• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Stem cell self-renewal with C60

c60 stem cells mitochondria fusion stearic acid aging hydroxytyrosol olive oil mct oil proliferation

• Please log in to reply
2503 replies to this topic

#271 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:37 PM

What about Bonomarlot as part of 4?

Isn't it better suited than Endoluten or Vladonix?

Yes you are right. I forgot about Bonomarlot. But it can be added as an option, after the FMD diet (preferably after 5-6 cycles, to enhance the activity of dividing stem cells during the growth phase - but this is the proposition).

I'm still not sure about it, whether it spends inactive reserves of bone marrow cells (and thus depletes them), or it increases their number (even a little).

Therefore I consider it as an auxiliary preparation. A combination of "ВЕЗУГЕН + Bonomarlot" is possible. I think it will be even better.

Edited by Kentavr, 27 June 2018 - 09:43 PM.

#272 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:52 PM

After my post 204 I did a 5 day fasting mimicking diet followed immediately by a round of 2 tsp stearic acid twice/day and 1 tsp C60 in MCT oil once/day for 3 days.  My injured knee responded by healing further. The recovery is complete. I don't have a tinge of pain now and can't tell any difference between my knees. This is truly a dramatic recovery after nearly 9 months of pain and no progress in healing.

• Informative x 9
  • like x 3
  • Agree x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#273 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:28 PM

After my post 204 I did a 5 day fasting mimicking diet followed immediately by a round of 2 tsp stearic acid twice/day and 1 tsp C60 in MCT oil once/day for 3 days.  My injured knee responded by healing further. The recovery is complete. I don't have a tinge of pain now and can't tell any difference between my knees. This is truly a dramatic recovery after nearly 9 months of pain and no progress in healing.

That's a fantastic development but are there any confounders to this result? Anything else that you have taken/done that may have helped?

#274 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:33 PM

That's a fantastic development but are there any confounders to this result? Anything else that you have taken/done that may have helped?

There are no confounding factors. I was careful not to take any other supplements or drugs during these periods, and my lifestyle is quite regular. For me, one day is very much like another. 

• Informative x 2

#275 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:07 AM

This has been my experience as well. The medical industry is making a mint selling artificial knees when all people really need is a few dollars worth of stem cell stimulants. 

I've changed my personal protocol once again, adding back the potassium nitrate and using it at the same time as C60 while deleting the subsequent exercise. I was not happy with muscle development without it, and my suspicion that C60 alone does not stimulate satellite cells seems correct. That said, sulforaphane inhibits myostatin, and myostatin inhibits muscle growth, so it's a confounding factor. Another potential addition is epicatechin.

Experiment with satellite cell self-renewal 

Time 0 —

Stearic acid — 10g

Time 2:00 —

Sulforaphane glucosinolate — 100 mg

Time 2:30 —

Potassium nitrate — 300 mg

C60 — 3 mg

TUDCA — 500 mg

Liposomal glutathione — 1 g

Edited by Turnbuckle, 28 June 2018 - 10:03 AM.

• Informative x 3
  • Ill informed x 1

#276 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:14 AM

After my post 204 I did a 5 day fasting mimicking diet followed immediately by a round of 2 tsp stearic acid twice/day and 1 tsp C60 in MCT oil once/day for 3 days. My injured knee responded by healing further. The recovery is complete. I don't have a tinge of pain now and can't tell any difference between my knees. This is truly a dramatic recovery after nearly 9 months of pain and no progress in healing.

Did you use Longo's five-day FMD ( https://prolonfmd.co...mimicking-diet/ ) ?

I injured my right knee in 2017-09 jumping down a few feet off a rock while hiking. It was injured to the extent that climbing stairs was painful and slow. This injury showed no sign of healing until after a second treatment of a modified Turnbuckle protocol. Today the pain is nonexistent and it feels nearly completely healed. While I can’t be certain, in the absence of other factors it seems likely that these treatments contributed to healing this injury.

