• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Stem cell self-renewal with C60

c60 stem cells mitochondria fusion stearic acid aging hydroxytyrosol olive oil mct oil proliferation

• Please log in to reply
2503 replies to this topic

#511 Rays

• 72 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 10:54 PM

Another way to prepare and consume stearic acid:

My uncle came up with this and made a short video. Youtube link here.
He uses jelly powder that's mixed into boiling coffee with stearic acid. He then cools the mixture in a cool water bath and pours it into a second, pre-cooled pan to get it to solidify quickly. The stearic acid stays diffused in the jelly.
What do you guys think? Is this a good way to consume the stearic acid? Or will the stearic acid react with the jelly powder and become something else?

• like x 3
  • Informative x 1

#512 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:01 AM

W303518-Aldrich

sigma does not sell to companies as well, they ask so many certifications i could not buy from them,

but i found a reseller i could buy from, they price is obviously much higher if we buy only 1kg (65€).

if anybody is interested to share cost i got a quotation for 8kg at 180€ and shipment 22€ (vat 22% not included), i already found guys buying 4kg, i would keep 2 kg for me so 2 kg are still available.it would be best to take it from europe so no customs charges and also shipment from me coould be cheaper

by the way i take HRV every day because it is a biomarker for the use of gdf11, i noticed a big decline from 50-55 to around 40-45, also rssd is lower, could it be damage from palmitic acid?

Edited by lost69, 04 September 2018 - 10:02 AM.

• Informative x 3

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#513 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:01 AM

W303518-Aldrich

sigma does not sell to companies as well, they ask so many certifications i could not buy from them,

but i found a reseller i could buy from, they price is obviously much higher if we buy only 1kg (65€).

if anybody is interested to share cost i got a quotation for 8kg at 180€ and shipment 22€ (vat 22% not included), i already found guys buying 4kg, i would keep 2 kg for me so 2 kg are still available.it would be best to take it from europe so no customs charges and also shipment from me coould be cheaper

by the way i take HRV every day because it is a biomarker for the use of gdf11, i noticed a big decline from 50-55 to around 40-45, also rssd is lower, could it be damage from palmitic acid?

I'll take 2kg please. I'm in the UK.

Since they're a reseller, any way of verifying it's real, 98% purity?

#514 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:06 AM

I'll take 2kg please. I'm in the UK.

Since they're a reseller, any way of verifying it's real, 98% purity?

i wrote a PM with my email

yes we can verify but the W303518 is the foodgrade >95% from vegetable source used in the study,the >98% purity is another one

the 98% is not the one used for the study, it is super expensive on sigma and i dont know if that is even good for our purpose.

Edited by lost69, 04 September 2018 - 11:42 AM.

• Informative x 1

#515 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 04 September 2018 - 12:56 PM

i wrote a PM with my email

yes we can verify but the W303518 is the foodgrade >95% from vegetable source used in the study,the >98% purity is another one

the 98% is not the one used for the study, it is super expensive on sigma and i dont know if that is even good for our purpose.

Sure, using the stearic acid from the study is the way to go.

Will PM you.

#516 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:15 PM

Hi Lost,

could you provide a link to the re-seller?

Thanks.

#517 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 08:41 PM

https://www.zetalab.it/

they sell to companies only

Hi Lost,

could you provide a link to the re-seller?

Thanks.

#518 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:16 AM

zetalab confirmed my order and quotation but they told me it may require from 10 to 20 days before they can make an order from sigma since they need to reach 500€ total to order from sigma an item not on their stock (they have the reagent grade on stock)

at this point if others are interested we might try to reach an amount of orders close to 500€, get a better quotation and shorten delivery time

the only bad thing is shipment charges from italy, using EMS postal service charges are about 36 to 43€ 1kg most countires and about 40 to 57€  from 1to3kg.of course from europe would be better to avoid customs paper work and make things easier.if interested please PM

using chrome translator you can check about this service

https://www.poste.it/EMS_listino.pdf

i am now at 246€ for 8kg (vat and shipment to me included)

Andey 2kg

questforlife 2kg

aconita 2kg

lost69 me 2kg

Edited by lost69, 05 September 2018 - 12:01 PM.

• like x 1

#519 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:25 PM

He uses jelly powder that's mixed into boiling coffee with stearic acid. He then cools the mixture in a cool water bath and pours it into a second, pre-cooled pan to get it to solidify quickly. The stearic acid stays diffused in the jelly.
What do you guys think? Is this a good way to consume the stearic acid? Or will the stearic acid react with the jelly powder and become something else?

