• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Stem cell self-renewal with C60

c60 stem cells mitochondria fusion stearic acid aging hydroxytyrosol olive oil mct oil proliferation

• Please log in to reply
2503 replies to this topic

#481 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 23 August 2018 - 01:05 PM

That's what this protocol avoids doing. By using your own adult stem cells that are already widely distributed in all the right places, you can duplicate them any number of times without the problems of injection that put too many in one place and not enough in others. The drawback is that adult stem cells are not pluripotent, thus must have some partial methylation (or histone modification) that prevents pluripotency. If these methylated genes also age epigenetically, daughter cells will have a mixed age, with some genes young and some old. But that's exactly what happens normally when stem cells differentiate to replace aged-out somatic cells, except here we are artificially accelerating the process.

I suspect, however, that there are pluropent cells still lurking in the body, and these have not been discovered due to their very small numbers. If supplying their specific nutritional needs--the amino acid threonine--promotes them at a greater rate than adult stem cells, then daughter cells from those pluripotent SCs will be fully age reversed and the average age of all genes will be brought down (though some a lot more than others).

Yes in vivo treatment is certainly preferable; let's hope we can sort out a reliable source of stearic acid and see if a decent number of people can get results from this. I still have an epigenetic blood test in reserve. Once I have re-started this protocol and done 20-30 iterations I'll test again. 

• like x 1

#482 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:19 PM

That's what this protocol avoids doing. By using your own adult stem cells that are already widely distributed in all the right places, you can duplicate them any number of times without the problems of injection that put too many in one place and not enough in others. The drawback is that adult stem cells are not pluripotent, thus must have some partial methylation (or histone modification) that prevents pluripotency. If these methylated genes also age epigenetically, daughter cells will have a mixed age, with some genes young and some old. But that's exactly what happens normally when stem cells differentiate to replace aged-out somatic cells, except here we are artificially accelerating the process.

I suspect, however, that there are pluropent cells still lurking in the body, and these have not been discovered due to their very small numbers. If supplying their specific nutritional needs--the amino acid threonine--promotes them at a greater rate than adult stem cells, then daughter cells from those pluripotent SCs will be fully age reversed and the average age of all genes will be brought down (though some a lot more than others).

Turnbuckle or anybody really, question, where exactly are stem cells stored in the body? Like are there reserves in every tissue or where are they exactly in that particular tissue? 

If you could induce pluripotent stem cells taken from your body (and apparently you can) out of a certain area, and then put them back, where would you put them exactly? How would you get them to the place where they once were or where they need to go for all basic functions and life extension in general?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#483 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:40 PM

Turnbuckle

i can get sigma aldrich stearic acid >95%, are we sure this is better than duda or we just have to try and see?

i mix stearic acid with raw organic cocoa powder, non-ogm soia lectin and boiling organic aot milk, is this ok or we may add something to the mix to get sigma stearic acid a little dirty like duda?

thanks

Edited by lost69, 24 August 2018 - 12:41 PM.

#484 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:49 PM

Turnbuckle

i can get sigma aldrich stearic acid >95%, are we sure this is better than duda or we just have to try and see?

i mix stearic acid with raw organic cocoa powder, non-ogm soia lectin and boiling organic aot milk, is this ok or we may add something to the mix to get sigma stearic acid a little dirty like duda?

thanks

If this is free fatty acid, I'd expect it to be better; if tristearate, I'd expect it to be worse. Presumably it is the FFA form as SA lists glyceryl tristearate separately.

