• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Stem cell self-renewal with C60

c60 stem cells mitochondria fusion stearic acid aging hydroxytyrosol olive oil mct oil proliferation

• Please log in to reply
2503 replies to this topic

#2221 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 04:19 AM

Here are some guidelines and comments to try to avoid the sort issues we've been having lately.

1.) Do not attack other posters personally. By all means, attack their ideas if you disagree, but don't attack the person. Snide and snarky comments are not welcome.

2.) Ignore comments that might border on insult when you can. If it's something you can't ignore then report it but don't respond to it. I'm seeing reports come in after both sides have engaged in a back and forth verbal fight. We want to avoid these going forward. Understand that mods aren't watching your "Report" button 24/7. Most of us don't spend every waking moment on Longecity.  If you report a post and then start responding to it, by the time a mod sees it might be a day later and things will have likely blown up in the mean time.

3.) Understand that people disagreeing with you does not constitute trolling. Even if they vehemently and frequently disagree with you unless their disagreement is clearly without basis.  

Going forward in this thread, posters making borderline comments that might walk up to the line or step slightly over will be more actively moderated. In the past I've generally sent a quick private message asking the person to tone down the rhetoric, but that may now generate a short "time out" instead. If I do ask someone to tone things down and they persist, that will definitely result in a significant "time out".

ETA: I was wrong that members can not edit their own threads. I was unaware that this ability was a perk for paying members. I apologize for the confusion that I have created.

Edited by Daniel Cooper, 04 July 2023 - 05:07 AM.

• like x 4
  • Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2222 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 10:10 AM

QuestforLife (who wasn't party to any recent dispute) made an important point:

I sympathise with TB having to field responses to every old question. Just do his protocol or a variant of it, and report back with your epigenetic age results.

Daniel, your list is constructive. Thank you for taking the time to clear away all the debris.  

4.) No individual member "owns" a thread. Not the original poster, not any particular subject matter expert, no one. Therefore no one as a right to tell posters to "get out of my thread". You are the sole owner and arbitrator of your thread right up to the instant you hit the "post" button. We can't have a vigorous debate if someone has the right to eject posters that disagree with them.  You may however suggest someone start a new topic if they are making posts not germane to the thread topic. Note that making an on topic but disagreeing post does not constitute an off topic post.

The purpose of this thread is not to have vigorous debates. The purpose of this thread is for members to share their experiences following a certain protocol, measure their progress, and discuss issues that relate to these activities.

Debate can quickly become a distraction away from the purpose for which a thread such as this one was created.  

If the moderators think their job is "enabling vigorous debates" with regard to this kind of thread, then the moderators are pursuing a goal that's somewhat at odds with the purpose of the thread itself.

I think what most members seek is moderation that takes into account the way a particular thread is serving the needs of contributors and the wider community; in other words, moderation that supports keeping a thread on its own particular rails. 

Edited by Empiricus, 02 December 2022 - 10:31 AM.

• Agree x 7
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • dislike x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2223 njurkovi

• 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 December 2022 - 06:11 PM

Turnbuckle in his protocol, advises against drinking alcohol, so should we mark it with an X here?

A related question -

I am planing on starting the 2 day protocol (1 day fusion, 1 day fission) once a week.

I will not consume alcohol on those 2 days, but what about the other five?

In one of the previous posts Kelvin mentioned not drinking for 15 days after taking C60 -- if I adhere to that it would effectively mean I could never have a drink.

BTW my 'drinking habit' for years has been 2 shots of vodka with some grapefruit juice and tonic (lunchtime, daily).

A similar question for a variety of supplements I am taking - when 'not taking' is recommended, does it typically refer to fusion/fission days only, or is there some spill-over (x days before, x days after the protocol), or does it depend on a particular supplement?

Any insight is appreciated; I will contribute with my data when I start the protocol.

Below I made a list of some of the more common things readers of this kind of forum do/take everyday that could either augment or screw up this Turnbuckle protocol.  Many of these questions have been discussed previously, but it's easy to lose track of what had been posted. Feel free to fill in any blanks with the appropriate code or correct any mistakes. If you disagree with the coding of an item, add your own code (opposite the item next to the previous code) and include a link to the post (#0000) where your code choice is explained (this could be your reply to the most recent amendment to this post). 

0  = Doesn't seem to matter

X  = Dangerous, risky, or ill-advised at any time during this protocol

1  = Supports fusion

2  = Supports fission

Common drugs

alcohol -

coffee - 0

green tea - 

black tea -

Nicotine - 

Cannabis - 

SSRIs -  1 #1803

Metformin - X 

Dietary

High protein diet (carnivore) - 

High saturated fat diet (keto) - 

high carb/sugar diet -  2

fasting -1

Spices

Curcumin - 1 #2198

Ginger - 2 #2197

Chili pepper - 

Oregano -

Salt - 

Pepper -

Supplements

B Complex (B Multi) - 

B1 (Thiamine) -

B2 (Riboflavin) -

B6 - 

B12 -

Vitamin A -

Vitamin C - 1

Vitamin E - 

Vitamin D - 0 #1553

Vitamin K -

Zinc -

Copper -

Selenium -

Magnesium -

Resveratrol - X

Fish oil - 

Dark chocolate - 1

Exercise 

Any kind of exercise -

Cardio -

Resistance training - 2

• WellResearched x 1

#2224 Kelvin

• 164 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 December 2022 - 09:27 PM

Turnbuckle in his protocol, advises against drinking alcohol, so should we mark it with an X here?
A related question -
I am planing on starting the 2 day protocol (1 day fusion, 1 day fission) once a week.
I will not consume alcohol on those 2 days, but what about the other five?

