phobia

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#151 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:01 AM

I like this but as I stated before ACTIONS SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS. These words sound powerful but I want to combine them with a "pill" that can create ACTION.

Use for social anxiety disorder

"Typically, exposure therapy is employed as a psychotherapy to help patients suffering from social anxiety disorder.[2] Nevertheless, many patients still exude symptoms even after therapy.[2] To help such patients, in 2006, a study found that when 50 mg of DCS (D-cycloserine) was administered an hour prior to exposure-based cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) sessions, it resulted in a much higher anxiety reduction as compared to the administration of a placebo with CBT.[2] Additionally, the researchers also found that when DCS was given with exposure-based CBT for social performance situations such as public speaking, this also resulted in reduction of social anxiety.[2]

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Cycloserine

Dune, Frank Herbert -- The litany against fear:

I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Then only I will remain.

Meditation can be effective in reducing ineffective fear while retaining the rational fears that protect us. When you look deeply into your own mind and meditate on your own actions, you'll find that much of your own behavior is dictated by your fears; both conscious and unconscious. Once you face these fears and sort thru them, they lose much of their power to influence you in bad ways. Once the fears have been dealt with, you're left with only your skills (mental, physical and social) against those of your opponents.

One need not always pop a pill to get an effect.

• Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#152 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:00 PM

This might be of interest.

http://www.amazon.co...ar-Driven Brain

From what I understand this approach can be helpful in a variety of fear related issues related to overactive amygdala and not only what is referred as "developmental trauma".

• Ill informed x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#153 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:35 PM

Anything in any of the Norton Series is well worth getting. So far the book has 30+ reviews, all of them five-star. I’ve read several thousand pages of the Interpersonal Neurobiology Series, and they’re all outstanding, particularly Louis Cozolino’s stuff. The only problem with the Norton Series is that you never quite know what you’re getting. They range in technicality from something anybody with a high school education can understand to books that can only be understood by somebody who has graduated from medical school. I gave up trying to read the entire series, but I think I’m going to get this book when the used copies start hitting the amazon resellers. Way cool cover graphic, too.

#154 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:34 AM

Strangelove, I'm still curious as to why your opinion on lysine was not clear. Seems as if you didn't use it long enough at certain dosage. I also haven't used it long enough but I think I remembered its anxiolytic effect but then again I never tried it at 2.5 to 5 g dosages. 

#155 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:10 PM

Anything in any of the Norton Series is well worth getting. So far the book has 30+ reviews, all of them five-star. I’ve read several thousand pages of the Interpersonal Neurobiology Series, and they’re all outstanding, particularly Louis Cozolino’s stuff. The only problem with the Norton Series is that you never quite know what you’re getting. They range in technicality from something anybody with a high school education can understand to books that can only be understood by somebody who has graduated from medical school. I gave up trying to read the entire series, but I think I’m going to get this book when the used copies start hitting the amazon resellers. Way cool cover graphic, too.

Cool, NFB in my opinion is highly underated/underused modality (home training even more so) if I had the chance to train with this specific protocol in the near future I would buy the book myself. 

#156 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:29 PM

Strangelove, I'm still curious as to why your opinion on lysine was not clear. Seems as if you didn't use it long enough at certain dosage. I also haven't used it long enough but I think I remembered its anxiolytic effect but then again I never tried it at 2.5 to 5 g dosages. 

Yes, I did not try it long enough, to be honest I was a little discouraged from the side effect you got, but I never read a side effect in others experiences in anxiety support forums and I ll give it another try for at least 10 days. I am using and cycling many supplements and should have a good and distinctive effect in order to confirm results.

What exactly do you mean by fear? For myself I have a general uneasiness that situations might not go as expected or planned, I have positive confident thoughts but I am getting a strong anticipatory anxiety every time I might have to look in the "outer reality" if thing are going well or when I am thinking trying something new. A simple example would be opening an e-mail that would give an answer to if I could be able to continue the next step in something I consider important.

• Agree x 1

#157 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 03:36 PM

Cool, NFB in my opinion is highly underated/underused modality (home training even more so) if I had the chance to train with this specific protocol in the near future I would buy the book myself. 