• Needs references x 1
  • Agree x 1

#485 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 05:26 PM

If this is free fatty acid, I'd expect it to be better; if tristearate, I'd expect it to be worse. Presumably it is the FFA form as SA lists glyceryl tristearate separately.

it is W303518 FCC, Foodgrade, purity >95%,

Synonym: 1-Heptadecanecarboxylic acid, C18:0, Cetylacetic acid, NSC 25956, NSC 261168, Octadecanoic acid, Stearophanic acid

the other choice at resonable price was reagent grade 175366

Synonym: 1-Heptadecanecarboxylic acid, C18:0, Cetylacetic acid, NSC 25956, NSC 261168, Octadecanoic acid, STA, Stearophanic acid

#486 BelieveWeDoBetterTogether

• 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2018 - 01:04 AM

https://www.sigmaald...ePage=117791122

R-Z Certified Food Grade Products

W303518 mfcd00002752-small.png Stearic acid ≥95%, FCC, FG FCC, Food Grade, Halal, Kosher 57-11-4 3035

W303518 shows up on the Sigma-Aldrich website as a certified food grade product.

With the good results in this article "Dietary stearic acid regulates mitochondria in vivo in humans" ... https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-05614-6, used successfully in banana milkshakes, it is looking like W303508 the best option that is out there for Stearic Acid that we have been looking for. I have a worrybead that it is a chemical company producing it and the possibility that hazardous chemicals will somehow make it in, but they produce a lot of food grade products so my worrybead appears to be unfounded. Appreciate any reasons why I shouldn't buy the W303518.

Didn't see the 175366 on the certified food grade list so NOT sure if that is a good option.

#487 Graviton

• 150 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 02:21 AM

https://www.sigmaald...ePage=117791122

R-Z Certified Food Grade Products

W303518 mfcd00002752-small.png Stearic acid ≥95%, FCC, FG FCC, Food Grade, Halal, Kosher 57-11-4 3035

W303518 shows up on the Sigma-Aldrich website as a certified food grade product.

With the good results in this article "Dietary stearic acid regulates mitochondria in vivo in humans" ... https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-05614-6, used successfully in banana milkshakes, it is looking like W303508 the best option that is out there for Stearic Acid that we have been looking for. I have a worrybead that it is a chemical company producing it and the possibility that hazardous chemicals will somehow make it in, but they produce a lot of food grade products so my worrybead appears to be unfounded. Appreciate any reasons why I shouldn't buy the W303518.

Didn't see the 175366 on the certified food grade list so NOT sure if that is a good option.

How many grams are in sample size of Sigma-aldrich stearic acid?

Have you bought this item before? Have you seen any safety warning signs such as "not (intended) for ingestion" or "research purpose only"?

#488 BelieveWeDoBetterTogether

• 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2018 - 02:50 AM

How many grams are in sample size of Sigma-aldrich stearic acid?

Have you bought this item before? Have you seen any safety warning signs such as "not (intended) for ingestion" or "research purpose only"?

Said it was $70 for 1kg. Not sure how much is in the sample size, but assuming it is 4/7kg based on the $40 price. No, I haven't bought it because they only sell it to labs. See below for Food Grade Statement which sounds legit. Looks like we are going to need to find a chemist on longecity who will see us some brownies with 10g each. If we could get our hands on it, each brownie would have 70 cents of Stearic Acid so perhaps $2 per brownie would be a fair price.

Food Grade Statement

W303518 Stearic acid-≥95%, FCC, FG

To the best of our knowledge, this product is manufactured under current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) for food facilities and conforms to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) principles. The product is intended for use in manufacturing food and/or designated Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) by:

FEMA # 3035
Flavis # 8.015
EU Regulation 1334/2008 & 872/2012
FCC
FDA 21 CFR (172.210)
FDA 21 CFR (172.615)
FDA 21 CFR (172.860)
FDA 21 CFR (173.340)
FDA 21 CFR (175.105)

To the best of our knowledge, this product was not adulterated or misbranded as defined by the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, state, or municipal ordinances in which the definition of adulteration and misbranding is substantially the same as defined by the Act. This product is allowed under the provision of Section 404 or 505 of the Act, to be introduced into interstate commerce. 

Sigma-Aldrich warrants that its products conform to the information contained in this and other Sigma-Aldrich publications. Purchaser must determine the suitability of the product for their particular use. 