In one of the previous posts Kelvin mentioned not drinking for 15 days after taking C60 -- if I adhere to that it would effectively mean I could never have a drink.
BTW my 'drinking habit' for years has been 2 shots of vodka with some grapefruit juice and tonic (lunchtime, daily).

A similar question for a variety of supplements I am taking - when 'not taking' is recommended, does it typically refer to fusion/fission days only, or is there some spill-over (x days before, x days after the protocol), or does it depend on a particular supplement?

Any insight is appreciated; I will contribute with my data when I start the protocol.

If you want a protocol frequency of 12 a year you could compress it to do one C60 cycle every 4 days over a 16 day timespan, thus completing 4 C60 cycles in about two weeks.

If you do 4 cycles in 16 days you will have 4 months until you try the protocol again.

I did 6 cycles early this year in 3 weeks.

I give 15 days before and after I do the protocol to drink so C60 is clear my system, but I suppose one could cut that by half or just a few days.

I would postpone using any supplements for both fission and fusion days not already included in the protocol because it has so many “moving parts” UNLESS you know your biochemistry very well and have a strong scientific justification for including something new.

How long you should pause using any supplements unrelated to stem cell renewal before and after the protocol depends on how long they last in the body. The majority of supplements will be gone in 48 hours but double check their half lives to make sure.

Of course some supplements (like telomere lengthening compounds like resveratrol) should used rarely or never if they contradict the primary objectives of the protocol.

Edited by Kelvin, 02 December 2022 - 09:36 PM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1

#2225 njurkovi

• 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 December 2022 - 10:01 PM

Kelvin, thank you for your comments.

I was going to do one cycle (1 fusion / 1 fission day) once per week, as per (one of the) Turnbuckle suggestions, but I don't have any idea if that is too much/ too little, or whether I should follow your schedule. Is there some recommended schedule for the "beginners"? There was some vague comment about 'listening to your body' but I guess you need to know what to listen to :-)

As for other supplements I am using, they are not fusion/fission promoting on purpose, but are taken for other purposes (such as heart.,urinary tract and osteoarthritis). I am listing them here, just in case there is some obvious red flag:

(to avoid duplication I am leaving out the ones that are already on the big Emipricus list):

collagen

milk thistle

ubiquinol

kelp

beta-sitosterol

l-citruline

aged garlic

ubiquinol

Regards,

NJ

Edited by njurkovi, 02 December 2022 - 10:04 PM.

#2226 Kelvin

• 164 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 December 2022 - 10:29 PM

I did 6 cycles in 3 weeks (1 cycle every 4 days) in February March and then in October I changed to 1 cycle per week for 3 weeks.

I believe Turnbuckle said stem cells finish differentiating in 2 to 3 days. restarting the cycle every 4 days should work.

He said the cycle can be done once a week or twice a week, so either way should be fine.

As for your other supplements I would just not use them before the protocol unless you have good reason to believe they have a mechanism that would help it.

If you don’t, just leave them off as a precaution.

Edited by Kelvin, 02 December 2022 - 10:30 PM.

• Informative x 3
  • Needs references x 1

#2227 Kelvin

• 164 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2022 - 01:15 AM

By the way, the reason I took 6 cycles in 3 weeks was because, assuming stem cell pools double in size during fusion induced symmetric division, it would take 6 to 7 cycles for a stem cell pool that was at 1-2% capacity to increase to 100% capacity (Note that stem cell reserves can never exceed 100% capacity)

Edited by Kelvin, 03 December 2022 - 01:16 AM.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#2228 njurkovi

• 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2022 - 01:25 AM

Thanks, I was just gonna ask whether that was any rationale in different timings of the protocol

#2229 Repack Racing

• 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 December 2022 - 12:02 AM

In an effort to keep this thread on track, here is a link to Turnbuckle's latest protocol:

https://www.longecit...-66#entry917974

As mentioned, I have been melting Stearic Acid into a chocolate bar here: https://www.longecit...-72#entry919230

This is an extended update to post 1711. The updated protocol can be found near the end.

SUPPLEMENTS FOR REDUCING EPIGENETIC AGE

For fusion, use one or more of the following:

Preferred: Dihydromyricetin (DHM): This can penetrate the BBB, but has terrible taste. It should be stirred into water or juice with a high speed blender. It can also be baked into brownies, but ruins the taste.

Stearic acid triglyceride (food grade stearic acid): This has low availability unless prepared properly (baked into a brownie, for instance) and taken 3 hours before other supplements due to its slow digestion.

Mito fusion brownies

Betty Crocker Fudge brownie mix* (519 g)

2 eggs

4-5 tbsp water

120 g food grade stearic acid

*Or any mix that requires ½ cup oil, but don’t use the oil. Diet versions don’t work well. 

