• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Stem cell self-renewal with C60

c60 stem cells mitochondria fusion stearic acid aging hydroxytyrosol olive oil mct oil proliferation

• Please log in to reply
2503 replies to this topic

#1621 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2021 - 01:20 PM

My I ask why you are no longer doing the senolytic portion of this protocol?

Because I'm no longer benefiting from it.

There's not just one type of senescence. For instance, there is intrinsic senescence that derives from telomere erosion (a built-in hedge against cancer and epigenetic damage), and there is extrinsic senescence that derives from damage due to external factors, such as radiation. And there are some cells, perhaps of both types, that go senescent and are resistant to the normal clearance program of apoptosis. Once you remove those zombies and you have restored healthy levels of SCs for replacement, you may not need senolytics for some time.

• like x 3
  • Needs references x 1

#1622 eighthman

• 155 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 02:40 PM

What is the epigenetic age reduction gained from this latest regime?

Tell us a quarter century and make our heads explode.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1623 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2021 - 03:01 PM

What is the epigenetic age reduction gained from this latest regime?

Tell us a quarter century and make our heads explode.

I haven't gotten one yet. I maxed out a while back with -22 years, but then tried a few things that didn't work out and went back to what I had before, adding in dihydromyricetin to insure that SCs in the brain were benefiting. After a couple of weeks, I can definitely tell the difference.

• like x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#1624 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 03:19 PM

Sorry, difficult to go through the entire thread here.

I'm 32 and want to start a regimen.

Turnbuckle and others-what exactly are you doing now, and, for me, what is a conservative place to start?

C60 + Stearic acid?

• Good Point x 2

#1625 Advocatus Diaboli

• 562 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 October 2021 - 05:12 PM

Re post #1623

Turnbuckle, your dose of dihydromyricetin ranges from "2-8 grams". Other components of your protocol also have dose ranges. Any particular recommendations for starting doses?

Edited by Advocatus Diaboli, 02 October 2021 - 05:50 PM.

#1626 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 October 2021 - 06:22 PM

Re post #1623

Turnbuckle, your dose of dihydromyricetin ranges from "2-8 grams". Other components of your protocol also have dose ranges. Any particular recommendations for starting doses?

The best dosages are not established, and to do so would take an enormous testing program. Even then the best dose would vary between individuals. That said, none of the ingredients seem to be exceptionally dose sensitive, with the possible exception of AKG or sources thereof, where someone on the mito thread had a negative reaction to it and suggests that those with depression, anxiety, or bipolar conditions be careful with it. See here. The poster believed that a raised glutamate level was the problem, and if so, theanine and/or taurine might be helpful. For those with a sensitivity to AKG, the situation would not be as bad with this protocol as it isn't intended for daily use. Once every week or two would be preferred, and even once a month. 

Edited by Turnbuckle, 02 October 2021 - 06:36 PM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#1627 CTraylor

• 18 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 08:35 PM

Turnbuckle and others-what exactly are you doing now, and, for me, what is a conservative place to start?

C60 + Stearic acid?

• Good Point x 1

#1628 CTraylor

• 18 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 08:51 PM

C60 + Stearic acid?

Hi, I've read all of this thread and the mitochondrial protocol (also on Turnbuckle's profile).

The recommendation is to do the mitochondrial protocol first. I'm probably half way through cleaning up my mitochondria and can certainly report measurable improvement in bicycling performance.

On this thread, Turnbuckle frequently mentions that younger adults may not benefit from the stem cell boost due to homeostasis.

All that aside, I'd recommend starting with Turnbuckle's latest protocol. GMS is easier to get in a drink (if you bake stearic acid into brownies, then it will work).

Let us know your observations!

#1629 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 11:05 PM

Hi, I've read all of this thread and the mitochondrial protocol (also on Turnbuckle's profile).

The recommendation is to do the mitochondrial protocol first. I'm probably half way through cleaning up my mitochondria and can certainly report measurable improvement in bicycling performance.

On this thread, Turnbuckle frequently mentions that younger adults may not benefit from the stem cell boost due to homeostasis.

All that aside, I'd recommend starting with Turnbuckle's latest protocol. GMS is easier to get in a drink (if you bake stearic acid into brownies, then it will work).

