• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

what meds decrease amygdala activity?

meds social anxiety high serotonin discussion amygdala activity progesterone overactive amygdala

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#61 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:13 PM

thanks that makes so much sense... I noticed I am starting to  lose weight I think my metabolism has sped up.. dunno why maybe due to decrease in cortisol?

Also I can breath better deeper it feels like my stomach opened up . I sleep better and can get up easier. I think more cleary. I feel it requires less effort when walking it just automatic and I can walk pretty fast without any effort but before memantine it was so difficult for me to just walk especially at this pase i am now.

it feels like my body is working like a machine now not like a baby that needs feeding and rest all the time that dont work properly..

II have a doc appointment on 18 october I will tell her about my memantine and how it works for me and  I will also ask to combine it with some medication like wellbutrin and abilify. If I can feel even better why not? but its still pretty early my body is still healing from all the damaged caused by the years 

oh and i Forgot to say  I dont sweat as easily ...and I can handle the sun better , before the sun would make me so warm Now I   can stay in my room and It feels nice..

Edited by farshad, 14 October 2017 - 02:17 PM.

#62 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:58 PM

i also got my 23andme results finaly  i paid 200 bucks to see if i had any health problems

Edited by farshad, 14 October 2017 - 04:59 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#63 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:58 PM

thanks that makes so much sense... I noticed I am starting to  lose weight I think my metabolism has sped up.. dunno why maybe due to decrease in cortisol?

Also I can breath better deeper it feels like my stomach opened up . I sleep better and can get up easier. I think more cleary. I feel it requires less effort when walking it just automatic and I can walk pretty fast without any effort but before memantine it was so difficult for me to just walk especially at this pase i am now.

it feels like my body is working like a machine now not like a baby that needs feeding and rest all the time that dont work properly..

II have a doc appointment on 18 october I will tell her about my memantine and how it works for me and  I will also ask to combine it with some medication like wellbutrin and abilify. If I can feel even better why not? but its still pretty early my body is still healing from all the damaged caused by the years 

oh and i Forgot to say  I dont sweat as easily ...and I can handle the sun better , before the sun would make me so warm Now I   can stay in my room and It feels nice..

In theory it's possible to combine Memantine with multiple substances, but I wouldn't go around changing anything this early on... remember, you've been trying for YEARS to find something that works - you don't want to upset the balance this drug has put you on, by adding even more drugs yet - let the drug work for a few weeks before you consider adding more drugs.

But sure, talk to your Dr.  - she might have some ideas for later down the road, regarding combination with other drugs.

• Cheerful x 1

#64 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:32 PM

this loss of balance and dizziness just doesent go away  :mellow:

Edited by farshad, 16 October 2017 - 04:32 PM.

#65 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:53 PM

this loss of balance and dizziness just doesent go away  :mellow:

Usually it does.

It might just take time - there's also the fact that for some people it doesn't go down unless they LOWER their dosage - try lowering to something like 15 mg's.

There are also references to the fact that it keeps happening if you take the memantine at DIFFERENT TIMES OF DAY - and apparently it goes away if you go on a schedule where you take the memantine the exact same time of day.

There's also references to it happening any time you try a NEW DOSAGE - then you get dizziness. This then lasts for about 3-4 day.

Didn't you start only 5 days ago? And then you changed your dosage from 40 mg, to 20 mg, 3 days ago?

Don't be so hasty... Memantine is very, very sensitive when it comes to dosing, you have to let the effects stabilize for a few days, timewise and dosage-wise, before you can say whether it's a continous side-effect or not.

As such: consider what I said, and simply be careful with operating machinery, or bicycling or what-have-you, for the next couple of days.

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 16 October 2017 - 08:53 PM.

• Informative x 1

#66 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:04 PM

would it be overkill to ask for guanfacine too decrease amygdala further? I have an appointment 18 oct I will bring up wellbutrin and memantine .

#67 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:51 AM

nevermind its not working i thought it was at first but my social anxiety is still there its been a week and im on 20mg/day.

it could be that memory thing  we talked about but i doubt it .