Mix with power mixer and bake as directed on the box. Cut into 16 pieces, dust with flour to avoid sticking, and freeze. Dosage: 1 piece three hours before SC treatment.

Stearic acid monoglyceride (aka glycerol monostearate, GMS): This is a much more soluble and bioavailable form of stearic acid, if stirred into water of juice with a high speed blender. Both types of stearic acid have poor penetration of the blood brain barrier (BBB).

For fission: Nicotinamide (NAM). This may optionally be used with a like amount of ribose. Niacin may be used, but most will find the flush objectional. NR might be used, but it is essentially NAM + ribose that requires a time delay to be broken down. Apigenin is yet another possibility, but I prefer nicotinamide.

For UCP2 blocking: C60 dissolved in a biocompatible oil.

For SC nutrition: Lysine and methionine.

For promoting demethylase: AKG or source thereof.

UPDATED AGE REVERSAL PROTOCOL

(with DHM and GMS)

Day 1: Mito fusion/C60 —

1. C60 — one teaspoon if in olive oil, 1.5-2 teaspoons if in MCT oil

2. Sunflower lecithin — 2-4 grams

3. Dihydromyricetin — 2-6 grams

4. GMS — 1-2 grams

5. Glutathione (reduced or liposomal) — .5-1 grams

6. AKG (alpha ketoglutarate) — 1 gram

7. AAKG (arginine alpha ketoglutarate)  — 2-3 grams

8. SAM-e — 200 mg

9. Lysine — 2-6 grams

10. Methionine — 1-3 grams

Astragalus root powder, every 10th treatment — 500 mg

Day 2: Mito fission, may be repeated for 2 days —

1. Nicotinamide — 1 gram

2. Ribose — 1-2 grams

3. AAKG  — 2-3 grams (AKG can also be used)

4. Lysine — 2-6 grams

5. Methionine — 1-2 grams

6. Fisetin — 100-200 mg

You may skip this fission step for the first month. 

Notes:

1. I generally add the C60 stack to water spiked with an orange/tangerine “water enhancer.” I take the fission stack as pills.

2. More lysine and methionine may be taken a few hours later.

3. Threonine (not listed) is optional. I have used 5-10g on occasion, so I can't say with certainty if it helps.

4. The solubility of C60 in MCT oil is less than in olive oil, so I use more with MCT oil.

5. I've dispensed with sulforaphane as a fusion agent, but it might be helpful for some people. 

6. Present schedule varies, but generally 4-5 times a month.

7. Sunflower lecithin helps the bioavailability of DHM and GMS and supplies a source of choline that find useful. Sunflower lecithin powder seems considerably superior to soy lecithin for this purpose.

8. Lysine and methionine provide SC nutrition.

9. Astragalus root powder provides a telomerase promoter, but using too much will ruin the epigenetic benefits, as it will lengthen the telomeres of TACs and somatic cells, and block their replacement.

10. I use both AKG (already dissolved by the manufacturer) and AAKG. The first is very fast acting (more important during fusion) and the other somewhat slower (more important during fission). Calcium AKG is expected to be even slower and may be used instead of AAKG. Other AKG salts or AKG conjugates may be used.

• Informative x 3
  • like x 3
  • Agree x 1

#2230 Repack Racing

• 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 December 2022 - 08:22 PM

Hello All.  I have posted my new protocol in the Manipulating Mitochondrial Dynamics thread.  It uses principles from this thread and some may find it interesting, it is here: https://www.longecit...-72#entry919914

#2231 Kelvin

• 164 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2022 - 03:05 AM

I am adjusting both my variant of the C60 protocol and mitochondria protocols to take NMN alone, on alternating days, as the only fission and NAD+ promoter.

I have also dropped d-Ribose as unneccessary.

I am changing both of my variants of the protocols because, although NMN causes fission in most of the body, it causes mito fusion in the brain.

Therefore I will alternate it with fission and NAD+ promoter, Nicotinamide.

I want to keep NMN as a fission and NAD+ promoter because of its impressive results on muscles, the cardio-vascular system, and other health benefits I have experienced when using it with the C60 and mitochondrial protocols.

WARNING - I strongly recommend replacing SAM-e with TMG for a methyl donor source regardless of whether one uses 5-HTP with the protocol. The reason I dropped SAM-e and now only use TMG for methyl groups is not because SAM-e doesn't work but because 5-HTP should not be combined with SAM-e and I don't want risk accidentally using SAM-e at the same time I am using 5-HTP with the protocol.

It is easier to avoid mixing them up by never using SAM-e with the C60 cycle, regardless of whether or not I am using 5-HTP.

However, I continue to use SAM-e once month with phosphatidylcholine when I am not on the C60 protocol because of the liver protective effects of SAM-e and phosphatidylcholine.

I have also dropped Nicotinamide Riboside chloride both to save money and because NRcl is too slow acting.

I have dropped d-Ribose as unneccessary.

Instead I now take 1 gram of Nicotinamide for fission on Fission day 1 and then NMN on Day 2 as the only fission and NAD+ promoter.

I am making this change because, although NMN causes fission in most of the body, it seems to cause mito fusion in the brain.

Therefore I will alternate it with the fission and NAD+ promoter, Nicotinamide.