I took 2 tsp stearic acid twice/day and 1 tsp C60 in HCT oil once/day for three days beginning May 25 and June 1. On the other days I took no supplements or medications.

Did you get an orthopedic diagnosis or any imaging for the damaged knee?

#277 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:34 PM

Did you use Longo's five-day FMD ( https://prolonfmd.co...mimicking-diet/ ) ?

Did you get an orthopedic diagnosis or any imaging for the damaged knee?

I did not purchase the Longo diet from prolonfmd.com. I assembled my own version by matching the same number of calories per day with the same percentages of carbs, fats and protein.

As to your other question, I did not get a professional diagnosis or image the knee.

• Informative x 1

#278 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 05:16 PM

I've been reading reports that people adhering to pure carnivorous diets often find relief from arthritis and joint and tendon pain and inflammation.  I wonder if the high stearic acid in their diet is responsible for this, at least in part.

• Needs references x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#279 Graviton

• 150 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 06:08 PM

I've been reading reports that people adhering to pure carnivorous diets often find relief from arthritis and joint and tendon pain and inflammation.  I wonder if the high stearic acid in their diet is responsible for this, at least in part.

Look at this link: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/19939984

Compared to palmitic acid which has been suspected to cause cardiovascular disease, stearic acid is reported to be relatively neutral influencing fat although the impact of high dosage of stearic acid is not well-known. Red meat and some vegetable oils contain significant amount of palmitic acid and stearic acid. The thing people worry about is not only about the high amount of stearic acid, but also palmitic acid that can potentially increase their HDL, LDL profile because content of palmitic acid is problematic as well.

For arthritis, there can be controversial relation.

https://www.nature.c...598-017-14780-4

https://academic.oup.../10/948/1783548

If you are saying about stearic acid amount, not only meat but chocolate and some vegetable oils contain large portion of stearic acid and palmitic acid.

Edited by Graviton, 01 July 2018 - 06:09 PM.

• Informative x 2

#280 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 07:38 PM

Look at this link: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/19939984

Compared to palmitic acid which has been suspected to cause cardiovascular disease, stearic acid is reported to be relatively neutral influencing fat although the impact of high dosage of stearic acid is not well-known. Red meat and some vegetable oils contain significant amount of palmitic acid and stearic acid. The thing people worry about is not only about the high amount of stearic acid, but also palmitic acid that can potentially increase their HDL, LDL profile because content of palmitic acid is problematic as well.

For arthritis, there can be controversial relation.

https://www.nature.c...598-017-14780-4

https://academic.oup.../10/948/1783548

If you are saying about stearic acid amount, not only meat but chocolate and some vegetable oils contain large portion of stearic acid and palmitic acid.

Perhaps the effect is more a result of metabolic ketosis.

#281 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 07:41 PM

Turnbuckle, please, describe the exact technology of cooking your C60 oil.

1. Initial Ingredients
2. Dosages, including brands used by you, indicating the exact brand of the product.
3. The amount and sequence of mixing.
4. Number of revolutions of the magnetic stirrer, stirring time.
5. What color is obtained as a result (including the flashlight).

If possible, describe how you prepared C60 oil before and what you eventually came up with.

Also I ask you to inform:

1. Information about the red light - ??? - I do not understand if it is useful or harmful.
2. How did you protect the oil from oxidation?
3. What features did you notice during the preparation (for example, the case of filter corrosion).
4. Why did you decide to improve the formulation of the oil, and what effect did it have?
5. Other details

If possible, describe in the simplest English language, so that through Google translator you can understand what is meant.

I would really like to try to replicate your technology. Thank you in advance for what you are doing for the community and the call of your work.

Edited by Kentavr, 01 July 2018 - 07:43 PM.