Best Regards,

Sigma-Aldrich Flavors & Fragrances

Sigma-Aldrich warrants that, as of the above date, this product conformed to the information contained in this publication. For further inquiries, please contact Technical Service. Purchaser must determine the suitability of the product for its particular use. See sigma-aldrich.com, the reverse side of invoice or packing slip for additional terms and conditions of sale.

sigma-aldrich-certs-footer.jpg

• Informative x 3

#489 BelieveWeDoBetterTogether

• 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:16 PM

C: Senescent cell clearance (see this post)
• apigenin — 100 mg (Have SWANSON brand derived from grapefruit at 50 mg per capsule)
• IP6 (inositol hexaphosphate) — 2 g (Have pure encapsulations brand at 500 mg per capsule)
• resveratrol (synthetic) — 200 mg (Have Stay Well ReseveraGel resVida at 100 mg per capsule)

Wanted to share my experience with Turnbuckles Senescent cell clearance protocol after 5 times. I normally start out trying a small dose of anything new to see what happens as I am somewhat risk adverse by nature. However, I started with 100 mg apigenin, 1g IP6 (i.e. 1/2 dose), and 200 mg reseratrol my first time at night because after reading Turnbuckle's post where he reported fatigue, I figured well that may help me sleep better that night. However, I had an energy burst like I never felt. It was euphoric. Had to do some meditation and was finally able to calm down and fall asleep. It ended up scaring me off of it for a couple weeks, but decided to try it again with 50 mg apigenin (1/2 dose), 500 mg IP6 (1/4 dose), and 100 mg resveratrol (1/2 dose), but in the early evening. This time I had an energy burst, but at a level that I was comfortable with so settled into this dosage for me since then. Decided to try 1/2 tablespoon of C60 a couple hours after I took it today as I thought maybe it would help with the destruction of senescent cells. Wondering if anyone has ever had that idea to try C60 with Turnbuckle's clearance protocol. Just thought since C60 appears to help everything bad going on in the human body maybe if would help the zombie cell clearance process too.

On Turnbuckle's C60 Stem Cell Self Renewal with C60 after 16 times

1. Skin: Have some old blemishes on my skin that are clearing up which is amazing. Started rubbing C60 onto the blemishes which seems to speed up the clearing process.

2. Nails: My nails are growing faster as have to cut my finger and toe nails once per week now. The bed of my nails also looks more pink and better.

3. Mind: Feels clearer and calmer. Able to focus and be calmer under stressful events.

4. Body: Feel stronger. Have more endurance during any activity.

Thank you to Turnbuckle and to others who are sharing their progress/thoughts as it is motivational. Believe there is definitely something helpful with these two protocols. I also do treatments daily with my Magnawave PEMF machine which I believe is helping. Been doing PEMF daily for almost a year and that is truly a great technology especially if you play sports like me as it helps me recover almost immediately afterward and feel 'loose as a goose'. Thought I'd share my thoughts on Magnawave PEMF as believe it is complimentary to Turnbuckle's excellent C60 Stem Cell Self Renewal and Senescent cell clearance protocols.

Edited by BelieveWeDoBetterTogether, 25 August 2018 - 07:25 PM.

• Informative x 4

#490 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:52 PM

However, I started with 100 mg apigenin, 1g IP6 (i.e. 1/2 dose), and 200 mg reseratrol my first time at night because after reading Turnbuckle's post where he reported fatigue, I figured well that may help me sleep better that night. However, I had an energy burst like I never felt. It was euphoric. 

That's amazing! And a sign it's not working as intended. Perhaps you are young and have no senescent cells? As for me I had to give up resveratrol once again, even though it was synthetic. It was causing me joint pain as it has done every time I've tried it.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Informative x 1

#491 BelieveWeDoBetterTogether

• 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:34 PM

That's amazing! And a sign it's not working as intended. Perhaps you are young and have no senescent cells? As for me I had to give up resveratrol once again, even though it was synthetic. It was causing me joint pain as it has done every time I've tried it.