I want to keep NMN as a fission and NAD+ promoter because of its very impressive results on muscles, cardio-vascular system, and other health benefits I have experienced using NMN with both the C60 protocol and the mitochondrial protocol.

Here is my C60 protocol.

It is similar to Turnbuckle's but I use capsules instead of blending them, except for olive oil C60 which I take a teaspoon of.

Also I do not make brownies.

My C60 bottle is double wrapped in aluminum foil and put in the freezer to prevent it from being exposed to light (which degrades C60's stability and can make it toxic) and to preserve C60's molecular structure.

I only take it out of the freezer the night before I use it and place it (still wrapped in aluminum) in a dark closet overnight. After I briefly take the teaspoon of olive oil I double wrap the bottle of C60 again with aluminum foil and place it back in the freezer.

I replace the bottle every 6 months (even if it is still full) and buy a new one to ensure the purity of the C60.

My version of the protocol spreads out the different components across 20-30 minutes to make it easier to take so many supplements, otherwise I get nauseus if I try to take the capsules all at once-

***** 0 hour *****

2 to 3 grams Dihydromyricetin (I find 4 grams to be draining)
2 grams Sunflower Lecithin (To prevent blood pressure from rising because of the fusion agents)
3 grams AAKG (Swanson Vitamins brand)

***** 10 to 20 minutes later *****

1 gram Liposomal Glutathione
1 gram AKG (Now using Double Wood's AKG instead of Simplesa)
100 mgs Sulforaphane (2 capsules)
500 or 1,000 mgs TMG

--------> 100 mgs HTP-5 (Note - This is optional and could be done once after every 3 to 4 cycles. Do NOT take more than 100 mgs of 5-HTP in a 24 hour period. Do not combine SAM-e and 5-HTP)

***** 10 minutes later *****

--------> 500 mgs Astragalus Root Extract (Use astralagus root every 10th cycle)

2 grams Methionine
2 grams Lysine

3 mgs C60 oil capsules (Taken AFTER having every other supplement)

*** Take the same amino acids (2 grams methionine and 2 grams lysine) whenever you feel sleepy, or, every 1 - 3 hours for that day and the next three days to keep feeding your stem cells.

Remember to have LOTS of methionine and lysine supplements available because you will feel sleepy if you don't feed your stem cells with these two amino acids.

I recommend having 500 capsules of lysine and 500 capsules of methionine with 500 mgs per capsule on hand whenever doing the C60 cycle.

*** Fission/Senolytics Day 1. The day after taking C60 take senolytics and fission promoters once in the morning, but not for more than 3 days. One could also drop the senolytics if you aren't seeing benefits and just use AAKG, Nicotinamide or NMN for fission promotion.

3 grams AAKG
500 mgs Fisetin (Fission promoter and Senolytic. Can be reduced to 100 mgs if one stops feeling an effect from them)
500 mgs Quercetin (Senolytic)
1 gram Nicotinamide (Fission and NAD+ promoter)
(Optional) 1 gram Curcumin (Senolytic but promotes fusion. Use only occasionally with fission promoters to trigger apoptosis of senescent cells because combining fission promoters with fusion promoters may work against eachother)

*** Fission/Senolytics Day 2.

3 grams AAKG
500 mgs Quercetin (Senolytic)
1 gram NMN (Fission and NAD+ promoter (except in the brain where it promotes fusion). When using NMN do not use it with other fission promoters or with other NAD+ promoters because NMN causes fusion in the brain)

Edited by Kelvin, 09 December 2022 - 03:32 AM.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1

#2232 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 04:27 PM

New post at ergo-log summarizing studies about risks of light-exposed or contaminated c60.

https://www.ergo-log...-about-c60.html

This was their source for the post:

https://www.increase...rk-side-of-c60/

Edited by Empiricus, 16 December 2022 - 04:31 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2233 njurkovi

• 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 December 2022 - 05:37 PM

Is there a consensus as far as the best (safest?) c60-oo source?

#2234 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2022 - 09:46 PM

After digging around over the last few days, I believe there to be likely a very different explanation, at least in a signifcant part, as to the benefits of this protocol, in particular the explanation of the reversal of DNA damage recorded by Turnbuckle through DNA tests. 

There seems quite strong evidence to imply that the reversal of DNA damage results from c60 regulating/inducing hormesis in Hydrogen Peroxide. Two fairly recent c60/Wistar papers would seem to point indirectly to this conclusion or to some similar explanation. 

In a toxicology study on the effects of c60oo intervention on Thioacetamide (TAA) exposed rats, the low dose c60oo group not only protected against a more than 200% increase in the comet tail - a marker of DNA damage - but remarkably conferred a 30% reduction in tail length over controls. In line with Turnbuckle's observations that low doses are more beneficial, the high dose group (5x) all but wiped out the damage but still retrieved a comet tail greater than those of controls. The inevitable question is to wonder whether c60oo would reduce the comet tail without the burden DNA damaging TAA, without the burden of the DNA  damaging TAA. Unfortunately, there was no C60oo group, nor H2o2 measurements.