• Enjoying the show x 2
  • Informative x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#282 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:20 AM

Turnbuckle

update using updated protocol 2, weakness/fatigue was due to ALA moving toxic metals in blood (i had 2 amalgamas which i removed by supersfae protocol removal).

removing ALA i had zero weakness and energy keeps getting higher and higher.soon i ll make openwater swim from 5 to 10km, i want to see if i can swim this distance effortlessly like when i was 33yo or if i even have more muscle power, my guess is i have much more now while swimming much less every day

Edited by lost69, 02 July 2018 - 11:21 AM.

#283 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:44 AM

A note: I've found that the stem cell protocol works very well with the "red light" fasting protocol and with long distance running. Mito fusion makes cellular oxidative processes more efficient, thus reducing the gap between triglyceride supply and demand. L-carnitine (I'm using the fumarate) releases even more triglycerides, minimizing the need for red light, and on some days it is not needed at all. The C60 of the stem cell protocol also ups ATP production, making running easier.

• Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1

#284 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:24 AM

Experiment with satellite cell self-renewal, update 1

Time 0 —

Stearic acid — 10g (in hot chocolate or brownie)

Cycloastragenol — 10 mg

Astragalus root extract powder — 5 g

Sulforaphane glucosinolate — 100 mg (supplies ≈ 40 mg sulforaphane)

Threonine – 5-10 g

Potassium nitrate — 500 mg 

C60 — 3 mg (in EVOO)

TUDCA — 500 mg

EGCg — 1 g

Vitamin C – 1 g

Results:

I’m combining this with “red light” fasting along with running, finding definite improvement in stamina, fat loss, and muscle growth, even for upper body. A more youthful appearance very quickly. I’m also using L-carnitine fumarate with running.

Suggested use:

Up to 3 days in a row. And while the NO from potassium nitrate appears to be a potent stimulant of satellite cells, it may also suppress the proliferation of neural stem cells, so I would not use it all the time. Brains or brawn, it seems (unless you alternate the nitrate).

Just to try it out:

The minimum necessary ingredients are stearic acid, potassium nitrate, and C60.

Notes:

Stearic acid — mito fusion to bias stem cells to symmetric division

Sulforaphane — mito fusion, antioxidant, myostatin inhibitor

Potassium nitrate — Nitric oxide source, stimulates satellite stem cells

EGCg — stimulates satellite stem cells

TUDCA — stimulates neural stem cells, numerous other benefits

C60 — antioxidant, stimulates stem cells

C60 does not appear to stimulate all stem cell types sufficiently. For instance satellite cells, which appear to require a nitric oxide signal.

Glutathione — primary cellular antioxidant

Vitamin C – antioxidant and positive modulator of stem cell growth

Threonine – stem cell nutrition

Astragalus root extract powder — telomerase stimulant

Cycloastragenol — telomerase stimulant

Stem cells produce telomerase, but it can fall short, so these are included as insurance. I don’t recommend taking these every day, as they could potentially keep cells from becoming senescent and being recycled, thus increasing your epigenetic age. See Reversing the Clocks— https://www.longecit...ing-the-clocks/

Cycloastragenol also stimulates telomeres of neuronal cells.

References (other references were posted with previous protocols/updates):

Nitric Oxide Sustains Long-Term Skeletal Muscle Regeneration by Regulating Fate of Satellite Cells Via Signaling Pathways Requiring Vangl2 and Cyclic GMP

Satellite cells are myogenic precursors that proliferate, activate, and differentiate on muscle injury to sustain the regenerative capacity of adult skeletal muscle; in this process, they self-renew through the return to quiescence of the cycling progeny. This mechanism, while efficient in physiological conditions does not prevent exhaustion of satellite cells in pathologies such as muscular dystrophy where numerous rounds of damage occur. Here, we describe a key role of nitric oxide, an important signaling molecule in adult skeletal muscle, on satellite cells maintenance... The enhanced self-renewal ability of satellite cells induced by nitric oxide is sufficient to delay the reduction of the satellite cell pool during repetitive acute and chronic damages, favoring muscle regeneration…