Coffee jelly? That sounds interesting, and lower cal than a brownie. How's it taste?

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#520 Rays

• 72 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:35 AM

Coffee jelly? That sounds interesting, and lower cal than a brownie. How's it taste?

My uncle likes it. I prefer to make the jelly with orange juice and water.

Is this method of consuming the stearic acid as good as the brownie way?

#521 Tyvek

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2018 - 07:58 PM

I really like the idea. I just did it with instant vanilla pudding. It works wonderfully and was quick to prepare (basically: boil milk, put vanilla pudding powder, stearic acid and sugar, mix and let it cool down)

It's actually good. I tried it in microwaved milk before and it tasted terrible.

Stearic acid seems to be mixed everywhere equally.

And by the way, what is the taste of your stearic acid ?

I don't know what to expect. I got mine from a french online store (aroma-zone) which sells it for making candles/soap and as emulsifying and thickening agent for cosmetics.

It's written that it comes from palm oil and there is only "stearic acid" in the composition, but the taste feels kinda weird, so I don't know if that's how stearic acid is supposed to taste or if there is anything added to it. They give a recipe for making butter with it so I guess it's edible anyway (or maybe it's some kind of cosmetic butter, I don't know)

Could anyone describe the taste ? thank you

Edited by Tyvek, 11 September 2018 - 08:18 PM.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#522 RWhigham

• 509 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2018 - 09:57 PM

Commercial Stearic Acid

A eutectic mixture containing 47% stearic acid and 52% palmitic acid is commercially known as "Stearic Acid". This nomenclature dates back over 100 years to when it was not commercially feasible to separate the two acids. Today they can be separated using a solvent process, yielding a product with the designation "Stearic Acid XX" where XX indicates the approximate stearic acid content. ("Stearic Acid 50" is the same as "Stearic Acid").

Food Grade Stearic Acid

Stearic Acid can be food grade only if it is obtained from a vegetable source and provided there is no remnant of a toxic solvent.

Palmitic Acid Undesirable

We suspect the 52% palmitic acid in commercial "Stearic Acid" may interfere with the intended mitochondrial fusion, so we have been searching for a "food grade Stearic Acid 95" or higher that we can buy.

Sigma-Aldrich W303518

Sigma-Aldrich W303518 is the same food grade Stearic Acid 95 that was used in this human study that showed increased mitochondrial fusion, but it is not sold to the public. Only someone with legitimate research credentials can buy it.

Group Buy

There is currently a group buy being organized to get Sigma-Aldrich W303518 second hand from a chemical supply co in Italy that has a substantial markup and high shipping costs to other countries. The group buy organizer has the credentials required here.

Midland Scientific Co in the US

Midland Scientific Co in the US also offers Sigma-Aldrich W303518  second hand at a markup.  However, they have it listed as a regulated hazardous product that they can only sell to qualified recipients--though the SDS (safety data sheet) from Sigma-Aldrich classifies it as non-hazardous. The recipient qualifications here may be less rigorous than at Sigma-Aldrich.

From the Sigma-Aldrich  W303518 SDS section 2. HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION.  

"2.1 Classification of the substance or mixture Not a hazardous substance or mixture."
   "2.2 GHS Label elements, including precautionary statements Not a hazardous substance or mixture."
   "2.3 Hazards not otherwise classified (HNOC) or not covered by GHS - none."

Edited by RWhigham, 11 September 2018 - 10:19 PM.

• Informative x 3

#523 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:11 PM

zetalab confirmed my order and quotation but they told me it may require from 10 to 20 days before they can make an order from sigma since they need to reach 500€ total to order from sigma an item not on their stock (they have the reagent grade on stock)

at this point if others are interested we might try to reach an amount of orders close to 500€, get a better quotation and shorten delivery time

the only bad thing is shipment charges from italy, using EMS postal service charges are about 36 to 43€ 1kg most countires and about 40 to 57€  from 1to3kg.of course from europe would be better to avoid customs paper work and make things easier.if interested please PM

using chrome translator you can check about this service

https://www.poste.it/EMS_listino.pdf

i am now at 246€ for 8kg (vat and shipment to me included)

Andey 2kg

questforlife 2kg

aconita 2kg

lost69 me 2kg

Andey 2kg

questforlife 2kg

aconita 2kg

lost69 me 2kg

other members to reach 16kg total and close to a 500€ amount

coolewater 1kg

Acetylnordopatoninol 2kg

some members still thinking about it

i will email for new quotation tomorrow but i m not sure if we can get anything better by 3 more kilos since sigma is cheaper on 8kg orders and very expensive on 1kg orders

• Good Point x 1

#524 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:57 PM

I wonder if there might be a place for fucoidan in this protocol?  