I would guess though it quite unlikely that c60oo would repair DNA, reduce the tail "on its own", as it were. For one Turnbuckle had over the years taken c60 as have others and though DNA methylation numbers haven't been over-reported, Turnbuckle only witnessed a significant decrease when starting this protocol despite taking c60oo for years at low doses. There have also been failed (mouse) longevity studies. And many people have often noticed an initial benefit, then things drop off under constant use. The other c60 Wistar rat paper, on measuring the intervention on a Huntington Disease (HD) model of C60 in DMSO rather supports that belief. Unlike, the TAA study, there is a lone c60 group to compare with controls. When looking at the array of metrics c60 appears to do absolutely nothing - they could almost be interchangeable with controls, next to no difference on H2o2 or SOD2 levels. Yet when present in the disease states c60 has an enormous impact, for example, pulling in H2o2 concetrations to controls, recovering the GSH cycle, resulting in hugely improved outcomes over the short trial. 

C60 for the most part seems to quietly regulate, maintaining homestasis, until something gets of line. The stress-responses to fasting, exercise and some toxins too have been long shown as beneficial at the right level. In the TAA study, remarkably, c60 at the low dose, turns around this extremely harmful concetration of TAA into a signifcant benefit - to the comet tail at least - reducing DNA damage. C60 seems to make it the "right dose".

Given, the apparent lack of this benefit amongst c60oo users, yet clear evidence of it from Turnbuckle, and quite possibly too with the Baati rats, this has to be where an explanation and a safe strategy is sought from. And there seems to be one for both Turnbuckle, Baati and TAA/C60oo. And it is Hydrogen peroxide, H2o2. 

In another study on Wistar rats, TAA was shown to signifcantly increase H2o2. In Turnbuckle's' protocol, H2o2 raising palmitric acid (in vitro) is present in stearic acid and perhaps H2o2 is triggered by nicotinamide too, and in the Baati study, as mentioned by Turnbuckle, the rats were fasted, and fasting has been shown in a number of animal models to signifcantly raise H2o2 (in the liver).

So why H2o2? Well,  in one study H2o2 was shown to reduce lifespan in all groups of housefiles, except one, the 10% of max H2o2 dose group, which in fact extended lifespan. And H2o2 has been shown to cause DNA damage, as measured by comet assays, while of course too TAA caused DNA damage, as well as known to raise H2o2.

From this paper:

"And Increased hydrogen peroxide in catalase-deficient cells extends chronological lifespan despite parallel increases in oxidative damage. These findings establish a role for hormesis effects of hydrogen peroxide in promoting longevity that have broad implications for understanding aging and age-related diseases"

In the c60/DMSO HD model there is signifcant recovery of raised H2o2 in both the mitochondria of muscle and brain cells. And too there appear clear hormetic effects of H2o2  in extending lifespan, a study demonstrating a c60 induced hormetic effect for the DNA damaging TAA, which in turn has been shown to increase the DNA damaging H2o2.

So there seems astrong possibility that C60 is regulating H2o2 to induce a DNA repairing, life extending hormetic effect. Ordinarily, presumably, endogenous H2o2 is not enough, so some level of exogenous H2o2 needs to be hormetically regulated - except perhaps during fasting, as might be per Baati.

Further and finally:

"This effect indicates that control of hydrogen peroxide production regulates the mitochondrial respiration preventing the insulin resistance in skeletal muscle cells by a mechanism associated with CREB phosphorylation and β-oxidation of fatty acids."

So this might explain some of the immediate mitochondrial-related benefits many of us have experienced, C60 may well regulate H2o2 production and so in turn mitochondrial resporation. 

Most links have not been included but are found in the more extensive post on the forum. These papers seem important and haven't been posted, and may not be spotted on the forum by those just following the thread. 

This doesn't negate the protocol - it has induced the benefits in Turnbuckle and others - but it may mean that all of the benefits are not explainable through the description of this protocol and so perhaps improved. Certainly it seems quite likely that the C60/TAA provides an explanation for Turnbuckle's lowering of DNA methylation guven c60's dramatic effect on comet tail in this study. And H2o2 hormesis is a strong candidate and present in the protocol with palmitric acid. Also, it might encourage a more cautious approach around levels of c60 and stearic acid/palmitric acid. Perhaps too, it might partly explain the variance in methylation ages - assuming - comet tail and DNA methylation correlate - fluxxing levels of H2o2 and perhaps the timing of c60 as well is the pre-existing levels of c60 when H2o2 is raised.

It might too provide a credible explanation for Baati given the c60oo was stopped years before death, if DNA damage was held back itself for a couple of years. 

Edited by ambivalent, 18 December 2022 - 10:37 PM.

• Disagree x 2
  • Informative x 2
  • WellResearched x 1

#2235 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 05:40 AM

I tested my bio age (TruMe) after 6th cycle of stem cell protocol (three rounds in early July, one round in October, two rounds in December).  Plus two weeks of mito protocol in October. 

My bio age was 2.6 years below my chronological age. My chronological age lies within the “range error” of the test, so this result is nothing to write home about.  

This result is the extreme low end of what i would have assumed based on my:
- healthy stats such as good metabolic health, ideal weight, quite fit, normal blood tests, etc.
- history of "healthy living habits" that includes fasting, intermittent fasting, elimination of seed oils and processed foods, regular exercise, frequent sun exposure
- history of supplementing senolytics, past use of NR and niacinamide, lots of dark chocolate, using c60 about 5 years ago
- my scores on hearing tests have improved by at least 2 years since I began taking the c60, are now about 10 years below my biological age.
- people frequently guessing I am much younger than my biological age. 
These factors lead me to suspect my actual biological age is within the lower bound of the error range (as low as -6.4 years) or lower. Maybe that's what re-testing will show.