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3378700/

Nitric oxide negatively regulates mammalian adult neurogenesis

Neural progenitor cells are widespread throughout the adult central nervous system but only give rise to neurons in specific loci. Negative regulators of neurogenesis have therefore been postulated, but none have yet been identified as subserving a significant role in the adult brain. Here we report that nitric oxide (NO) acts as an important negative regulator of cell proliferation in the adult mammalian brain. We used two independent approaches to examine the function of NO in adult neurogenesis. In a pharmacological approach, we suppressed NO production in the rat brain by intraventricular infusion of an NO synthase inhibitor. In a genetic approach, we generated a null mutant neuronal NO synthase knockout mouse line by targeting the exon encoding active center of the enzyme. In both models, the number of new cells generated in neurogenic areas of the adult brain, the olfactory subependyma and the dentate gyrus, was strongly augmented, which indicates that division of neural stem cells in the adult brain is controlled by NO and suggests a strategy for enhancing neurogenesis in the adult central nervous system.

http://www.pnas.org/...0/16/9566.short

Catechins activate muscle stem cells by Myf5 induction and stimulate muscle regeneration.

Muscle weakness is one of the most common symptoms in aged individuals and increases risk of mortality. Thus, maintenance of muscle mass is important for inhibiting aging. In this study, we investigated the effect of catechins, polyphenol compounds in green tea, on muscle regeneration. We found that (-)-epicatechin gallate (ECG) and (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) activate satellite cells by induction of Myf5 transcription factors. … Finally, EGCG administration to mice significantly increased muscle fiber size for regeneration. Taken together, the results suggest that catechins stimulate muscle stem cell activation and differentiation for muscle regeneration.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/28546002

Vitamin C in Stem Cell Biology: Impact on Extracellular Matrix Homeostasis and Epigenetics

VitC has emerged as a key regulator of stem cell identity/behavior, influencing pluripotency, self-renewal, and differentiation. VitC enhances somatic cell reprogramming, that is, the generation of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs), and pushes embryonic stem cells toward a naive state of pluripotency by modulating the cellular epigenetic profile.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5415867/

Association Between Higher Plasma Lutein, Zeaxanthin, and Vitamin C Concentrations and Longer Telomere Length: Results of the Austrian Stroke Prevention Study

This study provides first evidence that higher lutein, zeaxanthin, and vitamin C concentrations in plasma are associated with longer LTL in normal elderly persons and suggest a protective role of these vitamins in telomere maintenance… No other antioxidants or the pooled subgroups of provitamin A, non-provitamin A, vitamin E, and total antioxidant status of all micronutrients were associated with telomere length. The proportion of LTL variability that was explained by LuZx was 0.6%, and for vitamin C, it was 4%.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4234001/

Metabolic oxidation regulates embryonic stem cell differentiation

Overall, our results suggest that the activation of oxidation is a metabolic signature of stem-cell differentiation. Indeed, several independent lines of evidence demonstrated that stem cells contain lower levels of ROS than their more mature progeny and that ROS accumulation and signaling was required for differentiation. This is consistent with previous observations that the intracellular oxidation state regulates the balance between self-renewal and differentiation. Specifically, signaling molecules that promote pluripotency make stem cells more reduced while those that promote differentiation make cells more oxidized. In addition, it is well known that hypoxia maintains the pluripotent and undifferentiated phenotype of stem/precursor cells both in vitro and in vivo. We speculate that redox regulation, together with hypoxic conditions, makes stem cells particularly attuned to differentiate in vivo in response to oxidative processes such as inflammation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2873061/

Cycloastragenol Is a Potent Telomerase Activator in Neuronal Cells

To assess the effect of CAG [cycloastragenol] in the nervous system, we first examined if it promoted telomerase activity in neuronal cells. … The greatest effect was observed in primary cortical and hippocampal neurons treated with 0.1-0.3 µM CAG. These results collectively suggest that CAG induces telomerase activation in a neuronal cell line and primary neurons.

https://www.karger.c...FullText/365290

Edited by Turnbuckle, 03 July 2018 - 11:25 AM.