Let us know your observations!

What’s the latest protocol ?
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Good Point x 2

#1630 CTraylor

• 18 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 11:22 PM

What’s the latest protocol ?

Turnbuckle keeps a link to the latest protocol on his profile page.

https://www.longecit...769-turnbuckle/

• Informative x 1

#1631 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 12:27 AM

Turnbuckle keeps a link to the latest protocol on his profile page.

https://www.longecit...769-turnbuckle/

Yeah I’m confused which one exactly
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Good Point x 2

#1632 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:33 PM

Losing Your Hair? You Might Blame the Great Stem Cell Escape

New finding that changes in existing gene expression allow stem cells trapped in hair follicles to escape, leading to hair loss.

• Informative x 1

#1633 FWP

• 21 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 07:12 PM

Anyone who can share some results? The topic went cold. Or are there other topics that get all the attention?

#1634 yz69

• 54 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 November 2021 - 05:21 AM

I follow TB's protocol, about once a week, did Trume test once a month, blood test once every 2 months. Trume results has a huge range, bouncing from 52 to 38, mostly fall round 46 (I am 52 by the way). My blood result using Levine's phenoage calculator was pretty consistanct around 45. I can see my RDW and MCV results got better after TB protocol, however I don't look younger but move and feel younger.

• Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#1635 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 November 2021 - 12:21 PM

I follow TB's protocol, about once a week, did Trume test once a month, blood test once every 2 months. Trume results has a huge range, bouncing from 52 to 38, mostly fall round 46 (I am 52 by the way). My blood result using Levine's phenoage calculator was pretty consistanct around 45. I can see my RDW and MCV results got better after TB protocol, however I don't look younger but move and feel younger.

Interesting. The Levine calculator can be found at

https://biohackstack...phenotypic-age/

and support at

“An epigenetic biomarker of aging for lifespan and healthspan” (2018) https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5940111/

This blood marker-based estimator for DNAm ("epigenetic") age and Gompertz mortality age seems to correlate with my Trume results. Comparing my 2020 results, (Levine - Trume) = -2.7 years. For 2021, (Levine - Trume) = +0.9 years.

#1636 Paravani

• 38 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 07:34 PM

Has there been any discussion of the (non)results of this study?

Turnbuckle's experiment would seem to be ample refutation, but only if the labs that have been doing his epigenetic analyses are reputable and reliable.

C60 in olive oil causes light-dependent toxicity and does not extend lifespan in mice

GeroScience. 2021 Apr; 43(2): 579–591.
Published online 2020 Oct 29. doi: 10.1007/s11357-020-00292-z
PMCID: PMC8110650
PMID: 33123847

URL: https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC8110650/
  • Informative x 1

#1637 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2021 - 08:55 PM

Has there been any discussion of the (non)results of this study?

Turnbuckle's experiment would seem to be ample refutation, but only if the labs that have been doing his epigenetic analyses are reputable and reliable.

C60 in olive oil causes light-dependent toxicity and does not extend lifespan in mice

GeroScience. 2021 Apr; 43(2): 579–591.
Published online 2020 Oct 29. doi: 10.1007/s11357-020-00292-z
PMCID: PMC8110650
PMID: 33123847

URL: https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC8110650/

It's the difference between mito fusion and no mito fusion. The original toxicology study used overnight fasting, which in rodents (which have 6 times the metabolic rate of humans) likely resulted in mito fusion. As the researchers were convinced that the longevity result was due to C60's antioxidant properties, they didn't mention that they were still fasting their rats in their longevity study, and thus it appears this new study didn't include it. But no anti-oxidant has ever shown such effects. The real effect is due to the proliferation of stem cells by UCP2 blocking + mito fusion.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 03 November 2021 - 08:59 PM.

• Good Point x 5
  • Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1

#1638 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2021 - 11:07 PM

Edited by Turnbuckle, 03 November 2021 - 11:08 PM.

• Well Written x 1

#1639 Female Scientist

• 58 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 07:17 PM

Turnbuckle - what happened to the Threonine in the SC protocol? I see you’ve dropped it. And the Leucine, if memory serves. Why?