Did you notice that one of the reviewers mentioned this book? There are some used copies in the $3.00 range. I think I’ll get it. It might be woo, but it looks interesting enough to at least give it a read and try his proposed techniques.

Edited by Heisenburger, 09 June 2015 - 03:36 PM.

#158 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:46 PM

Did you notice that one of the reviewers mentioned this book? There are some used copies in the $3.00 range. I think I’ll get it. It might be woo, but it looks interesting enough to at least give it a read and try his proposed techniques.

I believe I bought it many years ago, I do not remember reading the whole book, and in general I find it difficult taking the time to sit every day to perform a mental exercise especially without guidance. I might follow a NFB protocol everyday, If I had the money to buy the equipment and then find a similar protocol like what discussed in the first book.

Edit: I tried three grams lysine (having two grams when I tried it the previous times) on an empty stomach and I believe got results. I seemed calmed down a bit and noticed I was more focused on my present environment. I am going to continue taking it to see if placebo has anything to do with it...

Edited by Strangelove, 09 June 2015 - 08:04 PM.

#159 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:07 AM

Yeah, I know. Me too. Meditation schmeditation—who has time for it? But I figure anything that will kill anxiety and increase perceptual abilities for free and without the use of drugs is at least worth a shot. I bought the cheapest used copy they had this morning.

• Cheerful x 1

#160 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:36 PM

Yeah, I know. Me too. Meditation schmeditation—who has time for it? But I figure anything that will kill anxiety and increase perceptual abilities for free and without the use of drugs is at least worth a shot. I bought the cheapest used copy they had this morning.

No I agree with you, just in practice I know I would not go through, also is very certain that neurofeedback (with the right protocol) would be way more effective. When I ll have the money I ll buy the euipment needed...

#161 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:11 AM

What equipment are we speaking of here?

No I agree with you, just in practice I know I would not go through, also is very certain that neurofeedback (with the right protocol) would be way more effective. When I ll have the money I ll buy the euipment needed...

#162 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:40 AM

Found this quote from the lysine wiki page so I'm wondering if there are different lysine types then considering what was mentioned below is "monochloride" and since my bottle of lysine is hydrochloride. I'm assuming there is a difference and that may be the reason why there's mixed opinions on lysine. Also, the bottle of lysine I have suggested to take it with l-proline and  zinc. Any clue why? I already take zinc for the dopamine receptor activity. I've never combined zinc with lysine though so I'm not sure yet what it could do.

Limited studies suggest that a high-lysine diet or L-lysine monochloride supplements may have a moderating effect on blood pressure and the incidence of stroke.[45]

#163 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:42 AM

This is the best I have found so far, and I have read quite a few discussions for neurofeedback on line.

http://www.longecity...-neurofeedback/

#164 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:17 AM

Strangelove, what do you think of this quote regarding propranolol:

"Propranolol is being investigated as a potential treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder.[17][18][19] Propranolol works to inhibit the actions of norepinephrine (adrenaline), a neurotransmitter that enhances memory consolidation. Individuals given propranolol immediately after trauma experienced fewer stress-related symptoms and lower rates of PTSD than respective control groups who did not receive the drug.[20]"

#165 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:09 AM

My used copy of The Open-Focus Brain came in the mail today. I’m already halfway through it. The author’s basic premise is pretty simple and straightforward. By following his visualization exercises, you can modify your brainwave activity at will, and without the use of neurofeedback equipment. You can even make your entire brain go into a phase-synchronized alpha state whenever you want to. I’ll post more when I finish reading it, but I think he’s really on to something here. I have a deep intuitive feeling that this is not woo. I’m going to attempt to contact the author. He was a graduate student at UCLA in the 1960s, so he almost undoubtedly knew my father. I’m also going to start saving up for some NFB equipment—it would be really interesting to see tangible results and see how what kind of responses I get from various nootropics.

#166 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:25 AM

If this is "mind over matter" I think there is something to it. I think anything is possible to change our brains without drugs. The problem is it's hard to do nor is there any science to back it up. I just know ANYTHING is possible without going borderline superstitious.