• WellResearched x 4
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Informative x 1

#285 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:54 PM

Turnbuckle, what do you think about ashwaghanda and this protocol? I've decided to devote some serious time to this protocol over the next 3 months and I was wondering if I could keep this old favourite in the mix?

It's an adaptogen that's been shown to help with stress and building muscle.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4658772/

#286 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:54 PM

Turnbuckle, what do you think about ashwaghanda and this protocol? I've decided to devote some serious time to this protocol over the next 3 months and I was wondering if I could keep this old favourite in the mix?

#287 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:25 PM

Turnbuckle, 

1. I'm worried about your phrase: "A more youthful appearance very quickly". 

When you stop the protocol, your young appearance quickly begins to disappear?

2. Your phrase: " I don’t recommend taking these every day, as they could potentially keep cells from becoming senescent and being recycled, thus increasing your epigenetic age."

Some nerve cells and heart cells can not be restored. In the phrase "potentially keep cells from becoming senescent and being recycled" there can be a dead-end path.

Edited by Kentavr, 03 July 2018 - 08:31 PM.

#288 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:11 PM

Turnbuckle, 

1. I'm worried about your phrase: "A more youthful appearance very quickly". 

When you stop the protocol, your young appearance quickly begins to disappear?

2. Your phrase: " I don’t recommend taking these every day, as they could potentially keep cells from becoming senescent and being recycled, thus increasing your epigenetic age."

Some nerve cells and heart cells can not be restored. In the phrase "potentially keep cells from becoming senescent and being recycled" there can be a dead-end path.

1. It's an iterative process, and once you've topped off your depleted pool of stem cells, discontinuing the protocol should result in aging once again, but from a more youthful baseline, and keeping in mind that your body may only be more youthful in an average sense. A young person would have cells that are all young epigenetically, whereas an older person with some fraction of old cells replaced with freshly minted stem cells will have a heterogeneous population of cells, with some old and some young. Anyway, that's basically the idea I put forward in Reversing the Clocks.

2. Neurons aren't dividing to begin with--not much, anyway--so that's not a concern. New ones come from stem cells.  As for cardiac cells, they can be replaced by stem cells, and a lot of work has been done in this area. Ideally you'd want to replace aged muscle cells in the heart with new ones derived from your own satellite cells. So that is the purpose of this protocol--to increase the pool of those satellite cells. Running out gives you the spectacle of high-school footballers going to fat, and one remarkable example is that kid bodybuilder "Little Hercules." Look what happened to him as an adult--what I suspect resulted from depleting his pool of satellite cells, not just that he got bored with working out as he says.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#289 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:46 PM

I wouldn't use it here. Getting good results isn't a simple matter-- https://onlinelibrar...06.2009.01236.x

• Needs references x 1

#290 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:19 PM

Turnbuckle,

1. In your method, you used "С60/EVOO" (post #284) Nevertheless, I read that you switched to oil "C60mct", because it is more stable.
     Why do you apply "С60/EVOO" again?

2. You feel a burning sensation in your throat when you take "С60/EVOO" or "C60mct"?

• Off-Topic x 2

#291 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:45 PM

Turnbuckle,

1. In your method, you used "С60/EVOO" (post #284) Nevertheless, I read that you switched to oil "C60mct", because it is more stable.
     Why do you apply "С60/EVOO" again?

2. You feel a burning sensation in your throat when you take "С60/EVOO" or "C60mct"?

I've used both. The value of C60 as an antioxidant and as a carrier for adducts will vary, but for this purpose I'm looking just to block UCP pores. C60 dissolved in EVOO or MCT oil seem to accomplish that. MCT oil is rather aggressive and some of the polyphenols in EVOO will burn, but if you pour your teaspoon of oil on top of a half a glass of water and drink it down in one motion, you should have no burning. Or very little.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 03 July 2018 - 10:45 PM.