And I dont think 20mg is doing anything I need atleast 30mg-40mg for any effect  on mood could be wrong tho.,

Edited by farshad, 18 October 2017 - 10:11 AM.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#68 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:25 PM

nevermind its not working i thought it was at first but my social anxiety is still there its been a week and im on 20mg/day.

it could be that memory thing  we talked about but i doubt it .

And I dont think 20mg is doing anything I need atleast 30mg-40mg for any effect  on mood could be wrong tho.,

Based on WHAT? You've been on the drug for a total of 7 days - one week. Don't give up on the drug that quickly... I suggest giving it two more days on 20 mg before you increase dosage any further.

Also, please keep in mind... generally, 20 mg is the maximum safe dosage - increasing beyond that is fraught with possible issues - there's a reason the only higher dosage available for prescription is 28 mg.

As such, if you really must go any higher, then don't go higher than 30 mg - anything else could actually be dangerous.

Please read here:

https://www.drugs.co.../memantine.html

https://www.reddit.c...mantine_dosing/

Notice the fellows whom talk about psychosis... that's not a joke, mate.

• Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#69 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:29 PM

Im not giving up on the drug, I have just lost hope- im giving it until I run out which is  like in 3 weeks. 

#70 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:45 PM

I just wanna tell you were im at right now. I have tried SSRI/SNRI they did not work so my problem is not low serotonin.

beta blockers did not work so my problem is not anxiety caused by emotions/memory  its caused by just a chemical imbalance since im always anxious on the same level and it doesent go any higher.

I first thought I had a slow MAO-A very slow which would result in high serotonin but I tried reserpine well not the actual medication but the root which contains resperpine and that didnt work.  Nardil didnt work either which slows down MAO-A I think to make the neurotransmitters last longer or in higher amounts.

so if I have high serotonin why didnt metegoline or cyproheptadine work for me? it could be I dont Have high serotonin lvls or that cus serotonin antagonists dont reduce serotonin they just stop it from having an effect .. thats were fenclonine which actually reduces serotonin comes in but I cant get my hands on it or dont know how.

I tried memantine because I thought I had an overactive amygdala . But either the drug is not potent, my dosage is too low or I maybe dont have any problems with overactive amygdala?  Im starting to just belive I have high serotonin and high serotonin in my amygdala.

One other thing I also belive in is I  belive I have low DHEA/pregnenolone and progesterone. I belive my cortisol levels are high . I dont know why but my theory is because of my elevated serotonin levels have caused me to be deficient in those 3 and result in very high cortisol. If I did try fenclonine and it did not work i would be convinced my problem is not serotonin.

I also did 23andme test my results:

someone said dont worry about these and that millions of people have them and they hardly do anything .. I do belive them but if thats the case then what is causing this social anxiety For me? It leads back to high serotonin and high serotonin in the amygdala/other places  and deficient in DHEA/Pregnenolone and progesterone with high cortisol. But why do I have high serotonin in the first place? My father seems to have the same issue as me. I know when someone has the same problem as me just by watching them interact with other people in life.. check out these guys on youtube I belive I have the same condition as them its very rare:

bart kwan - On youtube
Joe jo - on youtube

Thehodgetwins Kevin but his twin Keith dont have it which is odd  - on youtube

Roy Jones JR - the famous boxer

james franco (not sure about this guy tho might not have it 50/50 on this)

those People I belive have the same condition I have. If you just watch them closely and how they talk etc its very unnatural which is same as for me.  But I just cant find out why this is... what is causing these problems for me? why is my body doing this? Like I said im at were I belive I have high serotonin and high serotonin in my amygdala/other parts-

with  low DHEA/pregnenolone and progesterone. I know this was a weird post but maybe I can make you understand and get you  to know me better and understand where im coming from.

I know theres no accurate test to check your brain serotonin levels.. but at this moment I wanna try fenclonine but i just dont know where to get it. I also thought I had carcinoid which is a tumor causing excessive levels of serotonin but I dont know if thats serotonin in the  brain or it cause high serotonin outside the brain.. so carcinoid is another thing  Ineed to get checked.

wbBehX1.png

so now what will I do? I dont know I guess I will talk to my doctor again and ask to check Progesterone , DHEA and pregnenolone levels and maybe even serotonin . And also if its possible to check if I have carcinoid.

and maybe all these:  Cortisol,testosterone,estrogen,vitamin D,growth hormone and the thyroid

but thats where im at right now.... Im just so tired of this im getting nowhere ..