Therapies from Fucoidan; Multifunctional Marine Polymers 

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3210604/

6.5. Stem Cells and Fucoidan

Fucoidan is a known stem cell mobilizer when delivered intravenously. It has also shown activity then delivered orally [28]. When delivered intravenously, Fucus vesiculosis fucoidan is highly effective in mobilizing stem cells into the peripheral circulation in baboons and mice. The mechanism of mobilization appears not to relate solely to the inhibition of selectin binding but also to fucoidan’s ability to bind to SDF1 (CXCL12) [84,85]. Stem cell mobilization is used as a method of collecting sufficient immune repopulating cells from the peripheral circulation that are stored and re-engrafted after chemotherapy and radiotherapy in selected cancer patients.

SDF1 binds to the G protein coupled CXCR4 receptor, which has SDF1 as its unique ligand. CXCR4 is expressed by some hemopoietic stem cells, most leukocyte populations, endothelial cells, epithelial cells and some carcinoma cells. This SDF1/CXCR4 affiliation is thought to be involved not only in the regulation of stem cell release and homing, but also in some disease processes, including fibrogenesis [85].

The binding of fucoidan to SDF1 was found to block liver regeneration in an animal model....

Oral delivery of Undaria pinnatifida fucoidan in a clinical observational study also resulted in an increase in the number of stem cells, of serum levels of SDF1 and the expression of CXCR4 on stem cells (CD34+) [28]. This observation correlates with the in vitro and animal studies showing that fucoidan mobilizes stem cells, although the degree of mobilization was not as large at the time point measured. The increase in CXCR4 expression could in some way reflect the binding of SDF1 by fucoidan....

Fucoidan-induced osteogenic differentiation promotes angiogenesis by inducing vascular endothelial growth factor secretion and accelerates bone repair.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/28714275

Long-Term Priming by Three Small Molecules Is a Promising Strategy for Enhancing Late Endothelial Progenitor Cell Bioactivities.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/29890822

Fucoidan protects mesenchymal stem cells against oxidative stress and enhances vascular regeneration in a murine hindlimb ischemia model.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/26163916

• WellResearched x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1

#525 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:36 PM

Turnbuckle

update:

stopped using duda stearic acid, i don t feel safe using it and now i m using 5 caps Broccoli spout Extract from LLS

12,500mg (from 15:1 extract)

833mg Supplying Sulforaphane 4.2mg
Phytofare® Catechin Complex (Green Tea Extract) 167mg

the group buy for sigma FG stearic acid is at 13kg (3kg left to reach target 16kg) so we should be able to buy it soon

liver Ultrasound

i do this every 6 month or so since 2010, few cysts have been detected in 2011, biggest one size 14-15mm stable and always detected same size every 6 months

october 2017 biggest cyst 15mm

stemcell renewal protocol started may 2018

august 2018 biggest cyst 23mm

the rest of the liver is perfectly healthy, even improved because it had fine irregular margins from time to time and this time it was perfect.

i ll recheck cyst by few months and probably by MRI just to be very safe

Edited by lost69, 17 September 2018 - 02:40 PM.

• Informative x 2

#526 Blueflash

• 61 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:16 PM

Found another stearic acid at ingredients to die for .com. Looks like polypropylene pellets, sort of like Styrofoam.  It's supposed to be USP? I do know it takes more heat to melt than my amazon stuff, and also seems to hold the heat for quite a while in the instant oatmeal I mix it in. Careful not to burn your mouth using this method!

#527 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:05 PM

Found another stearic acid at ingredients to die for .com. Looks like polypropylene pellets, sort of like Styrofoam.  It's supposed to be USP? I do know it takes more heat to melt than my amazon stuff, and also seems to hold the heat for quite a while in the instant oatmeal I mix it in. Careful not to burn your mouth using this method!

Sounds like the lowest USP grade--Stearic acid 50--which has a spec of 40-60% stearic acid.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 17 September 2018 - 07:06 PM.

• Needs references x 1

#528 Rays

• 72 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:27 PM

I just did it with instant vanilla pudding. 

Could anyone describe the taste ? 

Vanilla! I think I'll like that as well.

My stearic acid does not taste like anything. I just tried a few flakes. When you bite on a flake, it breaks and crumbles. My stearic acid is >=98% pure.