• Needs references x 1

#292 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:21 PM

Turnbuckle, tell me what's right:

1. With mixing ("С60/EVOO" or "C60mct"), is there a color saturation point (the time of mixing in days), during which time the color ceases to become more saturated. It will not change even if you continue mixing further.

2. There is no mixing point after which the color becomes stable. The mixing process is stopped after a while. Reason: the color change has gone enough. If the process is started further (for example, it is not 2 weeks, but 1.5 months) to mix, the mixture would be more intensively colored.

Edited by Kentavr, 04 July 2018 - 07:22 PM.

• Off-Topic x 2

#293 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:12 PM

I don't want this thread to get off topic on C-60 prep as we've done enough on that in the past, but I will post this from the last time I had it on my profile page, five years ago. Basically I prepared C60/MCT with enough C60 to fall below maximum saturation, and then stirred it long enough to get most of it dissolved. Max solubility is probably around .9 g/L and I shot for .66 g/L.

I ground 1 g of C60  (SES 600-9980-1G) with mortar and pestle, then magnetically stirred the ground powder into 1.5 L MCT oil in a bottle covered with black plastic for one week. To this I added hydroxytyrosol (HT) and stirred for another day. HT is a phenol naturally found in olive oil that may have conferred the 15% greater longevity seen in the Baati paper for the olive oil controls. It can be obtained from Olea25 caps. Each cap has 25 mg HT, and I added 40 caps.

With olive oil I would have filtered it, but MCT oil is aggressive and dissolves the filter material. It is also not very viscous, so any undissolved particles of C60 and the inert portion of the Olea25 will fall out if you let it sit for a day or two after stirring. In MCT oil the purple color intensifies to max solubility and then stops. If you dissolve it in olive oil, you will get a reddish or whiskey color instead of purple.

Once prepared, I filled anodized aluminum bottles and kept them in the freezer. Optionally you could freeze them in glass bottles and keep them boxed or covered in black plastic. Amber bottles are not enough to protect them from light.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 04 July 2018 - 08:17 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#294 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:58 PM

Turnbuckle,

I read your message that C60 purity is 99.99% more difficult to dissolve in oil, and that the purity of 99.95% is even better. OK. (crystal cell)

More questions

1. Do you currently use red light to activate the oil (presumably the formation of epoxy groups)?
If so, tell the exposure time and the light source currently in use. And for what type of oil did you leave the activation with red light?

2. Also from your message, I realized that the fullerenes are only partially dispersed in the oil.
There is an opportunity to significantly speed up their divergence without involving additional air.

In this connection, there are probably 2 ways (it is necessary to understand what will happen):

1. Increasing the intensity of the color (most likely not this way)

2. Reducing the amount of fullerenes added to the oil, due to more efficient mixing.

And it's not a homogenizer, it's another type of agitator.
With the correct organization of mixing, there will be no intensive involvement of oxygen in the mixture. Also, there will be no warm-up.
Is it interesting for you?

My profession is a developer.
Therefore, we are colleagues.

Edited by Kentavr, 04 July 2018 - 09:01 PM.

• Off-Topic x 4
  • Good Point x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#295 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 July 2018 - 12:14 PM