On the other hand, these factors argue for the test being accurate: 
- I have endured two harsh bouts of Covid since 2020 (leading to me being sedentary for many weeks at a time), followed by long-lingering symptoms.
- my physical fitness level hasn’t fully recovered to pre-Covid levels.  
- I am exposed to air pollution on a regular basis.  
- based on the side effects, I suspect much of c60 I consumed for the protocol was of bad or low quality. It's possible the well-documented toxicity of light-exposed c60 has a pro-aging effect.  A consumer can't easily rule out contamination in a commercial batch.

Edited by Empiricus, 23 December 2022 - 06:03 AM.

• Informative x 4

#2236 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 06:59 AM

As I mentioned above, I suspect some of the c60 I was taking may not have been of the highest potency or quality.  Following is my review of some brands of c60 available on Amazon and brief descriptions of some side effects that followed.

First a disclaimer. My inclination to attribute the protocol’s main side effects to the c60 may not be correct. For example, after my first three rounds I reduced the Day 2&3 niacinamide dose and replaced most of it with apigenin. Possibly there’s a toxic interaction caused by niacinamide and residual c60 (which i discussed at s i ome length in earlier posts).  

- June, stem cell rounds 1-3 (c60 brand A): Side effects were unprecedented clumsiness causing toe injury, nightmares, not needing as much sleep, some memory issues, much improved complexion, general health rebound in following weeks. 

- Oct, stem cell round 4 (c60 brand B): Side effects were nightmare, not needing as much sleep, and two nights of dizziness. At Turnbuckle’s recommendation I followed up with mito protocol for two weeks. My overall health and strength improved a lot. Immunity seemed better too. 

- Dec, stem cell round 5-6 (C60 brands D&C): Needed to sleep longer, complexion poor, feel run down. 

- Dec, stem cell round 7-8 (c60 brand D): Need to sleep longer, complexion poor. I feel as if the last 4 cycles have been useless or counter-productive. 

A - PureC60OliveOil
B - SES 99.9% olive
C - AvaNaturals 99.9% carbon-60 in olive oil
D - Suspended Solutions olive

I’m not prepared to recommend any of the above brands. I can’t be sure A wasn’t responsible for the causing the next-morning extreme clumsiness that resulted in an badly injured toe; B had unpleasant side effects, but when followed by mito protocol delivered tangible health improvements; C&D didn’t feel like they were doing anything at all except increase my need for sleep. 

If i were to take one of the above again, I’d choose B and cut the dose. I might be willing to give C a second try. I’m done with A and D.  

Edited by Empiricus, 23 December 2022 - 07:31 AM.

• Informative x 5

#2237 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 December 2022 - 10:57 AM

Turnbuckle mentioned on a few occasions the Baati rats were fasted overnight resulting in a fused state, priming them for the subsequent c60 adminsitration. Did TB provide a reference for this? I had a quick look at the paper and only found one reference to fasting and this was in 2.1.1 pharmokinetics where the rats were sacrificed shortly after, but not as far as I can see overnight fasting before each c60oo dose as per 2.3:

https://www.bioactiv...sure-to-C60.pdf

#2238 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 26 December 2022 - 11:34 AM

Turnbuckle mentioned on a few occasions the Baati rats were fasted overnight resulting in a fused state, priming them for the subsequent c60 adminsitration. Did TB provide a reference for this? I had a quick look at the paper and only found one reference to fasting and this was in 2.1.1 pharmokinetics where the rats were sacrificed shortly after, but not as far as I can see overnight fasting before each c60oo dose as per 2.3:

My recollection is that Turnbuckle had said that previous Baati studies had used overnight fasting and that it seemed reasonable to assume the same feeding schedule had been carried over to the study where the rats lived a long time on c60.   

Edited by Empiricus, 26 December 2022 - 11:36 AM.

• Needs references x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#2239 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 December 2022 - 01:23 PM

My recollection is that Turnbuckle had said that previous Baati studies had used overnight fasting and that it seemed reasonable to assume the same feeding schedule had been carried over to the study where the rats lived a long time on c60.   

Thanks Empiricus, that may be true. Though unless his other studies loaded up for 7 straight days each day on the back of a fast, I would have thought that couldn't be assumed as it surely would be too experimetnally confounding given the likely ameliorating effect on toxicity  fasting would promote.  Certainly it is possible, but would would need to be confirmed.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • Agree x 1

#2240 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 December 2022 - 04:31 PM

There has been guidance issued on this thread - the return of trolling with 'Dangerous, Irresponsible' is not welcome. There clearly has been no suggestion or advice issued in the previous post - it was seeking clarification - so there can be nothing dangerous or irresponsible contained and unless it is explicitly obvious what the dangerous or irresponsible act is then explain it, otherwise it comes across as lazy and self-indulgent. As we all know, life is short.