My used copy of The Open-Focus Brain came in the mail today. I’m already halfway through it. The author’s basic premise is pretty simple and straightforward. By following his visualization exercises, you can modify your brainwave activity at will, and without the use of neurofeedback equipment. You can even make your entire brain go into a phase-synchronized alpha state whenever you want to. I’ll post more when I finish reading it, but I think he’s really on to something here. I have a deep intuitive feeling that this is not woo. I’m going to attempt to contact the author. He was a graduate student at UCLA in the 1960s, so he almost undoubtedly knew my father. I’m also going to start saving up for some NFB equipment—it would be really interesting to see tangible results and see how what kind of responses I get from various nootropics.

#167 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:41 PM

Strangelove, what do you think of this quote regarding propranolol:

"Propranolol is being investigated as a potential treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder.[17][18][19] Propranolol works to inhibit the actions of norepinephrine (adrenaline), a neurotransmitter that enhances memory consolidation. Individuals given propranolol immediately after trauma experienced fewer stress-related symptoms and lower rates of PTSD than respective control groups who did not receive the drug.[20]"

I think the way to go about this is to check experiences in anxiety forums. I think the "immediately" is the operative word in this quote, as the action of propranolol is in the peripheral nervous system it might block some feedback mechanism that could worsen PTSD symptoms?

#168 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:56 AM

I have been using propranolol the past few days, without any Vyvanse. The reason why I decided to use propranolol in the past few days was that going to my doctor's office/clinic has been a dread for me ever since my last outing there. I can explain what that reason is; the clinic is in a shady part of town and it's not very diverse so in other words they would be staring at me for being an "outsider". My 10 mg dose of propranolol was magic. An advice from the book called Smart Drugs & Nutrients was to take it 1.5 hours before the event that causes me "dread". I felt like Batman going in that office. No fear whatsoever and for that lack of fear comes confidence. Although there have been few seconds "fear" wants to be let "loose", but propranolol seem to block it very well. People didn't stare at me because they saw NO FEAR whatsoever. This is the description of the location, with no racism involved: the location of the clinic is located in the worst part of the city and it's a black neighborhood, and I'm not black. Imagine that! These kinds of situations/locations sometimes make people uneasy especially if the "outsider" such as myself is viewed as such. In fact, me not having any signs of uneasiness made that crowd seem to accept me and I think they were surprised at how relaxed I was so in turn they seem to have welcomed me, unlike my last experience there, when I didn't use propranolol, I came across as "wild", "suspicious", and just an "outsider". I think when one shows any signs of negative emotions such as fear, people will notice this and somewhat feel the same way towards me and it becomes a loop of fear between both parties. 

Oh and propranolol is the ONLY drug there is for "performance anxiety" upon looking it up on drugs.com. I love this drug! It's anxiolytic that inhibits the amygdala without sedation. I don't think I even need my unused Xanax! Xanax is really only for full blown panic attack that needs to be controlled ASAP within 5 minutes since it is quick release. 10 mg Propranolol seem to last all day for me.

I'm trying to find out if I can mix propranolol when on Vyvanse. It would be nice to block out the norepinephrine release of Vyvanse when needed plus I think the cardiac activity of amphetamines would be nice to be "controlled" by propranolol. There is no interaction I could find between the 2 drugs otherwise they wouldn't be prescribed to me at the same time. So my assumption is, it's a good pair together. I would only want to use propranolol when needed though.

Edited by eon, 18 June 2015 - 08:13 AM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#169 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:36 PM

Pretty cool, thanks for the experience, I do not have "this kind of fear" much, but I am going to try propranolol to see if it helps with procrastination I am going through when I am not sure for the course of an event, If I can control the outcome to a good effect or not.

#170 EntityV

• 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:28 PM

Well, I think the most terrible fear and depression I had my whole life was after using a rather therapeutic doese of Phenibut (~1g) for five days... Coming down I really thought that the whole life as such was completely useless and that it would come too an end very soon. I wouldn't suggest anyone to use it. Rather use a benzo on occasion.

Yea i had the worse depression after coming off of phenibut.

Is fear holding you back? I understand why fear exists is because of fight or flight response, if we didn't have this we'd be a lot more careless than we are, right? 

I used to know a person who could not feel pain. That's what she told me anyway. From her body language I think she is telling the truth. Does this mean she lacks an opioid receptor? Maybe it's possible not to have any fears and anxiety without taking anxiolitic pills?