#1640 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 16 November 2021 - 09:07 AM

For a long time there have been no comments on this thread that would bring great value to the community. We kindly ask everyone who uses C60 to comment here:

• what lasting effects in the field of prolonging life and improving health have you observed
  • if there is synergy between the supplements you are taking, please indicate here
  • if you have any ideas for improvement, please write about it here.

Together we can do more than individually.

Edited by Kentavr, 16 November 2021 - 09:07 AM.

• like x 1

#1641 NanoDoom

• 55 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 02:48 AM

Hello,

Firstly, I just want to applaud Turnbuckle for his amazing research and willingness to experiment on himself (same goes for everybody here that has done the same).

Not just in this thread, but so many others through the years. Bravo!

I hope I'm not going too off-topic with my question:

Is there a way one can consume c60 'safely' at all, without risking stem cell depletion (or what it exactly is that happens with c60 use, which has been described by Turnbuckle in this thread) ?

Would it be OK to just take c60 with stearic acid, say, two days per week - long term?

I'm not aiming to do the protocol that this thread is about (not yet anyway. I don't have the funds for all the supplements required)

Like some of you, I also did take quite a bit of c60+EVOO about 8-9 years ago. I felt great. 

The c60 gave me better energy; I slept better; and it nearly eliminated my chronic fatigue symptoms.

I had to stop c60 once I couldn't ignore my lower back pain anymore (this pain went away days after stopping c60)

I've been wanting to get back on the c60 train. But reading - yet only vaguely understanding this thread (I only have 7 years of school, total & English is not my first language) - has me scared taking c60 now. 

The positive effects of c60 from back when I took it is really something I could do with, now that I'm 10 years older and weaker.

• like x 1

#1642 Guest_---_*

• Lurker

Posted 27 November 2021 - 03:11 PM

Hypothesis to replace C60

• SC proliferation is triggered by mitochondrial wake up
  • Inactive SCs get by on fermentation
  • D-Galactose cannot be fermented and triggers mitochondrial oxphos (please, somebody cite something)
  • Galactose as fermentation blocker might be more effective than C60 as mito waker, both even more?

Assuming it is possible to interchange bodily glucose supply with galactose for a sufficient time window, this would be worth trying.

Suggestion: maybe take niacin (flush depletes glucose, fission overridden by GMS), then do a HIT workout and then dump galactose.

Also, galactose being an essential energy source of breastfed infants, the idea of galactose being related to SC division makes intuitive sense.

This was just floating around in my head, please point out any errors, suggest improvements etc. Happy to learn and experiment!

#1643 JamesPaul

• 87 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2021 - 03:57 PM

Maybe someone else can make sense of the apparently contradictory evidence for galactose:

"Mitochondrial Impairment Mechanism in D-galactose-induced Senescence in Experimental Fibroblast Cell Model,"

https://www.atlantis...bst-16/25849416

downloadable full paper here:

PDF Mitochondrial Impairment Mechanism in D-galactose-induced ...

References 3 and 4 in the above paper are cited to support the notion that D-galactose induces "age-related cognitive dysfunction and neurodegeneration."

"Aging induced by D-galactose aggravates cardiac dysfunction via exacerbating mitochondrial dysfunction in obese insulin-resistant rats,"

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC7031455/

and on the other hand

"Galactose Enhances Oxidative Metabolism and Reveals Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Human Primary Muscle Cells,"

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3240634/

• Informative x 1

#1644 nadaepeu

• 23 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2021 - 10:44 PM

An interesting article about the senolytic effects of procyanidin

https://www.nature.c...255-021-00491-8

Edited by nadaepeu, 08 December 2021 - 10:47 PM.

• Informative x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1

#1645 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2021 - 11:54 PM

Procyanidin (PCC1) is present in about a 3% concentration in grape seed extract (GSE). 

“Polyphenolic Composition and Antioxidant Activities of Grape Seed Extract” (2008) https://www.tandfonl...42910701584260 

“The flavonoid procyanidin C1 has senotherapeutic activity and increases lifespan in mice” (2021) https://www.nature.c...255-021-00491-8

administered PCC1 to mice once/2 weeks by oral gavage (20 mg per kg) for three consecutive days for 4 months in 20- to 24-month-old.