• dislike x 3
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2241 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 26 December 2022 - 06:24 PM

We are not doing a government trial here, and if you want to wait for that, you may grow old and die first. What we do have is this: There have been two failures at reproducing the original rodent trial with C60, showing that the antioxidant hypothesis was wrong. They also show there must be an unknown variable at play (99% sure it is fusion), and we have several users here who have seen a drop in epigenetic age (measured with actual tests) while combining C60 with fusion. Thus one has reason to expect longer life by using C60, but only when using it correctly. (If you are planning to take "a few hundred ml in a month," "on the back of several days of stearic acid," then you won't be using it correctly.) There is nothing magic about this, and only one hypothesis as yet not proven. It is known, for instance, that fusion promotes self-renewal of stem cells, and it is known that UCP2 pores disappear from dividing stem cells. If one postulates that C60 serves as a UCP2 pore blocker, then it's easy to see how it provides a back door to banishing quiescence and promoting SC division. One then only needs to add fusion. With SC niches filled by repeated self-renewal, proper cellular maintenance will be restored and epigenetic age will fall.

As the person who interviewed Fathi Moussa in Paris and met him personally, and asked him questions off camera, I will say this:
Personally, whether or not it works for longevity, this has been a pretty amazing thread and I admire Turnbuckle for all his contributions.

I also continue to take C60 Olive Oil we made in the past at almost a cup per day for 7 days, at least once a year. I don't take a small spoonful or mg's like many here. The rest of my regimen is listed in this thread: https://www.longecit...nal-experience/

Having said that, many here may not remember that years back I mentioned my mother had an upper endoscopy and that the doctor said she had stomach cancer. She told my siblings and I about it, and the first thing I did was make some C60 olive oil and flew from Miami Florida to Seattle. Anyone who read about Fathi's study, knew those rodents had no cancer, and that was an astonishing find in my book. Yes, I had her take the same amount of C60oo as I did, daily for 7 days and a few supplements.

It's my mother; of course, I was a wreck and had to try anything. I will admit that.

Needless to say the next time the doctor examined her, there was nothing. This was 7 or 8 years ago now?
Yes, she is still healthy and still living in Washington state.

Do I believe it was the C60 olive oil?
I don't know. Maybe the specialist somehow screwed up the endoscopy video and images initially, right? I only know what I did, what I provided her every day, and that I watched her drink it since we both drank it at the same time, trying hard not to make faces (it was almost a cup full of oil, after all, every day for 7 days).

No, I don't sell C60 olive oil. I only make it for my personal use, just like many here have been doing for a while. I currently have about 5-7 liters in the cabinet behind me as I write this post.

Just my two cents,
and I hope everyone here had a good Christmas, and I wish you a Happy New year!

A

(My edits were minor, I just fat fingered a few things)

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 26 December 2022 - 06:37 PM.

• Informative x 3
  • like x 2
  • Well Written x 1

#2242 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 December 2022 - 06:56 PM

Lovely to hear your mother is still doing well, Anthony, I remember you providing an account of  the treatment at the time.

That's a very interesting c60oo protocol and naturally in line with the study - that sounds like a litre in a week, or so. Only Sensei and maybe HIghDesertWind were high dosers and we don't hear so much from them. Do you notice consistent effects each time in the days, weeks after?  

Edited by ambivalent, 26 December 2022 - 06:57 PM.

• like x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2243 Repack Racing

• 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 December 2022 - 06:58 PM

I also continue to take C60 Olive Oil we made in the past at almost a cup per day for 7 days, at least once a year. I don't take a small spoonful or mg's like many here. The rest of my regimen is listed in this thread: https://www.longecit...nal-experience/

Anthony, thanks so much for this.  We needed a breath of fresh air into this thread.  Very interesting on the plasma donations, I think folks might try it.  The only negative I have heard about the whole blood/albumen transfusion thing is that is wears off after a few weeks.  Of course, that's anecdotal and from a very small sample.

I am curious about the decision to take large doses of C60 once per year.  Why did you go that route?

Also interested in the longevity protocol.  Turnbuckle really focused on a specific outcome regimen, alternating with different supps.  I have followed that lead.  In your regimen you take a combination of supps that TB has on alternating days or cycling.  Do you feel like it doesn't matter since cells are going through fission, fusion and autophagy all the time anyway?

I was doing great before starting the mito protocol and stem cell protocol, just taking NMN, C60 and a multi.  I am not sure it's helping to break it out versus taking daily and it's much more complicated.

All of that said: have you taken an age test?  Sorry if I missed that somewhere. 

Thanks!

• Good Point x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#2244 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 26 December 2022 - 08:00 PM

Lovely to hear your mother is still doing well, Anthony, I remember you providing an account of  the treatment at the time.

That's a very interesting c60oo protocol and naturally in line with the study - that sounds like a litre in a week, or so. Only Sensei and maybe HIghDesertWind were high dosers and we don't hear so much from them. Do you notice consistent effects each time in the days, weeks after?  

Again, I believe Turnbuckle (or Niner) can provide more technical knowledge on this than I, as he has been a consistent C60 user and has delved into this subject for a very long time. I honestly can only provide anecdotal information on my intake and some suggestions. 

What are the consistent effects?
As I mentioned years ago, sometime between days 3-7 there is an increase in muscle strength when taking C60oo in the large amounts I am taking, which is quite noticeable. At the time, I was thinking this might be a great way to boost strength for an athlete, at least temporarily before a meet. I still think this might be the case today.