Edited by farshad, 18 October 2017 - 09:57 PM.

#71 Finn

• 135 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:09 AM

https://selfhacked.c...omt-v158m-gene/

Met/Met=AA

Val/Met=AG

Val/Val= GG

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4573548/

Patients homozygous for the rs4680 low-activity met allele (met/met), known to have the high levels of dopamine, had the greatest placebo response. Similar results were reported for another COMT SNP, rs4633, which is closely linked to rs4680.

So combination of rs4680 AA and rs4633 TT should give very high susceptibility to placebo effect.

Edited by Finn, 19 October 2017 - 06:10 AM.

#72 Finn

• 135 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:30 AM

http://www.gestaltre...nomic-analysis/

Yasko Method interpretation of results: COMT V185M +/+ & H62H +/+ The combo on this enzyme leads me to have a “Super COMT +/+” status. This is a rather serious mutation. It means I have a 3-4 fold reduced clearance neurotransmitters dopamine, epinepherine (adrenaline), and norepinephrine from neural synapses. Thus leading to naturally elevated levels of dopamine and adrenaline.

High NE should reduce 5-HT levels through α2A receptor agonism . So by quick look, there seems to be more serotonin reducing factors in your gene results rather than increasing.

COMT also metabolizes estrogen.

In men apparently DHEA has a fairly strong tendency to convert to estrogen.

So with your COMT genes, your estrogen clearance should also be lower ----> higher risk of DHEA moobs. 

Edited by Finn, 19 October 2017 - 07:23 AM.

#73 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:33 PM

so wat should I supplement with, nothing? someone said these mthfr stuff/mutations whatever dont have a big impact on you which is what I belive and that I still have high serotonin or other problem low dhea etc caused by something else.

Edited by farshad, 19 October 2017 - 05:37 PM.

#74 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:46 PM

what is DHEA moobs? I know when I supplemented with dhea for 1 week my gyno strated to disapear so something is missing here.

I could have high epinepherine (adrenaline), and norepinephrine which leads to all the stress i am experiencing and thus reduces my dopamine /neurontransmitters and the chronic stress deplets my dhea etc n causes variety of symtomps fatigue like i have for example.

So what is something that decreases epinepherine (adrenaline), and norepinephrine? Guanfacine  does this?? 

Lithium also?? Im gonna be honest I actually never tried propranolol a second time like I mentioned in the thread.. I just tried it once a long time ago and it was at higher doses but didnt work but ninja said the dosages had to be very precise .. I never got propranolol a second time I just wanted to pretend like I did to get of the subject and continue with other stuff that I deemed important.-  but the precise dosage was for the amygdala tho not the adrenaline   
Quick google search tells me ssri decrease adrenaline and I have tried a few ssri and stayed on them for like months and they didnt work. 

but like I said I think theres some other factor involved which causes all my symtomps

Since I have high neurontransmitters it could be that I have high adrenaline and  serotonin and with these 2 causing a lot of stress and causing low DHEA and high cortisol  and with the chronic stress my dopamine lvls reduces and voilla ?? I still belive my main problem is high serotonin as I have a hard very hard time focusing (low norepinheprine?) or just my serotonin lvls are that high...

Edited by farshad, 19 October 2017 - 08:27 PM.

#75 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:20 AM

You have one short form 5-HTTLPR. You probably have one short-form 5-HTTLPR (serotonin-transporter-linked polymorphic region). Variations in the region have been extensively investigated in connection with neuropsychiatric disorders. Identification of tag haplotypes for 5HTTLPR for different genome-