Yes, your zombie cell clearance protocol has been amazing. Agreed, it appears to be doing the opposite of what you intended. I am unsure it is working that way, but I like the way it makes me feel with more energy. I am 55 year old male and still feel like a kid, but doubtful I don't have any senescent cells. Haven't noticed anything specific with the resveratrol, but my joints feel great. Sometime I get some knee soreness when I run or play golf so use the Magnawave to make it feel better immediately afterward. Believe the key to have good functioning joints is breathing well and stretching well. It is very painful to stretch for a long period of time so most men are not patient enough to do it well as it takes a lot of mental discipline to not tap out prematurely. Learned a great life lesson from a professional dancer as she told me you have to go to your absolute limit and breathe into the pain until it disappears and then push toward so you get the pain again and repeat for as long as you can. Have to pay attention when you walk to have great form and expand your body from your toes to the top of your ears. Every step you take is an opportunity to breathe well and stretch well. Takes discipline and knowledge of what to do. Best of luck with the joint pain and get proactive to resolve it as I am sure you will figure it out as maybe the resveratrol is actually leading you to the solution so wouldn't run away from it with fear as it should be good for you.

#492 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 25 August 2018 - 09:52 PM

As for me I had to give up resveratrol once again, even though it was synthetic. It was causing me joint pain as it has done every time I've tried it.

NAMPT activation causing inflammation in the joints? Just for information allicin (stabilised garlic extract) raises NAMPT, but methylene blue raises NAD without raising NAMPT. So you could do some experiments to see if this is what is causing the issue. (Can supply references on this, if you're interested).

More to the point, Resveratrol can rejuvenate old cells (see https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5645932/), not just cause apoptosis (requires higher doses) - so in my opinion not the best supplement to destroy senescent cells.
  • Good Point x 1

#493 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2018 - 10:15 PM

NAMPT activation causing inflammation in the joints? Just for information allicin (stabilised garlic extract) raises NAMPT, but methylene blue raises NAD without raising NAMPT. So you could do some experiments to see if this is what is causing the issue. (Can supply references on this, if you're interested).

More to the point, Resveratrol can rejuvenate old cells (see https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5645932/), not just cause apoptosis (requires higher doses) - so in my opinion not the best supplement to destroy senescent cells.

Their work was directed to resveratrol analogues.

I previously gave my reasons for combining resveratrol with IP6 and apigenin in post 175.

#494 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 26 August 2018 - 07:28 AM

Their work was directed to resveratrol analogues.

I previously gave my reasons for combining resveratrol with IP6 and apigenin in post 175.

Yes, there certainly is good evidence resveratrol can destroy cancer cells whilst helping normal cells at the same time (see resveratrol threads for more information). It's something to do with the presence of the sirtuins.

Also the resveratrol analogues study also included resveratrol itself.

So I can certainly see how a dose of resveratrol could cause an energy boost if it's action rejvenated some cells. Of course the energy boost might be due to one of the other supplements. More experimentation will be required to know for sure.

Edited by QuestforLife, 26 August 2018 - 07:29 AM.

• Informative x 1

#495 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:16 AM

After giving up on resveratrol due to its side effects on joints, I tried replacing it with fisetin-- 

We found that fisetin and the BCL-XL inhibitors, A1331852 and A1155463, are senolytic in vitro, inducing apoptosis in senescent, but not non-senescent HUVECs. This adds three new agents to the emerging repertoire of senolytics reported since early 2015, which currently includes D, Q, N, and piperlongumine.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5645932/

and

Induction of p53 contributes to apoptosis of HCT-116 human colon cancer cells induced by the dietary compound fisetin.