The human equivalent dose is

20 mg/kg mice PCC1)(3/37)/(0.03 content of PCC1 in GSE) = 54 mg/kg GSE in humans

For a 70 kg individual, ( 54 mg/kg)(70kg) = 3784 mg GSE

2000 mg GSE 2x/day for 3 days may be effective in humans.

Edited by Fafner55, 08 December 2021 - 11:55 PM.

• Informative x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#1646 eighthman

• 155 posts

Posted 09 December 2021 - 02:13 PM

https://www.fightagi...vides-no-value/

While there are negative observations in this article, it still supports the nature of what we are trying to do here.

• Off-Topic x 1

#1647 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 07:38 AM

Anyone have any news on this thread?

#1648 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 December 2021 - 03:55 PM

Body and brain mito fusion brownies

For use with the Stem Cell protocol

Betty Crocker Fudge brownie mix* (519 g)

2 eggs

4-5 tbsp water

30 g (4 tbsp) Sunflower lecithin powder  

30 g (7 tbsp) Dihydromyricetin powder

120 g stearic acid

*Or any mix that requires ½ cup oil, but don’t use the oil. Diet versions don’t work well.

Mix with power mixer and bake as directed on the box. Cut into 16 pieces, dust with flour to avoid sticking, and freeze. Dosage: 1 piece three hours before SC treatment. The dihydromyricetin degrades the taste a bit, but freezing improves it. The lecithin is to make the dihydromyricetin more bioavailable and to supply phospholipids for new brain cell myelination.

I’ve noted before that fusion brownies can raise BP, but adding lecithin appears to eliminate that.

Dihydromyricetin is a natural antioxidant with good prospects in food industry. But its poor lipophilic property limits its application in lipophilic food. In this study, the dihydromyricetin–lecithin complex was prepared to improve the hydrophobicity of dihydromyricetin. ... The result showed that dihydromyricetin and lecithin in the complex were combined by non-covalent bond, did not form a new compound and the solubility of dihydromyricetin in n-octanol was significantly enhanced. It was found that the dihydromyricetin–lecithin complex was an effective scavenger of DPPH radicals ...

https://link.springe...0217-009-1175-0

• Informative x 5
  • WellResearched x 1

#1649 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 December 2021 - 04:18 PM

Hypothesis to replace C60

• SC proliferation is triggered by mitochondrial wake up
  • Inactive SCs get by on fermentation
  • D-Galactose cannot be fermented and triggers mitochondrial oxphos (please, somebody cite something)
  • Galactose as fermentation blocker might be more effective than C60 as mito waker, both even more?

Assuming it is possible to interchange bodily glucose supply with galactose for a sufficient time window, this would be worth trying.

Suggestion: maybe take niacin (flush depletes glucose, fission overridden by GMS), then do a HIT workout and then dump galactose.

Also, galactose being an essential energy source of breastfed infants, the idea of galactose being related to SC division makes intuitive sense.

This was just floating around in my head, please point out any errors, suggest improvements etc. Happy to learn and experiment!

The working hypothesis here is that C60 blocks UCP2 pores, which mitochondria of SCs have in great numbers. The pores allow protons to pass, short circuiting ATP production, thus blocking them wakes up the SCs. There is no evidence that D-galactose can do that. In fact, it appears to be toxic and ages SCs faster.

Objective: To investigate the effects of D-galactose (D-gal) on aging of rat marrow mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) and its mechanism.

Conclusion: The aging of MSCs can be induced by 10g/L and 50g/L D-gal, which may be associated with the elevated levels of oxidative stress.

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/24421227/

• Informative x 2
  • Ill informed x 1

#1650 eighthman

• 155 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 09:33 PM

I added AKG and Dihydromyricetin  to the regimen - which I do once a week.  I've noticed an odd change I haven't experienced in many years.

I used to be able to hike or exercise and sort of 'forget' about eating for some hours, just 'popping into' fasting.  This has come back.

Is there any update on age tests for this new regimen?  Inquiring Minds Want To Know.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, stem cells, mitochondria, fusion, stearic acid, aging, hydroxytyrosol, olive oil, mct oil, proliferation

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users