You have two long form 5-HTTLPR. You likely have two long-form 5-HTTLPR (serotonin-transporter-linked polymorphic region). Variations in the region have been extensively investigated in connection with neuropsychiatric disorders. Identification of tag haplotypes for 5HTTLPR for different genome-wide SNP 

maybe: higher scores on anxiety-related personality traits; greater placebo response One study of (only) 25 people shows this genotype was a significant predictor of clinical placebo response, being associated with greater improvement in anxiety symptoms. A criticism of this study has also been published, and it has not been replicated since the original publication years ago. This SNP has been linked to several psychiatric and/or behavioral phenomena, including:
•higher scores on anxiety-related personality traits
• obsessive compulsive disorder
•panic disorder with a possible gender-dependent effect
rs4570625, also known as G-703T, is a SNP in the tryptophan hydroxylase 2 TPH2 gene. This SNP has been linked to several psychiatric and/or behavioural phenomena, including:
• rs4570625 and rs4565946 linked to the pathogenesis of early-onset obsessive compulsive disorder
• rs4570625 and rs11178997 in TPH2's regulatory region display preferential transmission
• rs4570625(G;G) homozygosity was a significant predictor of clinical placebo response, being associated with greater improvement in anxiety symptoms. g2b2mh is rs4570625(G;G) is a significant predictor of clinical placebo response? maybe not panic disorder with a possible gender-dependent effect Transmission disequilibrium of polymorphic variants in the tryptophan hydroxylase-2 gene in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.... 
 more info

I ran my 23andme data file trough Promethease and came across this.. Serotonin related stuff.. I dont know what this means but maybe someone here does? theres actually quite a few serotonin reports trough my DATA....

Edited by farshad, 20 October 2017 - 03:51 AM.

#76 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:58 AM

update on the memantine:

its been like 10 days now and im at 30mg.. Dunno.. Still have bit of dizzines/loss of balance .. my anxiety? well.. its still there . 

#77 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:54 AM

Compared with placebo, DHEA reduced activity in the amygdala and hippocampus, enhanced connectivity between ...

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/23552182

#78 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:33 PM

Well, if it doesn't work yet, then I think you should just go on Olanzapine - yes, there are side-effects, but really, considering all you've been through, all you've trialled, how much do these side-effects matter, when weighed against such unbelievably treatment-resistant anxiety as you have?

Very little, I would say.

If Olanzapine doesn't work, then add Memantine to it. And if that doesn't work, then combine Phenelzine (nardil) and Olanzapine. And if that doesn't work, then combine Phenelzine, Olanzapine and Memantine - finally, perhaps you can even combine it with a FOURTH agent - Propranolol.

As such:

Step 1 - Olanzapine

Step 2 - Olanzapine + Pregabalin

Step 3 - Olanzapine + Memantine

Step 4 - Olanzapine + Pregabalin + Memantine

Step 5 - Olanzapine + Phenelzine

Step 6 - Olanzapine + Phenelzine + Pregabalin

Step 7 - Olanzapine + Phenelzine + Propranolol

Step 8 - Olanzapine + Phenelzine + Propranolol + Pregabalin

STEP 9 (! if this one doesn't work, then you're NOT HUMAN!!) - Olanzapine + Phenelzine + Propranolol + Pregabalin + Memantine

The final combo is rather dangerous... since it contains so many drugs, but it's bound to completely shut off any sort of anxious response - essentially lobotomizing you.

So, as you can see, even though you have trialled many drugs on their own, their is still a PLETHORA of combinations to try, and multiple which would contain more unusual drugs and combinations, which your Dr. might not know much about.

Do not despair! There is still much to try.

• like x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#79 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:54 PM

yeah the only drugs that worked was diazepam and zyprexa.. I should probably try to get them but my doctor situation is complicated at the moment so I cant right now unfourtunaly. but who knows maybe the zyprexa was placebo just like memantine. when I first tried memantine I thought it helped because i felt so different and it did lower anxiety a bit but I can still feel my anxiety was there thats why I thought it was a memory issue. at the moment the only drugs I can get my hands on: lithium , propranolol and agomelatine . and maybe Vyvanse

here are all the drugs I tried btw:

diazepam
zyprexa
memantine
lexapro 
sertraline
buspar
Celexa
PAXIL 
Prozac 
Nardil
propranolol 
klonopin 
Alimemazine 
Venlafaxine
Bisoprolol
LYRICA
tianeptine 
seroquel
Cyproheptadine 
Reserpine
lergigan
Atarax
phenibut
kratom
St John's Wort 
rhodiola rosea
SAM-E
5-MTHF
Trimethylglycine
metergoline

Edited by farshad, 20 October 2017 - 10:44 PM.