We have previously demonstrated that fisetin inhibits cell cycle progression at concentrations of 20–60 μmol/l in HT-29 colon cancer cells harboring a mutant p53 gene (24). In this study, we attempted to ascertain whether fisetin induces apoptosis in colon cancer cells, as well as the mechanisms of its action, using HCT-116 human colon cancer cells harboring the wild-type p53 gene. We have demonstrated that fisetin induces apoptosis at concentrations of 5–20 μmol/l, via the activation of both death-receptor- and mitochondrion-dependent pathways. In addition, we have determined that the induction of p53 contributes to fisetin-induced Bax translocation to the mitochondria and apoptosis.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/19264955

While fisten/apigenin/IP6 (with and without N+R) hasn't seemed as strong as the combination with resveratrol, even the resveratrol combination wasn't as strong the second (or third) time around, as I expect it takes a while for senescent cells to build up. Fisten dose was 100-200 mg.

• Informative x 2
  • Needs references x 1

#496 BelieveWeDoBetterTogether

• 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 August 2018 - 04:17 PM

How To Breathe The Right Way For More Energy And Performance with Patrick McKeown and Ari Whitten

Turnbuckle,

Thought of you when I watched this video. I wonder what your Body Oxygen Level Test (BOLT) score is (Breath Hold: How To Measure Breathlessness - Oxygen Advantage ) Breathing through your nose and doing these breathe out and hold exercises should help with your fatigue and hopefully your joint pain too. Seems like it would be complimentary to your two protocols too as should help the body function optimally. My BOLT score was 25 seconds and could take 40 steps during a breathe hold and resume normal nose breathing so got do these exercises myself to improve my body.

• Off-Topic x 6
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • WellResearched x 1

#497 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2018 - 02:42 AM

Yes, there certainly is good evidence resveratrol can destroy cancer cells whilst helping normal cells at the same time (see resveratrol threads for more information). It's something to do with the presence of the sirtuins.

Also the resveratrol analogues study also included resveratrol itself.

So I can certainly see how a dose of resveratrol could cause an energy boost if it's action rejvenated some cells. Of course the energy boost might be due to one of the other supplements. More experimentation will be required to know for sure.

I have some pterostilbene on hand. Would that work (the same or better) instead of resveratrol for senescent cell clearance?

#498 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:04 AM

I have some pterostilbene on hand. Would that work (the same or better) instead of resveratrol for senescent cell clearance?

Probably, but the effect on joints--for those who are sensitive--may well be worse. A comment on this site from a few years ago--

As I said before resv is a weak placebo effect compared to pterostilbene; ptero absolutely kills my joints when I take it.
A bottle of pterostilbene should come with a wheelchair as an essential co-factor.

• Informative x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#499 Galthaar

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2018 - 02:10 PM

Turnbuckle,

About the use of stearic acid in long term consumption I found this study:

https://academic.oup...72/1/30/2629976

"The second aim was to analyze the human plasma fatty acid composition of the whole lipidome in order to discover specific fatty acids or a fatty acid pattern as additional biomarkers of extreme human longevity. Globally, we observed that extreme longevity is significantly associated with a higher average chain length and saturated fatty acid content, and a lower content of unsaturated fatty acids, particularly polyunsaturated fatty acids (Supplementary Figure 2A and B). Specifically, after applying a linear regression model using as a dependent variable, each individual fatty acid and derived indexes, and age and gender as explanatory covariates, we found that three of them (C18:0, C20:0 and C22:1n-9) are significantly higher in adults and centenarians versus aged subjects, and other three (C16:0, C20:2n-6 and C20:3n-6) in the other way around (Figure 3)."

I don´t know by how much our diet influences this, but stearic acid (C18:0) and arachidic acid (c20:0) can be connected with longevity, what do you think about this?

Edited by Galthaar, 27 August 2018 - 02:14 PM.

• Informative x 3

#500 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2018 - 02:51 PM

Turnbuckle,

About the use of stearic acid in long term consumption I found this study:

https://academic.oup...72/1/30/2629976

"The second aim was to analyze the human plasma fatty acid composition of the whole lipidome in order to discover specific fatty acids or a fatty acid pattern as additional biomarkers of extreme human longevity. Globally, we observed that extreme longevity is significantly associated with a higher average chain length and saturated fatty acid content, and a lower content of unsaturated fatty acids, particularly polyunsaturated fatty acids (Supplementary Figure 2A and B). Specifically, after applying a linear regression model using as a dependent variable, each individual fatty acid and derived indexes, and age and gender as explanatory covariates, we found that three of them (C18:0, C20:0 and C22:1n-9) are significantly higher in adults and centenarians versus aged subjects, and other three (C16:0, C20:2n-6 and C20:3n-6) in the other way around (Figure 3)."