#529 Ducky-001

• Registrant
  • 32 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:49 PM

Another data point in the Stearic acid saga 

I bought this one to see if it was better than the one i had: https://www.ebay.com...ts/122809754109

It contains about 73% stearic acid, so it's much better although not perfect.

Attached Files

Edited by Ducky-001, 18 September 2018 - 01:50 PM.

• like x 2
  • Informative x 1

#530 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:09 PM

I bought this one to see if it was better than the one i had: https://www.ebay.com...ts/122809754109

is it chinese........

• Good Point x 1

#531 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:01 PM

Andey 2kg

questforlife 2kg

aconita 2kg

lost69 me 2kg

other members to reach 16kg total and close to a 500€ amount

coolewater 1kg

Acetylnordopatoninol 2kg

some members still thinking about it

i will email for new quotation tomorrow but i m not sure if we can get anything better by 3 more kilos since sigma is cheaper on 8kg orders and very expensive on 1kg orders

Come on, does no one else want to buy high quality stearic acid?

#532 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 04:12 PM

sigma stearic acid W303518 group buy reached more than 16kg, i emailed today for quotation and delivery time

Andey 2kg

questforlife 2kg

aconita 2kg

lost69 me 2kg

coolewater 1kg

Acetylnordopatoninol 2kg

PatrickK 2kg

Ducky-001 2kg

ambivalent 3kg

#533 eigenber

• 64 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:21 AM

Have you tried eating this yet? It IS from China, which makes it suspect, but not necessarily contaminated. 

#534 Ducky-001

• Registrant
  • 32 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:30 AM

Have you tried eating this yet? It IS from China, which makes it suspect, but not necessarily contaminated. 

The analysis i did with Mass Spec. did not show anything suspicious so I tried it today. The "fusion feeling" is definitely stronger at  first day than before (10g ingested). With the other product with less than 50% stearic acid the "fusion feeling" was low first day, higher second and third day.

• Informative x 5

#535 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:27 AM

The analysis i did with Mass Spec. did not show anything suspicious so I tried it today. The "fusion feeling" is definitely stronger at  first day than before (10g ingested). With the other product with less than 50% stearic acid the "fusion feeling" was low first day, higher second and third day.

How would you define the 'fusion feeling'?

#536 Ducky-001

• Registrant
  • 32 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:50 AM

How would you define the 'fusion feeling'?

That's not an easy one - i call it fusion feeling since i get it when taking stearic acid. It's a craving-like, slightly nervous feeling with heightened energy. I quit nicotine in the beginning of august, so it might be related to that, although the craving is not for something in particular, but maybe slightly similar to nicotine craving. I don't know if that makes any sense..

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#537 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:07 PM

sigma stearic acid W303518 group buy reached more than 16kg, i emailed today for quotation and delivery time

Andey 2kg

questforlife 2kg

aconita 2kg

lost69 me 2kg

coolewater 1kg

Acetylnordopatoninol 2kg

PatrickK 2kg

Ducky-001 2kg

ambivalent 3kg

i just receive quotation for 25kg order: 18€ per kg plus 22€ shipment to me plus 22% vat, delivery is fast

16kg is not listed anymore on sigma website so no discount vs 8kg

group buy reached 22kg

Andey 2kg

questforlife 2kg

aconita 2kg

lost69 me 2kg

coolewater 1kg

Acetylnordopatoninol 2kg

PatrickK 2kg

Ducky-001 2kg

ambivalent 3kg

biggyrat 2kg

rarefried 2kg

amount needed for 1 year protocol 3 times a week: 1.56kg using 10g dose and 3.74kg using 24g dose used in the study to promote fusion

#538 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:42 PM

You should have started a seperate thread for this group buy. This is off topic.

• Agree x 5
  • Disagree x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#539 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2018 - 07:50 PM

My latest protocol, my latest results, and a note of caution:

First the caution.

The hypothesis here is that

1. Pools of endogenous stem cells can be refilled with this protocol, and
  2. Being to some degree unprogrammed (age zero), these stem cells can be used to replace old somatic cells and thereby lower epigenetic age.

The problem with part 2 is that adult stem cells do have some epigenetic programing, and thus the age of those programed genes cannot be brought down this way. In fact, by overdoing this protocol, one might actually age them to a degree much greater than somatic cells. The results from epigenetic testing are still too noisy to tell if this is happening or not. (See the results for 3 epigenetic tests at end of this post.)