• Agree x 1

#171 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:33 PM

I have a ten-gram tub of 1,3-DMBA that I bought from Ceretropic a couple of months ago that’s just been sitting in a shoe box, unopened, ever since I got it. Yesterday I decided to crack it open and try it. Since it’s a stimulant, I expected some anxiogenesis. Strangely enough though, it seemed to have the opposite effect. It seemed to abolish apprehension of the unknown. For over a year now, I’ve been wanting to sell my house and move to Washington to be near my family. But fear of doing so has been holding me back. I don’t want to leave the place I’ve called home for the past 20 years and move to a strange city 1000 miles away that I’ve never been to and start all over again. But the DMBA erased that. The little voice in my head said “well, shit—what’s the worst that can happen?” “Just do it.” I called my agent that afternoon.

Propronolol and Xanax together will completely turn off stage fright in me. But I have to use them together. Either one alone will only provide partial relief. But the two combined will completely switch it off. Doesn’t take much, either. Half a milligram of Xanax (that’s only twice a pediatric dose) and ten milligrams of Inderal (that’s the smallest tablet they make) is all it takes.

#172 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:59 PM

I have a ten-gram tub of 1,3-DMBA that I bought from Ceretropic a couple of months ago that’s just been sitting in a shoe box, unopened, ever since I got it. Yesterday I decided to crack it open and try it. Since it’s a stimulant, I expected some anxiogenesis. Strangely enough though, it seemed to have the opposite effect. It seemed to abolish apprehension of the unknown. For over a year now, I’ve been wanting to sell my house and move to Washington to be near my family. But fear of doing so has been holding me back. I don’t want to leave the place I’ve called home for the past 20 years and move to a strange city 1000 miles away that I’ve never been to and start all over again. But the DMBA erased that. The little voice in my head said “well, shit—what’s the worst that can happen?” “Just do it.” I called my agent that afternoon.

Very cool, have you read any similar experiences? I ll check it out!

#173 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:33 PM

Yes, some reddit posters have reported similar seemingly paradoxical reactions to this stimulant. Not sure if it’s safe though. The FDA doesn’t seem to think so, and is trying to get vendors to stop selling it. I just bought it because I’ll try almost anything I read about. I doubt that I’ll buy it again; when the tub is empty it’s unlikely that I’ll ever reorder more. Apparently it’s never been tested in humans.

#174 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:39 AM

Well yeah since you're in Europe? In the U.S. where it's segregated, one neighborhood is all black, the other is all white. Me walking into an all black neighborhood and I'm not black, when on Propranolol, made me feel and look like Batman, absolutely no fear of judgement or anything. I believe I mentioned it before about propranolol inhibiting the amygdala where "racial bias" also seem to dwell in. Everyone has them, keeping it under control and or abolished can be a wonderful thing. You can be in any rough neighborhood without the "jitters".

Not sure how propranolol could help with procrastination, maybe if something is holding you back due to fear in getting something done because of fear of failure or embarrassment or fear of being judged (by others or by your self), then I would assume that it could. Honestly, I actually wanted to transfer to another clinic location weeks earlier before my appointment at this particular not-so-good clinic. The other clinic is more diverse but something in me wanted to test propranolol at 10 mg to see if that dose would work for me, and it did. As I mentioned already, I walked into the clinic head held high, no fear of being stared at or judged, no worries if people would talk about me or call me crazy.

Pretty cool, thanks for the experience, I do not have "this kind of fear" much, but I am going to try propranolol to see if it helps with procrastination I am going through when I am not sure for the course of an event, If I can control the outcome to a good effect or not.

Edited by eon, 19 June 2015 - 06:47 AM.

#175 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:51 AM

Curious if you are on an actual "stage"? Are you a performer? I would assume xanax is more of a sedative than a norepinephrine blocker ala propranolol. I haven't tried both together, but I'd assume 20 mg of propranolol (which is still little considering it can be taken over 500mg, I think) would be just as good without stacking xanax. From what some people have told me the withdrawal from benzos can kill you. Propranolol feels safe.

Propronolol and Xanax together will completely turn off stage fright in me. But I have to use them together. Either one alone will only provide partial relief. But the two combined will completely switch it off. Doesn’t take much, either. Half a milligram of Xanax (that’s only twice a pediatric dose) and ten milligrams of Inderal (that’s the smallest tablet they make) is all it takes.