I don´t know by how much our diet influences this, but stearic acid (C18:0) and arachidic acid (c20:0) can be connected with longevity, what do you think about this?

It's good to know that stearic acid isn't a bad thing long term. The reasons are vague, however. Maybe there's some effect from saturated oils being oxidation resistant, as they suggest, or maybe having more stearic acid biases stem cells a bit more to self-renewal, if you buy the hypothesis of this thread. In any case, their use of multivariate statistics and 3-D plots remind me of my old company. Once corporate management ordered the plants to use this stuff, total confusion ensued.

#501 Galthaar

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2018 - 05:38 PM

Another study:

https://digitalcommo...533&context=etd

"Second,  the  association  between  erythrocyte  membrane  fatty  acids  (EMFAs) and  elevated  serum  C-reactive  protein  (CRP)  levels  was  examined.  Those  that  had high    EMFAs    composition    of    palmitoleic    acid    and    nervonic    acids,    both monounsaturated   fatty   acids   (MUFAs),   and   dihomo-y-linolenic   acid   (DGLA),ivdocosapentaenoic  acid  (DPA-6),  docosahexaenoic  acid  (DHA),  all  polyunsaturatedfatty acids (PUFAs),  had an  increased risk of  having CRP elevation. In contrast, risk of CRP elevation was reduced in those that have highest levels of saturated fatty acids(SFAs)  of  margaric  acid,  stearic  acid,  and  arachidic  acid.    These  associations  were generally observed to be stronger among women compared to men."

Edited by Galthaar, 27 August 2018 - 05:40 PM.

#502 RWhigham

• 509 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2018 - 02:51 PM

Stearic acid acquisition update:

• W303518-Aldrich looks like the best product, but Sigma-Aldrich will not sell to individuals
  • Mango Butter looks good except for the low bioavailability of the stearic acid in triglycerides in mango butter
  • Lipase Enzyme breaks up triglycerides into free fatty acids and monoglycerides with high bioavailability

I ordered mango butter and lipase enzymes for further experimentation.

Form Wikipedia Lipase:  "lipase (HPL), which is the main enzyme that breaks down dietary fats in the human digestive system, converts triglyceride substrates found in ingested oils to monoglycerides and two fatty acids."

Failed Stearic Acid Separation attempt using EverClear as the solvent

I dissolved 2 tbsp of the eutectic in 1/2 cup of EverClear at about 50 C. Then, I put it on a stirrer and let it cool to 20-25 C. A great deal of white precipitate occurred. I filtered it with a coffee filter, let it air dry for a couple of days, and then tested the melting temperature. Unfortunately, it melted at 140-145 F indicating that it was still the eutectic. So, alcohol as the solvent does not appear to separate the eutectic.

Edited by RWhigham, 30 August 2018 - 03:32 PM.

• Informative x 2
  • like x 1

#503 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:14 PM

Stearic acid acquisition update:

• W303518-Aldrich looks like the best product, but Sigma-Aldrich will not sell to individuals
  • Mango Butter looks good except for the low bioavailability of the stearic acid triglycerides in mango butter
  • Lipase Enzyme breaks up triglycerides into free fatty acids and monoglycerides with high bioavailability

I ordered mango butter and the enzymes for further experimentation

Failed Stearic Acid Separation attempt using EverClear as the solvent

I dissolved 2 tbsp of the eutectic in 1/2 cup of EverClear at about 50 C. Then, I put it on a stirrer and let it cool to 20-25 C. A great deal of white precipitate occurred. I filtered it with a coffee filter, let it air dry for a couple of days, and then tested the melting temperature. Unfortunately, it melted at 140-145 F indicating that it was still the eutectic. So, alcohol as the solvent does not appear to separate the eutectic.

