30-4:00 —

Running/hiking on wilderness trails (or other exercise)

Edited by Turnbuckle, 18 July 2018 - 02:25 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#327 triguy

• 79 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:59 PM

feedback from my family members: this time the effect from PRP is less, still an improvement but much less than previous times.

previously i used high dose C60 15-24ml the week before it and at least 2-3 weeks after, i stopped antinflammatory supplements and resumed 3-4 weeks later.

previous effect was immediate 3-4 days after PRP:

lifting of cheeks area and face in general, skin looking like less than 30yo especially the color and supplness the first week, few wrinkles between eyes almost invisible at naked eyes.the best effect is the first 2 weeks and than it fades a little the following weeks and balance a step better than baseline and lasts till the next session every 4 months, overall i am told i look around 35yo (30yo or less for few and around 40yo for others so results from this protocol is definitely positive).dermapen is at 2.5mm and less around eyes, nose and forehead

the vivid red color of my blood from C60 was noticed immediately at first PRP session

i started C60 sept 2016, PRP+dermapen feb 2017, gdf11 june 2017, i have not experienced any fading effect from C60 and about 25ml is the max dose i tried which gave amazing effects on swimming but your renewal protocol has better immediate effects on skin/body/muscles

age 49yo, baseline dna metylation is 40.7yo in october 2017, i will retest in sep/oct 2018

great work!   who do you use for testing

#328 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 02:05 PM

Satellite cell self-renewal, without C60

Rationale: This protocol is based on the hypothesis that fusion promotes symmetric division of satellite cells as it does with other stem cells, while nitic oxide is a unique signal for proliferation of satellite cells. C60 may not add anything in this case, and may even interfere. Note that the protocol is directed to increasing the pool of satellite cells and not directly creating muscle tissue.

Time 0 —

Cycloastragenol — 10 mg

L‑Carnitine fumarate – 1 g

Threonine – 10 g

Time 2:30-4:00 —

Running/hiking on wilderness trails (or other exercise)

Looks like fusion agent is missing here. 

#329 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2018 - 02:09 PM

One more thing to add, what is the reason why you delete icariin in your protocol?

I cannot find the study of icariin which this can maintain stem cell self renewal. Only studies that I can find are icariin promotes proliferation of stem cells, but it seems that they don't mention about whether it may maintain their ability for self-renewal.

I take things in and out according to my perceived results. That doesn't mean they don't work, only that the value wasn't clear or wasn't unique. The paper that suggested fusion would bias stem-cells to self renewal dates from 2016 (linked to in the OP) and thus you won't find anyone talking about such things as they didn't realize they could bias it. The idea that you could use stearic acid and C60 (and/or other stem cell stimulants) in a protocol to build up stem cell pools is new, as far as I know.

Andey--Thanks for catching that. Lucky the edit window was still open so I could fix it.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 18 July 2018 - 02:26 PM.

• Ill informed x 1
  • WellResearched x 1
  • like x 1

#330 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:44 PM

Turnbuckle,

Have you ever stopped reception "Stem cell self-renewal" to see what will happen?

If so, did you notice a worsening of your condition, and after what time?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, stem cells, mitochondria, fusion, stearic acid, aging, hydroxytyrosol, olive oil, mct oil, proliferation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users