Thus I suggest this protocol should be considered only for people 60+ years, and even then should be used judiciously. By that I mean using it only once a week or two, and not after effects have plateaued. (Of course I was too impatient to do stretch it out like that, but I’ve stopped now that the effects seem to have plateaued.) I advise getting an epigenetic test before and halfway through.

Attached is a chart showing the changes in the epigenetic/chronological age ratio between the test 1 (baseline), test 2 (after 34 endogenous SC treatments over 3 months), and test 3 (after another 21 treatments over 2 months), grouped by gene. The first gene (on the left) has the best correlation with chrono age according to Osiris Green, and shows a decline which is consistent with what I expected if old somatic cells were replaced with new ones having de novo methylation. The next two, however, are showing some wild behavior, which could be no more than testing noise and the possibility that the buccal stem cell source is already methylated for those genes. More testing will be needed.

Baseline chronological age is 67.4 years. I am waiting on test results from another company (mydnage.com) taken at the same time as the third test. They look at hundreds of genes but don’t report on them. They just give you an estimated age, which isn’t that informative if you have a bimodal age distribution.

Given that things have plateaued subjectively, I’ve stopped the treatments for now and will get more epigenetic age tests over the next months. Below is my last protocol, with a couple of speculative items in red that I don’t have enough experience with to say if they really add (though they seem to)—

Stem cell self-renewal, with C60

Time 0 —

Stearic acid — 10 g (in hot chocolate or brownie)

Cycloastragenol – 10 mg

Astragalus extract — 5 g

TUDCA — 500 mg

Liposomal glutathione — 1 g

SAM-e — 200 mg

Astaxanthin — 8 mg

Time 3:00 —

Threonine — 10 g

Methionine — 1 g

Liposomal glutathione — 1 g

Butyrate — 600 mg (from sodium butyrate)

C60 — 3 mg (in EVOO or MCT oil)

Time 5:00+ —

More threonine if necessary

Rationale for additions:

1. Given that this is not a protocol for the long term, I’ve restored the cycloastragenol and astragalus extract.

2. Methionine and SAM-e are methyl donors and new stem cells will need methyl groups. Hypomethylation is the major source of epigenetic aging.

3. Astaxanthin Improves Stem Cell Potency via an Increase in the Proliferation of Neural Progenitor Cells

The present study was designed to investigate the question of whether or not astaxanthin improves These results clearly showed that astaxanthin induces proliferation of NPCs via activation of the PI3K and MEK signaling pathways and improves stem cell potency via stemness acting signals.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3100832/

4. There are several papers on the use of sodium butyrate to jazz up the process of turning somatic cells into stem cells, and it also is useful with neuronal stem cells and in promoting the self-renewal of pluripotent SCs—

the administration of sodium butyrate significantly ameliorated the SIRT2-induced reduction in cell proliferation and neuroblast differentiation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/24963697

and

In the present study, we found that NaB [sodium butyrate] effectively promotes MSC [mesenchymal stem cells] differentiation into SMCs [smooth muscle cells]. NaB markedly inhibited the expression and enrichment of HDAC2 at SMC specific genes in MSCs, which further induced high levels of H3K9 and H4 acetylation and the subsequent expression of the SMC specific genes α-SMA, calponin and SM-MHC. These results provide a strategy and mechanism for promoting MSC differentiation that could potentially be applied in clinical tissue engineering and cell transplantation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4280132/

and

We show that a narrow concentration of the naturally occurring short chain fatty acid, sodium butyrate, supports the extensive self-renewal of mouse and human ES cells, while promoting their convergence toward an intermediate stem cell state.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2719860/

Attached Files

Edited by Turnbuckle, 20 September 2018 - 07:53 PM.

• Informative x 6
  • Needs references x 1

#540 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 11:04 PM

i tried the senescence protocol apigenin 100mg, ip 6 3g at varoius times during day, pterostilbene 100mg and added also quercetin 2g, fisetin 0.5g which had some effect on me

i felt brain fog, dizzyness and loss of energy for about 30min then recovered (had no food except breakfast til 5-6pm when i started protocol).i had little less energy than usual for the rest of the day, i had no swimming, just spent day at home

next day:

herpes blister on lip, but only red and almost no pain unless i touch it (it is usually painful when this big)

morning readiness was lower to recovery 6 (always have 9 or 10), rssd increased some points, reaction time lowered

so it did something

second day sunday at home and took quercetin 2g, fisetin 0.5g only, then i plan to stop this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, stem cells, mitochondria, fusion, stearic acid, aging, hydroxytyrosol, olive oil, mct oil, proliferation

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)