The fatty acids are mixed up in triglycerides and thus are not separable with solvents. You might use chromatography, but even there the best you could do would be to separate them into triglyceride fractions, which themselves would not be pure.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 30 August 2018 - 03:15 PM.

• Needs references x 1

#504 RWhigham

• 509 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:41 PM

The fatty acids are mixed up in triglycerides and thus are not separable with solvents. You might use chromatography, but even there the best you could do would be to separate them into triglyceride fractions, which themselves would not be pure.

I did NOT try to separate natural triglycerides. I did try to separate stearic acid from the eutectic in "Commercial Stearic Acid" as discussed in this post 1101 in your other excellent thread "Manipulating Mitochondrial Dynamics". From that post: Patent 2443063 "dissolve it in a solvent comprising a saturated or unsaturated non-aromatic ketone having from 4 to 9 carbon atoms, lowering the temperature of the solution of the said impure stearic acid and the said ketone solvent to a temperature at which crystallization of pure stearic acid takes place, and separating the crystallized stearic acid from the mother liquor" ... "The solution may be effected at a temperature of above 42° C but below the boiling temperature of the solvent".  [42 C is only 106.7 F] 

With the right solvent it should be very easy. I tried alcohol because of the low toxicity of any residue and because I had some 190 proof Everclear on hand. Acquiring the proper solvent and making sure there is no toxic residue is another problem that I don't intend to pursue.

Edited by RWhigham, 30 August 2018 - 04:03 PM.

• like x 1

#505 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:54 PM

I did NOT try to separate natural triglycerides. I did try to separate stearic acid from the eutectic in "Commercial Stearic Acid" as discussed in this post 1101 in your other excellent thread "Manipulating Mitochondrial Dynamics". From that post: Patent 2443063 "dissolve it in a solvent comprising a saturated or unsaturated non-aromatic ketone having from 4 to 9 carbon atoms, lowering the temperature of the solution of the said impure stearic acid and the said ketone solvent to a temperature at which crystallization of pure stearic acid takes place, and separating the crystallized stearic acid from the mother liquor" ... "The solution may be effected at a temperature of above 42° C but below the boiling temperature of the solvent".  [42 C is only 106.7 F] 

With the right solvent it should be very easy. I tried alcohol because of the low toxicity of any residue and because I had some 190 proof Everclear on hand. Acquiring the proper solvent and making sure there is no toxic residue is another problem that I don't intend to pursue.

I believe they were using mixtures of free fatty acids, not triglycerides, and the commercial "stearic acid" you are using is likely in the form of triglycerides. How do you know it isn't? I didn't see anything in that post to indicate what it is.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 30 August 2018 - 05:13 PM.

#506 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:22 PM

Turnbuckle,

Not so long ago you published the results of measuring your biomarkers.
I can not find your message about this. If possible, duplicate your results or give a link to your message with the results.

One of the four markers you have made a strong increase for the worse. Did you understand what was the matter and for what reason could this happen?

#507 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:53 PM

Turnbuckle,

Not so long ago you published the results of measuring your biomarkers.
I can not find your message about this. If possible, duplicate your results or give a link to your message with the results.

One of the four markers you have made a strong increase for the worse. Did you understand what was the matter and for what reason could this happen?

You can find it on the Reversing the Clocks thread, which is only one page. Osiris Green looks at 3 genes. One went down non-significantly. One went up significantly, and the third (which is supposed to be the most accurate), went off a cliff. Overall they had my epigenetic age nicely in the error margin in the first test, but after 34 stem cell treatments over 3 months, my epigenetic age fell 11.2 years. I have another test in the works with OG. In my experience they take a month or two to get you the results, so I won't have them for another 2 to 6 weeks. I've also submitted samples to myDNAge, which claims to look at over 500 genes, but they take even longer. Assuming I get the data on all of them, I will be better able to speculate on what is going on. Right now is a little too soon.