#80 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:09 PM

@ Farshad : I think you're going down the wrong road into a never-ending spiral if you think going through all the possible combinations of known and obscure substances is the solution. Mathematically , it will take you a few hundreds of years to test all the combinations at various dosages. And probably damage yourself even more in the process.

If I understood well from your posts, you main problem is social anxiety. Unlike some purely neurological issues like Parkinson's or Alzheimer, most anxiety problems have a very strong psychological aspect in them. And by that, I'm not saying it's 100% psychological, I'm saying a substantial amount of the issue is psychological, on top of having a substantial physical base. Maybe It's 50/50, or 30/70, or 60/40, etc..

It's a feedback loop. The brain rewires itself. It's plastic. A chemical issue creates psychological issues, which in turn will push the brain to rewire itself in a way that creates even more physiological issues, which in turn, etc... It doesn't matter which of the chemical or the psychological started this loop. What matters is that you need to break the loop at some point.

That means you will only be able to solve the problem if you address BOTH the physiological AND the psychological aspects at the same time.

You need to rewire your brain. Chemicals ( whether natural or pharmaceutical ) may help by giving you enough relief of the most annoying symptoms, but in your case not big enough to give you control of your life again.  The point is that they should be used as a way to take you out of crisis mode, so that you can start tackling the rest trough therapy. The chemicals in your case should be considered a tool to facilitate the deeper rewiring of your thought processes through therapy. You never mentioned therapy, so I guess it's something you never tried.

Talk to your doctor into recommending a good therapist. I believe it's fully reimbursed in Sweden ? CBT therapy is backed up with hundreds of serious studies, and deemed very efficient in anxiety issues. I personally prefer ACT ( which helped me a lot, and still making progress with it ), but I think you should try the standard CBT first.

If zyprexa or diazepam helped a bit, then ask your doc to get you back on them , not as the key solution, but as a basis to help you lower the shields while tackling the rewiring of your thought processes through therapy.

Edited by BlueCloud, 22 October 2017 - 01:30 PM.

#81 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:40 PM

@ Farshad : I think you're going down the wrong road into a never-ending spiral if you think going through all the possible combinations of known and obscure substances is the solution. Mathematically , it will take you a few hundreds of years to test all the combinations at various dosages. And probably damage yourself even more in the process.

If I understood well from your posts, you main problem is social anxiety. Unlike some purely neurological issues like Parkinson's or Alzheimer, most anxiety problems have a very strong psychological aspect in them. And by that, I'm not saying it's 100% psychological, I'm saying a substantial amount of the issue is psychological, on top of having a substantial physical base. Maybe It's 50/50, or 30/70, or 60/40, etc..

It's a feedback loop. The brain rewires itself. It's plastic. A chemical issue creates psychological issues, which in turn will push the brain to rewire itself in a way that creates even more physiological issues, which in turn, etc... It doesn't matter which of the chemical or the psychological started this loop. What matters is that you need to break the loop at some point.

That means you will only be able to solve the problem if you address BOTH the physiological AND the psychological aspects at the same time.

You need to rewire your brain. Chemicals ( whether natural or pharmaceutical ) may help by giving you enough relief of the most annoying symptoms, but in your case not big enough to give you control of your life again.  The point is that they should be used as a way to take you out of crisis mode, so that you can start tackling the rest trough therapy. The chemicals in your case should be considered a tool to facilitate the deeper rewiring of your thought processes through therapy. You never mentioned therapy, so I guess it's something you never tried.

Talk to your doctor into recommending a good therapist. I believe it's fully reimbursed in Sweden ? CBT therapy is backed up with hundreds of serious studies, and deemed very efficient in anxiety issues. I personally prefer ACT ( which helped me a lot, and still making progress with it ), but I think you should try the standard CBT first.

If zyprexa or diazepam helped a bit, then ask your doc to get you back on them , not as the key solution, but as a basis to help you lower the shields while tackling the rewiring of your thought processes through therapy.