How long did it last?
I did not check this... life took over and I was busy with other things.

I am curious about the decision to take large doses of C60 once per year. Why did you go that route?
I followed the amounts on the study and converted it for larger animals. However, we metabolize things differently so I switched to taking it once every 6 months, and then decided to switch to once every year. I am presently considering going back to taking it once every 6 months again. I figure it will be good for Keto. There is a lot of information I am seeing regarding ketones lately on my radar, and this just fits in perfectly with some of this.

Please note that I do have the old Domain "C60.net" that has some of the basic info if you want to make your own C60oo. It hasn't been updated since December of 2015. It's also an old and clunky website, and most links don't point anywhere anymore, but I wanted to keep it available instead of taking it down in case someone wanted to make some of the C60oo for themselves and/or are trying to find info on how to do it. Honestly I would only trust someone like Turnbuckle or Niner to update it, if they ever wanted to consider it.

This is a simple screenshot from this webpage that I go by when taking C60oo myself: https://c60.net/c60-...things-learned/

Attached File  Animal Doses C60.net Chart.png   44.65KB   1 downloads

At the time that we made the C60oo we did not sonicate the batches. We simply used high shear mixers and a few other things when we produced our excellent purple (and other color) batches of C60+oils, instead of the magnetic mixers that can take a long time. There are videos out there of a batch we made. 

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 26 December 2022 - 08:10 PM.

• Informative x 4

#2245 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 December 2022 - 09:08 PM

Thanks for this Anthony, you'd make a for a great control for adding something prior into the protocol, such as stearic perhaps. Also, on the positive it doesn't appear as though the effects have waned despite the intermittent large dosing over a decade.

• like x 1

#2246 Blu

• 40 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 09:19 AM

I am planning to try the protocol.

I use to take an ACE inhibitor to lower blood pressure, and a beta-blocker. The latter to my knowledge promote mito fission, so I could avoid it the morning (or the whole day) when I do the fusion. But what about the ACE inhibitor? I understand from this topic that mito fusion can increase blood pressure.

Any thought on the issue?

#2247 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 27 December 2022 - 05:05 PM

Here is Turnbuckle -- from #1839

Unlike Moussa, Moody didn't find any longevity enhancement with C60, however he didn't employ fusion. As I've noted before, the original Moussa longevity experiments likely used the same overnight fasting protocol they used for their toxicity study, though they failed to mention it, probably thinking it not important. Small rodents have a metabolic rate 6 times higher than humans, so this fasting was probably enough to generate a fusion state.

• Informative x 3

#2248 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 December 2022 - 05:30 PM

Thanks Empiricus, though it might be true it's a leap for Turnbuckle to assume it, especially as they did mention in the section on pharmokinetics - it would be pretty remiss of them not to have mentioned it. Hopefully, we will be able to find out. I wonder if Kmoody's mouse study had the same loading up period. 

It is interesting too that Anthony has gone with the loading-up c60oo,as per the study, and no more, which perhaps would suggest perhaps that is where where Baati and Moussa thought the benefit was, which I think ties in more with a hormetic response as appears probable with the TAA study. 

Others have experienced this mega dosing impact. I partially tried it years ago but didn't notice a benefit, the opposite if anything - a half way position maybe harmful perhaps. But this high dosing effect has been reported and not explained.   

Do you have a link to Kmoody's paper, Empiricus?  

Edited by ambivalent, 27 December 2022 - 05:57 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#2249 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 December 2022 - 01:34 PM

On protocol blood pressure:

Stearic Acid "Serum level of cholesterol ester stearic acid (18:0) was inversely associated with diastolic pressure: each SD increase (0.2%) was associated with a decrease of 1.4 mm Hg (95% confidence interval, −2.5 to –0.2 mm Hg)."

Palmitric Acid: A 2-SD increase in saturated palmitic acid was associated with 1.4 (95% CI, 0.5 to 2.3) mm Hg increase in systolic blood pressure.

I have linked elsewhere that palmitric acid appears a candidate to raise H202 levels, so that maybe a cause. 

And "Oxygen free radicals, including hydrogen peroxide, may mediate oxidative stress in target organ tissues and contribute to cardiovascular complications in hypertension"

I appreciate the complementary BP measurements for each acid are missing but still its quite suggestive of palmitric acid, contained within food grade stearic acid, being the cause of the raised blood pressure expereicned when taking food grade stearic acid.

Did TB avoid taking stearic acid several days in a row, or have others tried this and noticed the effects? 

Edited by ambivalent, 28 December 2022 - 01:37 PM.

• Informative x 1

#2250 katzenjammer

• 292 posts

Posted 31 December 2022 - 01:39 PM

Very Interesting thread, I've read some but not all (75 pages!) of it.  Too bad that TB isn't still here; I value everyone's input but his especially.  

About the protocol, why not simplify it,  at least at first?  

So, say:  a 24 hour fast with light cardio -> pool your stem cells -> C60 5ml.  Once a week?

Edited by katzenjammer, 31 December 2022 - 01:47 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, stem cells, mitochondria, fusion, stearic acid, aging, hydroxytyrosol, olive oil, mct oil, proliferation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users