• Informative x 3
  • like x 1

#508 RWhigham

• 509 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:42 PM

I believe they were using mixtures of free fatty acids, not triglycerides, and the commercial "stearic acid" you are using is likely in the form of triglycerides. How do you know it isn't? I didn't see anything in that post to indicate what it is.

What makes you think anything sold as "commercial stearic acid" might be in the form of triglycerides?  The commercial stearic acid I used was "1 lb Stearic Acid White Flakes Food Grade NF/USP - Natural preservative thickener, emulsifier and stabilizer for food soap lotion cream by SAAQIN"   To be Food-grade it has to be derived from vegetable sources. To be USP it has to pass "commercial stearic acid" USP testing.

While natural sources of stearic acid are triglycerides (which is the storage form of fats used by both plants and animals), in producing commercial stearic acid the glycerol is removed and isold as glycerin, leaving FFA's behind. 

References:

• Hydrolysis of Triglycerides into Fatty Acids (Saponification)
  • Wikipedia Stearic acid is obtained from fats and oils by the saponification of the triglycerides using hot water (about 100 °C). The resulting mixture is then distilled.
  • Fatty Acids, Building Blocks for Industry Batch saponification of the fat, followed by acidulation of the soap, was the original method for separating the acid from the glyceride. Although the principle of high-pressure hydrolysis to split the fatty acid-glyceride molecule was explored as early as 1854, there were then no corrosion-resistant construction materials to make such a process practical. Development of the Twitchell Process (see page 6) and the modern continuous high-pressure splitting methods, not only opened the way to large-scale production, but widened the range of practical source materials.
  • Twitchell Process " Commercial process for splitting fats to glycerol and fatty acids"

Edited by RWhigham, 30 August 2018 - 09:38 PM.

• Good Point x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#509 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:34 PM

What makes you think anything sold as "commercial stearic acid" might be in the form of triglycerides?  The commercial stearic acid I used was "1 lb Stearic Acid White Flakes Food Grade NF/USP - Natural preservative thickener, emulsifier and stabilizer for food soap lotion cream by SAAQIN"   To be Food-grade it has to be derived from vegetable sources. To be USP it has to pass "commercial stearic acid" USP testing.

While natural sources of stearic acid are triglycerides (which is the storage form of fats used by both plants and animals), in producing commercial stearic acid the glycerol is removed and isold as glycerin, leaving FFA's behind. 

One thing we know about stearic acid, is that you almost never know what you are getting. Here is the USP standard, and there is no requirement that it be free acids. There seems to be no real definition of "commercial stearic acid" either, except that it is roughly half stearic and half palmitic, and thus would correspond to the lowest USP grade--Stearic acid 50 (Stearic acid: 40.0%–60.0%).

Commercial stearic acid is a mixture of approximately equal amounts of stearic and palmitic acids and small amounts of oleic acid. It is employed in the manufacture of candles, cosmetics, shaving soaps, lubricants, and pharmaceuticals.

https://thechemco.co...l/stearic-acid/

Edited by Turnbuckle, 30 August 2018 - 09:45 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#510 RWhigham

• 509 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:05 PM

One thing we know about stearic acid, is that you almost never know what you are getting.

Especially with China in the supply chain. I try to buy from GMP sources only since they are required to test their raw materials (if they are honest and big enough to do it).

My SAAQIN "stearic acid" definitely does not meet this criteria--so who knows. However, the 50/50 stuff (Stearic acid 50) is mass produced in such huge quantities and so cheaply that its unlikely commercially viable to fake it.

Stearic Acid Market Analysis "The global stearic acid market size was 5,516.2 kilo tons in 2013" (5.5 billion tons) and expected to grow substantially by 2022.

Edited by RWhigham, 30 August 2018 - 10:08 PM.

• Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, stem cells, mitochondria, fusion, stearic acid, aging, hydroxytyrosol, olive oil, mct oil, proliferation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users