#176 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:02 PM

Well yeah since you're in Europe? In the U.S. where it's segregated, one neighborhood is all black, the other is all white. Me walking into an all black neighborhood and I'm not black, when on Propranolol, made me feel and look like Batman, absolutely no fear of judgement or anything. I believe I mentioned it before about propranolol inhibiting the amygdala where "racial bias" also seem to dwell in. Everyone has them, keeping it under control and or abolished can be a wonderful thing. You can be in any rough neighborhood without the "jitters".

Not sure how propranolol could help with procrastination, maybe if something is holding you back due to fear in getting something done because of fear of failure or embarrassment or fear of being judged (by others or by your self), then I would assume that it could. Honestly, I actually wanted to transfer to another clinic location weeks earlier before my appointment at this particular not-so-good clinic. The other clinic is more diverse but something in me wanted to test propranolol at 10 mg to see if that dose would work for me, and it did. As I mentioned already, I walked into the clinic head held high, no fear of being stared at or judged, no worries if people would talk about me or call me crazy.

Yes you are right, I am having the second kind of fears more, I am not afraid (sometimes stupidly, getting into accidents) for physical harm as much, at times I rationalize I should be more fearful for physical harm that is more dangerous from the fear of loosing control over future events. I never thought it before (and tried propronolol only a few times) but maybe would make me think more clearly and ease stress when making and executing what I consider a difficult decision.

#177 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:05 AM

I used to know a person who could not feel pain. Does this mean she lacks an opioid receptor? 

I am very interested in this. Can someone explain to me how on Earth this makes sense. Isn't it the reverse - that agonizing opioid receptors induces calmness/anti-anxiety effects? That's the reason so many people are abusing opioid receptor drugs, at least.

How would antagonizing opioid receptors have any anti-anxiety effect? I really want to understand this in relation to a thread I myself made.

#178 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:12 AM

What do you guys think of this compound below:

Tofisopam is a member of the 2,3-benzodiazepine compound family which is marketed for the treatment of anxiety in some European countries. In contrast to classical 1,4-benzodiazepines, the compound does not bind to the benzodiazepine binding site of the γ-aminobutyric acid receptor and its psychopharmacological profile differs from such compounds. In addition to anxiolytic properties, antipsychotic effects are reported [...] 

We further show that tofisopam acts as an isoenzyme-selective inhibitor of phosphodiesterases (PDEs) with highest affinity to PDE-4A1 (0.42 μM) followed by PDE-10A1 (0.92 μM), PDE-3 (1.98 μM) and PDE-2A3 (2.11 μM).

#179 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:20 AM

I would assume when one can't feel physical pain (by way of antagonizing the opioid receptor?), one should not be able to feel "pain" (emotional?) or at least it's being blocked, the emotional pain that would induce one to have anxiety attacks/panic attacks?

The person I spoke of could not feel physical pain and from her mannerism, she appeared to lack emotional pain as well (maybe she was on drugs when she was speaking).

I would think Kratom would be the safest and or natural product that acts on the opioid receptor. Kratom is something I have been interested in but haven't done much research on it or where to get the best form (from a trusted seller).

I used to know a person who could not feel pain. Does this mean she lacks an opioid receptor? 

I am very interested in this. Can someone explain to me how on Earth this makes sense. Isn't it the reverse - that agonizing opioid receptors induces calmness/anti-anxiety effects? That's the reason so many people are abusing opioid receptor drugs, at least.

How would antagonizing opioid receptors have any anti-anxiety effect? I really want to understand this in relation to a thread I myself made.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#180 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:38 PM

What do you guys think of this compound below:

I’ve been Googling this for about an hour, and it just shot to the top of my want-to-try list. Nobody seems to have any negative things to say about it. It seems almost too good to be true—a benzo that doesn’t get you high, make you drowsy, or have any addictive potential. Unfortunately, none of my three established offshore suppliers (AllDay, Mimaki, or Nippon) carry it. The Bulgarian vendor brandmedicines.com has it for about 60 cents a tablet. I have no prior experience with them, but they have a solid reputation on Pharmacy Reviewer. If I can get some, I’ll report back with the results.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: phobia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users