Sounds reasonable - but, you have to remember - he has Aspergers Syndrome, ak a Autism Spectrum Disorder as well - I'm guessing on top of that, he's got PTSD, since Farshad is a Persian name, so possibly he's a former refugee as well?

All of it could also simply be a result of Autism - the social anxiety.

In autists, social anxiety is NOT illogical and cannot have the same mechanisms governing it as among neurotypicals - so I would expect CBT developed for neurotypicals to be ineffective, or perhaps even inappropriate - since that would be about blunting a natural response to a hostile environment, which is, imho misguided - if there's a real problem, you don't solve it by trying to get the patient to pretend it's not real - the problem will still be there.

On the other hand, I did just find some meta-reviews which have found CBT is effective... Hard to argue against that - I can only assume that these are very talented special therapists whom do research as well, who use very specific Autist-focused techniques to help Autistic people cope with the stress that is Neurotypical behaviour.

Treatment of anxiety in autism spectrum disorders using cognitive behaviour therapy: A systematic review

http://www.tandfonli...518420903236288

Hmm... this study below implies that there is a clear difference between them - that apparently, CBT will be more effective for an Autist if her ENTIRE FAMILY is involved as well - so they can together learn how to modify their behaviours towards each other. This is logical - since the anxiety for an Autist does not come out of the blue - it comes from responses from the people around them as well - learning how to communicate and co-exist in mutually does indeed make much more sense then.

Anxiety Disorders in Typically Developing Youth: Autism Spectrum Symptoms as a Predictor of Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment

https://link.springe...0803-010-1047-2

This article down below seems more neutral in just how effective CBT really is for social anxiety in Autism - but I can't get round the pay-wall to actually read the final, more detailed conclusions regarding which treatments are better and which methods actually show greater promise... Can anyone break the wall and upload the article? Would surely be helpful for our OP - Farshad.

Cognitive-behavioral therapy for anxiety in children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders: Modification trends

http://www.sciencedi...750946709001184

Btw, Farshad, does your fixation with the amygdala come from reading this study, which found activity abnormalities in the amygdala of autists, when comparing facial images, which was correlated with increased social anxiety?

Association between amygdala response to emotional faces and social anxiety in autism spectrum disorders

http://www.sciencedi...028393210003179

On another note - can you give us examples of when you get social anxiety?

Can you somehow avoid some of the things which trigger your anxiety? Maybe we can figure out some tricks and changes to your life which you can implement, which would MINIMIZE your contact with the triggers?

I'm getting the feeling that you get anxious from the behaviour of neurotypicals, you see - so, the conclusion then, the simplest solution, is it not to NOT hang out so much with neurotypicals? To minimized your contact with them, and instead find AUTISTIC fellows, whom you can socialize with? I've read on multiple boards how yes, socializing with others autists can at first be even MORE scary, since they are so different from neurotypicals, but, in time, once you get somewhat used to the differences, Autistic people often find that true friendship and a better, less anxious life lies in soializing primarily with others on the spectrum.

#82 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:19 PM

Sounds reasonable - but, you have to remember - he has Aspergers Syndrome, ak a Autism Spectrum Disorder as well - I'm guessing on top of that, he's got PTSD, since Farshad is a Persian name, so possibly he's a former refugee as well?

Ok, I may have missed the post that concerns Autism ( but was he clinically diagnosed with that, or is it his own interpretation ? ). That indeed complicates things a bit more. PTSD however has a decent rate of success with therapy.

Concerning CBT, I've myself been struggling with generalized anxiety and social anxiety for decades. I've tried CBT with a therapist, as well as self-help, and I must say that I had very limited to no success at all with it. ACT on the other hand, which I started ( self-help ) recently, I had some serious progress with it and it starting to make some real impact, with the addition of the combo of herbal+pharmaceuticals I'm taking. It just seems that my brain is extremely adept at disproving the "not real" arguments that the various CBT tools try to assert. My previous CBT therapist ( a looooong time ago ) pretty much gave up on me, because I was almost always able to bring solid proof that the external sources of my anxiety are very much logical and provable, statistically frequent if not constant. In the end, she referred me to a supposed more experienced colleague ( I never went to him ), and she probably ended up in a mental hospital after having me as a patient  :laugh:

ACT on the other hand, seems to just fit my brain. Maybe precisely because it doesn't attempt at proving that the sources of my anxiety are not logical. You simply walk away from the battlefield ( to put it in a very simplistic way, because it's more complex than that), and try to choose the best next course of action despite having that war raging inside of you. After a while, the battle just seems to calm down on its own. The soldiers give up because they starve on attention, which you're not fully and sincerely giving them anymore by immersing yourself among them. You're acknowledging what they're doing, but your not getting involved with them anymore.