Another advantage of nitrates--

Inorganic nitrate alleviates the senescence-related decline in liver function
Senescence-related decline in liver function is a common complication in the elderly that can lead to impaired health in older
individuals. Dietary nitrate supplements have physiological and therapeutic effects on organ function by nitrate (NO3−)-nitrite
(NO2−)-nitric oxide (NO) pathway. However, the role of dietary nitrate on the senescence-related decline in liver function is
unclear. The findings of the present study showed that nitrate levels in the serum and liver decreased, whereas the levels of
alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and aspartate aminotransferase (AST) in serum increased in ageing mice. Consistently, cell
senescence, decreased glycogen levels and increased lipid deposition were found in the liver of aged mice, both glucokinase
(GCK) and phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PCK) were down-regulated (n=10). Daily nitrate intake (0.5 mmol L−1) restored 
nitrate levels, decreased ALT and AST levels, and prevented cell senescence and structural and glucose and lipid
metabolism degeneration in liver tissue both in D-galactose (D-gal)-induced ageing mice (n=10) and in natural aged mice
(n=10). In conclusion, the present study demonstrated that the reduction of nitrate levels was correlated with liver degeneration in
ageing individuals and that dietary supplement of nitrate could restore the nitrate levels in serum and the liver and prevent
ageing-related liver degeneration.

They used sodium nitrate instead of potassium (and sodium chloride for the controls), but the results should be the same.

Another update with the same ingredients, just changing the order a bit--

Experiment with satellite cell self-renewal, update 2

Time 0 —

Cycloastragenol — 10 mg

Astragalus root extract powder — 5 g

Sulforaphane glucosinolate — 100 mg (supplies ≈ 40 mg sulforaphane)

Threonine – 5-10 g

TUDCA — 500 mg

EGCg — 1 g

C60 — 3 mg (in EVOO or MCT oil)

Vitamin C – 1 g

Edited by Turnbuckle, 05 July 2018 - 12:15 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#296 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 July 2018 - 02:15 PM

Trying as much of this above as I can today. I don't have TUDCA or Threonine though, and the potassium nitrate is probably unnecessary for me. Wouldn't you want to take the EGCG early on? It's got the best bioavailability on an empty stomach.

Edited by Nate-2004, 05 July 2018 - 02:17 PM.

#297 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 05 July 2018 - 03:15 PM

Sulforaphane glucosinolate — 100 mg (supplies ≈ 40 mg

Seems optimistic, what make are you using?

How much?! Is this home made?

Edited by QuestforLife, 05 July 2018 - 03:16 PM.

#298 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 July 2018 - 03:32 PM

Trying as much of this above as I can today. I don't have TUDCA or Threonine though, and the potassium nitrate is probably unnecessary for me. Wouldn't you want to take the EGCG early on? It's got the best bioavailability on an empty stomach.

I'm open to suggestions on timing. I doubt that what I've posted is optimum.

Sulforaphane glucosinolate--Seems optimistic, what make are you using?

Liposomal glutathione--How much?! Is this home made?

Core brand liposomal glutathione. Two caps will give you 500 mg Setria glutathione.

&

Thorne brand Crucera-SGS broccoli seed extract . Two caps will give you 100 mg sulforaphane glucosinolate, of which just about 41% is sulforaphane.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 05 July 2018 - 03:37 PM.

• Ill informed x 1

#299 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2018 - 01:12 PM

Experiment with satellite cell self-renewal, update 3

Time 0 —

Cycloastragenol — 10 mg

and/or Astragalus root extract powder — 5 g

TUDCA — 500 mg

Liposomal glutathione — 500 mg

Threonine – 5-10 g

C60 — 3 mg (in EVOO or MCT oil)

Time 3:30 —

Remarks:

I mostly just switched things around, putting the satellite cell stimulation last as nitrate can suppress the proliferation of neural stem cells, thus by taking it an hour later, proliferation has already begun. One then doesn’t have to choose between brain and brawn.

I deleted the ECGC as it accelerates the differentiation of satellite cells to muscle cells, and my goal is to build up the satellite cell pool, not use them up willy-nilly. I also deleted sulforaphane and C as possibly superfluous.

• Informative x 3
  • like x 2
  • Ill informed x 1

#300 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:29 AM

I've been using tudca daily for a couple of years. It definitely improved my liver enzymes, but I cant say anything about stem cell activity.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, stem cells, mitochondria, fusion, stearic acid, aging, hydroxytyrosol, olive oil, mct oil, proliferation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)