I would however not recommend ACT instead of CBT just because of that. ACT is relatively new, and while there are already a substantial amount of studies showing its efficiency in depression and anxiety, CBT is more established and more available, so it makes sense to recommend it first. Only if it really fails would I recommend ACT instead.

Edited by BlueCloud, 22 October 2017 - 03:21 PM.

#83 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:29 PM

I appericate you guys help but your making it too complicated. its not PSTD. Its not autism.  I belive I have some sort of unknown rare mutation . At the moment I think I have high serotonin levels which I need to reduce by a lot .My dad has the same problem as me... Even tho he was always outside and never inside but he still develop this social anxiety. So it is some sort of chemical imbalance and im starting to think its high serotonin.... Because I  have social anxiety 24/7.. even now as im typing this.. I cant express my self to the fullest because of my anxiety. If you guys check youtube the names of the people I suspect have the same mutation and pay attention to them maybe you can see what im talking about? I have ordered some lithium orotate to see if it can help decrease my adrenaline levels. f it wont work then the only thing I suspect I have is high serotonin and because of this high constant serotonin my other neurotransmitters have droppped and with the constant stress = low dhea,pregnenlone and progesterone. And the only thing that decreases serotonin are fencoline  and AGN-2979  but of course they are hard to get hands on... Metergoline and cyproheptadine dont reduce serotonin they just block it from havin an effect.' thats why I belive they didnt work. I have loads of side effect from high serotonin too which further confirms my theory. When I tried tianeptine it had an effect to me it was weird not sure if it decrease serotonin but it must have done a lttle bit but I felt better.. every medicine that has actually an effect on serotonin affects me when reducing. But you cant measure serotonin lvls in the brain can you?? which sucks more for me. At the moment  after trying lithium and it doesent work I will try to increase my dopamine and norheprine levels with wellbutrin and abilify and for my high serotonin I will try a benzodizepine. Benzodiazepines work by reducing serotonin lvls https://www.ncbi.nlm.../pubmed/5064914

I tried klonpin no effect at all but diazepam did have an effect. I have yet to try xanax, lorazepam tho which are 2 of the best benzos.

Edited by farshad, 22 October 2017 - 09:44 PM.

#84 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:33 PM

Dude, if people would mark your posts as "pointless, timewasting" I would give them a thumbs up.. All you have been doing is rambling all a long is that you have a hyperactive amygdala and high levels of serotonin. People give you advise, you dismiss it, or leap around the advise that have been given and however don't listen to anyone and come back to a theory you delusionaly believe in. I guess it's time to listen to the advise that has been given, if, off course, you want to help yourself.

Edited by YoungSchizo, 22 October 2017 - 11:39 PM.

• Agree x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • like x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#85 Finn

• 135 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:25 AM

check out these guys on youtube I belive I have the same condition as them its very rare:

bart kwan - On youtube
Joe jo - on youtube

So this condition is so rare that it hasn't been even discovered yet, yet two friends of different ancestry, Kwan (Chinese) and Jo (Japanese) who make videos together, both have it?

Anyway, my guess by quick look, would be some ASD traits

Thehodgetwins Kevin but his twin Keith dont have it which is odd - on youtube

This wouldn't be odd for ASD. Even with identical twins, when one has autism odds are 30% that the other one will not have autism.

Autism overlap

- identical twins 70%

- fraternal twins 35%

- different age-siblings 19%

So it really isn't surprising that one of the identical twins might have ASD traits while the other one does not.

james franco (not sure about this guy tho might not have it 50/50 on this)

My guess, some ASD traits

http://theinneractor...-being-a-loner/

James Franco on being a loner

https://www.villagev...look-at-people/

James Franco Doesn’t Look At People

Edited by Finn, 23 October 2017 - 04:54 AM.

• Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#86 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:44 AM

I also came across this (maybe I do have some form of autism?)  ; 

Children With Autism Have High Serotonin Levels

New Study Conducted Shed Light to Possible Treatments for Autism Spectrum Disorder

"...Another thing the study found out is the relationship of serotonin to ASD. The results show that about 30 percent of the total number of the correspondents, which are children having the disorder, have hyperserotonemia. When they have undergone tests, their blood exam showed they are positive to have an above normal level of serotonin. With the information gathered, Cascio and her group became certain of how hyperserotonemia affects people with ASD. And to know more about it, she said that the group is currently working to prove their hypothesis, which she believes will be a stable ground for future research."

Edited by farshad, 23 October 2017 - 04:51 AM.

#87 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:03 PM

I also came across this (maybe I do have some form of autism?)  ; 

Children With Autism Have High Serotonin Levels

New Study Conducted Shed Light to Possible Treatments for Autism Spectrum Disorder

"...Another thing the study found out is the relationship of serotonin to ASD. The results show that about 30 percent of the total number of the correspondents, which are children having the disorder, have hyperserotonemia. When they have undergone tests, their blood exam showed they are positive to have an above normal level of serotonin. With the information gathered, Cascio and her group became certain of how hyperserotonemia affects people with ASD. And to know more about it, she said that the group is currently working to prove their hypothesis, which she believes will be a stable ground for future research."

At least some forms of anxiety are connected to high serotonin, so I suppose it's plausible that some Autistic people have increased such activity - there is indeed a lot of anxiety as commorbidity with autism.

Really, you should be considering autism more closely... I mean, you HAVE told me, that this is one of your official diagnosis - this is what Dr's have deduced that you suffer from, by examining your behaviour.

As far as I can tell, it's also reasonably accurate - I know several autistic people both online and offline and I see many similarities in you.

The fact that your anxiety is treatment-resistant is logical if you have autism - the anxiety then comes from trying to fit in with a society built for neurotypicals, and from the stress that comes with always putting immense amounts of energy into trying to understand non-autistic people.

I think you should consider entering some form of behavioural treatment program for Autism, such things do exist in your jurisdiction - social training along with CBT may at least give SOME relief - drugs may give the rest necessary to keep the worst of it in check.

#88 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:31 PM

now that my memantine has ran out (yesterday) and the effect is starting to wear off. i aint gonna lie it was pretty good for depression.. not so much for my anxiety. Will update back when my Lithium arrives and DHEA+Pregnenolone which I will test.

#89 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:13 PM

now that my memantine has ran out (yesterday) and the effect is starting to wear off. i aint gonna lie it was pretty good for depression.. not so much for my anxiety. Will update back when my Lithium arrives and DHEA+Pregnenolone which I will test.

Why would you bother with these two though, when you actually know of two drugs which seemed to help you? Why not trial Diazepam and Zyprexa again, first?

Seems much more logical to me.

I know you said your Dr. situation was complicated - WHY? What do you mean by that? If you explain a bit about it, we may be able to give you some suggestions, and help you to find professional help - changing Dr's is fully allowed if the two of you can't work together - and perhaps the complication is in reality from a silly misunderstanding? Such things really do happen - perhaps we can give you advice, yes?

And since you've mentioned how you've gotten access to multiple controlled drugs in the past, I don't see that it's an impossibility to acquire these two either, yes? Zyprexa, the antipsychotic, in particular, should prove easier to purchase - there are multiple sources online.

I honestly think that's what you should do - instead of trying these other things all of a sudden - you haven't have time to evaluate the stuff that you've actually seen helps!

And hey, if Memantine actually improved your depressive thoughts - why not go BACK on Memantine as soon as possible instead? Your anxiety will be easier to live with if you have less depression.

As such:

Zyprexa

Memantine

Diazepam

Try to achieve that instead...

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#90 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:52 PM

Look into Lysine. It's not so much decreasing amygdala but more like regulating it instead.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: meds, social anxiety, high serotonin discussion, amygdala activity, progesterone, overactive amygdala

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users